PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Else Bought One Of These Yet?

Pale Rider
07-07-2007, 05:57 PM
I bought this thing on the forth. It looked cool, and I like Heineken. $19 frickin' dollars. But, what a piece of shit! There's too much pressure, and the damn spout drips like a bad faucet after you tap one, and as you can see, no matter how you try and pour one, you get this massive head. Don't buy one of these. What a waste.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4455/beer002vf5.jpg

shattered
07-07-2007, 06:09 PM
That's what you get for trying to make beer as permanent a fixture as something important, like coffee. :D

nevadamedic
07-07-2007, 06:12 PM
I bought this thing on the forth. It looked cool, and I like Heineken. $19 frickin' dollars. But, what a piece of shit! There's too much pressure, and the damn spout drips like a bad faucet after you tap one, and as you can see, no matter how you try and pour one, you get this massive head. Don't buy one of these. What a waste.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4455/beer002vf5.jpg

Where did you get that? Is that refillable? The main reason I would get it would be for a showpiece on my bar.

Pale Rider
07-07-2007, 06:14 PM
That's what you get for trying to make beer as permanent a fixture as something important, like coffee. :D

Well it was in the frig. I took it out for the pic.

I heard the "eleventh" commandment was, "no man shalt go without coffee." :D

Pale Rider
07-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Where did you get that? Is that refillable? The main reason I would get it would be for a showpiece on my bar.

I got it at the Super K right above my place, and no, it's not refillable. You can have it when it's empty, because it's just going in the trash otherwise.

shattered
07-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Well it was in the frig. I took it out for the pic.

I heard the "eleventh" commandment was, "no man shalt go without coffee." :D

Right. That's *coffee*. Not beer. And, better you give the *woman* coffee, rather than hoarding it for yourself, or your life is likely to be in turmoil

Pale Rider
07-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Right. That's *coffee*. Not beer. And, better you give the *woman* coffee, rather than hoarding it for yourself, or your life is likely to be in turmoil

I make it a point NOT to have my women "live" with me. Too much hassle. "We have sex... you go home now"... :cool:

shattered
07-07-2007, 06:31 PM
I make it a point NOT to have my women "live" with me. Too much hassle. "We have sex... you go home now"... :cool:

I have the strangest urge to laugh...followed by slapping you upside the head. :D

Pale Rider
07-07-2007, 06:35 PM
I have the strangest urge to laugh...followed by slapping you upside the head. :D

Sorry... confirmed bachelor here. I like it that way. I relish my privacy. What's wrong with that?

Kathianne
07-07-2007, 06:37 PM

LOL! I've done the same. I relate.

nevadamedic
07-07-2007, 06:40 PM
LOL! I've done the same. I relate.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

shattered
07-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Sorry... confirmed bachelor here. I like it that way. I relish my privacy. What's wrong with that?

Nothing, I suppose..but it sounds so...caveman-ish.

Pale Rider
07-07-2007, 07:01 PM

To enjoy my privacy, and want to be single... :dunno:

You've been married too long... :poke:

glockmail
07-07-2007, 08:08 PM

1. Are you supposed to be able to keep it refrigerated for several days or weeks?
2. I've booght the Henie gravity mini-kegs about this size before. Those are not under pressure, and just drain out the bottom. The beer was great, perfest head, but it goes flat after about 2 hours so you only buy one for a party.
3. Never had a problem with massive head. :laugh2:

Yurt
07-07-2007, 08:16 PM

cavemen were bachelors?

glockmail
07-07-2007, 08:18 PM

That's about the worst, sexist remark I've heard in a while. :slap:

Pale Rider
07-07-2007, 08:24 PM
1. Are you supposed to be able to keep it refrigerated for several days or weeks?
2. I've booght the Henie gravity mini-kegs about this size before. Those are not under pressure, and just drain out the bottom. The beer was great, perfest head, but it goes flat after about 2 hours so you only buy one for a party.
3. Never had a problem with massive head. :laugh2:

This is under pressure, and the beer in it is a couple days old, but still fine. It's empty now... :alcoholic: - - :laugh:

glockmail
07-07-2007, 08:39 PM
This is under pressure, and the beer in it is a couple days old, but still fine. It's empty now... :alcoholic: - - :laugh: Prolly should have let it sit undisturbed in the fridge for a while to keep from foaming too much. :dunno:

Pale Rider
07-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Prolly should have let it sit undisturbed in the fridge for a while to keep from foaming too much. :dunno:

I did. It's just got too much pressure. It was doing better right before it got empty.

nevadamedic
07-07-2007, 09:36 PM
This is what you shouldget Pale. It holds a big keg of beer and keeps it refridgerated, and it id supposed to last a long time.

