PDA

View Full Version : Left-wingers swear more, Twitter study claims

jimnyc
09-17-2015, 09:51 AM
I don't use Twitter, only read, so don't blame me. :)

------

Left-wingers are more likely to use swear words than their right-leaning counterparts, a study of thousands of Twitter accounts has suggested.

While conservative-leaning individuals are, perhaps unsuprisingly, more likely to use religious terms such as "God" and "psalm", those on the liberal end of the political spectrum are heavy users of "f***" and "s***" online.

Researchers at Queen Mary University in London analysed more than 10,000 Twitter users who follow either the Republican or Democrat party Twitter accounts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/twitter/11871015/Left-wingers-swear-more-Twitter-study-claims.html

gabosaurus
09-17-2015, 09:52 AM
This is a really f*** stupid claim. The story is full of s***. :cool:

Gunny
09-17-2015, 10:23 AM

------

Left-wingers are more likely to use swear words than their right-leaning counterparts, a study of thousands of Twitter accounts has suggested.

While conservative-leaning individuals are, perhaps unsuprisingly, more likely to use religious terms such as "God" and "psalm", those on the liberal end of the political spectrum are heavy users of "f***" and "s***" online.

Researchers at Queen Mary University in London analysed more than 10,000 Twitter users who follow either the Republican or Democrat party Twitter accounts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/twitter/11871015/Left-wingers-swear-more-Twitter-study-claims.html

And they're dumber than red bricks. Don't leave out that part. :)

Perianne
09-17-2015, 12:36 PM
They need their mouths washed out with soap.

Drummond
09-17-2015, 01:04 PM
They need their mouths washed out with soap.

... as I keep on discovering !!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

fj1200
09-17-2015, 03:24 PM
Ann Coulter is a leftie? :eek:

Abbey Marie
09-17-2015, 05:04 PM
We used to see this right on this board, when we had more lefties.

revelarts
09-17-2015, 05:13 PM
I really need to find out how to get grants for some of these "studies".

I want to study if there are more conservatives that enjoy country western than liberals.

I want to study if there are more atheist that are conservatives or atheist that are liberal.

then i want to study if there are more conservative christians that are republican
or more conservative christians that are democrat.

then i want to study if more conservatives are for traditional marriages or more liberals.

there are a lot of studies that i can do if i can just get paid to bring all this hidden knowledge to the public.

DLT
09-18-2015, 09:53 AM
this is a really f*** stupid claim. The story is full of s***. :cool:

lolol!!!

Truth Detector
09-18-2015, 10:38 AM

------

Left wingers are also likely to be more angry, intolerant and less successful than your average Conservative. No news here Jimmy. :laugh::laugh:

Gunny
09-18-2015, 12:21 PM
Left wingers are also likely to be more angry, intolerant and less successful than your average Conservative. No news here Jimmy. :laugh::laugh:

Let's hold on there .... I'm more angry than any freakin' leftwinger ...:laugh:

Don't be trying to give MY thunder away. Hell, if leftwingers were angry they might actually DO something that mattered rather than loot and riot and/or excuse it. :)

Truth Detector
09-18-2015, 03:29 PM
Let's hold on there .... I'm moreangry than any freakin' leftwinger ...
<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/></v:shapetype><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_4" o:spid="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif" style='width:11.25pt; height:11.25pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\ clip_image001.gif" o:title="laugh"/></v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif<!--[endif]-->

Don't be trying to give MY thunder away. Hell, if leftwingers were angry theymight actually DO something that mattered rather than loot and riot and/orexcuse it. <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_3" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/smilies/smile.png" style='width:12pt;height:12pt;visibility:visible;m so-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\ clip_image002.png" o:title="smile"/></v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.png<!--[endif]-->

Yes, BUT, there is a difference. You’re probably angry because you aresurrounded by Liberal dumbfucks making really stupid statements and doingreally stupid things.

LeftTards are angry because they can’t force EVERYONE tokowtow to their idiotic Government dependency agenda.

