PDA

View Full Version : Where were you

jimnyc
09-11-2015, 04:56 PM
I was about to post this in the "what are you listening now" thread. I figured it couldn't hurt to share with others in a different forum.

This is an awesome tune - Alan Jackson - Where were you when the world stopped turning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPHnadJ-0hE

hjmick
09-11-2015, 05:05 PM
I was in Camarillo, California.

Getting ready for work with the news on, as is my habit...

Saw the second plane hit during the live coverage of the first plane hitting. Up until that point, it was just a tragic accident...

jimnyc
09-11-2015, 05:07 PM
I've watched many 9/11 tributes once again this year. It's amazing seeing the towers in the background, especially at nighttime, with half of the office lights on and half off. Standing defiantly above all of the other buildings. I remember driving up and down the NJ Turnpike a million times seeing those towers. You notice them much more than when in NYC. But it's still odd to see that skyline without those buildings there.

This picture is not off of the turnpike, this is right off of the shore. Just miss seeing them!!

http://i.imgur.com/Xj1HbXV.jpg

hjmick
09-11-2015, 05:13 PM
Give you an idea about how long it's been since I was last in NYC...

I was still married to my first wife and we stood atop the towers, can't remember which one allowed that... So that must have been around 1985...

DLT
09-11-2015, 05:25 PM
I was about to post this in the "what are you listening now" thread. I figured it couldn't hurt to share with others in a different forum.

This is an awesome tune - Alan Jackson - Where were you when the world stopped turning

I will never forget where I was and what I was doing that morning.

My mother had had a heart attack and ended up in the hospital, so I had to take a leave of absence from my work (the second one in two years) to go help her and to do her job of taking care of my dad who was on oxygen and had to have dialysis 3 times a week.

My mom had just gotten out of the hospital and I was getting ready to drive dad to his dialysis appointment and watching Fox News while getting ready, when I saw the first plane hit. Of course, not knowing what was going on....the thought that 'how couild someone be so stupid and have an accident like that" had barely gone through my head when I watched the 2nd plane hit. At that point, of course, it was obvious. Deliberate attack. I remember talking about it to my parents before leaving the house, but they were preoccupied with their own health problems and didn't really pay attention. By the time I got back home, my mom had watched enough Fox News to understand what was happening and we talked about how scary it was.

What really pisses me off....is the knowledge that if Clinton and Gorelick had not, due to political correctness and leftist BS intentions of protecting the poor widdle muzzies, erected a wall preventing the sharing of intel that would have prevented 9/11. For that alone Clinton, Gorelick and half of the Democratic Party should have been thrown in prison for life. Instead, they went on, as DemocRats always do, with their treason and their life with no consequences.

Something's gotta change.

red state
09-11-2015, 05:53 PM

My mother had had a heart attack and ended up in the hospital, so I had to take a leave of absence from my work (the second one in two years) to go help her and to do her job of taking care of my dad who was on oxygen and had to have dialysis 3 times a week.

My mom had just gotten out of the hospital and I was getting ready to drive dad to his dialysis appointment and watching Fox News while getting ready, when I saw the first plane hit. Of course, not knowing what was going on....the thought that 'how couild someone be so stupid and have an accident like that" had barely gone through my head when I watched the 2nd plane it. At that point, of course, it was obvious. Deliberate attack. I remember talking about it to my parents before leaving the house, but they were preoccupied with their own health problems and didn't really pay attention. By the time I got back home, my mom had watched enough Fox News to understand what was happening and we talked about how scary it was.

What really pisses me off....is the knowledge that if Clinton and Gorelick had not, due to political correctness and leftist BS intentions of protecting the poor widdle muzzies, erected a wall preventing the sharing of intel that would have prevented 9/11. For that alone Clinton, Gorelick and half of the Democratic Party should have been thrown in prison for life. Instead, they went on, as DemocRats always do, with their treason and their life with no consequences.

Fantastic post.....enjoyed the read.

Hope all is well with your parents (I've lost my mom an uncle, my mom-n-law & a few aunts since then). Beautiful morning....TERRIBLE DAY!!!

Will never forgive Clinton for giving OBL a pass (after a semi-failed attack on our Navy & the WTC while he was disgracing OUR White House) and I'll never forget Bush trying to tell me that WE worship the same god as the religion of pieces....proclaiming that iSLUM is a peaceful people while THEY celebrated (both here and in most EVERY iSLUMist nation in the world over THEIR victory).

