PDA

View Full Version : Minimum Wage Meme

SassyLady
09-14-2015, 05:05 AM
Perhaps this is why MacDonald's is in decline.

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/us/genius-meme-destroys-the-lefts-minimum-wage-narrative-in-epic-fashion

http://thefederalistpapers.integratedmarket.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/ok9.jpg

Noir
09-14-2015, 06:31 AM
How dare these people expect to feed their children.

Jeff
09-14-2015, 06:33 AM
This sheot blows my mind, I ran up and down and all across this country trying to provide the best way I could for my family and these idiots think they should do so by doing a kids job, yea a kids job, or a stay at home Mom/Dad that the kids have entered school and the spouse makes great money, another words a get out of the house and make a little coin job. I started work and minimum wage was $2.65 a hour, hell my first check I thought I was somebody :laugh: but that is what a minimum wage job is for, young folks or folks not needing to provide for a family, there is no reason anyone can't get a job making more money, a garbage collector makes pretty good in communities that have them, and there is no more skills needed for that than flipping a burger, OK maybe strength, but yes there will be jobs out there that anyone can do to provide, may not be as glamour's as flipping burgers :laugh: but it will pay the bills.

tailfins
09-14-2015, 07:37 AM

How could anyone flip burgers for a living without taking anti-depressants?

If you called me mentally retarded, I COULDN'T call you a liar. If a retard like me can do it, why can't these people?

You don't need a job to feed your family. Back in the 2002 dot-bomb crash, I couldn't find a job. I made $1,500 per month buying stuff at garage sales and selling it on Ebay.

jimnyc
09-14-2015, 07:43 AM

No one ever said they can't feed their children. But if folks want more money, then they need to do the work that pays more money. If working at McDonalds doesn't pay enough to feed all of your children, then you demand someone else step in an pay a higher rate? It's NOT the companies responsibility to make sure their employees can feed their children. What if it's a guy with a hot dog stand, and pays a kid to help him on busy days. Is he supposed to pay this kid a high enough rate to feed his children? What if a widowed woman who has 3 kids works at the local pool as a lifeguard, which normally hires HS kids. They pay minimum wage. She can't feed her kids - should the local pool now increase her rate so that she can feed her kids? NO, of course not, it's NOT their job, that's hers. She can get a 2nd job or a higher paying job. Or she is welcome to apply for government or other assistance.

Noir
09-14-2015, 07:50 AM
No one ever said they can't feed their children. But if folks want more money, then they need to do the work that pays more money. If working at McDonalds doesn't pay enough to feed all of your children, then you demand someone else step in an pay a higher rate? It's NOT the companies responsibility to make sure their employees can feed their children. What if it's a guy with a hot dog stand, and pays a kid to help him on busy days. Is he supposed to pay this kid a high enough rate to feed his children? What if a widowed woman who has 3 kids works at the local pool as a lifeguard, which normally hires HS kids. They pay minimum wage. She can't feed her kids - should the local pool now increase her rate so that she can feed her kids? NO, of course not, it's NOT their job, that's hers. She can get a 2nd job or a higher paying job. Or she is welcome to apply for government or other assistance.

'Just get a better paying job'
Sage advice.

jimnyc
09-14-2015, 07:59 AM
Sage advice.

You get out of life what you put into it. Get a 2nd job if one has to. Do you have any idea how many people I've known over the years who have had second jobs, simply to make ends meet? Why should kids out of HS even bother to better themselves or work hard, when they can just turn around, protest, and demand double their wages? People that have worked for 30 years sometimes still have trouble feeding their families - should all the employers around the country be making sure that employees can "feed their children"?

Either way, if life isn't fair - that doesn't mean an employer should start paying employees more, because things are difficult for them.

Also, it's absurd to expect nearly a double in wages (or nearly double minimum wage in most places). Minimum wage has always went up in small increments, not $7 in one day. That's absurd to even think of, IMO.

fj1200
09-14-2015, 09:54 AM

How dare those people expect to feed their children on minimum wage.

Sage advice.

It's not advice. It's the expectation of an individual's development and growth.

Noir
09-14-2015, 09:57 AM
How dare those people expect to feed their children on minimum wage.

Thats the spirit.

fj1200
09-14-2015, 10:05 AM
Thats the spirit.

You're avoiding the issue.

jimnyc
09-14-2015, 10:13 AM
You're avoiding the issue.

