PDA

View Full Version : Police cars' 'In God We Trust' decals draw complaints

jimnyc
09-06-2015, 01:36 PM
You know what, we already know that they will be removed, that's the world we live in today. No way in hell "I" would remove them, but in today's PC world they will cave. But it's still hilarious to watch the whiners get up in arms over and over and over. Once the drama is said and done, and removed like I predict, they should wait a few weeks and then move them to the ambulances for that area. And then when said and done, off to the fire department.

"We appreciate you guys being out there to protect our lives and serve us, but you can't have that word on your car, it offends me". <---- Seriously, losers?

What if an officer wore a 2"x2" pin on his uniform, with a cross, or Jesus.. on his UNIFORM. Would nitwits complain about that too?

------

DALLAS (AP) — A police department in a Texas Bible Belt community has placed large "In God We Trust" decals on its patrol vehicles in response to recent violence against law enforcement officers, drawing criticism from a watchdog group that says the decals amount to an illegal government endorsement of religion.

The decision by police this month to unveil the phrase in Childress, an agricultural community of some 6,100 people at the southern edge of the Texas Panhandle, follows a similar move by dozens of other police agencies elsewhere in the country.

Police Chief Adrian Garcia said he decided to add the decals in response to recent attacks on law enforcement personnel that have received broad attention, including the Aug. 28 killing of a sheriff's deputy who was shot 15 times at a Houston-area gas station.

"I think with all the assaults happening on officers across the country ... it's time we get back to where we once were," Garcia told the Red River Sun newspaper. He did not respond to an Associated Press request for comment.

The Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund notes that eight officers have been shot and killed in the U.S. in the last month — and four died in the span of 10 days — but shooting deaths of officers from January through September of this year were actually down 13 percent compared to the same period last year.

Other law enforcement agencies have cited different reasons for adding the phrase to their vehicles. Mark Nichols, the sheriff of Randolph County, Missouri, said he had it added to his department's fleet in July out of a sense of patriotism.

"It's our nation's motto and we want to be patriotic toward our country," Nichols said.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-cars-god-trust-decals-draw-complaints-144756053.html

Jeff
09-06-2015, 01:42 PM
You know what, we already know that they will be removed, that's the world we live in today. No way in hell "I" would remove them, but in today's PC world they will cave. But it's still hilarious to watch the whiners get up in arms over and over and over. Once the drama is said and done, and removed like I predict, they should wait a few weeks and then move them to the ambulances for that area. And then when said and done, off to the fire department.

"We appreciate you guys being out there to protect our lives and serve us, but you can't have that word on your car, it offends me". <---- Seriously, losers?

What if an officer wore a 2"x2" pin on his uniform, with a cross, or Jesus.. on his UNIFORM. Would nitwits complain about that too?

------

DALLAS (AP) — A police department in a Texas Bible Belt community has placed large "In God We Trust" decals on its patrol vehicles in response to recent violence against law enforcement officers, drawing criticism from a watchdog group that says the decals amount to an illegal government endorsement of religion.

The decision by police this month to unveil the phrase in Childress, an agricultural community of some 6,100 people at the southern edge of the Texas Panhandle, follows a similar move by dozens of other police agencies elsewhere in the country.

Police Chief Adrian Garcia said he decided to add the decals in response to recent attacks on law enforcement personnel that have received broad attention, including the Aug. 28 killing of a sheriff's deputy who was shot 15 times at a Houston-area gas station.

"I think with all the assaults happening on officers across the country ... it's time we get back to where we once were," Garcia told the Red River Sun newspaper. He did not respond to an Associated Press request for comment.

The Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund notes that eight officers have been shot and killed in the U.S. in the last month — and four died in the span of 10 days — but shooting deaths of officers from January through September of this year were actually down 13 percent compared to the same period last year.

Other law enforcement agencies have cited different reasons for adding the phrase to their vehicles. Mark Nichols, the sheriff of Randolph County, Missouri, said he had it added to his department's fleet in July out of a sense of patriotism.

