PDA

View Full Version : Walker plummets to bottom of GOP list

gabosaurus
09-21-2015, 09:32 AM
The second GOP debate highlighted the flaw's of Walker's character. New CNN poll puts his support below 1 percent.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/21/scott-walker-2016-presidential-campaign-crisis-polls

tailfins
09-21-2015, 09:35 AM
The second GOP debate highlighted the flaw's of Walker's character. New CNN poll puts his support below 1 percent.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/21/scott-walker-2016-presidential-campaign-crisis-polls

Conclusion: Campaigns matter.

Kathianne
09-21-2015, 09:35 AM
No it didn't show his character flaws. It did highlight his lack of readiness for debates, in content mastery and body language. He's not ready this time.

tailfins
09-21-2015, 09:40 AM
No it didn't show his character flaws. It did highlight his lack of readiness for debates, in content mastery and body language. He's not ready this time.

The operative phrase is underlined.

gabosaurus
09-21-2015, 09:45 AM
Walker's desire to return the American work place to where it was a century ago will doom any national campaign he chooses to run.

Kathianne
09-21-2015, 09:48 AM
Walker's desire to return the American work place to where it was a century ago will doom any national campaign he chooses to run.

You're wrong. That wasn't the problem, rather your opinion of Walker. When doing any sort of analysis it's wise to know the audience, in this case it's the run for nomination, not general election.

Gunny
09-21-2015, 10:08 AM

Actually all it highlighted was his non rockstar personality that seems to be more important with voters nowadays than actual substance.

The debates are stupid, rigged and pointless. Huckabee put on his professional wrestling gear and just jumped in so he could get a turn.

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 11:01 AM
Actually all it highlighted was his non rockstar personality that seems to be more important with voters nowadays than actual substance.

The debates are stupid, rigged and pointless. Huckabee put on his professional wrestling gear and just jumped in so he could get a turn.

I have a thread about "substance" and specific plans made by each of the candidates. Many say Trump is a rock star and doesn't offer such.... feel free to add the specifics made by other candidates. :) Quite frankly, at this stage, all I have seen is talking points and such, and 'what they would do' when in office.

This does NOT mean that Trump is adding anything great, or specifics, just that I hear that - but don't see a lot from others either.

DLT
09-21-2015, 11:23 AM

The sad reality is.....there may not be a next time. I know, I know....that same speculation has been made re: many campaign years. But still...never before has a nation, our nation, been so dangerously close to having that soft tyranny turn, probably very quickly, into hard-core tyranny. The kind of tyranny that I could easily see Obama embrace and implement (Remember who his friends and heroes are).

fj1200
09-21-2015, 11:33 AM
The sad reality is.....there may not be a next time. I know, I know....that same speculation has been made re: many campaign years. But still...never before has a nation, our nation, been so dangerously close to having that soft tyranny turn, probably very quickly, into hard-core tyranny. The kind of tyranny that I could easily see Obama embrace and implement (Remember who his friends and heroes are).

:rolleyes: FDR was far worse.

Gunny
09-21-2015, 11:38 AM
I have a thread about "substance" and specific plans made by each of the candidates. Many say Trump is a rock star and doesn't offer such.... feel free to add the specifics made by other candidates. :) Quite frankly, at this stage, all I have seen is talking points and such, and 'what they would do' when in office.

This does NOT mean that Trump is adding anything great, or specifics, just that I hear that - but don't see a lot from others either.

Trump hasn't added anything as far as I'm concerned. Not of real substance. What he has done is tapped into frustrated, conservative Americans who are tired of the BS we've been dealing with. But in the end, "I got a plan" isn't going to cut it.

Walker, Perry, Bush and Kusinich all took their states out of debt. I pretty much like most of the candidates. What I DON'T like is this dumbass debate crap. I said it from the beginning ... the left doesn't have to do crap but sit back and watch our candidates tear each other apart. To what point? The debates prove absolutely nothing. I wouldn't participate. Rigged questions with 30 seconds to answer? No thanks.

Go after Hillary and go after the left.

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 11:43 AM
Trump hasn't added anything as far as I'm concerned. Not of real substance. What he has done is tapped into frustrated, conservative Americans who are tired of the BS we've been dealing with. But in the end, "I got a plan" isn't going to cut it.

Walker, Perry, Bush and Kusinich all took their states out of debt. I pretty much like most of the candidates. What I DON'T like is this dumbass debate crap. I said it from the beginning ... the left doesn't have to do crap but sit back and watch our candidates tear each other apart. To what point? The debates prove absolutely nothing. I wouldn't participate. Rigged questions with 30 seconds to answer? No thanks.

