PDA

View Full Version : Student punished for wearing American flag shirt

jimnyc
09-17-2015, 09:37 AM
A North Texas student was punished recently for wearing an American flag T-shirt to school.

An administrator at Seagoville High School determined that the shirt violated the dress code.

The boy wearing the shirt, named Jaegur, was facing in-school-suspension on his record, but his mom apparently knew more about the dress code than that educator.

Jaegur’s mom, Shelly Goode, says her son Jaegur does his best to follow the rules.

Jaegur is a junior at Seagoville High School. He’s passionate about ROTC and hopes to earn a scholarship through the program.

“He wants to go into the military,” said Shelly. “He wants to help people, and any bad marks doesn't look good.”

But Monday, Shelly says an administrator asked Jaegur to lift his hoodie.

“Underneath that shirt, he was wearing [the American flag] shirt,” said Shelly.

When Jaegur lifted his hoodie, he was sent to in-school suspension.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/20507938-story

gabosaurus
09-17-2015, 09:54 AM
Mom should read the school dress code before she sends her kid to school.

Tops: Only collared shirts, crew neck tee shirts, crew neck sweatshirts, and crew neck pullover sweaters will be permitted. No V-neck shirts.

Only solid color crew neck tee shirts or sweatshirts will be permitted. NO SCREEN PRINTING IS ALLOWED UNLESS it is armed forces, college, or Dragon Spirit. ONE small manufacturer’s logo (i.e. Polo or Reebok no larger than 2”x3”) will be allowed. No other screen printed shirts will be permitted. Thermal shirts will not be worn as outerwear, but may be worn under clothing.

Noir
09-17-2015, 09:58 AM
You guys really like enforcing enforcing arbitrary dress codes.

jimnyc
09-17-2015, 10:00 AM

No "we" here at all. MOST Americans get pissed at this kind of stuff - which is generally LIBERAL rules and regulations.

Suspension for a t-shirt - and for a pop tart.

gabosaurus
09-17-2015, 10:01 AM
If you lived in an area with a lot of crime and gangs (inner city areas and such), you would want your kids to have a dress code. Not to mention poor areas where some kids can't afford nice clothes and would otherwise get bullied for what they are wearing.

Gunny
09-17-2015, 10:05 AM
A North Texas student was punished recently for wearing an American flag T-shirt to school.

An administrator at Seagoville High School determined that the shirt violated the dress code.

The boy wearing the shirt, named Jaegur, was facing in-school-suspension on his record, but his mom apparently knew more about the dress code than that educator.

Jaegur’s mom, Shelly Goode, says her son Jaegur does his best to follow the rules.

Jaegur is a junior at Seagoville High School. He’s passionate about ROTC and hopes to earn a scholarship through the program.

“He wants to go into the military,” said Shelly. “He wants to help people, and any bad marks doesn't look good.”

You can build a bomb. Just no American flag stuff.

Gunny
09-17-2015, 10:07 AM

Moms who are worthless should be sent to Syria. If you can wear your habib and and all that other BULLshit, fly a Mexican flag, I fucking flying MY flag and you can kiss my ass.

red state
09-17-2015, 11:11 AM

Why don't you go back and reply to JIM on what he put to you yesterday......or are you still in deep thought on that?

I'll ask you this, Noir; is there any situation where you'd pick up a gun and DEFEND an innocent life? Say a cop was attacked, gun knocked out of his hand and ONLY YOU could prevent the muSLUMs from cutting his freakin' head off....would you pick up the gun that slid to your feet and use it?

Oh....by the way, the cop is your favorite uncle.......(What's your answer)? If you can't honestly answer this one.........GO BACK AND REPLY TO THE EXCELLENT POST JIM SERVED YOU YESTERDAY IN REPLY TO YOUR COMMENT.

And THANKS for your honesty in advance....

Noir
09-17-2015, 02:14 PM
Why don't you go back and reply to JIM on what he put to you yesterday......or are you still in deep thought on that?

I'll ask you this, Noir; is there any situation where you'd pick up a gun and DEFEND an innocent life? Say a cop was attacked, gun knocked out of his hand and ONLY YOU could prevent the muSLUMs from cutting his freakin' head off....would you pick up the gun that slid to your feet and use it?

Oh....by the way, the cop is your favorite uncle.......(What's your answer)? If you can't honestly answer this one.........GO BACK AND REPLY TO THE EXCELLENT POST JIM SERVED YOU YESTERDAY IN REPLY TO YOUR COMMENT.

And THANKS for your honesty in advance....

Sure, i'll look up posts from the other day as it concerns you so.

As for your question in this thread (though completely off topic) as a brief answer I'm sure there would be situations in which I would shot another human, anyways, if you want to discuss that further then another thread would be more appropriate.

Perianne
09-17-2015, 02:23 PM

I wonder when this kid will get invited to Obama's White House?

Nukeman
09-17-2015, 02:54 PM

Maybe you should have received ALL the information fro the school before you posted what you did??

Seagoville High is in the Dallas Independent School District. It confirms that flags can be displayed on clothing.
The school’s principal said he was off campus on Monday when the incident happened.
He also explained to Shelly that the in-school suspension time doesn’t go onto a student’s disciplinary record.

DLT
09-18-2015, 08:00 PM
No "we" here at all. MOST Americans get pissed at this kind of stuff - which is generally LIBERAL rules and regulations.

Suspension for a t-shirt - and for a pop tart.

The fascist left....in all their ugly glory. And they feel emboldened these days....like they think they're winning.

Methinks they're in for a very rude awakening.

Gunny
09-18-2015, 08:20 PM
Sure, i'll look up posts from the other day as it concerns you so.

As for your question in this thread (though completely off topic) as a brief answer I'm sure there would be situations in which I would shot another human, anyways, if you want to discuss that further then another thread would be more appropriate.

Says the guy with a rainbow over his face in this thread. You want to fly your faggot-ass colors, shut the Hell up about mine. Who needs another thread where you just say the same crap? Waste of bandwidth, but typical of people like you.

red state
09-22-2015, 11:59 AM
Says the guy with a rainbow over his face in this thread. You want to fly your faggot-ass colors, shut the Hell up about mine. Who needs another thread where you just say the same crap? Waste of bandwidth, but typical of people like you.

Thanks....I had failed to see that reply but it seems that you handled it rather well. I'm sure it'd be interesting to hear about what would drive noir or any other liberal who would TAKE out guns from us YET have a situation where they could see an actual need to shoot someone. Most libs would shoot US as an Obama "Civilian Army". Much like the Brownshirts for Hitler. Truth of the matter, that poor gal in Kentucky has already received good reason for libs to need a gun.