"It's our nation's motto and we want to be patriotic toward our country," Nichols said.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-cars-god-trust-decals-draw-complaints-144756053.html

Well hell yes they would, they are liberal fools. They have to complain about something, what cracks me up is the so called atheist that don't want to hear the word Christmas or so In God We Trust, well hell why not, you don't believe in it anyway, so why the hell does it bother you.

NightTrain
09-06-2015, 01:46 PM
I hope they win the legal challenges... but I expect they'll be forced to remove it after beaten in court.

fj1200
09-07-2015, 04:25 PM
And if an officer wanted to wear a pin speaking to his Zoroastrian beliefs?

darin
09-08-2015, 04:56 AM

As long as the wording of his/her beliefs were ALSO minted onto our currency I'd be fine with it.

fj1200
09-08-2015, 08:18 AM
As long as the wording of his/her beliefs were ALSO minted onto our currency I'd be fine with it.

That's a questionable standard.

Gunny
09-08-2015, 08:21 AM
If you don't like God, don't read the sticker. Last I checked you were supposed to be paying attention to the road and the other morons reading texts and bumper sticker.

Noir
09-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Whoever put this on the cars in the first place knew exactly what they were doing, but they wasted the (i assume public) money to do so none the less =/

I know you know this is a poor argument.

Gunny
09-08-2015, 08:35 AM
Whoever put this on the cars in the first place knew exactly what they were doing, but they wasted the (i assume public) money to do so none the less =/

We taking bets? I got money on darin over you 8 days a week.

The stickers were not bought with police money. They were donated by people who ain't asking you for squat. SO you might want to start over.

Noir
09-08-2015, 08:49 AM
We taking bets? I got money on darin over you 8 days a week.

The stickers were not bought with police money. They were donated by people who ain't asking you for squat. SO you might want to start over.

Well atlas public money hasn't been wasted, silvers linings...

darin
09-08-2015, 09:53 AM
That's a questionable standard.

Courts - the supreme court - allows the phrase on govt property. (shrug)

Truth Detector
09-08-2015, 09:58 AM

.......no one would give a shit any more than if he wore a Star of David pin.

Truth Detector
09-08-2015, 10:01 AM

Yep; a whole $50 bucks of his own money was wasted. Meanwhile, anti-Christian leftist storm troopers cheer when the Obama administration pusses away $500 billion on failed dolor and green energy initiatives.

You leftists have very strange priorities. Liberals have to be the dumbest most naive fools on the planet.

Noir
09-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Yep; a whole $50 bucks of his own money was wasted. Meanwhile, anti-Christian leftist storm troopers cheer when the Obama administration pusses away $500 billion on failed dolor and green energy initiatives.

You leftists have very strange priorities. Liberals have to be the dumbest most naive fools on the planet.

Or maybe money was wasted on both...

Truth Detector
09-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Or maybe money was wasted on both...

Yep, in Liberal loony land, spending $50 bucks of a cops own money is equivalent to a $500 billion Government fiasco to further a false leftist agenda. :rolleyes:

Noir
09-08-2015, 10:29 AM
Yep, in Liberal loony land, spending $50 bucks of a cops own money is equivalent to a $500 billion Government fiasco to further a false leftist agenda. :rolleyes:

Can you quote for me where anyone has said the two are equivalent?

Truth Detector
09-08-2015, 10:34 AM

I'm not here to lead Liberals to the OBVIOUS. You're going to have to do that yourself.

Noir
09-08-2015, 10:49 AM

I'm not here to lead Liberals to the OBVIOUS. You're going to have to do that yourself.

So that's a no.
Good day.

Gunny
09-08-2015, 11:22 AM
So that's a no.
Good day.

Don't read the bumper sticker. Or did you miss that part where it's your fault?

I wear a rebel flag t--shirt because I don't give a f*ck what you think and I'm allowed to express myself. But you think it's okay fags run all over downtown San Diego in g-strings? Because they can and we can and we can't?

Try practicing what you preach.

Truth Detector
09-08-2015, 11:52 AM
So that's a no.
Good day.

