PDA

View Full Version : Praying After a Game

Perianne
09-15-2015, 05:44 PM
Whatcha wanna bet a liberal was involved?

BREMERTON, Wash. -- The Bremerton School District is investigating a football coach for praying after high school football games. District policy states "school staff shall neither encourage nor discourage" students from praying.

Bremerton High School assistant football coach Joe Kennedy, who is still coaching, said he always prays after games on the 50-yard line. He said sometimes he's alone, sometimes players join him.

"I never asked anyone," Kennedy said. "They just all showed up one day and the next thing I know, the other team was showing up with us."

KING 5 spoke to Kennedy at Monday's JV football game, He's the assistant head coach for Bremerton High's varsity team and the head coach for the JV squad. After Monday's game, Kennedy still prayed on the field, and a large crowd made up of players and parents from both Bremerton and its opponent took part.

"I spent 20 years in the Marine Corps, and it's been about protecting the freedom of other people," he said. "It's about the freedom, and people can believe whatever they want. I'm just exercising my right. The game is over, and I just thank god for every one of these young men that are out here."

It's not yet clear what promoted the district investigation, but many in the stands at Monday's game assumed it came as the result of a complaint or concern about the separation of church and state.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/2015/09/14/bremerton-football-coach-investigated-post-game-prayers/72281698/

aboutime
09-16-2015, 06:20 PM
Whatcha wanna bet a liberal was involved?

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/2015/09/14/bremerton-football-coach-investigated-post-game-prayers/72281698/

Perianne. Thankfully. Schools like NOTRE DAME never pay attention to the Liberal, Politically Correct Idiots among us.
Guess they would also punish Billy Graham for celebrating any WINS too??????:laugh:

jimnyc
09-17-2015, 06:43 AM
That is SO widespread and common in football, even the pros and college levels do so, and it's almost always lead by those simply with their faith, with someone like Tebow, or even Ray Rice used to lead it. I see NOTHING wrong with it whatsoever. If you don't like it, don't participate. If you don't want to see it, don't look. It's not out loud for everyone and it's not mandatory.

Idiots.

Black Diamond
09-17-2015, 06:44 AM
Christophobes....

aboutime
09-17-2015, 01:54 PM
That is SO widespread and common in football, even the pros and college levels do so, and it's almost always lead by those simply with their faith, with someone like Tebow, or even Ray Rice used to lead it. I see NOTHING wrong with it whatsoever. If you don't like it, don't participate. If you don't want to see it, don't look. It's not out loud for everyone and it's not mandatory.

Idiots.

Jimmyc. Not to mention how many Running Backs who make touchdowns Point to Heaven, and Praise God for their success. As usual. All of the WORM-DIRT whiners, haters, and perpetual idiots among us ALWAYS HAVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING.

To coin a phrase....'SCREW 'EM!':laugh:

Perianne
09-17-2015, 01:59 PM
Jimmyc. Not to mention how many Running Backs who make touchdowns Point to Heaven, and Praise God for their success. As usual. All of the WORM-DIRT whiners, haters, and perpetual idiots among us ALWAYS HAVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING.

To coin a phrase....'SCREW 'EM!':laugh:

Now that you mention it, aboutime, that is on nearly every play! Sssssh! Don't point that out to the liberals!

To coin a phrase...."COITUS 'EM!" :laugh: