PDA

View Full Version : Delivery?

Abbey Marie
09-19-2015, 04:59 PM
I'm doing my own little research project. Where I grew up (NYC), all the Chinese restaurants delivered. Where I used to live (Philly), and live now (Delaware), no such thing. (But the pizza places do).

Do the Chinese restaurants in your city/town/village deliver? I'm curious to see if there is a pattern. I don't think it is based solely on population, as Philly is a big city.

Perianne
09-19-2015, 05:06 PM
I'm doing my own little research project. Where I grew up (NYC), all the Chinese restaurants delivered. Where I used to live (Philly), and live now (Delaware), no such thing. (But the pizza places do).

Do the Chinese restaurants in your city/town/village deliver? I'm curious to see if there is a pattern. I don't think it is based solely on population, as Philly is a big city.

There is a seemingly infinite number of Chinese delivery places here. Same for pizza.

Gunny
09-19-2015, 05:09 PM

It better not tick or you'll be invited to the White House. :laugh:

In DC, EVERYTHING delivers. San Antonio, kind of. NOTHING delivers in Illinois except birds. I don't recall getting delivery in Southern CA. Probably was too poor at the time. That, and if you don't live within two minutes of a fast food junk joint there, you're in the desert.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
09-19-2015, 05:14 PM
There is a seemingly infinite number of Chinese delivery places here. Same for pizza.

Thanks, but where is here?

Perianne
09-19-2015, 05:18 PM
Thanks, but where is here?

Lexington, Kentucky.

Abbey Marie
09-19-2015, 05:26 PM
Lexington, Kentucky.

Thanks! :cool:

Gunny
09-19-2015, 05:32 PM
Lexington, Kentucky.

One of life's disappointments: The "Blue grass State" ain't got any friggin' blue grass. And yes, I WAS dumb enough to look. :laugh:

Kathianne
09-19-2015, 06:23 PM

Chicago, yes. Burbs just starting. AZ, no

Gunny
09-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Chicago, yes. Burbs just starting. AZ, no

You don't have good delivery in Phoenix? That's surprising to me.

Kathianne
09-20-2015, 12:37 AM
You don't have good delivery in Phoenix? That's surprising to me.

I'm not in Phoenix. Am in high desert, Sedona.

Black Diamond
09-20-2015, 01:57 AM

Was just up there yesterday at the cowboy club.

Kathianne
09-20-2015, 07:37 AM
Was just up there yesterday at the cowboy club.

Dang! I was in Chicago or the air or sitting in Sky Harbor or a van most of yesterday. LOL! Next time let me know, we'll meet for a taco or something!

Gunny
09-20-2015, 07:42 AM

I feel for you. Delivery in 29 Palms usually came from an f-14.:laugh:

jimnyc
09-20-2015, 07:50 AM
I'm in NY and we can get anything delivered. Chinese, Italian, Mexican, Diner, Chicken.... and then we even have little services that will pickup and deliver for you, so we can even get delivery from places that don't deliver. :)

Gunny
09-20-2015, 08:04 AM
I'm in NY and we can get anything delivered. Chinese, Italian, Mexican, Diner, Chicken.... and then we even have little services that will pickup and deliver for you, so we can even get delivery from places that don't deliver. :)

Same in DC. San Antonio is pretty good too as long as you know who is delivering.

jimnyc
09-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Same in DC. San Antonio is pretty good too as long as you know who is delivering.

Hell, you can even get strangers to deliver drugs to you here in NY! :laugh: I was browsing local Craigslist one day and I see a guy offering "420" and talking about how it's the best, and that he delivers and such. Of course I know the local police will likely be delivering, but still thought it was kinda funny.

NightTrain
09-20-2015, 08:16 AM
No Chinese delivery here in my area, even though there's probably a dozen different ones... if you want delivery, it's gotta be Pizza or Italian.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever had Chinese delivery.

namvet
09-20-2015, 08:32 PM
http://onlyinthiscity.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/only-in-CA-chinese-buffet.jpg

yes we have one locally that delivers. but overseas during the war i saw em eating fish heads and rice, no more Chine me

tailfins
09-20-2015, 08:37 PM
In Dallas, you can get any kind of food you want delivered from a service called Dining In.

https://www.diningin.com/a-la-carte/restaurant/Dallas/75201

WiccanLiberal
09-21-2015, 08:46 AM
I'be lived in several towns. Delivery varies. By me presently got a couple of delivery Chinese places and one really fine Italian place.

KitchenKitten99
09-22-2015, 05:30 PM
Delivery services exist in the DT Mpls/St Paul area. Some restaurants offer it themselves (usually the Indian and Thai places will within a mile or so from their restaurant), but there are outside companies that offer this as an add-on such as Restaurant Connection and Bite Squad. I know how they work and make a profit on their delivery services, and not many restaurants want to do it that way. I don't blame them. So far this kind of service seems to be mostly with ethnic restaurants like Thai and Indian. A few American pubs use them too.

Outside the DT area and into the suburbs, the only delivery you will see is pizza and Jimmy John's. Although if you want something like subs and hoagies, etc, Davanni's also has those aside from their pizza. Broadway Pizza (the only real Davanni's competitor) has burgers and chicken sandwiches, etc that you can also order for delivery besides pizza.

I wished more places delivered just because of the hassle factor some days. I may live out in 'the country' but if I go anywhere from 2 to 5 miles in any direction, I have pretty much anything I want. I just don't want to some days, lol.

Link to Restaurant Connection as an example: http://www.restaurantconnectionusa.com/minneapolis

namvet
09-22-2015, 05:55 PM
where we live now only Pizza Hut delivers. we're just far enough out of everyone else's range