PDA

View Full Version : Trump in Dallas

jimnyc
09-15-2015, 08:23 AM
I'm most of the way through his hour + long speech in Dallas last night. But the opening was the best. There was a crowd of about 20,000 and he first asked the crowd what they noticed missing? Teleprompters! :laugh: I know it's just a joke, but damn, I got tired of seeing Obama barely able to speak without them. Trump stumbles on some words, and puts his foot in his mouth at times, but he seems more real to me than the POS in there now.

He also wanted to know what's up with this "sanctuary cities crap", and of course went on about anchor babies again. He said we are the world's dumping ground.

He made fun of global warming. Ok, didn't make fun of it, but dismissed it and stated nuclear global warming concerns him more.

Away with Obamacare and in with "DonaldCare".

I'll add some more when I'm done with it, if anything interesting. Anyone else watch it? Mark Cuban, owner of the Mavericks and friend, allowed him to use the stadium. It was packed an as electric as a Dallas Mavericks game!

Perianne
09-15-2015, 08:25 AM
This election is going to be very interesting. Things are lining up for someone like the Donald to win.

jimnyc
09-15-2015, 08:26 AM
This election is going to be very interesting. Things are lining up for someone like the Donald to win.

I was watching a bunch of Rubio clips this morning and I still REALLY like him, but he almost seems non-existent thus far unless you really seek him out. I suppose it's a campaign money issue.

revelarts
09-15-2015, 08:59 AM
I was watching a bunch of Rubio clips this morning and I still REALLY like him, but he almost seems non-existent thus far unless you really seek him out. I suppose it's a campaign money issue.

And a media ratings issue,
And many republicans not being a bit more rational issue

jimnyc
09-15-2015, 09:06 AM
And a media ratings issue,
And many republicans not being a bit more rational issue

And it's weird, because it seems like the majority of Trump news is negative against him, but yet he leads the media non-stop. The media want him, even if they hate him, because he's a huge ratings boom right now. But he's pulling in more and more people on his stops, and quickly, and that's not good for the others. If he's to be stopped, it will have to be debate disasters, IMO.

Perianne
09-15-2015, 09:36 AM

There is a large group of us who find Rubio's promotion of, and participation in, the Gang of Eight's solution to the illegal immigration problem unacceptable.

If either Rubio or Bush is the nominee, I will vote third party.

jimnyc
09-15-2015, 09:46 AM
There is a large group of us who find Rubio's promotion of, and participation in, the Gang of Eight's solution to the illegal immigration problem unacceptable.

If either Rubio or Bush is the nominee, I will vote third party.

And then, I'm afraid, we will be dealing with Hillary's solution to the problem. :( I'll be voting for ANY of the GOP candidates over Hillary. While some may seem better than others, I think all are better than Hillary. While I respect a third party vote, I don't think our country wants it today, and those votes may place Hillary in the White House again.

I don't think it matters anyway as I don't see Rubio getting the nod.

Here's Hillary's plan, should the GOP lose:

Hillary is advocating for:

A fair and just immigration system. Every family should feel like they belong in this country. Instead of breaking up law-abiding immigrant families who have enriched America for years, Hillary will offer them a path to citizenship.

Comprehensive immigration reform. The American people support comprehensive immigration reform—not just because it is the right thing to do, but because it strengthens families, our economy, and our country. Congress must pass comprehensive immigration reform that provides a path to citizenship, treats every person with dignity, upholds the rule of law, protects our borders and national security, and brings millions of hardworking people into the formal economy.

Defending executive actions. Hillary will defend President Obama’s executive actions on immigration from partisan attacks that would put DREAMers at risk of deportation. And if Congress continues to refuse to act, she will do everything possible under the law to go further. She will put in place a simple, straightforward, accessible way for parents of DREAMers and others with a history of service and contribution to their communities to make their case and be eligible for the same deferred action as their children.

Conducting humane, common sense enforcement. Immigration enforcement must be more humane, more targeted, and more effective. We will focus our limited resources on those individuals who pose a violent threat to public safety.

Perianne
09-15-2015, 09:50 AM
And then, I'm afraid, we will be dealing with Hillary's solution to the problem. :( I'll be voting for ANY of the GOP candidates over Hillary. While some may seem better than others, I think all are better than Hillary. While I respect a third party vote, I don't think our country wants it today, and those votes may place Hillary in the White House again.

A fair and just immigration system. Every family should feel like they belong in this country. Instead of breaking up law-abiding immigrant families who have enriched America for years, Hillary will offer them a path to citizenship.

