PDA

View Full Version : 1986

Perianne
09-19-2015, 10:02 PM
I was a newlywed, in nursing school, and was 29 old. Kentucky beat Florida in football 10-3 on November 15, 1986.

Tonight Florida beat Kentucky 14-9 for the 29th consecutive time, the longest active streak of one team beating another.

Maybe next year. :(

Black Diamond
09-19-2015, 10:42 PM
That was before Spurrier, yes?

Gunny
09-20-2015, 07:40 AM
That was before Spurrier, yes?

Steve Spurrier. Perrenial backup for the 49ers and the worst, most sour-pussed loser in history. He may have been coach. Last time UK won, IIRC was when Eric Watts played. I couldn't tell you the exact year. Watts decided to follow daddy Bill's footsteps into professional wrestling instead of playing football. BAD move. He never caught on, even in his dad's promotion.

As a University of Miami fan, the FL Gators SUCK. ANY day they lose is a good day.

Gunny
09-30-2015, 10:19 PM
I keep looking at this thread and remembering. In 1986 I could bench press 350 pounds and clean and press 235 and could run 3 miles in 21 minutes. Had two black belts and was working on my third. I could shoot from 1500 meters without glasses on a M-14. MTV actually played music videos, the Weather Channel actually gave you the weather, and Headline News actually gave you headline news. Ronald Reagan was our CinC. Hell, I even still had hair then.:laugh:

I remember 1986 very well.

NightTrain
09-30-2015, 11:05 PM
1986... I was 15, had a broken leg and was in a cast from my toes all the way to my groin for 16 weeks. It sucked!

On the upside, I didn't have to chop as much wood that year. I did, however, do a shitload of dishes.

I would have taken chopping wood any day!

Gunny
09-30-2015, 11:09 PM
1986... I was 15, had a broken leg and was in a cast from my toes all the way to my groin for 16 weeks. It sucked!

On the upside, I didn't have to chop as much wood that year. I did, however, do a shitload of dishes.

I would have taken chopping wood any day!

Was 1981 and that cast for me. Was 21. Try being a jarhead on crutches. I got screwed with for 3 months. I used to break that SOB once every 10 days or so just so I could scratch my damned leg.:laugh:

NightTrain
09-30-2015, 11:14 PM
Was 1981 and that cast for me. Was 21. Try being a jarhead on crutches. I got screwed with for 3 months. I used to break that SOB once every 10 days or so just so I could scratch my damned leg.:laugh:

Best feeling in the world when I finally got that damned nasty, sticky cast off my leg and rubbed my skin for the first time in months!

Gunny
09-30-2015, 11:18 PM
Best feeling in the world when I finally got that damned nasty, sticky cast off my leg and rubbed my skin for the first time in months!

No shit, brother. I'm with ya. Sumbitch from your hip to your foot and itch at the knee. Probably where we transfer to the waterboarding thread. That was F-ing torture. :laugh:

LongTermGuy
10-01-2015, 12:27 AM
.....1986..was a young successful dude...(a know it all (you know the Type)....but was still learning about life) was running a house of Pleasure...drove a new red corvette..Automatic... (had the tuned port injection engine) ....and counted my blessing every day I stayed alive...:laugh:

NightTrain
10-01-2015, 12:32 AM
.....1986..was a young successful dude...(a know it all (you know the Type)....but was still learning about life) was running a house of Pleasure...drove a new red corvette..Automatic... (had the tuned port injection engine) ....and counted my blessing every day I stayed alive...:laugh:

Haha!

I never would have expected you to be a former pimp, LTG!

Now that's some funny shit! :laugh2:

Gunny
10-01-2015, 12:48 AM

Interesting how people see things. I had a little hazel-eyed, curly blond haired girl that called me "Dy-a-a-a-ady" (she IS Southern). She'd come running up in her princess dress and stride rite hightops (that daddy the Marine kept polished to a sheen) and pile on me. She's STILL my little princess to this day. She'd climb up,hand me a book and say "Daddy, read me story". It was always the same damned book too.:laugh:

Your story sounds more like 1978 for me. Lived in Miami and being nice was NOT on my list. Rode a KZ-1000. Got the knee to prove it. Why I haven't had a bike since.

Black Diamond
10-01-2015, 02:28 AM
Steve Spurrier. Perrenial backup for the 49ers and the worst, most sour-pussed loser in history. He may have been coach. Last time UK won, IIRC was when Eric Watts played. I couldn't tell you the exact year. Watts decided to follow daddy Bill's footsteps into professional wrestling instead of playing football. BAD move. He never caught on, even in his dad's promotion.

As a University of Miami fan, the FL Gators SUCK. ANY day they lose is a good day.

Jimmy Johnson's team. Was 1986 the Flutie hail Mary?

Motown
10-01-2015, 02:46 AM
Jimmy Johnson's team. Was 1986 the Flutie hail Mary?

That was in 1984.

Black Diamond
10-01-2015, 02:57 AM
That was in 1984.

Was testaverde the opposing qb?

Motown
10-01-2015, 03:23 AM
Was testaverde the opposing qb?

Bernie Kosar.

Black Diamond
10-01-2015, 03:29 AM
Bernie Kosar.

Oh I forgot about him.

LongTermGuy
10-01-2015, 06:52 AM
Interesting how people see things. I had a little hazel-eyed, curly blond haired girl that called me "Dy-a-a-a-ady" (she IS Southern). She'd come running up in her princess dress and stride rite hightops (that daddy the Marine kept polished to a sheen) and pile on me. She's STILL my little princess to this day. She'd climb up,hand me a book and say "Daddy, read me story". It was always the same damned book too.:laugh:

Your story sounds more like 1978 for me. Lived in Miami and being nice was NOT on my list. Rode a KZ-1000. Got the knee to prove it. Why I haven't had a bike since.

.....Didnt "see" anything ...*things just happen.....it was a learning experience in life........just like my little girl "Casey".......... God called and needed her at the age of 10.....Yes I too spent much time in Miami area on and off....

Gunny
10-01-2015, 08:09 AM
.....Didnt "see" anything ...*things just happen.....it was a learning experience in life........just like my little girl "Casey".......... God called and needed her at the age of 10.....Yes I too spent much time in Miami area on and off....

Sorry to hear that. I would have been devastated.

Miami was "life in the fast lane". Haven't been back.

Perianne
10-01-2015, 08:11 AM

I can't imagine the pain of losing a child. I am soooo sorry, LTG.

Gunny
10-07-2015, 02:25 PM
I can't imagine the pain of losing a child. I am soooo sorry, LTG.

I still had hair in 1986. :)