Today. our current disgrace in OUR White House is rejecting Christians from Europe & oppressive muSLUM countries (while welcoming muSLUMs & those from our Southern borders who make up a HUGE portion of our prison system, burden on our system & account for much of the disease carriers/spreaders.

Drummond
09-11-2015, 09:08 PM
In my case, these events, because of the time difference, were happening during the afternoon.

I was at work, in my office in Pimlico, London, when news filtered through. Some of us went online to try and get information .. and, as almost NEVER happens, some news outlets weren't allowing people to log in to them, presumably because they were crashing due to all the online traffic.

As I recall, I only got full details after I got home that evening, though the basics of what had happened had reached us by then. I think some of us were wondering how serious the world situation was going to get as a result. I remember watching Bush's TV broadcast announcing the first action steps to be taken.

My memory of it, now, is rather hazy, as so much time has passed .. but it was definitely one of those 'you are always going to remember where you were that day' sort of moments ... like Kennedy being assassinated (I was at Edmonton Green, watching it on TV through the shopfront window of a radio/TV store). Or the Challenger disaster (essentially the same, but at the other end of Edmonton) .. or the moment we knew that Margaret Thatcher had been thrown out of her job as PM (a messenger told me, in a lift, as I was arriving to work .. and jubilantly !!).

Then, of course, we had our own '7/7' attack in London, in 2005. I was commuting to London from Essex, when news came through. The train I was on was possibly the last to be allowed to reach the Fenchurch Street terminus (platform 3, I think) before all public transport was suspended. There I was, stuck at Tower Hill, waiting for a means to continue my journey .. because all buses had stopped, taxis ditto, and naturally the London Underground network was closed.

Voted4Reagan
09-12-2015, 06:43 AM
I was there...

Voted4Reagan
09-12-2015, 08:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYiQhktxF-Y

Gunny
09-12-2015, 08:25 AM

I honestly had to turn the tube off and get off the board because I was sick of listening to this junk. FTR, I was sitting in the cab of my truck eating carne guisada tacos on 9-11. I think Pearl Harbor was a bigger disaster. Dumbass ragheads attacked symbols. The Japanese attacked our military capability.

Jeff
09-13-2015, 12:09 PM
I was in Lawerenceville GA, I had just dumped a load of stone and when I walked inside to get my paper work signed all the driver where in the drivers room but not a sound, they where all huddled around the TV, I got there in time to watch the second plane hit, still makes me sick.

My wife was pregnant and had a doctors appointment in Dekab ( which is just outside of Atlanta ) I couldn't get the number dialed fast enough to tell her appointment cancelled !!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-13-2015, 12:43 PM

My mom had just gotten out of the hospital and I was getting ready to drive dad to his dialysis appointment and watching Fox News while getting ready, when I saw the first plane hit. Of course, not knowing what was going on....the thought that 'how couild someone be so stupid and have an accident like that" had barely gone through my head when I watched the 2nd plane hit. At that point, of course, it was obvious. Deliberate attack. I remember talking about it to my parents before leaving the house, but they were preoccupied with their own health problems and didn't really pay attention. By the time I got back home, my mom had watched enough Fox News to understand what was happening and we talked about how scary it was.

:beer: :beer: :clap: :salute:

Nothing has changed, except that they put in their "muslim in hiding" to weaken us further!
Only way they could have done that is an alliance with the globalists to bring this nation down!
That is the dangerous truth so many refuse to face..
As facing it would require action-almost certainly violent action, because its our own government working to do it to us!
Careful , this quote below will get ya called a "conspiracy nut" as it has me for 7 years solid years now!

Instead, they went on, as DemocRats always do, with their treason and their life with no consequences.--Tyr

indago
09-13-2015, 04:16 PM

It did! We got HOPE & CHANGE...

SassyLady
09-14-2015, 04:07 AM
I was asleep and my husband (military) called to tell me a plane crashed into one of the towers. I turned on the news and was watching coverage when the second one hit. Watching the towers come down and screaming OMG. Crying for all the people trapped and being horrified when they started jumping. Being sickened by Katie Couric asking for gory details from witness of Flight 93 crash.

I can remember thinking that my life was going to take a drastic turn because I knew he would be deployed.

Then I sat there getting sicker and sicker as more info came in about the pentagon and Flight 93. Marveled at how fast all remaining aircraft was grounded. Pissed about NORAD failure to act quicker. Cancelling all my client appointments for that day. Calling my daughter to talk about how to contact each other if things got worse. Worrying about attack on west coast.

