PDA

View Full Version : GOP candidate Carson: Islam inconsistent with Constitution

jimnyc
09-20-2015, 10:00 AM
Excellent!! I love that he was willing to say this!!!

---

WASHINGTON – Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson says he doesn't believe a Muslim should be elected president.

Carson is a devout Christian and says a president's faith should matter to voters if it runs counter to America's values.

Responding to a question on NBC's "Meet the Press," Carson describes the Islamic faith as inconsistent with the Constitution.

He says he "absolutely would not agree" that "we put a Muslim in charge of this nation."

Carson's comments come amid fallout over Republican Donald Trump's refusal last week to take issue with a man during a campaign event who wrongly called President Barack Obama a Muslim and said Muslims are "a problem in this country." Obama is Christian.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/20/gop-candidate-carson-islam-inconsistent-with-constitution-muslim-shouldnt-be/

NightTrain
09-20-2015, 10:03 AM
+1 for Carson.

DLT
09-20-2015, 10:29 AM

---

WASHINGTON – Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson says he doesn't believe a Muslim should be elected president.

Carson is a devout Christian and says a president's faith should matter to voters if it runs counter to America's values.

Responding to a question on NBC's "Meet the Press," Carson describes the Islamic faith as inconsistent with the Constitution.

He says he "absolutely would not agree" that "we put a Muslim in charge of this nation."

Carson's comments come amid fallout over Republican Donald Trump's refusal last week to take issue with a man during a campaign event who wrongly called President Barack Obama a Muslim and said Muslims are "a problem in this country." Obama is Christian.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/20/gop-candidate-carson-islam-inconsistent-with-constitution-muslim-shouldnt-be/

I'm still not impressed with the very soft-spoken (weak?) Carson. Certainly not as presidential material. He'd make a great Surgeon General though.

Drummond
09-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Nice of him to state the bleedin' obvious ...

No doubt Obama disapproves (.. there's another example ...).

CSM
09-21-2015, 06:01 AM
I'm still not impressed with the very soft-spoken (weak?) Carson. Certainly not as presidential material. He'd make a great Surgeon General though.

Some of the most soft spoken men I know are the most courageous, honorable and dangerous (to their enemies) that I know. They sure as hell are NOT weak!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-21-2015, 07:43 AM

---

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?51711-GOP-candidate-Carson-Muslim-shouldn-t-be-elected-president

Great minds think alike my friend. I posted a thread on the same topic and Carson's words about Islam yesterday but had not seen your thread before doing that.. An error due to my not being able to read as much here as before.
Family duties and extra work limiting my time is a downer.
Carson, a man of great integrity speaks truth.
He warns the blinded and the gullible about Islam.
If Trump is not careful I will switch over to Carson as my number one pick!--Tyr

LongTermGuy
09-21-2015, 09:25 AM

*Understand...a Great ..nice man...would be a great "adviser" ...VP....IMO.

gabosaurus
09-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Religious fear and bigotry has long played a part in presidential election politics. In a past campaign, a candidate was frequently attacked for his religious beliefs. There was fear his stated religion would put him open to outside influences. To which he replied:

"...whatever one's religion may be . . . for the office holder nothing takes precedence over his oath to uphold the Constitution and all its parts."

DLT
09-21-2015, 09:45 AM
*Understand...a Great ..nice man...would be a great "adviser" ...VP....IMO.

Yes, advisor ....not leadership.

And just where have you been all week??? You cheatin on us? 7666

fj1200
09-21-2015, 10:48 AM

---

Which parts?

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 10:58 AM
Which parts?

The fact that Islam is inconsistent with our constitution. And therefore no Muslim running the highest office. I don't trust someone to protect and abide by the COTUS if they live a life contrary to much of it. Every Muslim I have known tells me that Shariah and being Muslim is ONE, and cannot be pulled apart. It would be hard for me to believe that a Muslim would protect so many freedoms, when Shariah teaches opposite in many areas.

Gunny
09-21-2015, 11:03 AM
Some of the most soft spoken men I know are the most courageous, honorable and dangerous (to their enemies) that I know. They sure as hell are NOT weak!

Ain't that about right? It's always the quiet little guy that steps up and mans the line.

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 11:05 AM

Ain't that about right? It's always the quiet little guy that steps up and mans the line.

Been reading a bit about Carson over the weekend. I wouldn't mind him being in the WH at all. Damn, that's one smart cookie there.

Gunny
09-21-2015, 11:06 AM
The fact that Islam is inconsistent with our constitution. And therefore no Muslim running the highest office. I don't trust someone to protect and abide by the COTUS if they live a life contrary to much of it. Every Muslim I have known tells me that Shariah and being Muslim is ONE, and cannot be pulled apart. It would be hard for me to believe that a Muslim would protect so many freedoms, when Shariah teaches opposite in many areas.

Sharia law is nothing but oppression and bigotry. NOBODY that follows Sharia law should ever be President here.

Gunny
09-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Been reading a bit about Carson over the weekend. I wouldn't mind him being in the WH at all. Damn, that's one smart cookie there.

I'd vote for him in a minute, but just wait. The left is reeling a regrouping. They haven't reacted well to a sudden change of pace except for Hillary to try and play "outsider". I saw that this AM. I was like, REALLY? Miss I've Had My Nose in Everyone's Shit since 1992? Only thing she's been outside of is Bill's bedroom.

Can hear it now ... "Carson lied to his kindergarten teacher and was busted for jaywalking ..." He is a threat. Anyone who is such the leftwing MSM will go after. They're just regrouping.

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 11:21 AM
Sharia law is nothing but oppression and bigotry. NOBODY that follows Sharia law should ever be President here.

And yep, ANY devout Muslim will tell you about Sharia. Some will try and hide the negative things, and the discrimination and abuse and such. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to look around the world, to follow Sharia penalties over the last century, to follow what is demanded of them if they are Muslim. They would need to 100% separate themselves from religion when making decisions, and their own beliefs state they cannot do that.

fj1200
09-21-2015, 11:21 AM

That is opinion. One could argue that Christianity is inconsistent. But I'd agree that anyone who desire a theocracy is incompatible with the Constitution and many other forms of government for that matter.

