PDA

View Full Version : NFL is here, see you in February!

jimnyc
09-10-2015, 06:23 PM
And my beloved Steelers kickoff the season by going to Foxboro and playing the hated Patriots, who likely have a chip on their shoulders now. No way I lay any money down on this game, but no way I would ever bet against the Steelers either. Hopefully Big Ben and Antonio Brown are strong, and Williams plays solid in the backfield, and the defense can find a way to stop allowing so many damn points. We absolutely sucked on D in the preseason, but that was the preseason. Anyway, here we go, another season!

http://i.imgur.com/NrxaUTe.jpg

hjmick
09-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Who to root for...

The Cheaters or the team that hired the dog killer...

Is The Bachelor on tonight?

jimnyc
09-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Who to root for...

But at least he's not the starter, and hopefully we'll never have to see him out there. I hate that they took him, but I wouldn't want Big Ben to get hurt anyway. I'm sure the players more or less accept him, but doubt any of them lobbied for him either.

Root against the individual, and the dummy who made the poor decision, not the other 52 of my favorite team when they play though!! Especially against the Patriots.

Black Diamond
09-10-2015, 06:37 PM
It's going to be absolute mayhem in foxborough.

jimnyc
09-10-2015, 06:46 PM
It's going to be absolute mayhem in foxborough.

Yep, Brady has a chip on his shoulder - all of the fans have one too, they feel like the Patriots and Brady are unfairly targeted. They are dangerous when angry, Belichick likes to run up the score if he can. And now on national TV, no doubt they'll be riled up. Hopefully the Steelers can somehow frazzle them early and get a lead and hold it. I have high hopes for our offense this year, but we need a few more parts to make the defense work. I'm afraid Brady will showcase the weaknesses tonight.

Noir
09-10-2015, 07:02 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/216C82DD-90FE-4017-8C65-0035BEC271B0_zpsjehzxovn.jpg (http://s80.photobucket.com/user/jonathan-mcc/media/216C82DD-90FE-4017-8C65-0035BEC271B0_zpsjehzxovn.jpg.html)

Tho, more importantly, first local ice hockey game of the season tomorrow 0:

LongTermGuy
09-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Who to root for...

Everything is even now and in the past...clear our minds and move forward...and lets see how this game goes and enjoy it...no matter who wins...

Abbey Marie
09-11-2015, 12:42 AM
And only the Steelers coaches had interference in their headsets during the game.
Unbelievable. Belichek is the Hillary Clinton of the NFL.

SassyLady
09-11-2015, 01:07 AM
My daughter will be very grumpy this week.

Asked her to lunch today and she shows up in Steelers gear .... hat, sweatshirt, ear rings ... you name it, she has it. Her dog's name is Steeler (and it's a toy schnauzer). :laugh::laugh:

Here is what she had to say about tonight....

Well that sucked! Not surprising though.....surprised the Judge wasn't there in a VIP booth, but not surprised the cheaters win again.

Jeff
09-11-2015, 05:53 AM
Looks like it was a good game according to the score anyway, I feel a sleep and didn't see anything but if the score is and indactaion, it was a good game.

<thead>

T

</thead><tbody id="yui_3_10_0_1_1441968740799_1024">
https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/IdbvDP.xzAURALF56F5H7A--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO3E9OTU-/http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/nfl/teams/1/50x50c/pit.gif (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/pit/;_ylt=AwrBTzpjsvJV.08A3JdXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG 5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--)Pittsburgh (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/pit/;_ylt=AwrBTzpjsvJV.08A3ZdXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG 5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--)
0-1-0, 4th AFC North

Final

https://s.yimg.com/lq/i/us/sp/v/nfl/teams/1/50x50c/nwe.gif (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nwe/;_ylt=AwrBTzpjsvJV.08A3pdXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG 5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--)New England (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nwe/;_ylt=AwrBTzpjsvJV.08A35dXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG 5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--)
1-0-0, 1st AFC East

</tbody>

Gunny
09-11-2015, 06:42 AM
And my beloved Steelers kickoff the season by going to Foxboro and playing the hated Patriots, who likely have a chip on their shoulders now. No way I lay any money down on this game, but no way I would ever bet against the Steelers either. Hopefully Big Ben and Antonio Brown are strong, and Williams plays solid in the backfield, and the defense can find a way to stop allowing so many damn points. We absolutely sucked on D in the preseason, but that was the preseason. Anyway, here we go, another season!

Based on last night's performance, you won't be seeing shit in Feb.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jeff
09-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Based on last night's performance, you won't be seeing shit in Feb.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You trying to say the Squellers are heading to the toilet bowl this year. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

CSM
09-11-2015, 08:49 AM
And only the Steelers coaches had interference in their headsets during the game.

Ummm...not true...both teams had problems with headsets and coach to coach comms. But hey, it must be true because it's all over the internet...

Also, the headset comms are provided by the NFL and not the Patriots. Maybe the NFL wanted to make it look like the Pats cheated....of course, the NFL would never try to do THAT just because they couldn't prove the Patriots cheated in "deflategate"... http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/09/11/steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-says-headset-issue-common-at-gillette-stadium/

Read the whole thing ....

Perianne
09-11-2015, 09:30 AM

Don't ya'll worry. You can all watch the Cowboys in the Superbowl. :)

Bilgerat
09-11-2015, 09:32 AM

Do you need us to call the ....

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7656&stc=1

:dance: :laugh2: :dance:

Bilgerat
09-11-2015, 09:33 AM
Don't ya'll worry. You can all watch the Cowboys in the Superbowl. :)

Will they be the ones selling beer & stuff (lol)

Gunny
09-11-2015, 09:58 AM
You trying to say the Squellers are heading to the toilet bowl this year. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Did you just call MY team Squealers? And mispelled it? The one thing everyone said about the Steelers from 1931 on is -- and they were perennial losers until the 70s -- they don't care about the scoreboard, they'll just beat your ass up.

Jack Lambert was my hero. Larry Csonka was next because some genius tried to make me a fullback one year. I'm a bull in a china shop. I ain't running around you.

But, the biggest reason I no longer watch football is the pussies have turned it into a pussy game and this deflategate crap is a perfect example. Measuring the PSI in a ball? Hell, I couldn't even play football now and it ain't cuz of my age. I'd have more personal fouls against me nowadays in 2 minutes. When we played, I'd hit you with everything I had. I'd nail your helmet with a forearm so fast you'd have thought I beat the snap.

The fact, these guys nowadays are wimps. Line me, Chuck Bednarik and Jack Lambert up. Send you home in a basket. And screw all these protect the QB rules. That's protecting an investment. He's another player on the field to me.

I've been a Steelers fan since 68 for ONE reason. They show up to play. I never lined up to lose. Neither did any of the people I have respect for. Jack, Bob Lilly, Chuck Howley (can't tell I was a LB, can you?:laugh:)

jimnyc
09-11-2015, 11:22 AM
Steelers lost fair and square. :( And exactly as I said, they would score, but wouldn't be able to stop the pass. The D backs are too young. Brady was too good last night.

But the good news is that the offense looked good, even with 3 key players being out. Le'veon Bell is out, but De'angelo Williams covered for him and ran for 120+ yards. Antonia Brown picked up where he left off and caught 9 for 130+ yards, and Big Ben was 26 of 38 for 351 yards.

They did themselves in early with a stupid call for a trick play, and 2 missed field goals, while letting Brady get scores on consecutive drives. It was all catch up from there.

And I don't hold the Patriots accountable for the headphones issues. The Steelers say that the Patriots should have been forced to have theirs turned off too. The NFL is investigating but it is their fault, not the Patriots. Either way, the few minutes it was off, I don't think it mattered. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000525883/article/league-reacts-to-steelerspatriots-headset-controversy

I think what mattered more was the shift the Patriots pulled on the 1yard line when the Steelers were 1st and goal, which caused a penalty and dropped them back. Genius play or illegal play? No call was made. The Steelers settled for yet another field goal instead. Still wouldn't have been enough to have won though.

With any luck the Steelers will get better and get another shot at these bastards down the road.

Abbey Marie
09-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Ummm...not true...both teams had problems with headsets and coach to coach comms. But hey, it must be true because it's all over the internet...

Also, the headset comms are provided by the NFL and not the Patriots. Maybe the NFL wanted to make it look like the Pats cheated....of course, the NFL would never try to do THAT just because they couldn't prove the Patriots cheated in "deflategate"... http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/09/11/steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-says-headset-issue-common-at-gillette-stadium/

Read the whole thing ....

