PDA

View Full Version : City says it has reached $6.4M wrongful death settlement with family of Freddie Gray

Jeff
09-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Wow, how in the hell do they come up with a figure like this before the cops have even been tried ?? The last I heard was Mosby had held back evidence, it was looking good for the cops, but then they come with a figure like this. Heck the Family is going to get the check and say Freedie who ?

Mosby ought to have to pay the family and for all the damage to the city.

BALTIMORE – The family of Freddie Gray, who died after being critically injured in police custody, reached a tentative $6.4 million wrongful death settlement with the city of Baltimore, resolving civil claims about a week after the first hearing in the criminal case against six police officers, officials said Tuesday.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4467610670001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/08/city-says-it-has-reached-64m-wrongful-death-settlement-with-family-freddie-gray/

Russ
09-08-2015, 07:29 PM
Wow, how in the hell do they come up with a figure like this before the cops have even been tried ?? The last I heard was Mosby had held back evidence, it was looking good for the cops, but then they come with a figure like this. Heck the Family is going to get the check and say Freedie who ?

The whole thing is a disgrace.

So seeing this story, every minority in Baltimore now knows how to get millions of dollars in Baltimore, at taxpayer expense:

1. Commit a crime. If you get away with it, repeat. Eventually, get arrested
2. Injure yourself while in custody. Note - if you accidentally injure yourself too much, your next of kin can proceed with this list.
3. Alert the media, blaming the city police
4. If riots destroy parts of the city because of your case, ignore the destruction and keep blaming the police.
5. Wait for the city to offer you millions of dollars.
6. Use the millions to move out of Baltimore, since it is now messed up because of steps 1-5.

Black Diamond
09-08-2015, 07:30 PM
The whole thing is a disgrace.

So seeing this story, every minority in Baltimore now knows how to get millions of dollars in Baltimore, at taxpayer expense:

1. Commit a crime. If you get away with it, repeat. Eventually, get arrested
2. Injure yourself while in custody. Note - if you accidentally injure yourself too much, your next of kin can proceed with this list.
3. Alert the media, blaming the city police
4. If riots destroy parts of the city because of your case, ignore the destruction and keep blaming the police.
5. Wait for the city to offer you millions of dollars.
6. Use the millions to move out of Baltimore, since it is now messed up because of steps 1-5.
Again, we need a tough guy to reverse this shit.

Perianne
09-09-2015, 08:09 PM
Freddie Gray's (soon to be rich) mammy, Gloria Darden:

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article10209930.ece/binary/original/Gloria%20Darden.jpg

[Freddie] Gray was exposed to the perils of substance abuse and disability at an early age. His mother, Gloria Darden, was addicted to heroin when Gray was a child. Darden is also reportedly disabled, although it is unclear what kind of disability she has endured. Darden revealed in a court deposition that she also could not read.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/news/2015/04/who_was_freddie_gray_a_closer_look_at_the_young_br other_behind_the_movement.html

LongTermGuy
09-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Again, we need a tough guy to reverse this shit.

Roger that.............Blacks should be happy to be in America.....and the way things worked out in the end...Black president...black run cities...free stuff...its a good thing for them right?

*The "kill whitey and their women and babies" "Black Panthers" should really shut up and appreciate their EBT cards paid mostly by the majority White Men and white working Women....without white people who would take care of the black people..?

More proof?
Look at Africa now....still a tribal mentality...corruption,,,Ignorance and violence...still on first base...no matter how much money thrown at Africa....

** Moral of the story..There are good and bad in all races ....But...some races need to start thinking for themselves and get off the Democrat (Liberal) run Plantation..of indoctrination and deceit...stop blaming others and start looking at personal responsibility..Wanna be an American....just call yourself an American and start being equal with all other Americans....Drop the entailment mind-set "African American" thing...Pull up your pants...cut your hair...remove the earplugs pumping in Rap music and find a job and join the rest of us working AMERICANS....

Perianne
09-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Roger that.............Blacks should be happy to be in America.....

They are not. Actually no one is happy they are here.

Black Diamond
09-09-2015, 08:20 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article10209930.ece/binary/original/Gloria%20Darden.jpg

http://www.theroot.com/articles/news/2015/04/who_was_freddie_gray_a_closer_look_at_the_young_br other_behind_the_movement.html

Looks like an upstanding citizen. I am sure her son was as well. :laugh:

LongTermGuy
09-09-2015, 08:23 PM

And think about "who" will be making her rich....and "where" the money is coming from....
Almost seems some folks breed to succeed ....just sayin...I could be wrong...

The Cancer of "PC" Liberalism makes things like this happen....its always about other peoples money to support others....The "other people" seem to always be supporting "Others"...

Perianne
09-09-2015, 08:27 PM
And think about "who" will be making her rich....and "where" the money is coming from....
Almost seems some folks breed to succeed ....just sayin...I could be wrong...

The Cancer of "PC" Liberalism makes things like this happen....its always about other peoples money to support others....The "other people" seem to always be supporting "Others"...