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 11:23 AM
That is opinion. One could argue that Christianity is inconsistent. But I'd agree that anyone who desire a theocracy is incompatible with the Constitution and many other forms of government for that matter.

If the COTUS allows for FOS, and a Muslim beliefs are that one should be penalized for so - that is a FACT. And that's just one off the top of my head. It's a FACT that they are against certain freedoms that our country holds dear - hence the fact that so many Muslims chant and/or carry posters that state "fuck freedom, fuck the USA" and other similar things. They believe equal freedom for women is not a good thing. That oughta go over well.

fj1200
09-21-2015, 11:32 AM
If the COTUS allows for FOS, and a Muslim beliefs are that one should be penalized for so - that is a FACT. And that's just one off the top of my head. It's a FACT that they are against certain freedoms that our country holds dear - hence the fact that so many Muslims chant and/or carry posters that state "fuck freedom, fuck the USA" and other similar things. They believe equal freedom for women is not a good thing. That oughta go over well.

We elect a President, not a dictator.

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 11:38 AM
We elect a President, not a dictator.

And that's why no one who is dedicated to Sharia should be elected to the highest office, as Sharia IS Islam, and Sharia runs afoul of the constitution. Just reading the words of it clearly shows it cannot be followed AND the COTUS at the same time - unless the Muslim is willing to NOT follow Sharia and then therefore run afoul of his entire being, since being Muslim IS apart of Sharia. In other words, so long as someone is Muslim, they MUST follow Sharia. Sharia is even referred to as "the Islamic way of life".

So maybe I would revisit my response if this person declared they weren't Muslim and also wouldn't follow Sharia.

Abbey Marie
09-21-2015, 11:40 AM

:clap:

Gunny
09-21-2015, 11:43 AM
And yep, ANY devout Muslim will tell you about Sharia. Some will try and hide the negative things, and the discrimination and abuse and such. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to look around the world, to follow Sharia penalties over the last century, to follow what is demanded of them if they are Muslim. They would need to 100% separate themselves from religion when making decisions, and their own beliefs state they cannot do that.

I'm kinda versed on Sharia law. They won't let you off the boat if you haven't been through the classes.

They can't separate from their religion anymore than we can. There lies the conundrum. Be tolerant or destroy them. We've wiped them out several times and they keep popping back up like fire ants.

fj1200
09-21-2015, 11:43 AM
And that's why no one who is dedicated to Sharia should be elected to the highest office, as Sharia IS Islam, and Sharia runs afoul of the constitution. Just reading the words of it clearly shows it cannot be followed AND the COTUS at the same time - unless the Muslim is willing to NOT follow Sharia and then therefore run afoul of his entire being, since being Muslim IS apart of Sharia. In other words, so long as someone is Muslim, they MUST follow Sharia. Sharia is even referred to as "the Islamic way of life".

So maybe I would revisit my response if this person declared they weren't Muslim and also wouldn't follow Sharia.

Muslims can only be dictators? Interesting. Are there examples of duly elected Muslims running around otherwise democratic countries lopping off all heads of apostates for example?

Abbey Marie
09-21-2015, 11:44 AM

And he would no doubt be swearing his oath on this little goody:

http://www.jaisiyaram.com/images/diarypages_large/10863_13jun12.gif

fj1200
09-21-2015, 11:44 AM
I'm kinda versed on Sharia law. They won't let you off the boat if you haven't been through the classes.

They can't separate from their religion anymore than we can. There lies the conundrum. Be tolerant or destroy them. We've wiped them out several times and they keep popping back up like fire ants.

Sure we can, we've been doing it for quite some time now.

Abbey Marie
09-21-2015, 11:48 AM

I used to work with a fairly short, glasses-wearing, soft-spoken guy. The kind of guy you don't usually even notice. You know, intelligent, Mr. Peabody type.

Turns out, he was in Special Forces in Viet Nam (and yes, Cambodia, though he wouldn't talk about it). And the one time I saw him get angry, I took a few steps back.

I learned a valuable lesson the easy way from knowing him. If you judge someone by their outward appearance or manner of speaking, you could be making a very serious mistake.

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Muslims can only be dictators? Interesting. Are there examples of duly elected Muslims running around otherwise democratic countries lopping off all heads of apostates for example?

I'm not debating stupidity with you. If you have no issue with Sharia and those who literally live by it and run their lives by it, so be it. I don't hold a grudge. But it's a FACT that Sharia runs counter to our COTUS in MANY ways. What one would be doing is fully expecting the person running would then completely separate themselves from the way of life they have always known. Sorry, simply won't trust someone to do that, not unless they FULLY do so before entering the race. If they refuse to, then they also refuse to walk away from Sharia. Then therefore shouldn't be in the WH.

And yeah, there are Muslims cutting off heads as penalties in almost EVERY Islamic lead nation, and the overwhelming majority of the time its because it's a penalty from Sharia. Hell, Saudi's just cut off a head last week, and the leaders approved of it. Don't get caught stealing or drinking or other penalties that would get you a slap on the wrist here, or minor jail time.

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 11:50 AM

Of course he would, it would be a HUGE sin otherwise. And everything within that book would then play a part in the decisions made by our lovely new muslim leader.

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 11:51 AM
Sure we can, we've been doing it for quite some time now.

Because our "laws" don't DICTATE the fact that we MUST follow our religion at ALL times, and our laws aren't dictated by our religion daily.

fj1200
09-21-2015, 11:53 AM
I'm not debating stupidity with you. If you have no issue with Sharia and those who literally live by it and run their lives by it, so be it. I don't hold a grudge. But it's a FACT that Sharia runs counter to our COTUS in MANY ways. What one would be doing is fully expecting the person running would then completely separate themselves from the way of life they have always known. Sorry, simply won't trust someone to do that, not unless they FULLY do so before entering the race. If they refuse to, then they also refuse to walk away from Sharia. Then therefore shouldn't be in the WH.

And yeah, there are Muslims cutting off heads as penalties in almost EVERY Islamic lead nation, and the overwhelming majority of the time its because it's a penalty from Sharia. Hell, Saudi's just cut off a head last week, and the leaders approved of it. Don't get caught stealing or drinking or other penalties that would get you a slap on the wrist here, or minor jail time.

So don't debate it with me. Is Ellison from MN going to start lopping off heads? I'm pretty sure he's not. The issue is does he respect the Constitution not just shrieking about Sharia.

And I said democratically elected countries.

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Sharia is a now a familiar term to Muslims and non-Muslims. It can often be heard in news stories about politics, crime, feminism, terrorism and civilisation.

All aspects of a Muslim's life are governed by Sharia. Sharia law comes from a combination of sources including the Qur'an (the Muslim holy book), the Hadith (sayings and conduct of the prophet Muhammad) and fatwas (the rulings of Islamic scholars).

Many people, including Muslims, misunderstand Sharia. It's often associated with the amputation of limbs, death by stoning, lashes and other medieval punishments. Because of this, it is sometimes thought of as draconian. Some people in the West view Sharia as archaic and unfair social ideas that are imposed upon people who live in Sharia-controlled countires.

Many Muslims, however, hold a different view. In the Islamic tradition Sharia is seen as something that nurtures humanity. They see the Sharia not in the light of something primitive but as something divinely revealed. In a society where social problems are endemic, Sharia frees humanity to realise its individual potential.
Sharia in the UK

Dr Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury, gave his comments on implementing Sharia in the UK in a Radio 4 interview.

A discussion of Sharia

Dr Usama Hasan is the imam of the Tawhid Mosque and an advisor to the London Sharia Council. Faisal Aqtab is a barrister and head of the Hijaz College Islamic University. Dr Haleh Afshar is Professor in Politics at York University.

They discuss the Muslim vision of Islamic law, the source and interpretation of Sharia, punishments and the status of women.

For Muslims, life did not begin at birth, but a long time before that. Before even the creation of the first man. It began when God created the souls of everyone who would ever exist and asked them, "Am I not your Lord?" They all replied, "Yea."

God decreed for each soul a time on earth so that He might try them. Then, after the completion of their appointed terms, He would judge them and send them to their eternal destinations: either one of endless bliss, or one of everlasting grief.

This life, then, is a journey that presents to its wayfarers many paths. Only one of these paths is clear and straight. This path is the Sharia.

Divine guidance

In Arabic, Sharia means "the clear, well-trodden path to water". Islamically, it is used to refer to the matters of religion that God has legislated for His servants. The linguistic meaning of Sharia reverberates in its technical usage: just as water is vital to human life, so the clarity and uprightness of Sharia is the means of life for souls and minds.

Throughout history, God has sent messengers to people all over the world, to guide them to the straight path that would lead them to happiness in this world and the one to follow. All messengers taught the same message about belief (the Qur'an teaches that all messengers called people to the worship of the One God), but the specific prescriptions of the divine laws regulating people's lives varied according to the needs of his people and time.

The Prophet Muhammad (God bless him and give him peace) was the final messenger and his Sharia represents the ultimate manifestation of the divine mercy.

"Today I have perfected your way of life (din) for you, and completed My favour upon you, and have chosen Islam as your way of life." (Qur'an, 5:3) The Prophet himself was told that, "We have only sent you are a mercy for all creation." (Qur'an, 21:179)

Legal rulings

The Sharia regulates all human actions and puts them into five categories: obligatory, recommended, permitted, disliked or forbidden.

Obligatory actions must be performed and when performed with good intentions are rewarded. The opposite is forbidden action. Recommended action is that which should be done and the opposite is disliked action. Permitted action is that which is neither encouraged nor discouraged. Most human actions fall in this last category.

The ultimate worth of actions is based on intention and sincerity, as mentioned by the Prophet, who said, "Actions are by intentions, and one shall only get that which one intended."
Life under the Sharia

The Sharia covers all aspects of human life. Classical Sharia manuals are often divided into four parts: laws relating to personal acts of worship, laws relating to commercial dealings, laws relating to marriage and divorce, and penal laws.
Legal philosophy

God sent prophets and books to humanity to show them the way to happiness in this life, and success in the hereafter. This is encapsulated in the believer's prayer, stated in the Qur'an, "Our Lord, give us good in this life and good in the next, and save us from the punishment of the Fire." (2:201)

The legal philosophers of Islam, such as Ghazali, Shatibi, and Shah Wali Allah explain that the aim of Sharia is to promote human welfare. This is evident in the Qur'an, and teachings of the Prophet.

The scholars explain that the welfare of humans is based on the fulfillment of necessities, needs, and comforts.
Necessities

Necessities are matters that worldly and religious life depend upon. Their omission leads to unbearable hardship in this life, or punishment in the next. There are five necessities: preservation of religion, life, intellect, lineage, and wealth. These ensure individual and social welfare in this life and the hereafter.

The Sharia protects these necessities in two ways: firstly by ensuring their establishment and then by preserving them.

To ensure the establishment of religion, God Most High has made belief and worship obligatory. To ensure its preservation, the rulings relating to the obligation of learning and conveying the religion were legislated.
To ensure the preservation of human life, God Most high legislated for marriage, healthy eating and living, and forbid the taking of life and laid down punishments for doing so.
God has permitted that sound intellect and knowledge be promoted, and forbidden that which corrupts or weakens it, such as alcohol and drugs. He has also imposed preventative punishments in order that people stay away from them, because a sound intellect is the basis of the moral responsibility that humans were given.
Marriage was legislated for the preservation of lineage, and sex outside marriage was forbidden. Punitive laws were put in placed in order to ensure the preservation of lineage and the continuation of human life.
God has made it obligatory to support oneself and those one is responsible for, and placed laws to regulate the commerce and transactions between people, in order to ensure fair dealing, economic justice, and to prevent oppression and dispute.

Needs and comforts

Needs and comforts are things people seek in order to ensure a good life, and avoid hardship, even though they are not essential. The spirit of the Sharia with regards to needs and comforts is summed up in the Qur'an, "He has not placed any hardship for you in religion," (22:87) And, "God does not seek to place a burden on you, but that He purify you and perfect His grace upon you, that you may give thanks." (5:6)

Therefore, everything that ensures human happiness, within the spirit of Divine Guidance, is permitted in the Sharia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/beliefs/sharia_1.shtml

fj1200
09-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Because our "laws" don't DICTATE the fact that we MUST follow our religion at ALL times, and our laws aren't dictated by our religion daily.

I think it does. And thankfully our laws are not dictated by someone's interpretation of religion.

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 11:55 AM
So don't debate it with me.

Ok

Black Diamond
09-21-2015, 12:04 PM

Obama would do that just to pee in our faces

Gunny
09-21-2015, 12:12 PM
I used to work with a fairly short, glasses-wearing, soft-spoken guy. The kind of guy you don't usually even notice. You know, intelligent, Mr. Peabody type.

Turns out, he was in Special Forces in Viet Nam (and yes, Cambodia, though he wouldn't talk about it). And the one time I saw him get angry, I took a few steps back.

I learned a valuable lesson the easy way from knowing him. If you judge someone by their outward appearance or manner of speaking, you could be making a very serious mistake.

Being in Cambodia was illegal. Some of us get sent places we aren't supposed to be and can't say a word.

Those quiet little guys are the ones that always step up. The loudmouth braggarts are usually trying to not get shot. NEVER judge a book by its cover. Them little guys make the meanest, most loyal Marines. I never really thought about it. I'm almost 6 feet tall and weigh 200 pounds. Most of my Marines were about 5'6" and 160. My 6'8" guy was on ship's platoon. I didn't want him contaminating the morale of my company.

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 12:17 PM
Carson won't back down - GOOD for him.

-----

Ben Carson is doubling down on his controversial belief that a Muslim should not be elected president, telling the Hill newspaper that the commander in chief should be “sworn in on a stack of Bibles, not a Koran.”

The Republican hopeful sparked a firestorm on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday when he was asked if a president’s faith should matter in the wake of Donald Trump’s refusal to correct a supporter who falsely asserted President Barack Obama is Muslim.

Carson said it would matter because he does not believe Islam is consistent with the U.S. Constitution.

“I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation,” Carson said. “I absolutely would not agree with that.”

The retired neurosurgeon elaborated on the issue in his interview with the Hill.

“I do not believe Sharia is consistent with the Constitution of this country,” Carson said. “Muslims feel that their religion is very much a part of your public life and what you do as a public official, and that’s inconsistent with our principles and our Constitution.”

The remarks were met with an immediate backlash, with the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, calling on Carson to withdraw from the presidential race.

“Mr. Carson clearly does not understand or care about the Constitution, which states that ‘no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office,’” CAIR executive director Nihad Awad said in a statement. “We call on our nation’s political leaders — across the political spectrum — to repudiate these unconstitutional and un-American statements.”

Several candidates did.

“I am very disappointed that Dr. Carson would suggest that a Muslim should not become president of the United States,” Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders said in a statement. “It took us too long to overcome the prejudice against electing a Catholic or an African-American president. People should be elected to office based on their ideas, not their religion or the color of their skin.”

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz agreed.

“You know, the Constitution specifies there shall be no religious test for public office,“ Cruz said in an interview with Iowa Public Television Sunday. “And I am a constitutionalist.”

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham called on Carson to apologize to American Muslims.

“America is an idea, not owned by a particular religion,” Graham wrote on Twitter. “He is a good doctor but clearly not prepared to lead a great nation.”

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul was less forceful in his condemnation.

“It’s not so much what religion you are; it’s what you stand for,” Paul said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” Sunday. “But I don’t think that we’re really anywhere near that happening because [Muslims] are a small minority in our population.

“I just think that it’s hard for us; we were attacked by people who were all Muslim,” Paul continued. “And this is what I’ve been saying all along: Civilized Islam needs to step up in a bigger way and say this doesn’t represent us. I know they do. But I don’t hear enough of it. I need to hear more of it.”

Meanwhile, Carson said that if he were in Trump’s position, he would have corrected the person who asserted Obama is Muslim.

“I certainly would not have accepted the premise of a question like that,” Carson told the Hill.

Rest here - https://www.yahoo.com/politics/ben-carson-wont-back-down-from-comments-about-129572984511.html

Black Diamond
09-21-2015, 12:22 PM
Valerie Jarrett is a Muslim. Hows that Iran deal working out?

Abbey Marie
09-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Carson won't back down - GOOD for him.

-----

Ben Carson is doubling down on his controversial belief that a Muslim should not be elected president, telling the Hill newspaper that the commander in chief should be “sworn in on a stack of Bibles, not a Koran.”

Rest here - https://www.yahoo.com/politics/ben-carson-wont-back-down-from-comments-about-129572984511.html

This is what integrity looks like.

Perianne
09-21-2015, 03:35 PM
So don't debate it with me. Is Ellison from MN going to start lopping off heads? I'm pretty sure he's not. The issue is does he respect the Constitution not just shrieking about Sharia.

And I said democratically elected countries.

He might if he thought he could get away with it. But as it is, he is the only Muslim member of Congress. Let him get a majority and you would see a lot of things handled differently.

Abbey Marie
09-21-2015, 03:45 PM
He might if he thought he could get away with it. But as it is, he is the only Muslim member of Congress. Let him get a majority and you would see a lot of things handled differently.

And Obama is giving them a nice start with the importing of refugees.

Perianne
09-21-2015, 03:46 PM
And Obama is giving them a nice start with the importing of refugees.