It's a no win situation and he knows it. It's foolish to expect minimum wage to nearly double overnight. It's equally foolish to expect a low priced fast food place to pay such high wages. The questions I've asked went unanswered as well, as answering them would further prove this $15 minimum wage thing to be foolish. To think it's a companies responsibility to make sure workers families can eat is also foolish.

jimnyc
09-14-2015, 10:19 AM
Thats the spirit.

The spirit of "personal responsibility", as opposed to where liberals feel the employer should bear the load for someone's family of they cannot provide for them.

Who pays for the 30-40 old guy who has trouble feeding his 3 little ones? Does it matter even which company, if the goal is to feed workers children? Does the amount even matter then?

Work your way up for more money. Work OT if allowed. Work 2 jobs. It's sickening to see how so many people today are amazed when they find out they actually have to work, and do it hard, if they expect to make more money.

Last but not least - don't forget your personal responsibility and have children if you can't afford to even raise them.

Nukeman
09-14-2015, 10:31 AM
https://stupidbadmemes.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/minimum-wage.jpg

http://thefederalistpapers.integratedmarket.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/meme3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Q5bTkgU.png

https://beyoungandshutup.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/for-my-under-and-unemployed-college-graduate-friends-mrw-i-hear-about-these-fast-food-strikes-and-hr-38629.jpg

Bilgerat
09-14-2015, 10:38 AM
http://josephcphillips.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Min-Wage-590-LA.jpg

Nukeman
Thats the spirit.
Here's the problem Jonathan, The people DEMANDING to be paid more have MINIMUM skill set that allows them to do the MINIMUM thus the term MINIMUM wage. I higher new college grads at $16.50 an hour to perform radiologic procedures on people (why do I pay this amount? its the going rate in our area and they have MINIMUM experience and I have to train them). When my techs get more training they are more marketable and they can go somewhere else (unfortunately they have a problem with 3 schools in the immediate area that keep the market flooded. So why should someone in my area be paid $15.00 to flip a freaking burger or wash a dish??

Minimum wage was NEVER intended to be a "living" wage it is for STARTING out not sustaining!!!!!!! This just breeds mediocrity on so many levels. Why should I live up to my potential when someone will just raise the minimum wage so I can have a new car. It breeds stupidity as well and it breeds laziness, and it breeds dependence... I could go on but I think you get the idea...

Gunny
https://stupidbadmemes.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/minimum-wage.jpg

http://thefederalistpapers.integratedmarket.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/meme3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Q5bTkgU.png

https://beyoungandshutup.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/for-my-under-and-unemployed-college-graduate-friends-mrw-i-hear-about-these-fast-food-strikes-and-hr-38629.jpg

You're still alive? Holy crap.:laugh:

Nukeman
09-14-2015, 10:41 AM
You're still alive? Holy crap.:laugh:been real busy at work.. budget planning time it takes all my time trying to coordinate 7 department with service maintenance agreements and new contract as well as making sure I set aside enough money for all expenses.. My book of business this year will exceed 100 million and 75 thousand procedures.. Been crazy!!!!

Glad you missed me :beer:

Black Diamond
09-14-2015, 10:46 AM
Thats the spirit.

You have the spirit of ignorance and dead weight loss.

Black Diamond
09-14-2015, 10:47 AM
been real busy at work.. budget planning time it takes all my time trying to coordinate 7 department with service maintenance agreements and new contract as well as making sure I set aside enough money for all expenses.. My book of business this year will exceed 100 million and 75 thousand procedures.. Been crazy!!!!

Excuses, excuses. Hiya.

Nukeman
09-14-2015, 10:54 AM
Excuses, excuses. Hiya.
Back atcha. I know excuses but sometimes we have to choose what we need to give up for a while to get shit done!!:thumb:

Elessar
09-14-2015, 10:56 AM

How dare they refuse to put on their big boy / big girl pants and improve their lot in life?:lol:

Gunny
09-14-2015, 11:06 AM
been real busy at work.. budget planning time it takes all my time trying to coordinate 7 department with service maintenance agreements and new contract as well as making sure I set aside enough money for all expenses.. My book of business this year will exceed 100 million and 75 thousand procedures.. Been crazy!!!!

Good to see you again. We can argue about something inconsequential. :) At least you can provide an argument. Talent's hard to come by these days.

NightTrain
09-14-2015, 11:36 AM
About time you showed up, Nukey!

How's the wifey? She's been keeping a low profile, too.

fj1200
09-14-2015, 11:38 AM
It's a no win situation and he knows it.

It's the liberal :eek: one thing to decry an unfortunate situation and it's another to talk about how to solve the "problem." The "problem" isn't solved by instituting an unfunded mandate on business that skews the labor market and hurts those who are most at risk. Unforeseen consequences are a B*.