I've been watching ESPN this morning, and this is what they are all saying:
1. Only the Steelers had comm problems during the game
2. The NFL provides the comm equipment, but the team installs and maintains that equipment in their stadium.
3. The interference was in the 1st quarter. The Steelers came back strong later in the game when the comm was working.

What I find most disturbing, is how with scandal after scandal, Pats fans are fine with turning a blind eye to the cheating.

Where there is smoke upon smoke upon smoke upon smoke, there IS fire.

CSM
09-11-2015, 11:29 AM
I've been watching ESPN this morning, and this is what they are all saying:
1. Only the Steelers had comm problems during the game
2. The NFL provides the comm equipment, but the team installs and maintains that equipment in their stadium.
3. The interference was in the 1st quarter. The Steelers came back strong later in the game when the comm was working.

What I find most disturbing, is how with scandal after scandal, Pats fans are fine with turning a blind eye to the cheating.

Where there is smoke upon smoke upon smoke upon smoke, there IS fire.

Well, I guess we will have to agree to disagree. The only smoke people are seeing is the smoke the haters are trying to blow up everyone's ass.

Abbey Marie
09-11-2015, 11:31 AM
Well, I guess we will have to agree to disagree. The only smoke people are seeing is the smoke the haters are trying to blow up everyone's ass.

You ok with the stolen signals, CSM? Or was that made up too?

jimnyc
09-11-2015, 11:41 AM
Everything I have found points to only the Steelers having the issue, and that's why Mike Tomlin is so mad, because he feels they should have forced the Patriots to turn theirs off for that duration too. I agree. But I also agree it was the NFL in charge of the headsets. I also don't think it would have changed the score.

Noir
09-11-2015, 11:49 AM
Some of the memes going about twitter are quality, personal fave -

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/FE475768-1E7E-48C7-BEF7-3FB8B6669517_zpsiwf9zukd.jpg (http://s80.photobucket.com/user/jonathan-mcc/media/FE475768-1E7E-48C7-BEF7-3FB8B6669517_zpsiwf9zukd.jpg.html)

Abbey Marie
09-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Everything I have found points to only the Steelers having the issue, and that's why Mike Tomlin is so mad, because he feels they should have forced the Patriots to turn theirs off for that duration too. I agree. But I also agree it was the NFL in charge of the headsets. I also don't think it would have changed the score.

Providing the equipment: NFL

Installing and maintaining the equipment ("in charge of"): The team

Given that, the potential is certainly there for cheating once again.

Here's my formula:
Pats not cheating + return of Bell = Steelers win

Russ
09-11-2015, 12:12 PM
Whether the interference affected both teams' headsets or just the Steelers doesn't matter that much. More important is when the interference occurred. Did it happen on a key 3rd down for the Steelers? If so, then it smells like cheating, whether if affected the Pats headsets at the same time or not.
And all it would take, on the Pats part, is jamming equipment that would send out a stronger signal than the NFL equipment, on all frequencies. And what signal would I send out, if I were cheating? I suppose I'd send out my own team's radiocast of the game.

DLT
09-11-2015, 12:16 PM

You and my ex....I swear...if it wasn't for football, he'd be dead by now. He lives for football season!

jimnyc
09-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Providing the equipment: NFL

Installing and maintaining the equipment ("in charge of"): The team

Given that, the potential is certainly there for cheating once again.

Here's my formula:
Pats not cheating + return of Bell = Steelers win

I would also like to find out how it was getting interference from the "Patriots broadcast system". To me, that sounds like an interference issue, and you would think that would affect both teams. But I had no idea the team was in charge of maintaining things. I'm not saying that they did something to create interference, but if they are in charge, the possibility is there. And if there's any one team that has a history... now we find out that "spygate" had them stealing playbooks, and knowing the first 20 plays that teams were going to start with. The report states that they had this for a championship game against the Steelers back in the day that they won 24-17. Goodell apparently had all of these tapes and such destroyed. Nevermind deflategate, it sounds like they got off light back in the spygate days.