Wrong again; I just don't like wallowing in the never ending circle ofstupidity with dishonest liberals.
So here you go……ONE time so as to educate you on how tocomprehend the OBVIOUS:

Well atlas public money hasn't beenwasted, silvers linings...<o:p></o>

Yep; a whole $50 bucks ofhis own money was wasted. Meanwhile, anti-Christian leftist storm trooperscheer when the Obama administration pusses away $500 billion on failed dolorand green energy initiatives.

You leftists have very strange priorities. Liberals have to be the dumbest mostnaive fools on the planet.

Or maybe money was wasted onboth...

Yep, in Liberal loony land,spending $50 bucks of a cops own money is equivalent to a $500 billionGovernment fiasco to further a false leftist agenda.
<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/></v:shapetype><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_1" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.png" style='width:12pt; height:12pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\ clip_image001.png" o:title="rolleyes"/></v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png<!--[endif]-->

Can you quote for me where anyone hassaid the two are equivalent?
Yes; it was when you said:

Or maybe money was wasted onboth...
Like I said; I hate walking Liberals back to the OBVIOUSwhen they are being deliberately dishonest.
I won’t walk you through this again.

Noir
09-08-2015, 12:01 PM

Yes; it was when you said:"Or maybe money was wasted on both..."

So at no point did i say they were equivalent, ace.

Truth Detector
09-08-2015, 12:03 PM
So at no point did i say they were equivalent,ace.<o:p></o:p>

I am amused when dishonest leftist thread trolls argue that one must SAYsomething rather than infer it. Be gone already. <o:p></o:p>

Or maybe money was wasted onboth...<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Noir
09-08-2015, 12:12 PM
<o:p></o>

I am amused when dishonest leftist thread trolls argue that one must SAYsomething rather than infer it. Be gone already. <o:p></o>

You're arguing with what you think you want me to have said, rather than what i have actually said and then (for your own benefit) clarified. That is not how you have a constructive conversation.

fj1200
09-08-2015, 12:34 PM
Courts - the supreme court - allows the phrase on govt property. (shrug)

Because it's on our money?

Gunny
09-08-2015, 01:03 PM
Because it's on our money?

Even when they're reading crap into law that doesn't exist?

fj1200
09-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Even when they're reading crap into law that doesn't exist?

I honestly don't know.

Gunny
09-08-2015, 01:13 PM
So I'll point this out and you can probably come up with a halfway decent answer. How many pieces of legislation do we need to quantify laws we already have? What's this dumbass repetition O'Reilly's ranting about? Some girl's name law. So whywaste time on the legislation if you aren't going to enforce it?

They aren't even charging this asshat with 1st degree murder. Sorry, you pull out a gun and shoot someone for no reason, I'm hammering your ass. I'm putting you on death row, matter of fact.

SO what goos just another law if no one can enforce it? Waste of paper in MY book.

fj1200
09-08-2015, 03:37 PM
They aren't even charging this asshat with 1st degree murder.

We aren't talking about decals on cop cars any more are we?

Gunny
09-08-2015, 04:38 PM
We aren't talking about decals on cop cars any more are we?

Same difference ... if I don't want fags on my TV what do I get told? Turn it off. SO don't look at people's bumper stickers. Two way street.

fj1200
09-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Same difference ... if I don't want fags on my TV what do I get told? Turn it off. SO don't look at people's bumper stickers. Two way street.

The issue being that it's the government's bumper.

Jeff
09-08-2015, 05:10 PM

Way I see it, is the issue is the liberals that want to have everything there way, seriously what difference does it make to anyone what the sticker says. if it offends you than don't read it.

Hmm isn't that what the Libs tell us about abortion and homo sex ( 2 just for example ) :dunno:

Abbey Marie
09-08-2015, 07:54 PM
I'd love to know who these people do trust.

Black Diamond
09-08-2015, 07:59 PM
I'd love to know who these people trust.

Obama...

Jeff
09-09-2015, 12:47 AM
Obama...