I don't think either Rubio or Bush will get the nod. They have shot themselves in the foot for their love of illegals. Regardless, what is the differences between Rubio and Bush's immigration plans and the one espoused by Hillary??? Same thing.

jimnyc
09-15-2015, 09:54 AM
I don't think either Rubio or Bush will get the nod. They have shot themselves in the foot for their love of illegals. Regardless, what is the differences between Rubio and Bush's immigration plans and the one espoused by Hillary??? Same thing.

And then you would get the entire Hillary and the entire Democrat plan, as opposed to just losing on one issue you felt strongly about. I'm not willing to lose this election, it's far too important this time around, IMO. That's why I said I would never vote for Trump should he be dumb enough to go 3rd party should he lose the nod.

Perianne
09-15-2015, 09:58 AM
And then you would get the entire Hillary and the entire Democrat plan, as opposed to just losing on one issue you felt strongly about. I'm not willing to lose this election, it's far too important this time around, IMO. That's why I said I would never vote for Trump should he be dumb enough to go 3rd party should he lose the nod.

And you are right, sir. In all probability, I would hold my nose and vote for Rubio or Bush for the reasons you state above.

Sometimes I talk big. The only time I voted third party was when that bustard McCain ran against Obama.

jimnyc
09-15-2015, 10:00 AM
And you are right, sir. In all probability, I would hold my nose and vote for Rubio or Bush for the reasons you state above.

Sometimes I talk big. The only time I voted third party was when that bustard McCain ran against Obama.

Let's hope it's Trump or Cruz then, or maybe both together! :)

gabosaurus
09-15-2015, 10:07 AM
Let's hope it's Trump or Cruz then, or maybe both together! :)

I would totally endorse this. Dems would win with 70 percent of the vote.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2015/09/thousands-filing-into-american-airlines-center-for-donald-trump-rally.html/

sundaydriver
09-15-2015, 10:47 AM
More red meat for the masses. :rolleyes:

DLT
09-15-2015, 03:10 PM

Comprehensive immigration reform. The American people support comprehensive immigration reform—not just because it is the right thing to do, but because it strengthens families, our economy, and our country. Congress must pass comprehensive immigration reform that provides a path to citizenship, treats every person with dignity, upholds the rule of law, protects our borders and national security, and brings millions of hardworking people into the formal economy.

Defending executive actions. Hillary will defend President Obama’s executive actions on immigration from partisan attacks that would put DREAMers at risk of deportation. And if Congress continues to refuse to act, she will do everything possible under the law to go further. She will put in place a simple, straightforward, accessible way for parents of DREAMers and others with a history of service and contribution to their communities to make their case and be eligible for the same deferred action as their children.

Conducting humane, common sense enforcement. Immigration enforcement must be more humane, more targeted, and more effective. We will focus our limited resources on those individuals who pose a violent threat to public safety.

At the risk of sounding like just another leftie idiot (like Alec Baldwin)....

if Hillary actually does win....at that point I will truly KNOW that this nation is about to be flushed down the toilet like the leftist turd that she (and Obama and their leftist minions) is....

and I will sell my house, at a loss, pack up and move the hell out of America. Cause at that point I will know that not even living in Texas will save us from the wrath and judgment coming to our shores.

tailfins
09-15-2015, 07:09 PM
I would totally endorse this. Dems would win with 70 percent of the vote.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2015/09/thousands-filing-into-american-airlines-center-for-donald-trump-rally.html/

You continue to beclown yourself. It would be a close race even if Trump is the nominee. In the off chance Trump is elected President, don't be surprised if someone like Michael Bloomberg gets nominated to the Supreme Court. Trump is a national version of Jesse Ventura.

Nukeman
09-15-2015, 07:49 PM
Here's the deal, Trump is a sensationalist.. He can say whatever he wants, he has FU money. He can say "I hate sanctuary cites", "all lives matter (without apologizing for not saying ONLY black lives matter)", "illegal immigrants need to be deported","secure the borders". He is saying what a LOT of Americans are feeling but don't have the voice to say. Many think he is a joke, and well he may be, however; he is striking a nerve with MANY people due to his ability to NOT GIVE A FLYING F!@K.

I don't think he cares if he wins or loses to him it is all about his ego he would like to be more powerful if we let him, personally I think the US needs someone willing to stand up for the average person is that Trump?? I really don't know but at this time he is the only one willing to tell people what they want to hear and not afraid to say it or apologize for saying it.