The taxpayers, of course. Strangely, I don't feel sorry for any of them. They choose to live in Baltimore and vote for Democrats. Let them lay in the filth they voted for.

LongTermGuy
09-09-2015, 08:28 PM

*They would rather be here than in Africa chasing Bambi with a spear to get dinner.......I am from someplace else also......I would rather be here where I am Happy....I feel many are Happy they are here....in fact many are dying just to get here...when I say `here` I mean America and the `Western` world...

Perianne
09-09-2015, 08:29 PM
*They would rather be here than in Africa chasing Bambi with a spear to get dinner.......I am from someplace else also......I would rather be here where I am Happy....I feel many are Happy they are here....in fact many are dying just to get here...when I say `here` I mean America and the `Western` world...

You and me both.

LongTermGuy
09-09-2015, 08:32 PM
The taxpayers, of course. Strangely, I don't feel sorry for any of them. They choose to live in Baltimore and vote for Democrats. Let them lay in the filth they voted for.

Of course tax payers...The majority of the White tax payers are forced to pay...for Ignorance and stupidity...

FOR NOW.....

Black Diamond
09-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Of course tax payers...The majority of the White tax payers are forced to pay...for Ignorance and stupidity...

FOR NOW.....

Actually they may have been smart to settle with the family. Better to pay $6 million now then to be forced to pay $60 million later.
Rodney King got $54 million 20 years ago.

DLT
09-09-2015, 09:14 PM

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4467610670001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/08/city-says-it-has-reached-64m-wrongful-death-settlement-with-family-freddie-gray/

It's part of that reparations BS, blackmail and Black Liberation Theology that posits that whiteys need to be the slaves for a while. Boy are they in for a rather unpleasant surprise.

Perianne
09-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Actually they may have been smart to settle with the family. Better to pay $6 million now then to be forced to pay $60 million later.
Rodney King got $54 million 20 years ago.

For example, the city paid $175,000 in mid-April to the estate of a man who was shot and killed by police. Michael Omar Wudtee, a 38-year-old Randallstown man, died in 2012 after being shot by police. His estate had sought $10 million in his death.

The state caps the amount of money that people injured by police can collect in civil lawsuits, but government officials can negotiate higher payments. In April, Gov. Larry Hogan signed legislation that increases the amount plaintiffs can generally receive, from $200,000 to $400,000. That's the first time the state cap was increased in nearly 30 years.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bs-md-ci-boe-20150908-story.html

Perianne
09-09-2015, 10:25 PM

By that statement I meant the angry, rioting ones. Many black people are good people. I have had black patients who I loved.

Voted4Reagan
09-10-2015, 06:27 AM
Since when are CIVIL Liabilities settled before the outcome of any criminal proceeding? If the City has settled the case (in a few months time) how will it be possible for the officers accused to get a fair trial?

This reeks of dirty politics and a disregard for due process...

If I were the Judge hearing the case I would throw it out of court and declare a mistrial... The Jury pool was just poisoned.

The City moved too fast here... they have declared the officers guilty... before they were found criminally liable.

Justice isnt blind.... it's dead. At least in Baltimore.

Jeff
09-10-2015, 07:28 AM
Since when are CIVIL Liabilities settled before the outcome of any criminal proceeding? If the City has settled the case (in a few months time) how will it be possible for the officers accused to get a fair trial?

This reeks of dirty politics and a disregard for due process...

If I were the Judge hearing the case I would throw it out of court and declare a mistrial... The Jury pool was just poisoned.

The City moved too fast here... they have declared the officers guilty... before they were found criminally liable.

Justice isnt blind.... it's dead. At least in Baltimore.

That is just ridicules, you are 100% correct, no way can the cops get a fair trial, not that they where going to anyway, but they where looking to move it out of Baltimore, now everyone has heard how the city admitted guilt ( yes by paying out and add Mosby to the equation and yes they have admitted guilt ) it's a real shame what these people are doing , but it is equally as bad is that our politicians are scared to put a end to it, and when you look at those that are running well you have 2 Dems apologizing for saying all lives matter, and another setting up a meeting with Black lives matter. The only ones standing up to these thugs is Trump and Palin who at this time isn't running.

Russ
09-10-2015, 10:53 AM
I have to wonder now who would ever want to become a police officer anymore. You essentially have to risk your life everyday to keep order for the unappreciative and resentful masses. You are a potential shooting target from crazy liberals and bitter minorities, while just sitting in your police car. Anytime you have a confrontation with a minority you can expect people nearby to take videos of you with their iPhones, edit the video later to make you look bad, and then post it to YouTube. Most media outlets will run with the videos and imply that you hate minorities and ought to be fired and go to jail. And your own DA and mayor will most likely betray you, in their own personal, selfish interests.

The city of Baltimore is getting a taste of what it means to betray the police, by the way, with soaring violent crime rates. The result of the police now having to second-guess every instinct they have to confront crime.