If that wasn't so true it would of been funny as hell, well hell it's still funny !!!! :laugh:

Gunny
09-09-2015, 05:25 AM

Who cares? You mean some people are getting fed up and are taking a stand against the tyranny of the progressive left? Good.

A person with a functioning brain would be more worried about the ticket book they carry.

And where does it end? I got a big ass scarlet and gold sticker across my back window that says "UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS". That must have offended every little pussy in the world who either couldn't make it, or don't have the balls to try? And I'm NOT talking about people that just have other things to do, I'm talking about the wimps. That would be those people hiding in Mommy's basement telling others what to think while having no original thought of their own.

I bet if those were gay-ass rainbow flags on the cop cars the MSM would be applauding them. You can't have "In God We Trust" but you can light the Whitehouse, the symbol of what once was the most powerful office in the world until 08 like a box of fruity pebbles.

darin
09-09-2015, 06:41 AM
Its not the government's bumper - it's the PEOPLE'S bumper. A logical argument for the stickers comes from a court case on the SAME WORDS on our currency.

"...It is quite obvious that the national motto...'In God We Trust' has nothing whatsoever to do with the establishment of religion. Its use is of patriotic or ceremonial character and bears no true resemblance to a governmental sponsorship of a religious exercise. "

So for you trying to find a reason to bash Faith, you are theophobic twits.

fj1200
09-09-2015, 09:32 AM
Way I see it, is the issue is the liberals that want to have everything there way, seriously what difference does it make to anyone what the sticker says. if it offends you than don't read it.

Who cares?

Shouldn't the police be seen as fair and impartial? I don't see the logical reason to be seen as promoting something that would distract from their mission.

Its not the government's bumper - it's the PEOPLE'S bumper. A logical argument for the stickers comes from a court case on the SAME WORDS on our currency.

But those are words on a universal symbol. Not the same as post-applied stickers on the PEOPLE'S Bumper. It seems that most other posters here are on the side of the sticker because it promotes religious exercise.

Jeff
09-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Shouldn't the police be seen as fair and impartial? I don't see the logical reason to be seen as promoting something that would distract from their mission.

But those are words on a universal symbol. Not the same as post-applied stickers on the PEOPLE'S Bumper. It seems that most other posters here are on the side of the sticker because it promotes religious exercise.

If they have to do everything the liberals want how is that fair and impartial ??? And how is a sticker on the back of their cars going to effect them at all ???

darin
09-09-2015, 09:43 AM
But those are words on a universal symbol. Not the same as post-applied stickers on the PEOPLE'S Bumper.

"...It is quite obvious that the national motto...'In God We Trust' has nothing whatsoever to do with the establishment of religion. Its use is of patriotic or ceremonial character and bears no true resemblance to a governmental sponsorship of a religious exercise. "

(shrug)

It seems that most other posters here are on the side of the sticker because it promotes religious exercise.

And some people are on the side of Cops because Cops have wicked-cool cars and lights and shit. WHY folks support a phrase doesn't change the legal read on its use.

fj1200
09-09-2015, 10:24 AM
If they have to do everything the liberals want how is that fair and impartial ??? And how is a sticker on the back of their cars going to effect them at all ???

If the liberals wanted a Zoroastrian symbol it wouldn't be fair and impartial and would be opposed.

(shrug)

And some people are on the side of Cops because Cops have wicked-cool cars and lights and shit. WHY folks support a phrase doesn't change the legal read on its use.

Repeating bad logic doesn't make it good logic.

fj1200
09-09-2015, 01:40 PM
(shrug)

In a complex and fragmented decision, the majority held that the County of Allegheny violated the Establishment Clause (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Establishment_Clause_of_the_First_Amendment) by displaying a crèche in the county courthouse, because the "principle or primary effect" of the display was to advance religion within the meaning of Lemon v. Kurtzman (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemon_v._Kurtzman), when viewed in its overall context. Moreover, in contrast to Lynch v. Donnelly (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynch_v._Donnelly), nothing in the crèche’s setting detracted from that message.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_of_Allegheny_v._American_Civil_Liberties_Un ion

darin
09-09-2015, 02:09 PM
If the liberals wanted a Zoroastrian symbol it wouldn't be fair and impartial and would be opposed.