The US does NOT need another career politician. That my friends is the problem with the US we have "career politicians" which means they have made a career out of civic duty. Thatis what placed the US in a downward spiral, when politics became a job and a career to make a living instead of a calling to help your fellow man. The current crop of "politicians" have all been to the same Ivy league schools, taught by the same professors, taught the same political BS and we expect the Dem and Rep's to be different???? REALLY??? Before the 1930's-40's we had gentlemen farmers from Kansas and California, Oil men from Texas, Factory owners from the mid-west, investment brokers from the east coast. All these men used to come from varying backgrounds that afforded them a different perspective on how the US should be lead (and they worked together to HELP each other).. The current crop of "idiots" is exactly that, they all think the same way just colored a little different. This my friends is the appeal of Trump he is NOT a career politician, he is NOT a politician at all he is BLUNT, CRUDE, UNAPOLOGETIC, and DECISIVE!! That is what the US needs if not in Trump than someone who is willing to do what needs to be done instead of just getting elected to make a living!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course this is just my opinion!!

Black Diamond
09-15-2015, 08:25 PM

I think you just want a Dolphins cheerleader to be First Lady. :laugh:

gabosaurus
09-15-2015, 08:49 PM
Trump's biggest problem is that he has no sense of diplomacy. He is irrational and more suited to be a dictator than the leader of a democracy. Trump's business methods are about hostile takeovers and overwhelming the opposition.
Sure, Trump says what a lot of people feel. But those people are not the POTUS. Trump does not like to negotiate. He likes to dictate.

Trump can say all he wants and do whatever he wants. But the raw truth is that he can't win a national election. Trump would lose 90 percent of the minority vote and 80 percent of the female vote. He would also be trounced among under-30 voters.
I guarantee that a ton of people will go to the polls for sole intention of voting against Trump. Which means a great many of them will vote straight Dem and not worry about the rest of the ballot.

Republicans have a uncomfortable choice to make. They can choose some they feel good about. Or someone they feel can win.

tailfins
09-15-2015, 09:10 PM
Trump's biggest problem is that he has no sense of diplomacy. He is irrational and more suited to be a dictator than the leader of a democracy. Trump's business methods are about hostile takeovers and overwhelming the opposition.
Sure, Trump says what a lot of people feel. But those people are not the POTUS. Trump does not like to negotiate. He likes to dictate.

Trump can say all he wants and do whatever he wants. But the raw truth is that he can't win a national election. Trump would lose 90 percent of the minority vote and 80 percent of the female vote. He would also be trounced among under-30 voters.
I guarantee that a ton of people will go to the polls for sole intention of voting against Trump. Which means a great many of them will vote straight Dem and not worry about the rest of the ballot.

Republicans have a uncomfortable choice to make. They can choose some they feel good about. Or someone they feel can win.

You keep pulling goofy numbers out of your butt. Trump would lose perhaps 65% of the minority vote and 60% of the female vote. The polls show Trump would do not worse than that.

Black Diamond
09-15-2015, 09:21 PM
You keep pulling goofy numbers out of your butt. Trump would lose perhaps 65% of the minority vote and 60% of the female vote. The polls show Trump would do not worse than that.

To liberals like Gabby, minorities are the only ones who matter.

revelarts
09-15-2015, 09:48 PM
My emphasis

Here's the deal, Trump is a sensationalist.. He can say whatever he wants, he has FU money. He can say "I hate sanctuary cites", "all lives matter (without apologizing for not saying ONLY black lives matter)", "illegal immigrants need to be deported","secure the borders". He is saying what a LOT of Americans are feeling but don't have the voice to say. Many think he is a joke, and well he may be, however; he is striking a nerve with MANY people due to his ability to NOT GIVE A FLYING F!@K.

I don't think he cares if he wins or loses to him it is all about his ego he would like to be more powerful if we let him, personally I think the US needs someone willing to stand up for the average person is that Trump?? I really don't know but at this time he is the only one willing to tell people what they want to hearand not afraid to say it or apologize for saying it.