The description..............

This unit stores a half-barrel keg, so your favorite beer is always on tap. For more variety, you can also store quarter-barrel kegs and mini kegs. Don't want a keg of beer? You can turn this beer dispenser into a beverage center with a wire shelf, included, providing storage for bottles and cans of the refreshments that you love. This beer dispenser comes with a complete American Sankey Tap System, CO2 tank and cleaning kit. This black unit with chrome beer tower and guardrail is sleek and stylish with casters .

Holds half-barrel, quarter barrel and mini-kegs
Uses American U.S. Sankey System
Convertible to beverage center, includes shelf
Chrome Beer Tower and Guardrail
Casters for Easy Portability

Abbey Marie
07-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Well, there's your problem- putting Heineken in a Bud glass. Worlds like that should never collide. :beer:

nevadamedic
07-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Well, there's your problem- putting Heineken in a Bud glass. Worlds like that should never collide. :beer:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Pale Rider
07-08-2007, 09:39 AM

Either that, or it was foaming up too much because I like to live alone... :uhoh:

Pale Rider
07-08-2007, 11:49 AM
And by the way, the Heineken commercial where the black guy says, "can I have it like that?" And the black girl answers him, "you got it like that." I think that is quite possibly the stupidest commercial I've ever heard. I may never buy Heineken again.

nevadamedic
07-08-2007, 01:36 PM
And by the way, the Heineken commercial where the black guy says, "can I have it like that?" And the black girl answers him, "you got it like that." I think that is quite possibly the stupidest commercial I've ever heard. I may never buy Heineken again.

No shit. that commercial kills me. Makes me thank god for the DVR so I can fast forward through the commericals. I never watch anything live anymore, I just record everything so I don't have to watch the commercials.

Oh yea, and ive never had a Heineken beer. I don't really like beer, if I do drink beer it is a Corona with a lime. Coors light taste's like piss water, Busweiser isn't that good either.

dan
07-08-2007, 04:51 PM
My friend got one, Pale, he had the same complaints as you, but mainly bought it for display.

Oh yea, and ive never had a Heineken beer. I don't really like beer, if I do drink beer it is a Corona with a lime. Coors light taste's like piss water, Busweiser isn't that good either.

Heineken definitely has a stronger taste than any of those, in my opinion. I'm no conneseur or anything, but I like it. But, for the record, I think Corona tastes like piss water.

nevadamedic
07-08-2007, 04:57 PM
My friend got one, Pale, he had the same complaints as you, but mainly bought it for display.

Heineken definitely has a stronger taste than any of those, in my opinion. I'm no conneseur or anything, but I like it. But, for the record, I think Corona tastes like piss water.

I can't drink alcohol because of the pain medication im on, I haven't been able to have a beer in three years.

The ClayTaurus
07-08-2007, 05:15 PM
And by the way, the Heineken commercial where the black guy says, "can I have it like that?" And the black girl answers him, "you got it like that." I think that is quite possibly the stupidest commercial I've ever heard. I may never buy Heineken again.(It's a white girl answering him):cheers2:

nevadamedic
07-08-2007, 05:21 PM
(It's a white girl answering him):cheers2:

It is?

The ClayTaurus
07-08-2007, 09:37 PM
It is?Aye.

nevadamedic
07-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Aye.

Wierd, guess I never really paid attention to that commercial then. Ive only seen it once or twice. Like I said before, I record everything before I watch it that way I can fast forward through the commercials.

glockmail
07-09-2007, 07:51 AM
I can't drink alcohol because of the pain medication im on, I haven't been able to have a beer in three years. Broke something?