I also believe that if Bell was playing, as well as their #2WR Martavis Bryant, that would give them a HUGE edge. While Williams got a lot of yards running, Bell does the same AND catches out of the backfield, which means the D has to have someone assigned to him. Also, our all pro center is out for the majority of the year. Bell and Bryan EARNED their suspensions though, so no excuses here. Dumbasses.

jimnyc
09-11-2015, 12:25 PM
Whether the interference affected both teams' headsets or just the Steelers doesn't matter that much. More important is when the interference occurred. Did it happen on a key 3rd down for the Steelers? If so, then it smells like cheating, whether if affected the Pats headsets at the same time or not.
And all it would take, on the Pats part, is jamming equipment that would send out a stronger signal than the NFL equipment, on all frequencies. And what signal would I send out, if I were cheating? I suppose I'd send out my own team's radiocast of the game.

Apparently the NFL is investigating to see specifically how it all happened. New Orleans was busted but I think there's was for listening in? I don't recall for sure. But I don't know what would make them think they could fade out anyone's headphones entirely and get away with it. That's the only reason I think it's just a screwup. If they were again charged with cheating AND it was found to be true? Yikes.

jimnyc
09-11-2015, 12:27 PM
You and my ex....I swear...if it wasn't for football, he'd be dead by now. He lives for football season!

Yeah, Thursday night, saturday afternoons, all day sunday and sunday night and then of course monday night football. I added saturday afternoon, as if there's nothing on my schedule, I'm also watching the good college games!! Thursday is for only so many games. But college also tosses in some wed,thur & Fri night games.

jimnyc
09-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Apparently the Patriots had issues with their headphones as well. While this article highlights Tomlin's anger, it also states that the Patriots had the same issues.

------

FOXBORO (CBS) — Apparently, one day can’t pass in 2015 without the New England Patriots being embroiled in controversy.

The latest issue cropped up Thursday night, in the NFL’s season opening game, when the TV broadcast reported that Pittsburgh’s headsets were picking up the Patriots’ radio broadcast of the game instead of the team’s communications.

Imagine having Scott Zolak in your ear while trying to call a play?

After the game, which the Patriots won 28-21, Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin seemed especially perturbed over the issue.

“That’s always the case,” Tomlin said.

A follow-up question came, asking Tomlin if he meant specifically in Gillette Stadium.

“Yes.”

When asked for more, Tomlin replied, “I said what I said. We were listening to the Patriots radio broadcasts for the majority of the first half on our [coach-to-coach] headsets.”

More cheating from the Patriots? Well, no.

NFL spokesman Michael Signora issued the following statement after the game:

“In the first quarter of [Thursday] night’s game, the Pittsburgh coaches experienced interference in their headsets caused by a stadium power infrastructure issue, which was exacerbated by the inclement weather. The coaches’ communications equipment, including the headsets, is provided by the NFL for both clubs’ use on game day. Once the power issue was addressed, the equipment functioned properly with no additional issues.”

Plus after the game, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick complained equally about the headsets, agreeing with Tomlin that the issue happens all the time.

“It did,” Belichick said, when asked if the communication issues affected the Patriots. “We had a lot of problems. We had to switch headphones a couple of times. The communication system was not very good. We deal with that it seems like weekly. They told us that they were on the verge of shutting it off, but I guess they got it working. … Tom [Brady] almost had to switch helmets near the end, we couldn’t get the plays into him.”

Belichick reiterated: “It was a problem all night.”

Belichick was asked if he ever got the answer for what the problem was.

“Well, no. We never get that answer,” Belichick said. “They just try to fix it, and they tell you that it’s up or it’s down or whatever. That’s not really my very strong area, technology.”

Though facts have never gotten in the way of a good controversy down at 1 Patriot Place before, don’t expect “HeadsetGate” to have legs.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/09/11/more-controversy-mike-tomlin-angry-with-headset-issues-in-new-england/

DLT
09-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Yeah, Thursday night, saturday afternoons, all day sunday and sunday night and then of course monday night football. I added saturday afternoon, as if there's nothing on my schedule, I'm also watching the good college games!! Thursday is for only so many games. But college also tosses in some wed,thur & Fri night games.

How do you guys ever survive off-season? Honestly, I detest football now. I just can't help myself...lol. I remember only too well having to clean and vacuum around the rapt-attentioned-husband who couldn't peel himself away from the tv long enough to help do anything. Such is life...heh.

jimnyc
09-11-2015, 04:48 PM
How do you guys ever survive off-season? Honestly, I detest football now. I just can't help myself...lol. I remember only too well having to clean and vacuum around the rapt-attentioned-husband who couldn't peel himself away from the tv long enough to help do anything. Such is life...heh.

