PDA

View Full Version : NC police chief out after calling Black Lives Matter a ‘terrorist’ group on Facebook

Jeff
09-17-2015, 07:57 AM
This is ridicules, make a man retire or be fired because he told the truth. If this isn't domestic terrorism then the word shouldn't exist. This guy is exactly right, put any white supremacy group marching and calling for death of cops and blacks and they are getting arrested, but Obama has made it OK to fry the bacon ( threaten to kill cops ) yea with all his make believe kids and other idiot remarks he opened the door for this. And the media, white people get killed all the time but nothing, a cop gets killed by a scum bag and it gets a quarter of the press that a black thug gets for robbing a store and then attacking a cop and finally getting killed, the media is as much a part of this trash as is this current administration.

SURF CITY, N.C.(WECT) – Surf City Police Chief Mike Halstead has retired effective immediately following a Tuesday emergency meeting called about a Facebook post he made.
Major Ron Shanahan will take over as interim chief.
Town leaders and Halstead have agreed on severance pay following his decision to retire.

http://wncn.com/2015/09/15/black-lives-matter-post-leads-to-nc-police-chiefs-retirement/

Black Diamond
09-17-2015, 08:04 AM
16 more months

Gunny
09-17-2015, 08:22 AM
16 more months

You wish. This BS has been going on since Watts in 65. Blacks have figured out if they loot and destroy and give it a name the media and the left will give them a pass.

How about WE try that crap? Our asses will be sitting in jail for the next 18 months waiting to get to court.

Black Diamond
09-17-2015, 08:25 AM
You wish. This BS has been going on since Watts in 65. Blacks have figured out if they loot and destroy and give it a name the media and the left will give them a pass.

How about WE try that crap? Our asses will be sitting in jail for the next 18 months waiting to get to court.

Well we have to make up for slavery and Jim Crow. I mean you and I caused those things.

fj1200
09-17-2015, 08:38 AM
This is ridicules, make a man retire or be fired because he told the truth. If this isn't domestic terrorism then the word shouldn't exist. This guy is exactly right, put any white supremacy group marching and calling for death of cops and blacks and they are getting arrested, but Obama has made it OK to fry the bacon ( threaten to kill cops ) yea with all his make believe kids and other idiot remarks he opened the door for this. And the media, white people get killed all the time but nothing, a cop gets killed by a scum bag and it gets a quarter of the press that a black thug gets for robbing a store and then attacking a cop and finally getting killed, the media is as much a part of this trash as is this current administration.

Looks like he was fired for saying a lot of things:

Open letter from a Police Chief , this Black Lives Matter group is nothing more than an American born terrorist group brought on by the lie of the hands up don’t shoot during the criminal thug Michael Brown incident. The FBI and other Government Law Enforcement groups need to step up and put a stop to this. The Government and blacks would not tolerate the White Supremacist group to march through the streets and call for the murders of a race of people and a group of public servants. I agree there is a race problem in this country. It is not brought on by police officer doing their sworn duty, it is brought on by the government, the President and his cronies Al Sharpton, who is a criminal tax evader (but has the support of our so called President), Jessi Jackson, Eric Holder and that ignorant S.O.B. Farrakhan who should be charged with solicitation for murder, lord knows a white man would be arrested for the same actions of idiot Farakhan. I am sure there are many hard working Black people who will agree with me. I have been a Police Officer for 35 years. I do not judge anyone by the color of their skin, but by there actions. A criminal is a criminal whether a police officer or any other profession. I will not state statistics because black lives matter do not care or believe proven statistics. I put allot of the blame for these cop murders on the media and the way they report police related shootings. There is no need to list or even state the race of a person shot by the police. It is more important to wait for the facts and report those. But and a big but that does not make money for these greedy media ass holes. When a black thug is killed by the police they are all over it as is Mr. Barack Obama. However when a police officer white, black or any race is murdered for doing his job the media is short with it’s reporting or not at all. When a white person is killed by a black officer you hear nothing. Has our so called President spoke publicly about these murders of police officers by blacks, HELL NO he has not. Step up Mr. President, or step down because we do not need you. Has our Attorney General spoke against these murders, no of course not because she was appointed by Barack Obama. Now let me say this, and this is not a threat but common knowledge. I have instructed my officers to be vigilant, if threatened take appropriate action. If that means shoot a thug, then do it and answer for it while you are still alive not dead. Law Enforcement is fed up with this murderous society who want to take out those who protect and serve. Imagine if all law enforcement shut down for just 1 day. There would be murders, rapes, robberies, you name it. America wake up, all of you black, white, Mexican whatever you need the police, we do not need you. End this Black Lives Matter bull shit and start a movement that all lives matter. As for the New Black Panther movement who wants to kill whites and cops, go for it, we are ready for you. You take one of us and there will be 100 who will step up and end you. This letter is not meant to offend anyone, just the feelings of a man who has spent the last 35 years of his life serving and protecting, for what so a thug can take it or to be treated as a criminal by the very people I swore to protect. Let’s get this around folks so maybe our President and the media will get a wake up call. Be safe all of my Brothers and Sisters in blue, not white, black, yellow or brown BLUE.

“that as public employees we are often held to higher level of scrutiny and that even if it is a personal social media account and despite not associating himself directly to the Town in his posting, that some will draw the connection.”

Was he speaking out about some dire threat against his town?

The racial makeup of the town was 97.77% White (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_(U.S._Census)), 0.43% African American (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_(U.S._Census)), 0.07% Native American (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_American_(U.S._Census)), 0.72%Asian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_(U.S._Census)), 0.14% Pacific Islander (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Islander_(U.S._Census)), 0.22% from other races (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(United_States_Census)), and 0.65% from two or more races. Hispanic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic_(U.S._Census)) or Latino (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latino_(U.S._Census)) of any race were 1.01% of the population.

jimnyc
09-17-2015, 08:47 AM
I just wish the same would happen to say, the black teachers we have seen so many times bashing white folks, and other black leaders doing similarly. If a white person says something "racist" and someone is offended, then he or she has to go. If a black person says something racist, and people are offended - 99 out of 100 times excuses are made and nothing happens.

Perianne
09-17-2015, 08:57 AM

Gunny, I would bail you out.

Jeff
09-18-2015, 06:35 AM
Looks like he was fired for saying a lot of things:

I read the article and still think it is ridicules, he told the truth, he said all lives matter, why are they grounds to be fired ?

Was he speaking out about some dire threat against his town?

fj1200
09-18-2015, 09:20 AM
I read the article and still think it is ridicules, he told the truth, he said all lives matter, why are they grounds to be fired ?

He spoke as an employee of the city and the city didn't like what he had to say. He has freedom of speech, he does not have freedom from consequences.

Truth Detector
09-18-2015, 10:45 AM
He spoke as an employee of the city and the city didn't like what he had to say. He has freedom of speech, he does not have freedom from consequences.

He can now sue the city for denying him his Constitutional right of freedom of expression and retain his full pay and pension.

This city is as dumb as the Obama Administration and the media's false narrative of "hands up don't shoot" and the farce that evolved from the false narrative called "black lives matter."

Congratulations; you must be one of those gullible low information Democrat voters.

Gunny
09-18-2015, 11:03 AM
Well we have to make up for slavery and Jim Crow. I mean you and I caused those things.

Well, I never owned any damned slaves and just for the uninformed, guess what neighborhoods are usually outside of military bases where we go to school? They toss up shoddy housing for poor, underpaid enlisted people who don't rate base housing and guess who else moves in? And guess where they bus the kids from to school? The ghetto.

Point is, these whiners had EVERY opportunity the rest of us have had. We were so poor we didn't even know we were poor. We lived hand to mouth because my dad was lower-middle rank enlisted and they don't pay crap. Been there done that in MY day so I've lived the story twice.

