PDA

View Full Version : What some call trolls might just be mentally challenged

tailfins
09-16-2015, 08:31 AM
We should think twice before referring to people as "trolls". One example here is Gnostic Bishop. I suspect he has obsessive tendencies and can't help himself. My desire is to be nice to him, but not participate in his obsession and encourage him to talk about other topics.

jimnyc
09-16-2015, 08:47 AM
We should think twice before referring to people as "trolls". One example here is Gnostic Bishop. I suspect he has obsessive tendencies and can't help himself. My desire is to be nice to him, but not participate in his obsession and encourage him to talk about other topics.

A mental illness doesn't get someone out of "trolldom". I technically have one, and I wouldn't expect special treatment anywhere. And if someone literally cannot help themselves.... well, being nice is one thing, and helping is one thing - but there has to be improvement. I haven't seen that. I see bashing of Christianity and then further trolling of anyone who beats him with his own words.

tailfins
09-16-2015, 09:55 AM
A mental illness doesn't get someone out of "trolldom". I technically have one, and I wouldn't expect special treatment anywhere. And if someone literally cannot help themselves.... well, being nice is one thing, and helping is one thing - but there has to be improvement. I haven't seen that. I see bashing of Christianity and then further trolling of anyone who beats him with his own words.

You are entitled to special treatment and deserve it if you want it. Don't let your pride cheat you out of needed assistance.

I take it even a step further: If someone offers help: TAKE IT! That's even if it violates your prejudices.

Voted4Reagan
09-16-2015, 11:22 AM
A mental illness doesn't get someone out of "trolldom". I technically have one,

TROLL... :slap:

Gunny
09-16-2015, 11:36 AM

Key word: "some". "Troll" has a specific definition. When you show up sporadically and just to see who you can piss off, you fit the word. Now, should I call you a "ib" because you're making excuses for his bad behavior?

He doesn't talk about any other topic. He shows up to piss people off. THAT is his entire goal. He talks solely about Christianity using backwards-ass BS to inflame and question our faith. Never in any other threads. So, if you want to play Don Quixote, you might want to find a smaller windmill to fight. :laugh:

Gunny
09-16-2015, 11:38 AM

My mental illness is I keep arguing with trolls. :laugh:

Gunny
09-16-2015, 11:40 AM
You are entitled to special treatment and deserve it if you want it. Don't let your pride cheat you out of needed assistance.

I take it even a step further: If someone offers help: TAKE IT! That's even if it violates your prejudices.

Dude, you're getting weird.

tailfins
09-16-2015, 11:42 AM
My mental illness is I keep arguing with trolls. :laugh:

If your obsession causes you distress, have you considered Paxil or Zoloft? If it DOESN'T cause you distress: :carryon:

tailfins
09-16-2015, 11:43 AM
Dude, you're getting weird.

Why? Help is better than suffering, irrespective of the source of the help.

Gunny
09-16-2015, 11:54 AM

Not a problem. But this isn't a self-help forum. We pick on each other here. Constantly. And most people aren't going to put their self-help issues on a message board. I say what my problems are as a matter of explanation, not because I want any of you other retards trying to fix ME. :laugh:

Perianne
09-16-2015, 12:20 PM
Not a problem. But this isn't a self-help forum. We pick on each other here. Constantly. And most people aren't going to put their self-help issues on a message board. I say what my problems are as a matter of explanation, not because I want any of you other retards trying to fix ME. :laugh:

Who you calling retard????? lol

Gunny
09-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Who you calling retard????? lol

If I'm part of the crew, I feel free to call it. :laugh:

Gunny
09-16-2015, 06:58 PM
If your obsession causes you distress, have you considered Paxil or Zoloft? If it DOESN'T cause you distress: :carryon:

Now at the brilliance level. Had a doctor put me on paxil. Know what happens when you put an alcoholic on paxil? I tried to destroy the neighborhood and everyone in it. You might want to read up on that crap.

And no, I never considered another option. I can deal with my crap WAY better than "you end up in jail".

Gunny
09-16-2015, 07:10 PM

So long as you are offering/providing help in the proper forum. I don't come to this board to get help for my personal issues. I come here to get away from them. Just like everyone else I know on this board that has shared personal issues. Some may mention them as an explanation, but I don't recall anyone asking for anyone's help from this board. I personally make no secret of being an alcoholic because I just don't give a damn. I fight the same battle every other addict does every day.

What help do you think YOU have to offer? You can talk your ass to death and it's as simple as "one day at a time". That's all we have to do. One day at a time.

DLT
09-16-2015, 09:56 PM

Ehhhh.....no.

Gnostic is the perfect example of a forum troll. And a irreligious wacko one, at that. I've seen him in action (the same BS) on multiple forums. He's got troll written all over him. Probably even tattooed!

red state
09-16-2015, 10:20 PM
Key word: "some". "Troll" has a specific definition. When you show up sporadically and just to see who you can piss off, you fit the word. Now, should I call you a "ib" because you're making excuses for his bad behavior?

He doesn't talk about any other topic. He shows up to piss people off. THAT is his entire goal. He talks solely about Christianity using backwards-ass BS to inflame and question our faith. Never in any other threads. So, if you want to play Don Quixote, you might want to find a smaller windmill to fight. :laugh:

I thought the same thing but didn't really wish to comment because (in my seldom being able to participate) I was not 100% certain that the troll of whom we speak had actually failed to comment elsewhere. I was pretty sure....just not certain as to how big a TROLL GC was but I was most definitely certain that HE/SHE/IT was most definitely a TROLL.

And you're right about the 'Dude, you're getting weird, thing'. :laugh: :salute::clap: