PDA

View Full Version : Left Handed Still Evil?

Gunny
09-22-2015, 07:35 AM
Thought this went out with the Dark Ages. They tried to force us to be right handed when I was in grade school. Fortunately, my father is left handed and said screw all that crap. He's meaner than I am. Where do you think I got all my wonderful training from? :laugh:

I've never gotten what the big deal is. It sucks to be a left handed shooter, can tell you THAT. The brass always ends up in your damned shirt.

jimnyc
09-22-2015, 08:35 AM
I don't know about evil, just weird. :laugh:

NightTrain
09-22-2015, 09:39 AM
My Mom is a lefty, it skipped a generation and my daughter is a southpaw.

It's a running joke between my daughter and I. Whenever she's trying to do something and fails, I'll tell her she's using the wrong hand. This always gets a mock indignant response of "Dad!!!".

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7672&stc=1

Abbey Marie
09-22-2015, 10:14 AM
As I hold my coffee in my LEFT hand, I will just add this:

http://phillips.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/25/72_lefty_shirt_2.gif

jimnyc
09-22-2015, 10:16 AM
I just realized that I always drink my coffee with my left hand. Southpaw java!

Black Diamond
09-22-2015, 10:17 AM
Southpaw nothin'. I'll drop him in 3.

Kathianne
09-22-2015, 10:18 AM
This thread began before my lounge post on brother's hole-in-one. He's a lefty. No one ever tried to get him to change, though it did take awhile to realize he needed to have his own end of the dinner table, or spills just kept happening!

NightTrain
09-22-2015, 10:20 AM
I steer left handed, probably because of the years I spent driving big rigs and driving my stick shift cars. I'm much more precise with my left.

Only when there's some interesting shit going down will you see me with both hands on the wheel at 10 & 2! These kind of moments usually involve some black ice covered in a nice slippery layer of water or snow.

jimnyc
09-22-2015, 10:22 AM
This thread began before my lounge post on brother's hole-in-one. He's a lefty. No one ever tried to get him to change, though it did take awhile to realize he needed to have his own end of the dinner table, or spills just kept happening!

Is he a Mickelson fan? :)

Abbey Marie
09-22-2015, 10:24 AM

That's probably just because your right hand is on your mouse. ;)

Kathianne
09-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Is he a Mickelson fan? :)

Probably. For some reason he doesn't usually speak 'golf' with me. ;)

Abbey Marie
09-22-2015, 10:25 AM

I can so relate! Every time we eat out, my family waits for me to claim the left end of the table. They don't even question it.

Abbey Marie
09-22-2015, 10:26 AM
I steer left handed, probably because of the years I spent driving big rigs and driving my stick shift cars. I'm much more precise with my left.

Only when there's some interesting shit going down will you see me with both hands on the wheel at 10 & 2! These kind of moments usually involve some black ice covered in a nice slippery layer of water or snow.

:laugh2: That just cracked me up for some reason!

KitchenKitten99
09-22-2015, 05:42 PM
My husband is 48 and was born as a lefty, but went to Catholic elementary school in the early 70's, and they still had him switch hands. His handwriting is AWFUL. Barely legible.

Funny enough, he actually wrote a note with his left hand for me, because his right hand was full... and I actually could read it perfectly. The letters and words were neater and straighter.

Gunny
09-22-2015, 05:51 PM

I couldn't swing a baseball bat or an axe right-handed to save my ass. :laugh: I'm ambidextrous for the most part. If you can go left on a basketball court you'll ALWAYS screw everyone up. Same with batting lefty and pulling the ball down the 3rd base line.

Just got to know how to outsmart all right handed goofs. :laugh:

Gunny
09-22-2015, 05:52 PM
:laugh2: That just cracked me up for some reason!

It ain't funny when you're on it.

Voted4Reagan
09-22-2015, 05:56 PM
http://cdn.patch.com/users/1441432/2014/12/T800x600/201412547f890a6831b.jpg

Gunny
10-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Speaking of you inconsiderate right handed f*cks, QUIT USING THE DAMNED BROOM BACKWARDS. The bristles are bent the wrong damned way.

