PDA

View Full Version : Varying Degrees of Love

Perianne
09-15-2015, 05:12 PM
Upon the birth of my daughter, my husband and I both swore that, if necessary, we would give our lives to protect the life of our precious daughter. She is now 27 and I still feel the same way. Although her father passed away, I never doubted his love and devotion to her. Sometimes I doubted his love for me, but never for her. I had no doubt that he would have given his life in her defense.

I wonder about other cultures. What is it about a Muslim who teaches his son jihad and suicide bombing, or that his daughter should be chattel for men?

The elderly man then ties a rope around her [his daughter] arms and waist, and leads her to a shallow pit in the ground, where she is seen being pelted with stones from a group of men gathered around, including her father.

Likewise, what is it about inner city blacks and Hispanics that they do not have the love to school their sons and daughters on the proper way to live? Why do they not teach them to stay out of gangs, away from drugs, and away from bad people who might influence them?

What did my husband and I have that those other groups do not?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29715737

gabosaurus
09-15-2015, 08:36 PM
You are actually 100 percent off base with this. I would say that the overwhelming majority of Muslim parents and minority teach their kids the same values that you did. They love their kids just as much as you do and have the same hopes and desires that you do.

The Muslim couple who live across from me have three kids. The oldest, a boy, is doing pre-med at Stanford. The younger two, girls, are as Westernized as you are.

You have done nothing that other groups have done. Other than apply your inherent prejudices toward minorities into situations that are foreign to you.

On a different note, I didn't know you had a daughter who was 27. What kind of work does she do?

jimnyc
09-16-2015, 07:45 AM
Muslim men love their wives and daughters.

At least until one of them looks at another man. Then she'll get a beating.

Or if the daughter sleeps with someone. Then she must be killed for dishonoring the family.

Or of the wife cheats, or is seen with another man in public, then she must be buried in a pit and stoned to death.

Or if in a divorce, she must lose everything.

Or (outside the US) if a Muslim woman wants to be educated - good luck with that one.

Or if either wants to drive - good luck getting a license where you live.

Sure, love - just like Michael Vick, they own their "pets", until no longer needed, then they die.

Perianne
09-16-2015, 09:21 AM
You are actually 100 percent off base with this. I would say that the overwhelming majority of Muslim parents and minority teach their kids the same values that you did. They love their kids just as much as you do and have the same hopes and desires that you do.

The Muslim couple who live across from me have three kids. The oldest, a boy, is doing pre-med at Stanford. The younger two, girls, are as Westernized as you are.

You have done nothing that other groups have done. Other than apply your inherent prejudices toward minorities into situations that are foreign to you.

On a different note, I didn't know you had a daughter who was 27. What kind of work does she do?

Yes, you are right. It is my prejudices that caused me to notice that gangs are primarily black and Hispanic. And that jihadists and suicide bombers are Muslim. I really should get counseling for my prejudices against those groups. Gabo, you are so silly, girl!

My daughter is a Registered Nurse, like her mama. However she is pursuing her Master's degree, while I only have a Bachelor's degree.