PDA

View Full Version : Walker is done, drops out of race

jimnyc
09-21-2015, 03:56 PM
Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin has concluded he no longer has a path to the Republican presidential nomination and plans to drop out of the 2016 campaign, according to three Republicans familiar with his decision who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Mr. Walker called a news conference in Madison at 6 p.m. Eastern.

“The short answer is money,” said a supporter of Mr. Walker’s who was briefed on the decision. “He’s made a decision not to limp into Iowa.”

The supporter said that Mr. Walker’s fund-raising had dried up after his decline in the polls and that campaign officials did not feel they could risk going into debt with the race so uncertain. The governor, who was scheduled to be in New York and Washington this week, partly to raise money, had built up an expansive staff, bringing on aides and consultants detailed to everything from Christian conservative outreach to Super Tuesday states. But his fund-raising did not keep pace with the money needed to sustain such an infrastructure.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/09/21/scott-walker-said-to-be-quitting-presidential-race/

Black Diamond
09-21-2015, 09:06 PM
Walker took a swipe at trump on the way out

Perianne
09-21-2015, 09:07 PM

What did he say?

NightTrain
09-21-2015, 09:10 PM

Yeah, that was a little petulant of him... didn't expect that of Walker.

It's too bad he didn't perform any better than he did, I expected great things of him. Maybe 2020 or 2024 will be his time to shine.

LongTermGuy
09-21-2015, 10:10 PM
What did he say?

Stupid stuff....:coffee:

Russ
09-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Kind of crazy. Scott Walker, leading in Iowa at one point, is out. Jim Gilmore, flat-lining since he announced, is still in.

NightTrain
09-22-2015, 08:41 PM
Kind of crazy. Scott Walker, leading in Iowa at one point, in out. Jim Gilmore, flat-lining since he announced is still in.

I think we're in for a few more surprises before the dust settles.

Black Diamond
09-22-2015, 08:43 PM
Kind of crazy. Scott Walker, leading in Iowa at one point, in out. Jim Gilmore, flat-lining since he announced is still in.

Who is that?

Russ
09-22-2015, 08:45 PM
I think we're in for a few more surprises before the dust settles.

You're probably right, NT. I hope we don't lose any of my favorites, which are currently Ben, Carly, and Marco. Or yours, of course.

Black Diamond
09-22-2015, 08:47 PM
Yeah, that was a little petulant of him... didn't expect that of Walker.

It's too bad he didn't perform any better than he did, I expected great things of him. Maybe 2020 or 2024 will be his time to shine.
He didn't fight when he needed to. Carly rubio and Jeb showed urgency. Walker came back with the same flat monotone message.
And I like walker. Hopefully he learns from this experience. May be stronger next time.

NightTrain
09-22-2015, 08:51 PM
He didn't fight when he needed to. Carly rubio and Jeb showed urgency. Walker came back with the same flat monotone message.
And I like walker. Hopefully he learns from this experience. May be stronger next time.

Yeah, on a stage with 15 other hopefuls you have to be willing to start throwing a few elbows. I'll wager he'll be a hard charger out of the gate next time.

gabosaurus
09-22-2015, 09:59 PM
I'll wager he'll be a hard charger out of the gate next time.

Rick Perry supporters thought the same thing.

Noir
09-23-2015, 08:04 AM
When (roughly) are we expected to know who the nominees from each party will be?

NightTrain
09-23-2015, 09:30 AM
When (roughly) are we expected to know who the nominees from each party will be?

July 18th - 21st.

Gunny
09-23-2015, 09:43 AM
I think he just wasn't ready. I also think Americans in general need to pull their heads out of their butts. In the "actually qualified" department, two of the most qualified dropped out. Simply because they don't come off right on TV.