Then I look at 5-6 years old kids selling beads on the beach in Indonesia. Mexican kids begging for dimes on the bridge into Tijuana. There isn't anyone in this country that knows what poor is. Poor to the whiners here is no one's giving them a free cell phone and internet.

SO I ain't making up for shit. I never owned a slave. No one in my family ever owned a slave. What my family was was poor dirt farmer Southerners who weren't going to let some assholes in DC come in their yard and tell them what to do with the dirt. AND tax them for using their own dirt.

In short. Quit whining like a little bitch and get a job.

fj1200
09-18-2015, 12:41 PM
He can now sue the city for denying him his Constitutional right of freedom of expression and retain his full pay and pension.

This city is as dumb as the Obama Administration and the media's false narrative of "hands up don't shoot" and the farce that evolved from the false narrative called "black lives matter."

Congratulations; you must be one of those gullible low information Democrat voters.

Congratulations; exactly none of that was accurate. :)

Truth Detector
09-18-2015, 01:01 PM
Congratulations; exactly none of that was accurate. :)

....because you say so. :lame2:

fj1200
09-18-2015, 01:08 PM
....because you say so. :lame2:

Actually because I read the article, understand FoS, know what the city said, and I know who I am and that I have the ability to think logically and rationally. :)

If I didn't know all of that then I would have just responded to your post with, "because you say so. :lame2:"

Gunny
09-18-2015, 01:51 PM
Actually because I read the article, understand FoS, know what the city said, and I know who I am and that I have the ability to think logically and rationally. :)

If I didn't know all of that then I would have just responded to your post with, "because you say so. :lame2:"

You're wrong. Freedom of expression is NOT a one-way street. Selective freedom of expression is Nazi bullshit. I would respond with "practice what you preach".

Let's see how this works ...

If you're white and a redneck and say anything against anyone that isn't, you're racist. If you're a skinhead, you're racist. But if you're a fag you have extra protection. So don't try and act like there's no double standard.

fj1200
09-18-2015, 01:57 PM
You're wrong. Freedom of expression is NOT a one-way street. Selective freedom of expression is Nazi bullshit. I would respond with "practice what you preach".

Let's see how this works ...

If you're white and a redneck and say anything against anyone that isn't, you're racist. If you're a skinhead, you're racist. But if you're a fag you have extra protection. So don't try and act like there's no double standard.

That didn't spell out what I am wrong about. Your examples are FoS, the FaceBook post by the Chief was FoS; no one is going to jail for those actions. The difference is that in any of those examples the one who speaks is not protected from consequences. It might suck but it's true.

Gunny
09-18-2015, 02:15 PM
That didn't spell out what I am wrong about. Your examples are FoS, the FaceBook post by the Chief was FoS; no one is going to jail for those actions. The difference is that in any of those examples the one who speaks is not protected from consequences. It might suck but it's true.

Actually, firing someone for an opinion on facebook is FOS.

Truth Detector
09-18-2015, 03:23 PM
Actually because I read the article,understand FoS, know what the city said, and I know who I am and that I havethe ability to think logically and rationally.
<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/></v:shapetype><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_2" o:spid="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/smilies/smile.png" style='width:12pt; height:12pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\ clip_image001.png" o:title="smile"/></v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png<!--[endif]-->

If I didn't know all of that then I would have just responded to your postwith, "because you say so. <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_1" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/smilies/lame2.gif" style='width:30.75pt;height:34.5pt;visibility:visi ble;mso-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\ clip_image002.gif" o:title="lame2"/></v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif<!--[endif]-->"

So tell me Komrade; when do we assign the speech police to storm troop our internet and tear down our doors to monitor free speech to ensure that it complies with Liberal dumbfuckery?

Here it is again; NO ONE can be fired for posting their speech on their OWN time ANYWHERE…unless, of course, they want a lawsuit on their hands.

That stated, I am hardly surprised that Fascist leftTards think they are the “deciders” of what is acceptable speech and stupidly believe that they can get people fired without consequences.

fj1200
09-21-2015, 10:14 AM
Actually, firing someone for an opinion on facebook is FOS.