The US does NOT need another career politician. That my friends is the problem with the US we have "career politicians" which means they have made a career out of civic duty. Thatis what placed the US in a downward spiral, when politics became a job and a career to make a living instead of a calling to help your fellow man. The current crop of "politicians" have all been to the same Ivy league schools, taught by the same professors, taught the same political BS and we expect the Dem and Rep's to be different???? REALLY??? Before the 1930's-40's we had gentlemen farmers from Kansas and California, Oil men from Texas, Factory owners from the mid-west, investment brokers from the east coast. All these men used to come from varying backgrounds that afforded them a different perspective on how the US should be lead (and they worked together to HELP each other).. The current crop of "idiots" is exactly that, they all think the same way just colored a little different. This my friends is the appeal of Trump he is NOT a career politician, he is NOT a politician at all he is BLUNT, CRUDE, UNAPOLOGETIC, and DECISIVE!! That is what the US needs if not in Trump than someone who is willing to do what needs to be done instead of just getting elected to make a living!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course this is just my opinion!!

"...someone who is willing to do what needs to be done instead of just getting elected to make a living"
We had our chance with Ron Paul, he wasn't in line with the rank and file D and Rs and he didn't care that much what they thought.
But he was "to radical" and "racist" but never said anything CLOSE to the the things Trump says. And he actually liked the constitution, had written plans and knew the difference between hezbolah and hamas. But americans on the right like their leaders with more outward machismo, and those that make them feel good about all their worries and our "greatness".
Trumps playing those strings.
Even when he hits sour notes, many Rs still love the tune and presentation.

He's the R's reality show favorite bad boy character.

jimnyc
09-16-2015, 07:36 AM
Rev, I understand where you're coming from, honestly. You were doing just fine until you got to Ron Paul. If you're still a fan, that's great, but there's good reason why he didn't really collect jack shit on the primary field - no one wanted him.

jimnyc
09-16-2015, 07:40 AM
I think you just want a Dolphins cheerleader to be First Lady. :laugh:

Truth is, I didn't even know about her until about a week ago. Oh man, Rubio is a lucky dude!!

http://i.imgur.com/8kaNYOo.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-16-2015, 08:16 AM
And it's weird, because it seems like the majority of Trump news is negative against him, but yet he leads the media non-stop. The media want him, even if they hate him, because he's a huge ratings boom right now. But he's pulling in more and more people on his stops, and quickly, and that's not good for the others. If he's to be stopped, it will have to be debate disasters, IMO.

Trump and Carson are the two big favorites. Neither one is a career politician! Trailing behind them are Cruz and Carly. Only Cruz got into office and tried his best to deliver on his promises. Walker did deliver on his but is so far behind now it looks grim for him..
I will back whomever gets the nod because there is not a democrat politician alive that deserves to be President and not one that wouldn't harm this nation even more!--Tyr

revelarts
09-16-2015, 08:32 AM
Rev, I understand where you're coming from, honestly. You were doing just fine until you got to Ron Paul. If you're still a fan, that's great, but there's good reason why he didn't really collect jack shit on the primary field - no one wanted him.

not for any good reasons.

And Trump is aping Paul's foreign policy on most everything (which Rs said made him so hated) Except that Trump's tacked on "the wall" and fantasy immigration policies. which seems to be only policy that many on the right REALLY embrace. the rest seems to be more faith based from liking his personality and presentation.

jimnyc
09-16-2015, 08:43 AM
not for any good reasons.

So since folks disagreed with you about Paul, and didn't vote for him - that means their reasons weren't good enough?

And Trump is aping Paul's foreign policy on most everything (which Rs said made him so hated) Except that Trump's tacked on "the wall" and fantasy immigration policies. which seems to be only policy that many on the right REALLY embrace. the rest seems to be more faith based from liking his personality and presentation.

I've seen many/most Trump supporters happy with what he has said on MANY issues, all across the board. And he's MUCH more aggressive in what he wants for foreign policy, as opposed to Paul who wanted to sit home and let the world do as they please. If you think Trump's sole stance is the wall, you haven't been following or paying attention. You DID say, I recall, that you haven't been following any of the candidates, so it's odd that you would know so much about what Trump supports and doesn't support and what his various stances are.