I try my best to get by with hockey, baseball, basketball, boxing and now all of the mma fights! I'm a sportsaholic, there's always something on.

I'm happy to help, even when sports are on - but the woman is dreaming if it's a Steelers game. :gs:Or if they are down by like 28 points, then I go elsewhere and act like it didn't happen. :)

hjmick
09-11-2015, 05:03 PM
"Clean?"

"Vacuum?"

What are these things of which you speak?

Russ
09-11-2015, 05:45 PM
A conversation between Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick in the year 2000:

Kraft (walking into Belichick’s office): “Wow, what’s with all the new signed pictures on the wall? Here’s one… Lance Armstrong.”
Belichik: “Yeah, he won the Tour de France a bunch of times.”
Kraft: “Didn’t he cheat, though?”
Belichik: “He just did what he had to do to win a bunch of times. The losers all whined that he cheated.”
Kraft: “Well, who’s this one? It says ‘Rosie Ruiz’.”
Belichik: “Yeah, she won the Boston Marathon.”
Kraft: "Whatever. So what's the plan for this year, Bill? We've still never won a Super Bowl."
Belichick: "I've got a new plan this year. Screw the stinkin' rulebook! I'm gonna videotape the other teams’ plays, steal their playbooks, and bug the visiting team’s locker rooms and hotel rooms. Anything to help us win games and get to the Super Bowl. And if I have to, I’ll shoot anyone who gets in the way, except my dear old Mom.”
Kraft: “What?! Are you kidding?”
Belichick: “I’m kidding, of course… I’d shoot Mom too, if the old biddy got in the way of a Super Bowl win.”
Kraft: “That sounds like a lot of cheating. We’d be severely punished by the NFL.”
Belichick: “Only if we lose. Cheaters that lose are vilified, but cheaters that win are “savvy”, “smart”, and “well-coached”. And people that complain about cheaters that win are “whiners”, and “just jealous”.
Kraft: “Will Bledsoe go along with this?”
Belichik: “If he doesn’t, I’ve got a new kid ready to be quarterback that will go along with any scheme I come up with. He’s even come up with a scheme of his own, where he gets someone to deflate his balls right before game time.”
Kraft: “Hmmm, are we still talking about football?”

Abbey Marie
09-11-2015, 06:02 PM
A conversation between Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick in the year 2000:

Kraft (walking into Belichick’s office): “Wow, what’s with all the new signed pictures on the wall? Here’s one… Lance Armstrong.”
Belichik: “Yeah, he won the Tour de France a bunch of times.”
Kraft: “Didn’t he cheat, though?”
Belichik: “He just did what he had to do to win a bunch of times. The losers all whined that he cheated.”
Kraft: “Well, who’s this one? It says ‘Rosie Ruiz’.”
Belichik: “Yeah, she won the Boston Marathon.”
Kraft: "Whatever. So what's the plan for this year, Bill? We've still never won a Super Bowl."
Belichick: "I've got a new plan this year. Screw the stinkin' rulebook! I'm gonna videotape the other teams’ plays, steal their playbooks, and bug the visiting team’s locker rooms and hotel rooms. Anything to help us win games and get to the Super Bowl. And if I have to, I’ll shoot anyone who gets in the way, except my dear old Mom.”
Kraft: “What?! Are you kidding?”
Belichick: “I’m kidding, of course… I’d shoot Mom too, if the old biddy got in the way of a Super Bowl win.”
Kraft: “That sounds like a lot of cheating. We’d be severely punished by the NFL.”
Belichick: “Only if we lose. Cheaters that lose are vilified, but cheaters that win are “savvy”, “smart”, and “well-coached”. And people that complain about cheaters that win are “whiners”, and “just jealous”.
Kraft: “Will Bledsoe go along with this?”
Belichik: “If he doesn’t, I’ve got a new kid ready to be quarterback that will go along with any scheme I come up with. He’s even come up with a scheme of his own, where he gets someone to deflate his balls right before game time.”
Kraft: “Hmmm, are we still talking about football?”

Lol!! "Just kidding; I'd shoot Mom too..."

