PDA

View Full Version : Damn Ctrl key

jimnyc
09-06-2015, 01:44 PM
I knew it did this, but still drives me nuts, as I always forget which key, and then have to do a search to find out it was the Ctrl key. Anyway, if you hold this key down, and then use your wheel mouse, you can change the font size of the browser text you are reading. I made mine much larger by accident. Had to do a search to find out how to correct it. But here's the funny thing...

I am often leaning forward in my chair when I can't read the screen. Sometimes I want to lean back in my chair and read, but my eyes are dying.

So why not just leave it with the larger font? Or why didn't I increase the font purposely when I had issues in the past?

Go ahead, you can say what I'm thinking - because I'm a frickin idiot!! :laugh:

NightTrain
09-06-2015, 01:48 PM
You crusty old bastard!

I'm going to mail you a 12" magnifying glass that you can tape to your screen. :smoke:

Jeff
09-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Jim next time call me, I have this program that I could of fixed your computer from mine. :laugh::laugh:

Seriously, get a brother that knows about computers, than you can call him. :laugh::laugh:

jimnyc
09-06-2015, 01:58 PM
I know that everyone who reads this thread will be fucking around with their fonts now. :salute:

tailfins
09-06-2015, 02:53 PM
One of my early frustrations with Ctrl is that the keydown method using the Ctrl key wreaks havoc, even after the code has completed. Imagine how unpopular a software application would become if it sends a keydown, but never a keyup on the Ctrl.

Jeff
09-06-2015, 03:15 PM
I know that everyone who reads this thread will be fucking around with their fonts now. :salute:

Not me :laugh: I may be a idiot but I am not a complete moron, hell I know if I mess up, well then I will have to cal you, and hell it would be your fault for posting this :laugh: Hmmm just might have tio give it a shot LOL

SassyLady
09-08-2015, 03:04 AM
I just go to Chrome settings and use the zoom settings. I hate it when I accidentally do the CTRL button for anything.

hjmick
09-08-2015, 05:27 PM
GOD forbid you should get glasses...