PDA

View Full Version : NEVER Give Me Kids .. Uncle Grandpa is a SHow?

Gunny
09-18-2015, 03:16 PM
:wtf:

This is supposed to be okay for children? Holy crap. I need to go back into my own little world.:sleep:

Motown
09-25-2015, 11:28 AM
It is a show but suitable for kids is up for debate. I'm not sure there any shows suitable for kids. The creators seem to think that parents watch the shows with the kids and they do put a lot of adult references in these shows. My kids are grown now but the show I remember having to do the most damage control with was Captain Planet.

Gunny
09-25-2015, 12:14 PM
It is a show but suitable for kids is up for debate. I'm not sure there any shows suitable for kids. The creators seem to think that parents watch the shows with the kids and they do put a lot of adult references in these shows. My kids are grown now but the show I remember having to do the most damage control with was Captain Planet.

NO. We're hitting the $5 bin for I Love Lucy and Bugs Bunny. These new cartoons are creepy. I usually watch violent stuff, but I never did in front of kids. The left will tell you different but TV DOES influence children. I thought I was Matt Dillon, Josh Randall and Lucas McCain all rolled into one.

Problem is, where I live, we have the lousiest cable I've had since 1984. The GF pays a fortune for minimal crap. You want more, you pay more. If I'm going to fork out $300 a month, I'm getting a new truck.

Motown
09-25-2015, 01:05 PM
NO. We're hitting the $5 bin for I Love Lucy and Bugs Bunny. These new cartoons are creepy. I usually watch violent stuff, but I never did in front of kids. The left will tell you different but TV DOES influence children. I thought I was Matt Dillon, Josh Randall and Lucas McCain all rolled into one.

Problem is, where I live, we have the lousiest cable I've had since 1984. The GF pays a fortune for minimal crap. You want more, you pay more. If I'm going to fork out $300 a month, I'm getting a new truck.

Understand there are no more shows for kids.

Gunny
09-26-2015, 10:45 AM
Understand there are no more shows for kids.

Yeah, I got that. Should see what the teens watch. It's like WTF? I haven't watched network TV since the 80s. Cable's as bad. They just throw crap out there that IMO is mindless BS. Matter of fact, most of the news is mindless BS as well.

My actual granddaughter LOVES Yo Gabba Gabba. I was like WTF is this? Better than my older granddaughter who was the Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go kid. Thought I was going to go insane babysitting her. :laugh:

I need to get out of the kid business. I sat at dinner a few nights ago and listened to two teenage girls gab away (instead of eating their damned food, mind you) and didn't understand a damned thing they were talking about. I kind of gathered they are completely oblivious to the rest of the world.

Always hear the complaint about how violent Popeye, Bugs Bunny et al were, but anyone saying THAT and endorsing what's on now is full of it. The characters all look like they came out of a Freddy Krueger movie.