PDA

View Full Version : Working for a Liberal

NightTrain
09-04-2015, 09:52 AM
Hey Jim, remember back in '02 when my email address was @conocophillips.com and you, me and Creek were screwing around raising hell on that first crappy board?

At 1:45 in this video is the building I was working from in downtown Anchorage at the time. That was a pretty sweet gig for me as an apprentice... it was a lot better than most other apprentices had it as they were shoveling in a ditch somewhere burying cable.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4459632776001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

Probably why I threw myself into the board hammering the liberals is because my Journeyman that I was assigned to was rabidly liberal. I mean he was hardcore liberal, one smarmy remark from him was enough to make my hands twitch as I longed to throttle him on the spot... and he had lots of snarky 'Blame America' remarks. It would have been disastrous to challenge him because he had the power to make or break me in my new career, so venting my frustrations at other liberals was the prudent thing to do. He was extremely knowledgeable in the telecom field, though, so it wasn't a waste of time and I benefited greatly under his tutelage... it was just his politics that I loathed.

I looked at it like I would have at Boot Camp - just do everything the nice Drill Instructor tells you to do and keep your fool mouth shut.

tailfins
09-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Some of my best bosses were liberal. At Harvard, they overdid it a bit, but that's OK. Except for my team lead I was deliberately isolated. My team lead wasn't a liberal, but rather a full-blown Marxist. There was this guy named Larry who has more severe Aspergers than I did. He was a coding genius, but bit the head off anyone that dared approach him unannounced, irrespective of the offender's position on the organizational chart. That team lead was rather helpful and knew what he was doing. He insisted I read and memorize all the diversity policies. He also knew my thinking and opinions. His way of explaining diversity policies was: "You don't have to like it; you just have to do it." It worked. My job a Harvard was enjoyable, fulfilling, productive and even paid well. It's a shame the government grant for my project ran out.

DLT
09-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Hey Jim, remember back in '02 when my email address was @conocophillips.com and you, me and Creek were screwing around raising hell on that first crappy board?

At 1:45 in this video is the building I was working from in downtown Anchorage at the time. That was a pretty sweet gig for me as an apprentice... it was a lot better than most other apprentices had it as they were shoveling in a ditch somewhere burying cable.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4459632776001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

Probably why I threw myself into the board hammering the liberals is because my Journeyman that I was assigned to was rabidly liberal. I mean he was hardcore liberal, one smarmy remark from him was enough to make my hands twitch as I longed to throttle him on the spot... and he had lots of snarky 'Blame America' remarks. It would have been disastrous to challenge him because he had the power to make or break me in my new career, so venting my frustrations at other liberals was the prudent thing to do. He was extremely knowledgeable in the telecom field, though, so it wasn't a waste of time and I benefited greatly under his tutelage... it was just his politics that I loathed.

I looked at it like I would have at Boot Camp - just do everything the nice Drill Instructor tells you to do and keep your fool mouth shut.

Yeah....been there, done that. You have to seethe in silence and long for the day (and it always comes....hehe)...that you can tell your liberal boss to STFU and shove it....AFTER you've gotten their recommendation in writing. So you get the last laugh... finally....after all the BS you had to put up with while gritting your teeth and biting your tongue. Great fun.