Go after Hillary and go after the left.

I'm just saying that the "substance", specific plans, folks complaining that he says things but doesn't explain how he would accomplish that - I see little to no difference from other candidates. I could post claims all day long made by candidates without specifics, but I don't have a problem with them doing so, quite frankly. I don't see him adding much more/less than anyone else running at this point. Sure, he doesn't have a nice little list on his website like some others do - but anyone truly interested in his stances - there is MORE than enough information out there from just the past 6 months. He's touched on many topics, pretty much the same as others from what I can see.

With that said, I would take any of the above, and if not him, I would LOVE to see Carson, Fiorina, Cruz or Rubio in there. ANYONE but the left nitwits who seem determined to turn us into a cesspool.

Gunny
09-21-2015, 11:57 AM
I'm just saying that the "substance", specific plans, folks complaining that he says things but doesn't explain how he would accomplish that - I see little to no difference from other candidates. I could post claims all day long made by candidates without specifics, but I don't have a problem with them doing so, quite frankly. I don't see him adding much more/less than anyone else running at this point. Sure, he doesn't have a nice little list on his website like some others do - but anyone truly interested in his stances - there is MORE than enough information out there from just the past 6 months. He's touched on many topics, pretty much the same as others from what I can see.

With that said, I would take any of the above, and if not him, I would LOVE to see Carson, Fiorina, Cruz or Rubio in there. ANYONE but the left nitwits who seem determined to turn us into a cesspool.

If you got a plan. get it out. Trump is losing ground just because of that.

What I see is the MSM left is choosing our candidate for us again. It's so simple it's stupid and a PFC could figure it out. They have done it the last to elections. Convinced people on the right their candidate is someone guaranteed to lose. McCain. Romney. They always pick someone with obvious weaknesses that turn people off. McCain is a jackass traitor independent who made a name crossing the aisle. Romney is a mormon and it was used against him.

I just don't get people that can't see the end game.

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 12:03 PM
If you got a plan. get it out. Trump is losing ground just because of that.

What I see is the MSM left is choosing our candidate for us again. It's so simple it's stupid and a PFC could figure it out. They have done it the last to elections. Convinced people on the right their candidate is someone guaranteed to lose. McCain. Romney. They always pick someone with obvious weaknesses that turn people off. McCain is a jackass traitor independent who made a name crossing the aisle. Romney is a mormon and it was used against him.

I just don't get people that can't see the end game.

How can he be losing ground for lack of plans - when no one else is offering detailed plans either? If others have detailed plans for all of the varied subjects, I'm all ears and the other thread awaits!! I've visited EVERY candidates websites and no real specifics. Then went to various sites about the issues, and then searched videos. Sure, lots of awesome ideas, some a little different than others, but no specifics from anyone. I'm just saying that all of the candidates should be treated equally. I could start a thread right now about Carson and his lack of specifics, same with Fiorina and the others.

NightTrain
09-21-2015, 12:12 PM
How can he be losing ground for lack of plans - when no one else is offering detailed plans either? If others have detailed plans for all of the varied subjects, I'm all ears and the other thread awaits!! I've visited EVERY candidates websites and no real specifics. Then went to various sites about the issues, and then searched videos. Sure, lots of awesome ideas, some a little different than others, but no specifics from anyone. I'm just saying that all of the candidates should be treated equally. I could start a thread right now about Carson and his lack of specifics, same with Fiorina and the others.

Yep. Everyone seems to be running around yelling about Trump's lack of a plan, while every other candidate gets a pass.

Seems to me that all of them should face the same criticism, but that's not happening.

There's an aversion to Trump by some that isn't rooted in logic.... I don't get that.

DLT
09-21-2015, 12:47 PM

That's just your opinion. Short-sighted that it is....since....

Obama's not finished quite yet.

DLT
09-21-2015, 12:50 PM

Walker is spot-frickin on if his "desire" equates to returning the American work place to a pre-labor-union-controlled and victimized era. If that is his intention....

I wish him nothing but success re: that.

fj1200
09-21-2015, 01:21 PM
That's just your opinion. Short-sighted that it is....since....

Obama's not finished quite yet.

:rolleyes: The idiot will be leaving in 16 months and he had his chance to be worse than FDR.

fj1200
09-21-2015, 01:23 PM
There's an aversion to Trump by some that isn't rooted in logic.... I don't get that.

There's an attraction to Trump by some that isn't rooted in logic... I don't get that.

Black Diamond
09-21-2015, 01:32 PM
There's an attraction to Trump by some that isn't rooted in logic... I don't get that.

He has tapped into folks' anger. and that's powerful. If the republicans had had any stones the last couple years, Trump wouldn't be as successful as we have seen.

Black Diamond
09-21-2015, 01:39 PM
:rolleyes: The idiot will be leaving in 16 months and he had his chance to be worse than FDR.

FDR didn't aid Nazi Germany in their nuclear weapons program. and 16 months is a long time.

gabosaurus
09-21-2015, 02:29 PM
FDR didn't aid Nazi Germany in their nuclear weapons program. and 16 months is a long time.

It is actually just the opposite. The Nazis aided American nuclear development by chasing some of their top scientists out of the country.

Black Diamond
09-21-2015, 02:32 PM
It is actually just the opposite. The Nazis aided American nuclear development by chasing some of their top scientists out of the country.

yes. That is true. It may be that the Jews defeated the Nazis.

DLT
09-21-2015, 03:13 PM

Just confirmed on Hannity....Walker's dropping out.

One step closer to getting stuck with that awipe Jeb Bush now. Grrrr!

Gunny
09-21-2015, 03:19 PM

I'm just watching at the moment. You have to start with we ain't sheeple. We're looking for something. I'm military. I want your damned plan laid on paper so a private can get it so it doesn't need to be re-explained. But, I agree, no one's come up with specifics. I just think when you're out front and running with the big dogs, give us something. I personally think Trump's full of hot air, but only time will tell. I think he's going to crash and burn. I just don't want him taking the Presidency with him. And he DOES have enough money to do it. We can't stand another Dem President. Not and exist as a democratic republic.

Black Diamond
09-21-2015, 03:34 PM
Walker dropped out.

Gunny
09-21-2015, 03:38 PM

Worse than what?

Abbey Marie
09-21-2015, 03:41 PM

Or, he may pull a stunt and find a way to stay for a third FDR-like term.

Kathianne
09-21-2015, 04:31 PM

I disagree for the most part. I certainly disagree with what he did, indeed many of the problems since were caused by his administration. At heart, FDR loved the country, I don't believe that Obama does.

Kathianne
09-21-2015, 04:39 PM
Yep. Everyone seems to be running around yelling about Trump's lack of a plan, while every other candidate gets a pass.

Seems to me that all of them should face the same criticism, but that's not happening.

Actually it seems to many that the absence of logic is on the part of his supporters, not his detractors. They are backing the progressive running in the party of 'conservatives.' They take on blind faith that he no longer believes what he's said for years, not on one or two issues, but a slate full of positions. Indeed he is still one of the lone voices of 'progressive' and 'punitive taxes on the rich' while he continued on rising in the polls during the primary race-it's 'conservatives' backing the progressive.

Why? He behaves the way many would like to. Name calling, especially 'stupid', 'ugly', 'incompetent', etc. Meanwhile he promises to 'do great,' 'get great people,' 'everyone will like me or at least fear me,' etc.

Gunny
09-21-2015, 05:49 PM

My point is, get a plan, get out out front and run with it.

NO ONE has specifics. Right or left. Except Sanders who wants to turn us into the USSR v2. Everyone is posturing, waiting for someone to make a move but not bold enough to just go after it.

Carson's playing catch-up. He don't know shit about nothing when it comes to foreign policy. I'd be keeping my mouth shut too until I got boned up on the stuff.

But Christ, Jim, WE are smarter than these people. WTF? And when I say "we", I mean more than half this board. They aren't standing for anything. They play to the media. That's all these politician do any more. Look at Mitch McConnell and John Boehner -- holdouts from "Contract with America" in the 90s. What have they done but scurry like rats the second the Dems call them a name?

It's just all a bunch of media BS to me. If the REAL, qualified presidential candidate wants to come to the fore, I'm ALL ears.

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 06:05 PM
My point is, get a plan, get out out front and run with it.

NO ONE has specifics. Right or left. Except Sanders who wants to turn us into the USSR v2. Everyone is posturing, waiting for someone to make a move but not bold enough to just go after it.

Carson's playing catch-up. He don't know shit about nothing when it comes to foreign policy. I'd be keeping my mouth shut too until I got boned up on the stuff.

But Christ, Jim, WE are smarter than these people. WTF? And when I say "we", I mean more than half this board. They aren't standing for anything. They play to the media. That's all these politician do any more. Look at Mitch McConnell and John Boehner -- holdouts from "Contract with America" in the 90s. What have they done but scurry like rats the second the Dems call them a name?

It's just all a bunch of media BS to me. If the REAL, qualified presidential candidate wants to come to the fore, I'm ALL ears.

