PDA

View Full Version : Enchiladas, grilled tacos, salsa

Yurt
07-07-2007, 06:49 PM
After the beach today, the wife and I made enchiladas, grilled tacos, and salsa.

Enchiladas:

guerrero tacos, briefly heated/softened with corn oil
tillamook mexican blend cheese
olives
chicken:
cut into bbq size pieces so they don't fall through, but cutting makes the marinade and flavor take less time
local bbq rub, ancho chili powder, soy sauce (marinate for 1/2) grill on bbq, then dice up (makes like shredded chicken IMO and easier)

top with La Victoria enchilada sauce, sprinkle cheese/olives across middle

Salsa:

5 roma tomatoes
5 jalapeņo peppers
1 1/2 garlic clove
salt/pepper to taste

roast tomatoes, peppers
when done with peppers, put in plastic bag for 10 minutes, then peel skin off under sink. My trick, I cut head off, cut in half, then de-seed de-skin under cold water(your own heat level on how many to de-seed) me 3 1/2 peppers.

note: i use a cast iron to start the roasting process, then finish over my gas oven/grill. I immediately put the tomatoes with blackened skin in ice water, else they taste cooked. Then I peel the skin and put in processor.

Put all in food processor, blend away to your likening. Me, about 45 -55 sec.

Grilled tacos:

Had to make one today to make sure good for little get together tomorrow and they are a go.

guerrero tacos
tillamook mexican blend cheese
red/white onions

then put on low heat over grill/bbq until taco is firm, slightly blackened but still yields, cheese should be just melted

homemade salsa above
chicken (same as above cause I had for enchiladas), use whatever meat/vegies, but grilled of course for the smoke flavor to go with the taco.
fresh cut cilantro
slice of avocado
homemade salsa