Yep. And he is placing them in strategic areas. I will bet he wants more Muslims in congress.

aboutime
09-21-2015, 03:49 PM
Carson is smarter, and wiser than most people care to think. He knows, electing someone who follows the methods of Muslim teachings, and condones the actions of Muslim Brotherhood thinking. (with fingers crossed) Would merely mean the initial introduction of a Caliphate form of government to the United States being used to replace our present form of government with the BELOVED...SHARIA laws they are presently attempting to use RIGHT HERE IN THE USA.
Anyone who thinks otherwise probably believes Obama is a STAND-UP, HONEST guy who would never do anything like LIE to the American people.
IN OTHER WORDS....electing someone to complete the ISIS invasion that murders all Americans.

Black Diamond
09-21-2015, 08:10 PM
Well now I heard an Islamic group is demanding Carson drop out.

Black Diamond
09-21-2015, 08:11 PM
Cair

Kathianne
09-21-2015, 08:19 PM
Cair
Indeed. They prove his point.

Black Diamond
09-21-2015, 08:22 PM
I am proud of Carson for doubling down

gabosaurus
09-21-2015, 09:01 PM
What would you think if Carson had made the same statement about Jews?

NightTrain
09-21-2015, 09:11 PM

What if your Aunt had nuts? Would she be your favorite Uncle?

Black Diamond
09-21-2015, 09:20 PM
What if your Aunt had nuts? Would she be your favorite Uncle?

Uncle Caitlyn??

Abbey Marie
09-21-2015, 10:00 PM

I would say the Jews have given us no reason to think they can't abide by the Constitution or Judeo-Christian philosophies because of their religion.

Gunny
09-21-2015, 10:48 PM

Why would he? Jews don't practice Sharia Law which, in context is what Carson was speaking of. Out of context, the media is just hammering another capable candidate.

Perianne
09-21-2015, 10:55 PM
And the media ho Megyn Kelly described Carson's answer as "stepping in it". I despise that bitch.

Gunny
09-21-2015, 11:03 PM
And the media ho Megyn Kelly described Carson's answer as "stepping in it". I despise that bitch.

I don't like her. But I don't like any of the Fox News pundits. They're all full of crap. Megyn Kelly is one of the worst. If you listen to the questions they ask, there is no point to most of them but stirring up shit.

Gunny
09-22-2015, 08:44 AM

Problem is it's their law and their country. I don't get why we do a lot of crap. We went into Kuwait because we got paid in gold for it. Not because we gave a crap about what was going on there. If we left those idiots to their own devices they'd kill themselves off. I'm quite sure I'd have a smoke and a beer over it and fall right asleep.

Yet we let those raghead assholes destroy entire villages in Africa. Guess they need some oil to make them important, huh?

jimnyc
09-22-2015, 08:48 AM
Problem is it's their law and their country. I don't get why we do a lot of crap. We went into Kuwait because we got paid in gold for it. Not because we gave a crap about what was going on there. If we left those idiots to their own devices they'd kill themselves off. I'm quite sure I'd have a smoke and a beer over it and fall right asleep.

Yet we let those raghead assholes destroy entire villages in Africa. Guess they need some oil to make them important, huh?

Agreed - but that doesn't mean we want this type of crap grabbing a foot hold here in America. Those that want to live and die by Sharia, and punish by Sharia, are simply UN-civilized people, and NO WAY IN HELL should be someone running the USA. Their entire beings run contrary to our freedoms and everything that so many fought and died for.

Gunny
09-22-2015, 09:04 AM
Agreed - but that doesn't mean we want this type of crap grabbing a foot hold here in America. Those that want to live and die by Sharia, and punish by Sharia, are simply UN-civilized people, and NO WAY IN HELL should be someone running the USA. Their entire beings run contrary to our freedoms and everything that so many fought and died for.

I agree. If you're waiting on me to agree with an Arab, I'd suggest not holding your breath. I can't stand being around them. If they're in line at McDonald's I make sure I'm behind them.

Abbey Marie
09-22-2015, 09:54 AM

I like this take on it:

...Otherwise, we would ask questions like "why would we ever vote for someone who doesn't recognize or understand the entire fulcrum of our constitutional republic rests upon God-given -- not government-granted -- rights?"

Now that is a question that transcends religious labels and gets right to the heart of the matter. Sharia Law clearly rejects the "Laws of Nature and Nature's God" our Founding Fathers called upon to free us from the shackles of King George III. Quite the contrary, there is nothing freeing about Sharia Law. Every nation on earth that has ever adopted it as its civic code has found it to be oppression incarnate, for the Muslim and the infidel alike. Nothing in all of history has killed more Muslims than Sharia Law, which explains why so many Muslims flee here to be free of it. While the Islamo-fascists refer to us as "the great Satan" the truth is Muslims are freer and more prosperous here in America than any other nation on earth. Why? Because we have liberty based on God-given rights and not Sharia Law.
See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/Commentary/2015/09/carsons-views-on-a-muslim-presidency-misses-the-point#sthash.7o15hBkU.dpuf[/FONT][/COLOR]

jimnyc
09-22-2015, 10:21 AM
We lose 3,000 citizens in one day. Radical Islam has committed close to 30,000 more attacks around the world since then. Many have called for the death and destruction of America, and our freedoms. And yet some still want to remain PC with them, and kiss their asses.

When the majority of Islam stands up and calls for an end to terrorism, radical Islam, constant fighting... Then we can talk. But other than a few, it's eerily silent in the Islamic world. Look at "black lives matter". No matter how you feel about it, people get their voices heard. Whether that one, or other events around our nation. The only time you see Islam banding together is when it's for riots.

Kathianne
09-22-2015, 10:23 AM
A very interesting read, with lots of links:

http://pjmedia.com/blog/the-muslim-islamophobes-who-agree-with-ben-carson/

The Muslim Islamophobes Who Agree With Ben Carson Posted By Robert Spencer On September 22, 2015 @ 6:14 am
By now it’s clear: even fellow Republican candidates Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham have piled on, the mainstream media is in an uproar, the Hamas-linked Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is demanding he drop out of the race, and the only people who agree with Ben Carson (http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/254330-carson-doubles-down-on-no-muslims-in-the-white-house) [1]’s statements about a Muslim president, Sharia, and the Constitution are racist, bigoted Islamophobes.

