nevadamedic
07-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Story Highlights

Report: U.S. aimed to capture senior al-Qaeda members in tribal areas
Officials decided it was too risky and could jeopardize relations with nation
Target was meeting thought to have included Osama bin Laden's top deputy
Some officials said U.S. missed chance to possibly nab senior Al Qaeda

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/07/07/pakistan.mission.reut/index.html

Who cares if it's to risky. We do black ops like this all the time. If we take this guy down we could do some serious damage to AQ. This guy knows everything that AQ is doing and would be a good informant. Then I say we kill him. :salute:

I was actually surprised that they didn't find him in Iran. I bet thats where Osama Bin Laden and his high ranking goat fucking members of AQ. :salute:

Gaffer
07-08-2007, 07:50 AM
I have said for years that bin laden is hiding in iran. But it won't be proven until we go into iran and dig him out.

JohnDoe
07-08-2007, 08:06 AM
But Why?

Why would Bin Laden and Alqaeda be in Iran?

Bin Laden and Al Qaeda are primarily Sunni, and Iran is primarily Shiia? The Shiia in Iran would not help AlQaeda imo, AlQaeda is sort of their enemy, I think?

Unless of course, Bin Laden is hiding in the dessert (or isolation) somewhere in Iran with no official HELP from Iran? Thought being that we would never think of him being in Iran among his enemies, thus.... what a better place to hide, than there?

07-08-2007, 10:44 AM
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. they found someone they hate more than each other. us.

nevadamedic
07-08-2007, 02:24 PM
But Why?

Bin Laden and Al Qaeda are primarily Sunni, and Iran is primarily Shiia? The Shiia in Iran would not help AlQaeda imo, AlQaeda is sort of their enemy, I think?

Unless of course, Bin Laden is hiding in the dessert (or isolation) somewhere in Iran with no official HELP from Iran? Thought being that we would never think of him being in Iran among his enemies, thus.... what a better place to hide, than there?

Because we don't really have diplomatic ties to Iran. That's why all the 419 scams are moving there because we cant get to them. If we go into Iran to get Bin Laden it would be considered an act of war.

nevadamedic
07-08-2007, 02:25 PM
But Why?

Iran was getting weapons to AQ. Anyone who opposes the United States is Irans friend.

Kathianne
07-08-2007, 02:28 PM
But Why?

Based on your logic, why would Iran give succor to bin Laden's son? http://www.gulfnews.com/region/Iran/10137796.html

JohnDoe
07-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Based on your logic, why would Iran give succor to bin Laden's son? http://www.gulfnews.com/region/Iran/10137796.html

Based on my logic AND your article, they are NOT giving succor to bin laden's son, they are ''holding him'' in captivity with 6 others from what it said Kathianne?

The officials said the creation of some kind of Al Qaida hub in Iran appears to be separate from the group of seven senior Al Qaida figures, including Sa'ad Bin Laden, son of the group's figurehead, that Iran is said to have detained since 2002.

nevadamedic
07-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Based on my logic AND your article, they are NOT giving succor to bin laden's son, they are ''holding him'' in captivity with 6 others from what it said Kathianne?

They are saying that's what they are doing, but more then likley they are harboring him. If they told the US that they were harboring him we would go in and get him out or start a war with Iran since President Bush said that he would go after any country that helps these terrorists. So you see Iran has a lot to lose, so of course they are going to lie.