PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Charities. Why Donate?

Christie Brinkley
09-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Why donate to cancer research charities when big pharma is already doing it? A cur (or a huge breakthrough in treatment) for cancer would not be free. I am sure they will not give it away 'for charity'. If ever you want to help people with cancer then donate to hospices instead.

Bottom line, why help people who if they hit a breakthrough will sell treatment at the highest price for maximum profit?

jimnyc
09-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Why donate to cancer research charities when big pharma is already doing it? A cur (or a huge breakthrough in treatment) for cancer would not be free. I am sure they will not give it away 'for charity'. If ever you want to help people with cancer then donate to hospices instead.

Bottom line, why help people who if they hit a breakthrough will sell treatment at the highest price for maximum profit?

That's interesting. While I would love to see some cures for diseases, I would also like to see some of the money go directly to those who need it, or are suffering. How would someone make small donations to a hospice? Just directly to them, I suppose? Just anything to make the folks have a better life at the end, even if it's a little money to help with arts and crafts, or to help keep the TV's on for them, maybe get a facility Ipad for folks to share? Or maybe $$ to help them get some kittens and puppies, nothing better in the world for people who are sick or sad.

Christie Brinkley
09-02-2015, 06:07 PM
That's interesting. While I would love to see some cures for diseases, I would also like to see some of the money go directly to those who need it, or are suffering. How would someone make small donations to a hospice? Just directly to them, I suppose? Just anything to make the folks have a better life at the end, even if it's a little money to help with arts and crafts, or to help keep the TV's on for them, maybe get a facility Ipad for folks to share? Or maybe $$ to help them get some kittens and puppies, nothing better in the world for people who are sick or sad.
The people who make different medical drugs for those suffering don't think like you and I, they think only about profit.