:confused: He has freedom of speech, not freedom from consequences.

So tell me Komrade; when do we assign the speech police to storm troop our internet and tear down our doors to monitor free speech to ensure that it complies with Liberal dumbfuckery?

Umm, we don't. But that's not the issue here.

Here it is again; NO ONE can be fired for posting their speech on their OWN time ANYWHERE…unless, of course, they want a lawsuit on their hands.

Umm, yes they can; happens all the time.

That stated, I am hardly surprised that Fascist leftTards think they are the “deciders” of what is acceptable speech and stupidly believe that they can get people fired without consequences.

Yeah, hate it when they do that. :grrr:

Gunny
09-21-2015, 10:24 AM
:confused: He has freedom of speech, not freedom from consequences.

[/FONT][/COLOR]Umm, we don't. But that's not the issue here.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]Umm, yes they can; happens all the time.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Yeah, hate it when they do that. :grrr:

I never said he did. Just remember that next time YOU get hammered for saying something stupid.:laugh:

I think this whole social media crap is stupid and out of control. They spend as much time on the news anymore with "if you want to learn more" or "give us your opinion at" hashtag we suck. Just tell us the damned news? THERE is a shocking plan.

But just knowing how weenies act on message boards is good enough to keep me off twitter and whatever else that crap is, and this story is a PERFECT example. Somebody says something on social media and gets fired for it. I think it's BS.

And just where do you draw the line between freedom of speech and liability? Does that mean all of us who think Obama should be impeached and kicked out of office should be arrested by the hired thugs that protect him and do his bidding?

fj1200
09-21-2015, 10:32 AM
I never said he did. Just remember that next time YOU get hammered for saying something stupid.:laugh:

I think this whole social media crap is stupid and out of control. They spend as much time on the news anymore with "if you want to learn more" or "give us your opinion at" hashtag we suck. Just tell us the damned news? THERE is a shocking plan.

But just knowing how weenies act on message boards is good enough to keep me off twitter and whatever else that crap is, and this story is a PERFECT example. Somebody says something on social media and gets fired for it. I think it's BS.

And just where do you draw the line between freedom of speech and liability? Does that mean all of us who think Obama should be impeached and kicked out of office should be arrested by the hired thugs that protect him and do his bidding?

When I say something stupid? Did you read the last paragraph of your post? :slap: :scared:

I agree with you on social media and the news. Reading what people say on the internet is not news. The liability that this guy had was from his employer especially when he started posting as the police chief.

Gunny
09-21-2015, 10:48 AM
When I say something stupid? Did you read the last paragraph of your post? :slap: :scared:

I agree with you on social media and the news. Reading what people say on the internet is not news. The liability that this guy had was from his employer especially when he started posting as the police chief.

I can see the conflict of interest, but that is part of my point ... my brother posts on there as I am God the Army Ranger or some dumbass crap like that. The people don't realize that once you drag your business into it, your business is IN it. Talk about dumbing down the force. That's my problem with that crap. Did he post AS the police chief, or did he post himself but his profile says he's a police chief?

fj1200
09-21-2015, 11:18 AM
I can see the conflict of interest, but that is part of my point ... my brother posts on there as I am God the Army Ranger or some dumbass crap like that. The people don't realize that once you drag your business into it, your business is IN it. Talk about dumbing down the force. That's my problem with that crap. Did he post AS the police chief, or did he post himself but his profile says he's a police chief?

Open letter from a Police Chief , this Black Lives Matter group ....

Gunny
09-21-2015, 11:23 AM

What about the double standard? Why does he have to resign when the Sheriff of Milwaukee county is all over "Black Lies Matter"?

fj1200
09-21-2015, 11:30 AM
What about the double standard? Why does he have to resign when the Sheriff of Milwaukee county is all over "Black Lies Matter"?

He was fired. And this guy?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d0/Sheriff_Clarke.png

He's an elected official.