:laugh:

jimnyc
09-12-2015, 06:58 AM
I didn't think much of this anyway. I thought the play calling should have been a penalty, at least one play. But this doesn't surprise me.

------

NFL says Patriots had nothing to do with headset malfunctions

The NFL quickly and decisively squashed a New England Patriots controversy before it got too big, saying the team had nothing to do with malfunctioning headsets in Thursday night's game.

A lot of time, money and energy would have been saved had the league done something similar last January. But I digress.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-says-patriots-had-nothing-to-do-with-headset-malfunctions-224715820.html

Voted4Reagan
09-12-2015, 08:14 AM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/216C82DD-90FE-4017-8C65-0035BEC271B0_zpsjehzxovn.jpg (http://s80.photobucket.com/user/jonathan-mcc/media/216C82DD-90FE-4017-8C65-0035BEC271B0_zpsjehzxovn.jpg.html)

Tho, more importantly, first local ice hockey game of the season tomorrow 0:

Damn Straight.... F-Ing Cheaters....

And Jimmy is rooting for the team that hired a Dog killer....

a Zero/Zero Tie.... perfect for wrecking a season....

I hope they have one...

Gunny
09-12-2015, 08:20 AM
Steelers lost fair and square. :( And exactly as I said, they would score, but wouldn't be able to stop the pass. The D backs are too young. Brady was too good last night.

But the good news is that the offense looked good, even with 3 key players being out. Le'veon Bell is out, but De'angelo Williams covered for him and ran for 120+ yards. Antonia Brown picked up where he left off and caught 9 for 130+ yards, and Big Ben was 26 of 38 for 351 yards.

They did themselves in early with a stupid call for a trick play, and 2 missed field goals, while letting Brady get scores on consecutive drives. It was all catch up from there.

And I don't hold the Patriots accountable for the headphones issues. The Steelers say that the Patriots should have been forced to have theirs turned off too. The NFL is investigating but it is their fault, not the Patriots. Either way, the few minutes it was off, I don't think it mattered. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000525883/article/league-reacts-to-steelerspatriots-headset-controversy

I think what mattered more was the shift the Patriots pulled on the 1yard line when the Steelers were 1st and goal, which caused a penalty and dropped them back. Genius play or illegal play? No call was made. The Steelers settled for yet another field goal instead. Still wouldn't have been enough to have won though.

With any luck the Steelers will get better and get another shot at these bastards down the road.

I don't think code was required that the first person back against Brady was taking it. Pissed him off from the SB until now? I'm surprised the Steelers actually kept up. And not because they're the Steelers but I'm actually surprised Brady didn't come out smoking.

I AM however curious about the headset thing. Tomlin looked pissed and made an accusation. That's not like him.

Jeff
09-13-2015, 06:11 AM
Did you just call MY team Squealers? And mispelled it? The one thing everyone said about the Steelers from 1931 on is -- and they were perennial losers until the 70s -- they don't care about the scoreboard, they'll just beat your ass up.

Jack Lambert was my hero. Larry Csonka was next because some genius tried to make me a fullback one year. I'm a bull in a china shop. I ain't running around you.

But, the biggest reason I no longer watch football is the pussies have turned it into a pussy game and this deflategate crap is a perfect example. Measuring the PSI in a ball? Hell, I couldn't even play football now and it ain't cuz of my age. I'd have more personal fouls against me nowadays in 2 minutes. When we played, I'd hit you with everything I had. I'd nail your helmet with a forearm so fast you'd have thought I beat the snap.

The fact, these guys nowadays are wimps. Line me, Chuck Bednarik and Jack Lambert up. Send you home in a basket. And screw all these protect the QB rules. That's protecting an investment. He's another player on the field to me.

I've been a Steelers fan since 68 for ONE reason. They show up to play. I never lined up to lose. Neither did any of the people I have respect for. Jack, Bob Lilly, Chuck Howley (can't tell I was a LB, can you?:laugh:)

Gunny I have to agree, I love defense, and the guys you mentioned are on the top of my list as well, add Taylor and I would say you had a great mind :thumb:

I played offense and Defense coming up, MLB then onto nose tackle, amd center on offense, yea I know all about the fight in the trenches.

sundaydriver
09-13-2015, 08:24 AM
I stopped watching pro football regularly a long time ago. Just couldn't justify the time for it even though I'm a fan. Friday nites was and still is High School football games which our school district play. Hot dogs, hot cocoa, and a get together after the game. Saturday was for Penn State home & some away games. Sundays were for racing, attending or TV. Monday nites were Fire co. meetings though the game was usually on later. The woman then took my time the rest of the week if I wanted to keep her.