Apples to oranges. If the Zoroastrian symbol was part of our official NATIONAL MOTTO, sure.

Repeating bad logic doesn't make it good logic.

And you keep ignoring precident. They cops didn't write "Jesus Saves". The repeated OUR NATIONAL MOTTO, which, as the courts rule, is NOT tantamount to endorsement of religion.

fj1200
09-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Apples to oranges. If the Zoroastrian symbol was part of our official NATIONAL MOTTO, sure.

And you keep ignoring precident. They cops didn't write "Jesus Saves". The repeated OUR NATIONAL MOTTO, which, as the courts rule, is NOT tantamount to endorsement of religion.

They are apples and oranges, Arrow is a question of national motto whereas in Allegheny was a question of advancing religion. What do you think the issue is with the bumper stickers? My guess is stickers are not of a national motto.

And I'm not ignoring precedent, I'm correctly applying it and isn't that the most important part of precedent? :poke:

I should add though that I hope the cops win. :)

red state
09-09-2015, 09:48 PM
We are a Christian Nation.....started out that way and will hopefully end that way.

Our founders set up a system that tolerated other beliefs but, AS A CHRISTIAN NATION, they set up a system that did not endorse any particular CHRISTIAN denomination......but they understood and supported CHRISTIANITY as our NATION's Foundation.

As for the separation of church and state.....the libs have that as flat-out-wrong as they do "Freedom FROM Religion". The separation plan of our founders were to keep the gov. out of our churches, not keep GOD, whom we swear allegiance to out of our gov.

Forgive a repeat but I read or skimmed over the comments made and failed to see the foundation to this argument. Doubly so, the cars should stay as is due to our CHRISTIAN founding & due to that being our OFFICIAL, voted on, motto.

BOTTOM LINE...

Gunny
09-10-2015, 05:18 AM

I think they should reflect whatever the Hell they want to. Isn't THAT the true definition of being "liberal"? What I think they ought to NOR reflact is the politically correct, progressive left.

Here's a novel ideal" Clean your own f-ing house before telling me how to clean mine. The progressive left is a smokescreen and it's a simple strategy. Attack to hide you own failures. Complicating the matter are ball-less people like Boehner and McConnel qho won't stand up and call "bullshit".

darin
09-10-2015, 05:24 AM
They are apples and oranges, Arrow is a question of national motto whereas in Allegheny was a question of advancing religion. What do you think the issue is with the bumper stickers? My guess is stickers are not of a national motto.

And I'm not ignoring precedent, I'm correctly applying it and isn't that the most important part of precedent? :poke:

I should add though that I hope the cops win. :)

You are incorrectly applying precident. The point is - it's The National Motto. The Motto. Display thereof and inclusion thereof on government "property" is NOT tantamount to establishment or promotion of a religion.

Gunny
09-10-2015, 05:32 AM
(shrug)

It doesn't matter what someone's bumper sticker says. Who cares? I think I've made it clear what I think of cops. But going around killing them? Committing murder in the name of some bullshit?

Show me anyone who was a slave and anyone that owned one. THEN I'll tell that f*cker to pay up.

fj1200
09-10-2015, 07:34 AM
You are incorrectly applying precident.

:cagematch: Allegheny v. Arrow

Gunny
09-10-2015, 08:54 AM
:cagematch: Allegheny v. Arrow

You mean as in Green Arrow? Oliver from the DC comic books from the 60s? The only person that even came close to kicking his ass was Green Lantern, until Hal Jordan realized what he was doing. Oliver was the avenger of the oppressed while Hal was the perfect puppet of the government.

They're just a metaphor as us as a society.

DLT
09-10-2015, 01:27 PM

------

It's just another plank of the commie left (DemocRat) agenda....to remove all sources of protection that people have relied on OTHER than the federal government. Can't have people looking to police OR to God for help now, can we?

Only Big Brutha (aka Barack Hussein Obama) can protect you. No seriously...that's what they want us to believe.

Absurd, eh?