Do I think any of these candidates are our saviors? Not really. But I can't imagine anyone that was on that stage making us worse off than things are with Obama. I like them all for various reasons and I would see it as a positive if any of them replaced Obama. I don't have an enemy in any of them.

Perianne
09-21-2015, 06:56 PM
Do I think any of these candidates are our saviors? Not really. But I can't imagine anyone that was on that stage making us worse off than things are with Obama. I like them all for various reasons and I would see it as a positive if any of them replaced Obama. I don't have an enemy in any of them.

Not yet.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?51043-If-I-Were-President&highlight=

fj1200
09-22-2015, 01:20 PM
He has tapped into folks' anger. and that's powerful. If the republicans had had any stones the last couple years, Trump wouldn't be as successful as we have seen.

Anger is not logical.

Refer to the original question please; the possibility of a presidential tyranny. FDR was worse than BO.

Worse than what?

BO.

Or, he may pull a stunt and find a way to stay for a third FDR-like term.

Do you mean like go back in time to when we didn't have an Amendment that restricted the POTUS to two terms? Because that would be incredible.

I disagree for the most part. I certainly disagree with what he did, indeed many of the problems since were caused by his administration. At heart, FDR loved the country, I don't believe that Obama does.

The question was regarding BO and a potential tyranny. The country was in a bad way during the 30's and things could have come out differently. BO had his chance his first two years to do far worse but thankfully he was incredibly naive in pushing for ACA and not making other changes that could have been far worse.

Black Diamond
09-22-2015, 01:28 PM
The only reason osamabama isn't running for third term is because of the 22nd amendment. So your argument about fdr being worse the 0bama on those grounds is like saying Stalin was worse than Hitler because he killed more people. Hitler was stopped.

Black Diamond
09-22-2015, 01:29 PM
Anger isn't logical. I agree. Doesn't mean it isn't powerful.

fj1200
09-22-2015, 01:31 PM
The only reason osamabama isn't running for third term is because of the 22nd amendment. So your argument about fdr being worse the 0bama on those grounds is like saying Stalin was worse than Hitler because he killed more people. Hitler was stopped.

Huh? My point is that there will be no tyranny and he will be gone in 16 months. Back when Bush II was still President I was taking a tile class at a local home improvement store and there were a bunch of lefties in there hand wringing themselves into ridiculous circles about how Bush was going to declare some sort of martial law and remain in power... Any guess as to what actually happened?

Black Diamond
09-22-2015, 01:33 PM
Huh? My point is that there will be no tyranny and he will be gone in 16 months. Back when Bush II was still President I was taking a tile class at a local home improvement store and there were a bunch of lefties in there hand wringing themselves into ridiculous circles about how Bush was going to declare some sort of martial law and remain in power... Any guess as to what actually happened?

Ok fair enough.

Abbey Marie
09-22-2015, 02:05 PM
Anger is not logical.

Refer to the original question please; the possibility of a presidential tyranny. FDR was worse than BO.

BO.

Do you mean like go back in time to when we didn't have an Amendment that restricted the POTUS to two terms? Because that would be incredible.

Of course not. Because this President has never done anything to show his disregard for acting outside or above the law.

Fj asks for minute details in 3...2...1

:cool:

fj1200
09-23-2015, 10:19 AM
Of course not. Because this President has never done anything to show his disregard for acting outside or above the law.

Fj asks for minute details in 3...2...1

:cool:

Why would I do that? I know he sucks. Then again I'm not the one lining up my logic with idiotic lefties. :cool:

Abbey Marie
09-23-2015, 11:02 AM
Why would I do that? I know he sucks. Then again I'm not the one lining up my logic with idiotic lefties. :cool:

What does logic have to do with the current happenings in this country?

fj1200
09-23-2015, 11:05 AM
What does logic have to do with the current happenings in this country?

That's probably what the lefties thought in '07/'08. ;)

Abbey Marie
09-23-2015, 11:13 AM
That's probably what the lefties thought in '07/'08. ;)

If you think this country is running on logic right now, you need to get out more. :poke:

fj1200
09-23-2015, 11:35 AM
If you think this country is running on logic right now, you need to get out more. :poke:

The country runs on logic. A message board does not. But I do need to get out more. ;)

BO has sucked for 6 1/2 years and he'll suck for 1 1/2 more years but he will be out of office at the end of that time. If he is not I'll graciously concede your fears, if he is then I'm sure all these prognostications will be forgotten. :)

Voted4Reagan
09-23-2015, 02:47 PM

He isnt a Political insider. He isn't one of the good old Beltway boys.... He is a mover, a shaker, bold, brash, in your face and downright obnoxious if he chooses to be. He doesn't conform to the Washington Insiders ideas of what a President should be...