DLT
09-18-2015, 05:22 PM

------

To be fair...it's not just lefties that swear a lot. It seems to be a perversion of the American culture (these days) to swear a lot. I blame Hollyweird and left-wing media mostly...Hollyweird for putting out so many flicks with swearing peppered (every other word) in the dialogue and left-wing media for not just turning a blind eye to it, but for almost fawning over celeb types that use it (again, every other word) to communicate. Many or most current music industry icons (especially rap, hiphop, gangsta style musicians) can't speak without using the "f" word and other colorful (pardon pun) phrases and words.

It's (swearing) like a bad habit you pick up by osmosis (being around it, hearing it all the time, etc.). My first husband, for instance, used cusswords all the time ...not out of anger, but just as a general rule, since ....his demeanor was generally happy and pleasant. He just swore a lot. And yes, after a decade of being around such verbage...you do tend to pick it up yourself.

I catch myself cussing if or when some idiot almost runs into me or pulls out in front of me while driving. And on rare occasions, I either seem to get up 'in a mood' and end up swearing more during the day..... or some news item ...like this one, for instance (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-to-nominate-first-openly-gay-service-secretary-to-lead-the-army/2015/09/18/d4b1aafe-5e30-11e5-8e9e-dce8a2a2a679_story.html)....gets me hopping mad and next thing I know, I'm using that 'f' word myself an awful lot. My ex-bf/roommate/later boss gets a chuckle whenever I'm in one of those moods. He always tells me "Calm down, take a chill pill, take a deep breath"...while laughing his @ss off at me. He's a Capricorn that rarely, if ever, loses his composure.

It is what it is. It's a culture dysfunction. And I daresay that many of us are guilty of it from time to time, as well.

Russ
09-18-2015, 08:48 PM
Liberals always follow these 5 rules, in order, when responding to a Conservative:

Rule 1. Restate the Statement - Always restate the Conservative's statement in terms that sound unfair. For example, if a Conservative says they are against abortion, always restate it as they are "against women's health".

Rule 2. Accuse them of a "War on" (fill in some innocent sounding group) - Beginner Liberals will quickly get the hang of sliding from Rule #1 to Rule #2. If a Conservative doesn't want to create equal pay for men and women via some government panels regulating all salaries, then they are part of the "War on Women".

Rule 3. Demand an Apology - Liberals think that anything a Conservative says requires an apology For example, saying the name "Bruce Jenner" nowadays requires an apology, even though he's still technically a dude. Donald Trump is even now being asked to apologize for not saying anything when a questioner compared Obama to a Muslim.
Rule 3a. A subsection of Rule #3 is that a Liberal never actually accepts any apology that is foolishly offered.

Rule 4. Demand their Job and/or Freedom - Ask police officers about this one. Any cop who arrests a minority without video proof of being polite and deferential to the minority at all times - demand that the cop be fired immediately, and then also prosecuted.

Rule 5. Curse! - Use every word in the Dictionary of Slang when referring to Conservatives. Most Liberals consider this the funnest rule. NOTE: Advanced Liberals can escalate through all 5 rules within a matter of seconds. Some even skip right to Rule #5, although that is often frowned upon.

Perianne
09-18-2015, 09:12 PM
It's (swearing) like a bad habit you pick up by osmosis (being around it, hearing it all the time, etc.). My first husband, for instance, used cusswords all the time ...not out of anger, but just as a general rule, since ....his demeanor was generally happy and pleasant. He just swore a lot. And yes, after a decade of being around such verbage...you do tend to pick it up yourself.

I placed a cost on my husband using bad words. He could choose bad words during the day, or me at night. But not both. So, he gave up using bad words around me. He probably said them at work.

sundaydriver
09-19-2015, 06:13 AM
Several years ago I took a job in a Blend Plant formulating vitamin & mineral mixes for cereals, drinks, etc. The workers in the plant swore like crazy and it seemed like a contest of who could drop the f-bomb the most in each broken sentence spoken. It was soon noticed that I didn't curse when speaking with them and it became apparent that it bothered some that I didn't curse in general conversation when I was asked why I didn't curse. I explained that I did curse, but only on the occasion of really stressing a point because that's when you know I'm really pissed and cursing in general conversations just dilutes it's effectiveness of use.