PDA

View Full Version : Does Joshua teach us to accept help irrespective of the source?

tailfins
09-06-2015, 02:32 PM
2:1And Joshua the son of Nun sent out of Shittim two men to spy secretly, saying, Go view the land, even Jericho. And they went, and came into an harlot's house, named Rahab, and lodged there.

6:17And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the Lord: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent.

Not only was Rahab a harlot, but she was likely a pagan, as was much of the city of Jericho. However, God led them to dwell in the house of Rahab.

Comments?

fj1200
09-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Not only was Rahab a harlot, but she was likely a pagan, as was much of the city of Jericho. However, God led them to dwell in the house of Rahab.

Comments?

If it is truly help I would think so. But do we take into consideration the motives of those who provide that help? I don't know Rahab's motivations.

fj1200
09-28-2015, 08:16 AM
Comments?

Reminds me of a Star Trek: Voyager episode where a homicidal crew member helped to retake the ship from the Kazon. He killed with glee which assisted the larger goals.