I have said it before....TRUMP gets the Job Done... when he says he'll do it ....HE DOES IT.

None of the rest can say that...

Gunny
09-23-2015, 03:02 PM
The country runs on logic. A message board does not. But I do need to get out more. ;)

BO has sucked for 6 1/2 years and he'll suck for 1 1/2 more years but he will be out of office at the end of that time. If he is not I'll graciously concede your fears, if he is then I'm sure all these prognostications will be forgotten. :)

I disagree. This country does NOT run on logic. It runs on whatever the MSM tells it to believe. The MSM feeds off of everyone's fears. So do politicians, but none worse than the left. The left has everyone so afraid to say anything that might not be PC, they they in fact, keep their fascist machine running on it. Their entire platform is "rightwing/GOP/Christians are going to ruin your life" and tell you what to do, but LOOK at what THEY are doing.

There's no logic in THAT.

Gunny
09-23-2015, 03:08 PM
He isnt a Political insider. He isn't one of the good old Beltway boys.... He is a mover, a shaker, bold, brash, in your face and downright obnoxious if he chooses to be. He doesn't conform to the Washington Insiders ideas of what a President should be...

I have said it before....TRUMP gets the Job Done... when he says he'll do it ....HE DOES IT.

Actually, Bush, Perry and Walker CAN say that. Perry made a career of telling DC to piss off. All 3 were governors of states controlled by the left and STILL got the job done. Texas went completely right when they elected Abbott, but if you look at all our local politicians and State Congresspeople, it's hardly the case. Dallas, Austin and Houston are the havens for every snowbird in the world, and most Mexicans vote "D".

Abbey Marie
09-23-2015, 03:42 PM
I disagree. This country does NOT run on logic. It runs on whatever the MSM tells it to believe. The MSM feeds off of everyone's fears. So do politicians, but none worse than the left. The left has everyone so afraid to say anything that might not be PC, they they in fact, keep their fascist machine running on it. Their entire platform is "rightwing/GOP/Christians are going to ruin your life" and tell you what to do, but LOOK at what THEY are doing.

Beautifully said, gunny.

Abbey Marie
09-23-2015, 03:44 PM
Actually, Bush, Perry and Walker CAN say that. Perry made a career of telling DC to piss off. All 3 were governors of states controlled by the left and STILL got the job done. Texas went completely right when they elected Abbott, but if you look at all our local politicians and State Congresspeople, it's hardly the case. Dallas, Austin and Houston are the havens for every snowbird in the world, and most Mexicans vote "D".

I think you can add Christie to that list. NJ is quite liberal. And they have some of the most liberal courts in the nation, too.

Gunny
09-23-2015, 03:53 PM

Ti quote Meatloaf "You took the Words Right Outta My Mouth" . I'd like to play Frankenstein and pick the best parts out of them and put them one package. Only I don't think I'd trust my hunchback assistant to supply the brain.:laugh:

fj1200
09-24-2015, 12:10 PM

Governors can say that, successful ones, and they have to work with another branch of government with equal powers. He also doesn't have a Congress to deal with. And since he has gone out of his way to insult/demean/etc. most/all? of those running against him do you expect Congress to work with him when he goes out of his way to insult/demean/etc. anyone in Congress that doesn't cower?

I guess we'll have to agree to the bold. ;) But the MSM isn't the country. :)

Gunny
09-24-2015, 01:53 PM
Governors can say that, successful ones, and they have to work with another branch of government with equal powers. He also doesn't have a Congress to deal with. And since he has gone out of his way to insult/demean/etc. most/all? of those running against him do you expect Congress to work with him when he goes out of his way to insult/demean/etc. anyone in Congress that doesn't cower?

I guess we'll have to agree to the bold. ;) But the MSM isn't the country. :)

You need to look a bit deeper. The MSM controls what the sheeple in this country believe. You got two groups in this country: the right who are too busy working and raising their kids to pay a lot of attention; and, the left who are too stupid to see past the BS the MSM is selling. They watch the news and believe it. Doesn't matter what's being sold.

fj1200
09-24-2015, 04:30 PM
You need to look a bit deeper. The MSM controls what the sheeple in this country believe. You got two groups in this country: the right who are too busy working and raising their kids to pay a lot of attention; and, the left who are too stupid to see past the BS the MSM is selling. They watch the news and believe it. Doesn't matter what's being sold.

Nah. I don't give them that much power.