Gunny
09-13-2015, 10:35 AM
I stopped watching pro football regularly a long time ago. Just couldn't justify the time for it even though I'm a fan. Friday nites was and still is High School football games which our school district play. Hot dogs, hot cocoa, and a get together after the game. Saturday was for Penn State home & some away games. Sundays were for racing, attending or TV. Monday nites were Fire co. meetings though the game was usually on later. The woman then took my time the rest of the week if I wanted to keep her.

I quit watching it, and basketball about like I laid off message boards for about 6 years. If I'm going to let something piss me off THAT bad, I need to walk away. Can of goes with another thread, but ....

The NFL and their dumbass refs ruined the game for me. They're all about making money, not playing the game. When I was coming up, all these players had real jobs because the game was just the game. Ernie Ladd quit playing ball and started professional wrestling because he was making 10x the income. People played the game because they were warriors and played the game. Now it's a pansy sport, and the NFL referee show.

Voted4Reagan
09-13-2015, 03:10 PM
FINAL SCORE:

NY JETS - 31

Da Browns - 10

J...E...T...S... JETS JETS JETS!!!

Abbey Marie
09-13-2015, 11:44 PM

We watch together...

Jeff
09-14-2015, 06:43 AM
We watch together...

My wife has learned to enjoy things that I do as well, great way to spend time together and enjoy each other that much more, yup she does my things and in return I tolerate her ( no, J/K :laugh: ) I do things she enjoys, and hell you might even find some of the stuff is actually fun to do.

Gunny
09-14-2015, 06:53 AM
My wife has learned to enjoy things that I do as well, great way to spend time together and enjoy each other that much more, yup she does my things and in return I tolerate her ( no, J/K :laugh: ) I do things she enjoys, and hell you might even find some of the stuff is actually fun to do.

You tolerate her, huh? Okay, I needed a good laugh this morning.:laugh:

Jeff
09-17-2015, 07:49 AM
OK I got the ol satellite and running again ( yup just in time for football :laugh:) Saturday will be college and Sunday will be flipping back and forth between the games and the race, life is good. :laugh:

jimnyc
09-17-2015, 08:44 AM
OK I got the ol satellite and running again ( yup just in time for football :laugh:) Saturday will be college and Sunday will be flipping back and forth between the games and the race, life is good. :laugh:

Now you can watch the Steelers home opener perhaps, against the Niners. :)

Perianne
09-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Now you can watch the Steelers home opener perhaps, against the Niners. :)

Or the Cowboys, America's Team.

jimnyc
09-17-2015, 08:52 AM
Or the Cowboys, America's Team.

Now don't be silly, Ms. Perianne!! :laugh: Got a joke for you...

------

A guy dies and goes straight to hell. His first day the devil comes around and asks, "Well buddy is it hot enough for ya down here?" The guy replies, "Aw, Ahm from Texas. We get hotter days than this in Houston in the springtime." This pisses the devil off so he goes over and turns the thermostat up. Next day it's the same thing: "Is it hot enough for ya now Tex?" And the Texan says, "Aw, we get hotter days than this in Del Rio in the wintertime." Pissed off again, the devil turns up the thermostat some more. So it goes day after day. The devil asks if its hot enough for the Texan, the Texan names another Texas city that's hotter than hell, and the devil turns up the temperature some more.

After a while the fires are really roarin', the smoke is blowin', and the brimstone is boilin'. One Sunday morning the the devil asks again how Tex likes the weather. Tex says, "Aw, the smoke and the fire don't bother me. I used to live over on the east side of Dallas by an oil refinery. And the stink ain't no problem. When the wind blew in from Pasadena, it was a lot worse than down here. So if ya could just get the temperature up a little higher, raise the humidity up to 100%, throw in a hurricane and a storm surge and half a dozen tornados and 57 trillion mosquitos as big as turkey buzzards... why, I thing I could be as comfortable here as I was back home in Dallas. That really pissed the devil off and he went to turn the thermostat up again.