“I do not believe Sharia is consistent with the Constitution of this country,” said Carson, and hatemongers everywhere applauded.
The Islamophobes even piled on with hateful statements of their own:

Let’s face the grim truth … There is no evidence whatever that Islam in its various political forms is compatible with modern democracy. From Afghanistan under the Taliban to Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, and from Iran to Sudan, there is no Islamist entity that can be said to be democratic, just, or a practitioner of good governance.

Oh, the Islamophobia! Ibrahim Hooper and Nihad Awad of CAIR are no doubt gearing up for another press conference to denounce that one, but they’re coming so thick and fast that those guardians of the Constitution may not be able to keep up.

jimnyc
09-22-2015, 11:00 AM
Grrrrrrrr, I hate that word too, Islamaphobia. Folks don't fear these scumbags, folks detest the radicals and terrorists, and disagree with much of the Islamic way of life. Many also disagree with what the Quran calls for and teaches, and what is learned from the Hadiths and the horrors that have come from Sharia. I'm not afraid of that, I hate that. Maybe Islamahatred?

Kathianne
09-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Grrrrrrrr, I hate that word too, Islamaphobia. Folks don't fear these scumbags, folks detest the radicals and terrorists, and disagree with much of the Islamic way of life. Many also disagree with what the Quran calls for and teaches, and what is learned from the Hadiths and the horrors that have come from Sharia. I'm not afraid of that, I hate that. Maybe Islamahatred?

As I said earlier, the leading voices of Western Islamic leaders prove Carson's points.

red state
09-22-2015, 12:35 PM

You don't have to seperate from your religion (IF) said religion is not a cult (or evil, violent cult of pieces). I tend to believe that the BEST leader is a spiritual one (who abides by the Constitution (which was formed by Christians and dictates Christian values).

Megyn Kelly and all the rest are WRONG. You judge folks by their actions and B.O.'s actions stinks of corrupt, bigoted muSLUM/liberal socialist tyranny. I believe B.O.'s words shed much light on WHAT he is and I can't believe he was EVER elected. Shame on the loud-mouthed, arragant TRUMP for not speaking out more on such things instead of tell folks that he will "fix" things. How, mr. Trump......by supporting the enemy, riding fences most of your life to see who or what decisions PROFIT you?! Like B.O., Trump can be judged by his actions, words and "friends". I was never fooled by the guy and I'm disappointed that many here were/are. I like what he says most times but I dislike MORE what he will not say. Like him or not.....I could NEVER trust him but I believe I could put some trust in a soft spoken, politely professional man of intelligence. He lacks FIRE.....true but Carson says the right things and I fear that we are too interested in "Snake Oil Salesmen" with so-called pazazz when we need to look to a man like KING DAVID during a time when Israel truly needed a soft spoken man who asked the war experienced soldiers: "Is there not a cause?!" when they feared going head to head with a giant.

Folks, we have a giant that we call liberalism and we need a KING DAVID, a Reagan or a George Washington.....I believe Washington was not much for words either but MAN.....what an impact he had!!!

aboutime
09-22-2015, 01:23 PM
ISLAM, MUSLIM, TERRORISTS in the United States of America IS NOT made-up, or fabricated.

SEE FOR YOURSELF on this link: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/09/muslims_of_america_terrorist_training_compounds.ht ml

You can deny whatever you like. The MAIN STREAM PRESS doesn't want to touch this, and Obama won't either.

Abbey Marie
09-22-2015, 02:12 PM
Dr. Carson said it best (paraphrasing): The person who sits in the Oval Office must be comfortable and willing to always put the Constitution ahead of their own beliefs.

It is my contention, and his, that one who fervently believes in Islam, cannot in good conscience separate Shari'a Law from his beliefs, and that is antithetical to tenets of the US Constitution.

Now if we only held the Supreme Court to that standard...

Russ
09-22-2015, 08:00 PM
Dr. Carson said it best (paraphrasing): The person who sits in the Oval Office must be comfortable and willing to always put the Constitution ahead of their own beliefs.

It is my contention, and his, that one who fervently believes in Islam, cannot in good conscience separate Shari'a Law from his beliefs, and that is antithetical to tenets of the US Constitution.

Now if we only held the Supreme Court to that standard...

Absolutely. Anyone who questions Ben Carson's statement, or who asks "what's inconsistent between our Constitution and the Islamic faith?" is either living with their head in the sand, or is just trying to be pain in the sphincter. Many Islamic people believe in Sharia Law and that Islam should take over the world by the sword, if necessary. Not in line with our Constitution.
What's that you say? Some Islamic people don't believe in that? Maybe, but many do, and they will always pretend they don't until someone foolishly votes for them.

fj1200
09-28-2015, 04:25 PM
... if ...

It seems many of your arguments hang on that word.

fj1200
09-28-2015, 11:54 PM
Islam (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam) is the largest and state religion of Malaysia, although Malaysia is a multi-religious society and the Malaysian constitution guaranteesreligious freedom (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_freedom). Despite the recognition of Islam as the state religion, the first 4 prime ministers have stressed that Malaysia could function as a secular state.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Malaysia#Religion

It must have been pretty tough for those prime ministers to function with a Constitution. They probably don't follow Sharia.

Drummond
09-29-2015, 06:36 AM
It seems many of your arguments hang on that word.

Arguments can do that, FJ. Swapping of ideas or thought processes can indeed deal in hypotheticals.

Why not spend less time with deconstruction, and more on advancing ideas and perspectives of your own ?

fj1200
09-29-2015, 08:57 AM
Arguments can do that, FJ. Swapping of ideas or thought processes can indeed deal in hypotheticals.

Why not spend less time with deconstruction, and more on advancing ideas and perspectives of your own ?

"If," in the context of the issue, is used to justify abuses. Abuses you're more than willing to use the power of government to mete out.

You could spend less time trolling but I'm not hopeful. Besides, I already threw some cold water on the premise of the thread. :)

Motown
09-29-2015, 09:57 AM
I think Carson stepped in it on this one. There's an oath of office, enough said.