This is one of those times I'll remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. The same thing with Kennedy, shuttle disaster, OJ verdict, Elvis dying, Secretariat's death.

Gunny
09-14-2015, 07:57 AM
I was asleep and my husband (military) called to tell me a plane crashed into one of the towers. I turned on the news and was watching coverage when the second one hit. Watching the towers come down and screaming OMG. Crying for all the people trapped and being horrified when they started jumping. Being sickened by Katie Couric asking for gory details from witness of Flight 93 crash.

I can remember thinking that my life was going to take a drastic turn because I knew he would be deployed.

Then I sat there getting sicker and sicker as more info came in about the pentagon and Flight 93. Marveled at how fast all remaining aircraft was grounded. Pissed about NORAD failure to act quicker. Cancelling all my client appointments for that day. Calling my daughter to talk about how to contact each other if things got worse. Worrying about attack on west coast.

This is one of those times I'll remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. The same thing with Kennedy, shuttle disaster, OJ verdict, Elvis dying, Secretariat's death.

Interesting take. I was thinking "How'd we let this happen?" Clinton was warned in the early 90s and just let it ride.

gabosaurus
09-14-2015, 10:22 PM
I was asleep. Since it was just before 6 a.m. on the west coast. I was in high school and didn't wake up until 6:30 or so. My parents didn't have the TV on, so I didn't find out until I got to school.
In my government class, someone had been up early and taped most of it. So we watched it on VHS.

tailfins
09-14-2015, 10:29 PM
I was at 1235 Old Alpharetta Rd, Alpharetta, GA just starting my work day.

Abbey Marie
09-22-2015, 08:02 PM
Watching it live on TV. And crying.

Kathianne
09-23-2015, 12:09 AM
I was at school, talking with kids and working on lesson plans. My friend IM'd, asking me to tell her more of what she'd heard on radio in her car. 'They are saying a small plane hit WTC, but the hole is so big! Clear skies...' She didn't have tv, so we put on CNN and were amazed by the hole-huge. Then the 2nd plane hit, I said, "Oh Shit!" One of my students, ;) said, "Bin Laden." Turned off tv, called all the kids lined up to get in building-(the school is only blocks from O'Hare), went and found the principal.

Gunny
09-23-2015, 01:33 AM
I was so bent out of shape (not that anyone here would recognize THAT) my then wife said if I didn't calm down I was going to have a stroke. I was loading up the 2nd Amendment arsenal preparing to wage a one man war.

Jeff
09-23-2015, 07:19 AM
I was so bent out of shape (not that anyone here would recognize THAT) my then wife said if I didn't calm down I was going to have a stroke. I was loading up the 2nd Amendment arsenal preparing to wage a one man war.

Next time ( if there has to be ) count on me, we will have a teo man army at the very least.

CSM
09-23-2015, 07:25 AM
At work, somebody came in and told me a plane hit one of the Towers. Went and watched as the second plane hit. Got my battle gear on and spent the rest of the day working on securing the local regional airport and directing troops. I was mad/sad as hell.

sundaydriver
09-23-2015, 07:49 AM
At work in Belvidere, NJ. We were sent home after the 2nd plane hit, but before we did we went to the roof of our 14 story building and could see the smoke from the towers. One of the saddest sights and feeling we ever had. We would go onto the roof just to look at the smoke for the next 3 days.

jimnyc
09-23-2015, 10:03 AM
Not that I haven't told this before. The shortened version.

Was in the city, but I worked at 58th and 5th Avenue. I had a smoke and went back to the 24th floor. Was reading about it on the internet, which at the time claimed a small cessna hit the tower. Got another coffee and went downstairs with some friends for another smoke, but more so because CBS was a client in our building and had a massive TV in their window outside. We got there in time to see the second plane hit. We all knew it was terrorism or something fucked up going on. There was a crowd of like 1,000 by this point, with mouths wide open. Went with friends back to 24 where there was an emergency meeting. They stated that for emergency reasons we were to remain on the 24th floor until further notice.

Within seconds my friends and I were hitting the elevator bank and getting out of dodge. Most of them had to walk to the west side of Manhattan and wait on ferry rides to NJ. I had my car in a parking garage and my wife met up with me. All crossing closed, so I had to head uptown to a bridge and sneak into the Bronx and then head home. The ride took like 4 hours or so, if I recall correctly. Just slowly listening to non-stop updates on the radio and feeling like we were in shock.