BUT, it was already all the way up, and heat didn't seem to bother Tex anyway. There was only one thing to do: he turned the thermostat ALL THE WAY DOWN! The temperature started fallin' like a stone. By evening it was COLD! So he went to see the Dallas man. The guy was obviously miserable, coated in ice, blue and shiverin', with ice hanging from his ears. This pleased the devil 'cause he's in the torment business. He sneers at the man from Dallas and asks "Well Tex, how do ya like this weather?" Tex is shiverin' so hard he can hardly talk. He says, "Can't really say I care for it much." Then he gives the devil a great big smile and says "But I guess it's worth it." The devil says, "What the hell you mean 'It's worth it'? And why are you so damned happy?" The Dallas man replies, "Well with hell bein' froze over and all, it must mean Tony Romo finally won the Super Bowl!"

Perianne
09-17-2015, 08:55 AM
Now don't be silly, Ms. Perianne!! :laugh: Got a joke for you...

------

A guy dies and goes straight to hell. His first day the devil comes around and asks, "Well buddy is it hot enough for ya down here?" The guy replies, "Aw, Ahm from Texas. We get hotter days than this in Houston in the springtime." This pisses the devil off so he goes over and turns the thermostat up. Next day it's the same thing: "Is it hot enough for ya now Tex?" And the Texan says, "Aw, we get hotter days than this in Del Rio in the wintertime." Pissed off again, the devil turns up the thermostat some more. So it goes day after day. The devil asks if its hot enough for the Texan, the Texan names another Texas city that's hotter than hell, and the devil turns up the temperature some more.

After a while the fires are really roarin', the smoke is blowin', and the brimstone is boilin'. One Sunday morning the the devil asks again how Tex likes the weather. Tex says, "Aw, the smoke and the fire don't bother me. I used to live over on the east side of Dallas by an oil refinery. And the stink ain't no problem. When the wind blew in from Pasadena, it was a lot worse than down here. So if ya could just get the temperature up a little higher, raise the humidity up to 100%, throw in a hurricane and a storm surge and half a dozen tornados and 57 trillion mosquitos as big as turkey buzzards... why, I thing I could be as comfortable here as I was back home in Dallas. That really pissed the devil off and he went to turn the thermostat up again.

BUT, it was already all the way up, and heat didn't seem to bother Tex anyway. There was only one thing to do: he turned the thermostat ALL THE WAY DOWN! The temperature started fallin' like a stone. By evening it was COLD! So he went to see the Dallas man. The guy was obviously miserable, coated in ice, blue and shiverin', with ice hanging from his ears. This pleased the devil 'cause he's in the torment business. He sneers at the man from Dallas and asks "Well Tex, how do ya like this weather?" Tex is shiverin' so hard he can hardly talk. He says, "Can't really say I care for it much." Then he gives the devil a great big smile and says "But I guess it's worth it." The devil says, "What the hell you mean 'It's worth it'? And why are you so damned happy?" The Dallas man replies, "Well with hell bein' froze over and all, it must mean Tony Romo finally won the Super Bowl!"

D'oh!

jimnyc
09-17-2015, 09:02 AM
Tony Romo died.

When he got to Heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Cowboys flag in the window.

"This house is yours for eternity, Tony", said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."

Tony felt special and walked up to his house. On his way to the porch, he noticed another house.

It was a 3-story mansion with a Black and Gold sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Steeler flag, and in every window, a Terrible Towel hung.

Tony looked at God and said, "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but, why does Ben Roethlisberger get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "Tony, that's not Ben's house, it's mine."

Perianne
09-17-2015, 09:03 AM
Tony Romo died.

When he got to Heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Cowboys flag in the window.

"This house is yours for eternity, Tony", said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."

Tony felt special and walked up to his house. On his way to the porch, he noticed another house.

It was a 3-story mansion with a Black and Gold sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Steeler flag, and in every window, a Terrible Towel hung.

Tony looked at God and said, "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but, why does Ben Roethlisberger get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "Tony, that's not Ben's house, it's mine."

Now that is just plain silly. Everyone knows God is a Cowboys fan. :)

jimnyc
09-17-2015, 09:06 AM

Maybe that explains things, he's mad that the Cowboys keep losing, so he gave us Obama and Hillary as revenge? :laugh:

Voted4Reagan
09-17-2015, 09:57 AM

God takes PITY on the ROMO-SEXUALS.....