WiccanLiberal
10-04-2015, 03:59 PM
My Dad was pushed into using his right hand having gone to Catholic school in the 1930's. Back then the nuns would whack your knuckles with a wooden ruler. He still did almost everything else lefty. Definitely a family trait. I am overall right handed but I do some things lefty. I thread needles backwards and use most tools left handed. I had my boss comment in a procedure that I held the biopsy forceps as if I was left handed and I did that automatically from the time I started on the unit. My sister's kids are also both lefties.

Gunny
10-04-2015, 04:09 PM
My Dad was pushed into using his right hand having gone to Catholic school in the 1930's. Back then the nuns would whack your knuckles with a wooden ruler. He still did almost everything else lefty. Definitely a family trait. I am overall right handed but I do some things lefty. I thread needles backwards and use most tools left handed. I had my boss comment in a procedure that I held the biopsy forceps as if I was left handed and I did that automatically from the time I started on the unit. My sister's kids are also both lefties.

I actually am ambidextrous in most cases. For the same reason. Our teachers wouldn't allow us to be left-handed and ridiculed our school work because we write backward (backstroke I think it's called?). The other reason is I broke my left wrist when I was 7. I HAD to learn to use my right hand or I'd have missed a year.

My dad's left handed. Thanks, Dad. I have a granddaughter who is ambidextrous.

I just want to know, you being a green, broom riding witch and all, which way that broom steers if a lefty's been using it. :laugh:

Gunny
10-04-2015, 04:22 PM
And I HATE this damned mouse. They should make left handed meece.

WiccanLiberal
10-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Ya do know you can change the way the buttons work on the mouse so it's left handed. It's in the settings.

WiccanLiberal
10-04-2015, 04:31 PM
This is the kind of ride I like.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e7/44/13/e744133873379c774b28d4361cfed640.jpg

Gunny
10-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Ya do know you can change the way the buttons work on the mouse so it's left handed. It's in the settings.

Damn. And I thought I was computer geek. My mouse is just all ass backward. I'd slap it except I'd have to go get a new one.:laugh:

Gunny
10-04-2015, 04:50 PM
This is the kind of ride I like.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e7/44/13/e744133873379c774b28d4361cfed640.jpg

You're missing your green camo .....

Voted4Reagan
10-04-2015, 05:19 PM
Do you wonder why I like Hot and Sexy Pagan Witchy type women???

http://assets.yandycdn.com/HiRez/YS_S5812_MISS_WITCHCRAFT_FRONT_COST2015.jpg

Those that criticize dont have the equipment to handle em....... !!!

Gunny
10-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Do you wonder why I like Hot and Sexy Pagan Witchy type women???

http://assets.yandycdn.com/HiRez/YS_S5812_MISS_WITCHCRAFT_FRONT_COST2015.jpg

Those that criticize dont have the equipment to handle em....... !!!

As a mater of fact, no. I just kinda wonder how y'all do it on that broom. I can't even get mine to sweep straight

Voted4Reagan
10-04-2015, 05:52 PM
As a mater of fact, no. I just kinda wonder how y'all do it on that broom. I can't even get mine to sweep straightTakes practice.... but DAMN is it worth it.....

DLT
10-04-2015, 06:14 PM
Thought this went out with the Dark Ages. They tried to force us to be right handed when I was in grade school. Fortunately, my father is left handed and said screw all that crap. He's meaner than I am. Where do you think I got all my wonderful training from? :laugh:

I've never gotten what the big deal is. It sucks to be a left handed shooter, can tell you THAT. The brass always ends up in your damned shirt.

I would think that if "school" was going to teach anything in that area, they would teach kids to be ambidextrous. It would help if the unthinkable happened and they lost a limb. Hell, I remember once when I pulled my right shoulder out at work (don't ask)....and was utterly HELPLESS for 2-3 weeks. Well..ok....not helpless. But in major pain and appreciating my right arm/hand a helluva lot more than I ever had! lol