DLT
09-14-2015, 12:02 PM

No. How dare burger-flippers....with no HS diploma/education, no other skills, knowledge or abilities....and no apparent incentive to GET those skills.....and probably no experience to speak of other THAN burger-flipping.... demand to get within $3/hour of what many of us that HAVE an education, skills and experience have made as starting salaries in corporations where we have worked??? Excuse me? I don't think so.

If a burger-flipper can get $15/hour what point is there to work your ass off to get the skills so you can make $18/hour at say...an analyst job? None. But then...that is what leftism is all about. Equalizing everyone down to a piss-poor level (of misery) and negating or neutralizing the efforts of those that actually did give a crap about their careers (and their ability to feed their families) enough to get the skills so they didn't have to remain a burger-flipper.

Screw the demanding burger-flipping twits. And screw the leftist twits supporting the minimum wage hike, too!

Gunny
09-14-2015, 01:45 PM
About time you showed up, Nukey!

How's the wifey? She's been keeping a low profile, too.

Somebody married him? This is getting better n better ....

(So, does his wife hate me, or no?):laugh::laugh:

Nukeman
09-14-2015, 03:51 PM
Somebody married him? This is getting better n better ....

(So, does his wife hate me, or no?):laugh::laugh:
Not my wife. She's AWESOME one of the most tolerant people you will meet!! Shes been on this board as long as I have. you get to guess which one is her. ps been married going on 27 years on our next anniversary..

:cool::cool:

DLT
09-14-2015, 04:55 PM
How dare they refuse to put on their big boy / big girl pants and improve their lot in life?:lol:

How dare they expect something (a high "minimum wage rate") for nothing (no skills, no education, no experience)?

How? They're lefties. And lefties are "special people", dontcha know.

DragonStryk72
09-14-2015, 05:00 PM

Well, there's some foul here. McDonald's makes no secret of the fact that they rarely, if ever, hire anyone full-time outside of management. This means that when you're working there, you're pretty much expecting about 16-24 hours a week, maybe some upticks during rush seasons, and less during the Jan-Feb region due to people eating out less post-Christmas.

So let's do some math:

15/hr x 20= 300/week

52 x 300= 15,600/ year

15,600 / 12= 1300/month

Now, while you'll get it back in returns most likely, you still suck up about 15% to taxes, and that comes to 1105 total net income per month. Assuming even a single child, you'll be renting a 2 bdr home for about 600-700/month.

We'll assume that you want heat and electricity, so that'll be about 150/month. Right now, that's 750-850, except you'll also need gas for your car, plus car payments, and insurance. assume the insurance is 125, car payment of 200, and gas of 80, and that puts us to 1155-1255 a month. Note that I didn't cover groceries, and we're already in the tank.

This isn't even close to the poverty level. So even if they switch up the minimum wage, it STILL won't be possible to feed a family off a McDonald's job. To get to that point, the pay would need to be at least $20/hour, with no serious dips below 20 hours a week.

While I get your basic point that people should be able to feed their families, it really isn't about the wage. With few full-time positions available within the service industry as a whole, there just isn't going to be enough jobs to go around.

What we continue to address is the wage, constantly increasing, but in a properly founded economy, that number should fluctuate up and down, not just increase slowly over time. Since we refuse to address cost of living, however, our cost of living can only rise along with the wage.

hjmick
09-14-2015, 05:55 PM
Here's the thing...

I worked at McDonald's. WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL!

When did working a fast food job become a career choice instead of a job to get money for weed while you're in HIGH SCHOOL?

It's not a career! It's a place to get experience and spending money so you can take a girl out on a date and MAYBE get laid!

Paying $15.00/hr. for these jobs is a fucking insult to people who have worked these jobs and continued on to become contributing members of society. It's an insult to the people working them now. It tells them that they will be rewarded for putting forth a half assed effort in life. It's the "everybody gets a trophy, everybody is a winner" mentality. Bullshit like this makes mediocrity that much easier. Is it any wonder so much of the U.S. production has moved off-shore? Why would a company pay a high wage to a people who put out a minimum effort?

No, sorry, $15.00/hr. for that kind of work is ridiculous. There is no argument otherwise.

DragonStryk72
09-14-2015, 07:01 PM
Here's the thing...

I worked at McDonald's. WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL!

When did working a fast food job become a career choice instead of a job to get money for weed while you're in HIGH SCHOOL?

It's not a career! It's a place to get experience and spending money so you can take a girl out on a date and MAYBE get laid!