Have you followed Trumps campaign stops and watched his speeches? Have you watched any of his many interviews? I don't think so, either that, or you are purposely missing what his stances are. But I don't think you were going to vote for him from day one, so I suppose it matters little.

jimnyc
09-16-2015, 08:45 AM
Trump and Carson are the two big favorites. Neither one is a career politician! Trailing behind them are Cruz and Carly. Only Cruz got into office and tried his best to deliver on his promises. Walker did deliver on his but is so far behind now it looks grim for him..
I will back whomever gets the nod because there is not a democrat politician alive that deserves to be President and not one that wouldn't harm this nation even more!--Tyr

I'm starting to think that Trump/Cruz would make an awesome ticket. And I think between the 2 of them they could build a hell of an administration. But hell, I would gladly take Trump/Carson as well, but don't see that one as much of a chance.

revelarts
09-16-2015, 09:06 AM
So since folks disagreed with you about Paul, and didn't vote for him - that means their reasons weren't good enough?

yes after fairly long discussions with you and others here when he was a candidate. It seemed to me that the reasoning against him was THIN and based on false ideas about foreign dangers and false ideas about Paul and lip service to the principals of the constitution but not willing to really vote for someone committed to it.

so yeah.

I've seen many/most Trump supporters happy with what he has said on MANY issues, all across the board. And he's MUCH more aggressive in what he wants for foreign policy, as opposed to Paul who wanted to sit home and let the world do as they please. If you think Trump's sole stance is the wall, you haven't been following or paying attention. You DID say, I recall, that you haven't been following any of the candidates, so it's odd that you would know so much about what Trump supports and doesn't support and what his various stances are.

Have you followed Trumps campaign stops and watched his speeches? Have you watched any of his many interviews? I don't think so, either that, or you are purposely missing what his stances are. But I don't think you were going to vote for him from day one, so I suppose it matters little.

I've mainly followed what people have posted here. and i haven't seen many policy comments. just talk of what a manly man he is. what a REAL American he is. and how he's sticking to the media and the saying what people REALLY feel about immigrants and women and the like. that's what mostly comes across here on this board. not policies on various issues.

maybe i've missed the trump policy treads.

But which policies do you agree with Trump on?
please don't say "most".

here's a list 'yes' 'no' 'mostly' or "i don't know his position" if you don't mind.

Iran
Taxes
the wall
china
tariffs
drug war
abortion
the NSA and spying on US citizens
the deficit
gov't bail outs
gov't bureaucracy
RonPaul and even Perry said was going to DELETE various Dept.s Trump have similar plans?
executive orders
gitmo
indefinite detention
signature strikes
welfare
minimum wage
military intervention
military budgets

or whatever issues your most interested in.
I have not been following closely so this will give me a snap shot of what appeals to people... well you... policy wise.

jimnyc
09-16-2015, 09:17 AM
yes after fairly long discussions with you and others here when he was a candidate. It seemed to me that the reasoning against him was THIN and based on false ideas about foreign dangers and false ideas about Paul and lip service to the principals of the constitution but not willing to really vote for someone committed to it.

so yeah.

I disagreed with Paul on MANY of his stances. He was considered to be the "lunatic fringe", whether you want to believe that or not, and MANY others around the nation felt the same. Hell, Google remembers all. :)

I've mainly followed what people have posted here. and i haven't seen many policy comments. just talk of what a manly man he is. what a REAL American he is. and how he's sticking to the media and the saying what people REALLY feel about immigrants and women and the like. that's what comes across here on this board. not policies on various issues.

maybe i've missed the trump policy treads.

But which policies do you agree with Trump on.
please don't say "most".

Don't ask me next to start supplying his stances and debating them. If folks don't know his positions to begin with, then they're obviously not interested in him enough to begin with. But I agree with him on the following positions:

Illegal Immigration of course
Iran
ISIS
Israel
Health care
Jobs
I agree with him on about everything regarding our economy, and foreign trade
Education
"global warming", and other energy issues

My brain isn't working perfectly and haven't had enough coffee yet, so that's the best you get, and that's just the top of my head.

revelarts
09-16-2015, 09:22 AM
Don't ask me next to start supplying his stances and debating them. If folks don't know his positions to begin with, then they're obviously not interested in him enough to begin with. But I agree with him on the following positions:

Illegal Immigration of course
Iran
ISIS
Israel
Health care
Jobs
I agree with him on about everything regarding our economy, and foreign trade
Education
"global warming", and other energy issues

My brain isn't working perfectly and haven't had enough coffee yet, so that's the best you get, and that's just the top of my head.

more than good enough.
i just wanted to see what's the policy attractions are not to debate them.
:thumbsup:

Nonnie
09-16-2015, 04:19 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7660&stc=1

Out of interest, Trump kept going on about Obama not being American, wanting to see his birth certificate. What was the out come?

jimnyc
09-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Out of interest, Trump kept going on about Obama not being American, wanting to see his birth certificate. What was the out come?

While Obama is an American, his actions and leadership have been un-American, sadly.