A lot of beliefs are inconsistent with the Constitution, that's why we have a Constitution in the first place.

aboutime
09-29-2015, 01:21 PM
Like almost everything else we hear today. Once again. Too many people didn't really pay HONEST attention to what Dr. Carson actually said, then later clarified.

Everyone seems hell-bent on Joining the MSM in the Political Assassinations of people they do not like, or support. Dr. Carson has done nothing but TELL THE TRUTH. Not something Many Americans are even smart enough to recognize today. Because...like everything else..."They are so uneducated...they believe everything they see, and read on the Internet!"

Intelligence, Education, and the ability to THINK responsibly are ALL LOST IN THIS NATION on Selfishness.

fj1200
09-29-2015, 01:23 PM
I think Carson stepped in it on this one.

Unlikely to hurt him though.

Black Diamond
09-29-2015, 01:25 PM
Unlikely to hurt him though.

If you believe the polls, it has helped him.

Trigg
09-29-2015, 01:51 PM
According to the just-released survey of Muslims, a majority (51%) agreed that “Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to shariah.” When that question was put to the broader U.S. population, the overwhelming majority held that shariah should not displace the U.S. Constitution (86% to 2%). …
Even more troubling, is the fact that nearly a quarter of the Muslims polled believed that, “It is legitimate to use violence to punish those who give offense to Islam by, for example, portraying the prophet Mohammed.”
A full 25% of those polled agreed that “violence against Americans here in the United States can be justified as part of the global jihad.”

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/06/24/shock-poll-51-of-american-muslims-want-sharia-25-okay-with-violence-against-americans/

fj1200
09-29-2015, 01:56 PM
100% of Muslims already live under Sharia.

Trigg
09-29-2015, 02:26 PM

how so?

fj1200
09-29-2015, 02:27 PM
how so?

They made a personal decision to live under Sharia as I presume you live under the Ten Commandments. I personally choose to live under kosher rules on hot dog day.

Trigg
09-29-2015, 02:32 PM
They made a personal decision to live under Sharia as I presume you live under the Ten Commandments. I personally choose to live under kosher rules on hot dog day.

Many muslims would say they moved out of Islamic countries to get away from Sharia law, your assertion that 100% live under sharia law is based on what exactly??

fj1200
09-29-2015, 02:39 PM
Many muslims would say they moved out of Islamic countries to get away from Sharia law, your assertion that 100% live under sharia law is based on what exactly??

They are Muslim. They may not want to live under the interpretation of someone else's Sharia, with the incumbent state power wielded by certain imams, just like I don't want to live under the interpretation of the Westboro folks.

Trigg
09-30-2015, 02:32 PM

They are Muslim. They may not want to live under the interpretation of someone else's Sharia, with the incumbent state power wielded by certain imams, just like I don't want to live under the interpretation of the Westboro folks.

WHAT are you talking about?????

Most muslims live under Sharia either because they want to (sharia court in western countries that allow it) or because they have to (muslim countries that enforce it). That isn't %100 though, nothing I've seen you post backs up your statement.

aboutime
09-30-2015, 02:36 PM

Trigg. Pardon me for intruding here but, as many of us know by now. FJ is, and always will be THE ONLY ONE who is right here. Just ask him. Attempting to reason, or offer any opposite opinions to someone who believes they are always PERFECT...as FJ will tell you. Is fruitless, useless, and only allows the stupid to prove he is dumber than everyone else. Just watch.

jimnyc
09-30-2015, 02:36 PM

Sharia and Sharia law can be a little different. One is living under the umbrella, and basically calling for all of the things required to be a "good" muslim. Part of Sharia also has punishments to go with various crimes. A muslim living in America may follow and adhere to Sharia, but they cannot enforce Sharia laws - even though they would love to, especially the men who stand to gain from the women, in more ways than one.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-30-2015, 03:23 PM
what are you talking about?????

Most muslims live under sharia either because they want to (sharia court in western countries that allow it) or because they have to (muslim countries that enforce it). That isn't %100 though, nothing I've seen you post backs up your statement.

SHARIA LAW is strict enforcement of the commands given in the Koran and Hadiths.
And when a nation has Sharia law we get to see the absolute savagery and complete lack of freedoms and human dignity we are so used to herein America.-Tyr

fj1200
10-01-2015, 03:55 PM
WHAT are you talking about?????

Most muslims live under Sharia either because they want to (sharia court in western countries that allow it) or because they have to (muslim countries that enforce it). That isn't %100 though, nothing I've seen you post backs up your statement.

Any Muslim will strive to abide by Sharia correct? Any Christian will strive to abide by the 10 Commandments correct? Any Jew will strive to live under Halakhah correct? I'm sure that all of them don't want the state to enforce Sharia as your stats suggest as I'm sure that I don't want the state to enforce the 10 Commandments. Any Muslim can be Sharia compliant but not have the state enforce penalties. So if not every majority Muslim country has state enforced Sharia then it's possible for the country to elect a Muslim president as long as he swears to uphold the Constitution.

Abbey Marie
10-01-2015, 06:41 PM
Any Muslim will strive to abide by Sharia correct? Any Christian will strive to abide by the 10 Commandments correct? Any Jew will strive to live under Halakhah correct? I'm sure that all of them don't want the state to enforce Sharia as your stats suggest as I'm sure that I don't want the state to enforce the 10 Commandments. Any Muslim can be Sharia compliant but not have the state enforce penalties. So if not every majority Muslim country has state enforced Sharia then it's possible for the country to elect a Muslim president as long as he swears to uphold the Constitution.

