PDA

View Full Version : Prayers

glockmail
07-07-2007, 08:36 PM
1. For my boy and his two buddies, on their trip to Oregon. The three are only 15, and have to get their gears, bags, get a shuttle, and to a hotel late tonight. Then they have to shuttle back to the airport to get picked up by the camp shuttle. Next Saturday, return trip, private limo (van) to the airport, check in, change planes in Vegas.

2. For my friend Reba, who lost a breast to cancer. It looks like they got it all, but the reconstructive surgery failed.

3. For my friend David and his two daughters, who's wife off'd herself last week.

4. For sis#1, who had her hip replaced for the second time, now in 6 month recovery stranded at home and can't work. I hope her hubby gets off his ass and at least cleans the house.

5. For sis#2, who's hubby had a breakdown a while back, and turned from a CEO to some guy who sits on the couch all day and can't even cut the grass. I hope they can sell their house soon and not take too much of a loss.

Dilloduck
07-07-2007, 08:40 PM
1. For my boy and his two buddies, on their trip to Oregon. The three are only 15, and have to get their gears, bags, get a shuttle, and to a hotel late tonight. Then they have to shuttle back to the airport to get picked up by the camp shuttle. Next Saturday, return trip, private limo (van) to the airport, check in, change planes in Vegas.

2. For my friend Reba, who lost a breast to cancer. It looks like they got it all, but the reconstructive surgery failed.

3. For my friend David and his two daughters, who's wife off'd herself last week.

4. For sis#1, who had her hip replaced for the second time, now in 6 month recovery stranded at home and can't work. I hope her hubby gets off his ass and at least cleans the house.

5. For sis#2, who's hubby had a breakdown a while back, and turned from a CEO to some guy who sits on the couch all day and can't even cut the grass. I hope they can sell their house soon and not take too much of a loss.

Noted.

Abbey Marie
07-07-2007, 10:54 PM
You got it.

nevadamedic
07-08-2007, 01:09 AM

Sorry about everything your going though, this kinda thing sucks. If you need anything let me know.

stephanie
07-08-2007, 02:06 AM
will do..

Kathianne
07-08-2007, 12:11 PM
They are noted and included.

glockmail
07-08-2007, 12:38 PM
I should have added:

6, for my brother in law, who's got some odd form of MD, and no longer has enough strength in his hands to work a keyboard.

glockmail
07-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Update on the boy: he called me this morning at 1:30 am eastern time to let me know they made it to the hotel with all their baggage. Next leg is back to the airport to meet the camp shuttle later on today. These are three good boys on the Eagle Scout track: all 15 years old, one's an Eagle, another's just completed his project, and mine's still working on his proposal. But this is still a big damn deal and for them.

OCA
07-08-2007, 01:19 PM

Lit a candle today Glock.

CockySOB
07-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Keeping them and you in my prayers.

82Marine89
07-08-2007, 01:55 PM

Prayers sent.

glockmail
07-15-2007, 07:59 AM
The power of prayer.
1. The boy and his friends made it home last night. The airline lost their luggage at their transfer in Lostwages, NV. But they’re all happy and healthy!
2. Reba’s feeling good enough to spend a couple weeks at her condo at the lake, get her boat out of winter storage, stop by and see us, have a martini or two.
3. David’s getting along. Laughed at a joke last week.
4. No progress for sis#1.
5. I talked with hubby for sis#2. He’s applied for a part time job, and is thinking about taking up running again. That’s huge.
6. No progress on the brother-in-law. We’re getting him one of those digital picture frames and in the process of loading it up for him. Wife and daughter are going up to see him in two weeks.