Well... in fairness and honesty, there's a problem there too. Because the US has moved sharply away from being a production-based economy, and over to a service-based economy, large numbers of jobs shifted to the service industry. The problem there is my aforementioned lack of full-time service industry jobs.

The jobs at places like Tire plants , auto factories and whatnot used to be the default labor choice for those that didn't have much prospects. With most of the jobs gone, and the remainder being something to be competed for, this essentially makes the current McJobs the new general labor jobs of the country.

Further, with the economic drop-off, most of your general construction jobs fell off sharply, since new businesses and homes were being built at a noticeably slower rate. What to do when your only leverageable skill is one that's now out of use?

What could help tremendously in this regards is the current trending of people wanting locally-sourced products. Believe it or not, the hipsters are probably the best overall bet for getting ourselves out of this rut of employment.

People are beginning to get inventive with ways to make an income, so in a weird way, necessity is becoming the mother of invention. Now of course, many are going to fail, that's the nature of business, but many will succeed and grow.

namvet
09-14-2015, 08:13 PM
these jobs were intended for youngsters just out of HS. not a damned career. but then i don't do fast food anymore. I had a talk with a dietitian who got me off it.

DragonStryk72
09-14-2015, 08:18 PM
these jobs were intended for youngsters just out of HS. not a damned career. but then i don't do fast food anymore. I had a talk with a dietitian who got me off it.

And therein lies the next problem: The fast food industry is hurting. Because of the locally-sourced food trend, which has pulled up alongside our culture becoming vastly more health-conscious, fast food isn't doing as well as it once did.

However, while the jobs are unskilled, for many, they're the only recourse at times, because of the high turnover rate, they're pretty much always hiring. I actually worked with a guy who filled up his hours by working 3 McDonald's, because he'd gotten laid off from his old job, and needed the hours to get by.

The problem comes back to our sole focus on the minimum wage being raised as the solution. It isn't, it basically kicks the can down the field until the next time we need to deal with it.

namvet
09-14-2015, 08:26 PM
And therein lies the next problem: The fast food industry is hurting. Because of the locally-sourced food trend, which has pulled up alongside our culture becoming vastly more health-conscious, fast food isn't doing as well as it once did.

However, while the jobs are unskilled, for many, they're the only recourse at times, because of the high turnover rate, they're pretty much always hiring. I actually worked with a guy who filled up his hours by working 3 McDonald's, because he'd gotten laid off from his old job, and needed the hours to get by.

The problem comes back to our sole focus on the minimum wage being raised as the solution. It isn't, it basically kicks the can down the field until the next time we need to deal with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJgTIg21riA

let the ragheads do it

SassyLady
09-14-2015, 10:15 PM

Noir ... they can feed their children just like I did. I worked minimum wage and went to high school. I earned what I have ... I didn't march in the streets, go on strike or sit on my ass collecting welfare. I was raising three kids, running my own business and going to night school by the time I was 32.

And, your outrage for a person getting paid what they are worth is childish.

SassyLady
09-15-2015, 01:12 AM
No. How dare burger-flippers....with no HS diploma/education, no other skills, knowledge or abilities....and no apparent incentive to GET those skills.....and probably no experience to speak of other THAN burger-flipping.... demand to get within $3/hour of what many of us that HAVE an education, skills and experience have made as starting salaries in corporations where we have worked??? Excuse me? I don't think so.

If a burger-flipper can get $15/hour what point is there to work your ass off to get the skills so you can make $18/hour at say...an analyst job? None. But then...that is what leftism is all about. Equalizing everyone down to a piss-poor level (of misery) and negating or neutralizing the efforts of those that actually did give a crap about their careers (and their ability to feed their families) enough to get the skills so they didn't have to remain a burger-flipper.

Screw the demanding burger-flipping twits. And screw the leftist twits supporting the minimum wage hike, too!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

SassyLady
09-15-2015, 01:18 AM
Sage advice.

Yes, Noir, this is the best advice you'll get on this. If you don't have the skills to get a better job here's 2 options for you.

1. Increase your skill set
2. Live within your means

tailfins
09-15-2015, 07:36 AM

You just described a woman that's a low divorce risk! Someone who's content to flip burgers in a McDonald's is someone who has a good chance being content to flip burgers in YOUR kitchen.

aboutime
09-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Proves how totally dumb so many Americans really are. Anyone who believes...because MCDONALDS has their own COLLEGE for training FLIPPERS, and FRIES DIPPERS is a Career Move like Four Years of Harvard...deserves no increase in any MINIMUM anything.

Burgers will soon be required to cost at least FIVE DOLLARS each...to pay the FLIPPERS who hate their jobs.