Is it OK in your opinion, then, here in the USA, for Muslims to live under Shari'a law, even though the State is not enforcing it?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-01-2015, 07:17 PM

No-- because his swearing that oath is tantamount to openly rejecting his faith. As a true muslim he is allowed to lie to deceive but not swear that and actually mean it.
No true muslim would even swear it so your attempt at liberal appeasement reasoning utterly fails IMHO.
OR ARE YOU SPEAKING ABOUT A --"MINO"
Muslim In Name Only..
WHICH GETS THEM KILLED BY THEIR ON IF/WHEN FOUND OUT.-TYR

Russ
10-01-2015, 08:09 PM

Incorrect on all three counts. First, there are widely differing interpretations of the laws, as illustrated by some Muslims chanting to Allah while they cut peoples heads off, while other Muslims live peacefully in Western countries. Second, there are degrees of devoutness in all religions. Devout Christians, for example, are generally against abortion whereas Obama (who claims to be a Christian) is often pushing pro-abortion laws. Jewish people seem to have a wide range of adherence to the Old Testament laws.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-02-2015, 06:48 AM
Incorrect on all three counts. First, there are widely differing interpretations of the laws, as illustrated by some Muslims chanting to Allah while they cut peoples heads off, while other Muslims live peacefully in Western countries. Second, there are degrees of devoutness in all religions. Devout Christians, for example, are generally against abortion whereas Obama (who claims to be a Christian) is often pushing pro-abortion laws. Jewish people seem to have a wide range of adherence to the Old Testament laws.

He tries to combined the fallacy excuse of other religions do it with the fallacy that none are perfect in their faith.
Both do not measure up to refuting the claim made by Carson. Carson nailed it with a solid gold truth. As usually our resident
appeaser attempts yet again to defend Islam..
I wonder why he is so damn dedicated to defending those vermin!
Perhaps he is one or else is so damn fearful that foolishly he thinks someday his defending them will save his own life.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-02-2015, 06:49 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Russ again.

Motown
10-02-2015, 06:59 AM
Why limit this to religion? Carson could have substituted the word Progressive for the word muslim and would have been making the same exact point in my opinion. He didn't do that though, he was taking the easy way out, scoring points by talking trash about a group he knows isn't popular with the public right now. His core point about respecting the Constitution was I think an important one but was ruined by Carson's insistence on making it about religion.

Russ
10-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Why limit this to religion? Carson could have substituted the word Progressive for the word muslim and would have been making the same exact point in my opinion. He didn't do that though, he was taking the easy way out, scoring points by talking trash about a group he knows isn't popular with the public right now. His core point about respecting the Constitution was I think an important one but was ruined by Carson's insistence on making it about religion.

I see your point, but Carson didn't just decide to make a statement about Muslims. He was being interviewed by Chuck Todd (a rabid liberal) who asked Carson leading questions to prod him into making a "sound bite" statement.

Abbey Marie
10-02-2015, 06:49 PM
I see your point, but Carson didn't just decide to make a statement about Muslims. He was being interviewed by Chuck Todd (a rabid liberal) who asked Carson leading questions to prod him into making a "sound bite" statement.

Great point, Russ.

Russ
10-02-2015, 07:07 PM
He tries to combined the fallacy excuse of other religions do it with the fallacy that none are perfect in their faith.
Both do not measure up to refuting the claim made by Carson. Carson nailed it with a solid gold truth. As usually our resident
I wonder why he is so damn dedicated to defending those vermin!
Perhaps he is one or else is so damn fearful that foolishly he thinks someday his defending them will save his own life.-Tyr

Exactly! People trot out "other religions do it" and "none are perfect in their faith" in response to any discussion of religion, as some kind of way of implying that no religion is more benevolent than any other. You said it better than I could. :clap:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-02-2015, 07:31 PM
Exactly! People trot out "other religions do it" and "none are perfect in their faith" in response to any discussion of religion, as some kind of way of implying that no religion is more benevolent than any other. You said it better than I could. :clap:

Methinks perhaps I merely said it before you did my friend.. :beer: :beer:
Great minds do think alike... ;) -Tyr

LongTermGuy
10-02-2015, 11:02 PM
Methinks perhaps I merely said it before you did my friend.. :beer: :beer:
Great minds do think alike... ;) -Tyr

​And many people still call the cult of islam..a Religion......it definitely cant be...*based on islams daily actions and behavior... all real Religions have evolved... Could it be Fear of calling it anything other than a Religion ?....."PC"?....or just naive people just calling it a Religion because its inbeded and burned in their brain.

....I understand the atheist and Liberals wanting to call islam a Religion ...because it fits their anti-Christian Platform / agenda....Again all real present day Religions have evolved....*even in the past ...all religions were fight the cult / Cancer of islam...just to "survive"...

fj1200
10-06-2015, 10:30 AM
Is it OK in your opinion, then, here in the USA, for Muslims to live under Shari'a law, even though the State is not enforcing it?

They do it now. And the state should never enforce religious law. You do live by the Ten Commandments, or strive to, correct?

No-- because his swearing that oath is tantamount to openly rejecting his faith. As a true muslim he is allowed to lie to deceive but not swear that and actually mean it.

And here again we must abide by your interpretation. Don't work that way hoss. Plenty of Muslims in countries with Constitutions live peaceably under their Constitutional guidelines. I mentioned a couple previously.

Hold on now. First, I don't make that claim that there is one interpretation of Sharia though others here do. I fully accept that there are different interpretations. Second, I fully accept that there are degrees of devoutness. FWIW I think Jewish people are more secular than religious; I think practicing Jews in Israel are a distinct minority if I heard the statistics correctly the other day. Perhaps I spoke a little too broadly on followers of various religions adhering to their religious laws; ideally we all strive to.

So I'm not sure how I'm incorrect. :)

As usually our resident

:blah: I point out poor reasoning skills. Thanks for contributing. :)

fj1200
10-06-2015, 10:34 AM

Not to interrupt you folks getting in a circle to congratulate yourselves I wasn't making that argument. Islamic states have huge problems but that doesn't make the original claim automatically true.

Abbey Marie
10-06-2015, 10:44 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Abbey http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=767442#post767442)

They do it now. And the state should never enforce religious law. You do live by the Ten Commandments, or strive to, correct?

That is non-responsive. Whether or not they "do it now" the question was, are you ok with it?

I try to. You?

fj1200
10-06-2015, 10:49 AM
That is non-responsive. Whether or not they "do it now" the question was, are you ok with it?

I try to. You?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. They do it now and I'm OK with it. And yes, I try.