PDA

View Full Version : Would YOU support a Pres candidatewho says Sharia Law superseded the US Constitution?

Little-Acorn
09-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Would YOU support a Presidential candidate who held that Sharia Law superseded the U.S. Constitution?

The media is crowing in triumph after managing to catch Dr. Ben Carson in a "Gotcha" question.

They asked first if he would support a candidate whose views went against the Constitution. He gave the obvious answer: Of course not. (Never mind that this would cut out nearly every Democrat in elected office today.)

They then asked if he considered Muslim beliefs to be contrary to the Constitution. He correctly answered "Yes".

Then they asked if he would support a Muslim candidate for President. Rather than hedge, he flatly answered that he would not.

The media then jumped as far as they could, and are screaming that Dr. Carson would require a religious test for elected office, something forbidden by the Constitution.

When it's clear that Carson simply meant what he said: The he would not support anyone whose opinions and beliefs were contrary to the Constitution... whether those beliefs came from what he read in the newspaper this morning, or from his religion, or from what he was taught in public school, or from listening to Hillary. Doesn't matter WHY the guy held opinions that opposed the Constitution. If they did, then Dr. Carson would not support him, nor should he.

But the leftists are screaming with delight that they can twist what he said into something he obviously did NOT mean, and pretend he meant it. That's their bread and butter, no matter how false on disingenuous. And the leftists aren't about to give it up. In part because it's all they have.

So, let's ask generally:

Would YOU support a Presidential candidate who held that Sharia Law superseded the U.S. Constitution?

Perianne
09-22-2015, 01:25 PM
Of course not. I wouldn't support a Muslim even if he swore allegiance to the U.S. Constitution.

Abbey Marie
09-22-2015, 03:35 PM
I've already said, I'd support Bubbles the chimp before I'd support even a Dem. Supporting Shari'a law is not even a question.

jimnyc
09-22-2015, 03:38 PM
I don't see how anyone would vote for someone that put Sharia above the COTUS.

But even if there was a Muslim that claimed otherwise, I would love to hear their POV on going against so much of Sharia, the Quran and the Hadiths, and whether that person feels like an apostate for not fulfilling their Muslim duty. So much of Sharia goes against freedoms, while the COTUS is all about freedoms. Or would this person be willing to ignore Sharia? And even then, still wouldn't get my vote. Maybe in a few centuries if they can get their act together. :)

Black Diamond
09-22-2015, 03:42 PM
I don't see how anyone would vote for someone that put Sharia above the COTUS.

But even if there was a Muslim that claimed otherwise, I would love to hear their POV on going against so much of Sharia, the Quran and the Hadiths, and whether that person feels like an apostate for not fulfilling their Muslim duty. So much of Sharia goes against freedoms, while the COTUS is all about freedoms. Or would this person be willing to ignore Sharia? And even then, still wouldn't get my vote. Maybe in a few centuries if they can get their act together. :)

The Islamic candidate would lie and say he renounced Shari'a. And liberals would believe him no matter how much evidence to the contrary....

Abbey Marie
09-22-2015, 03:44 PM
The real problem occurs when such a President appoints his own brand of SC justices, who then interpret the Constitution to support the free exercise of Shari'a law. Then it will truly hit the fan.

jimnyc
09-22-2015, 03:44 PM
The Islamic candidate would lie and say he renounced Shari'a. And liberals would believe him no matter how much evidence to the contrary....

If they are truly Muslim, and lived their entire life as one with Sharia - any Muslim candidate should also be willing to condemn Islamic radicalism and have a position in help fighting against them. Good luck in finding such a Muslim candidate.

Black Diamond
09-22-2015, 03:48 PM
The Muslim President would most certainly be Anti Israel.

DLT
09-22-2015, 03:49 PM

The media is crowing in triumph after managing to catch Dr. Ben Carson in a "Gotcha" question.

They asked first if he would support a candidate whose views went against the Constitution. He gave the obvious answer: Of course not. (Never mind that this would cut out nearly every Democrat in elected office today.)

They then asked if he considered Muslim beliefs to be contrary to the Constitution. He correctly answered "Yes".

Then they asked if he would support a Muslim candidate for President. Rather than hedge, he flatly answered that he would not.

The media then jumped as far as they could, and are screaming that Dr. Carson would require a religious test for elected office, something forbidden by the Constitution.

When it's clear that Carson simply meant what he said: The he would not support anyone whose opinions and beliefs were contrary to the Constitution... whether those beliefs came from what he read in the newspaper this morning, or from his religion, or from what he was taught in public school, or from listening to Hillary. Doesn't matter WHY the guy held opinions that opposed the Constitution. If they did, then Dr. Carson would not support him, nor should he.

But the leftists are screaming with delight that they can twist what he said into something he obviously did NOT mean, and pretend he meant it. That's their bread and butter, no matter how false on disingenuous. And the leftists aren't about to give it up. In part because it's all they have.

So, let's ask generally:

If I told you what I really support....in regards to these "gotcha asswipes" in the media....you would probably be stunned and amazed.

The leftist media in this country has contributed to and aided/abetted much of the evil (America's enemies) that is ongoing against our nation. I think you can figure out what "justice" I think they deserve. And I have a funny feeling that day of justice is much closer to becoming a reality....day by day now.

hjmick
09-22-2015, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't support anyone who put religious law of any sort above the Constitution.

Abbey Marie
09-22-2015, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't support anyone who put religious law of any sort above the Constitution.

One might say that since our laws are based on Judeo-Christian philosophies, one wouldn't need to.

Gunny
09-22-2015, 04:24 PM

So, let's ask generally:

My ass. That's when I start loading weapons. Bring that bullshit here and I'm going Gunny on the shit. I'm American. You ain't treating women like cattle around ME. And I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. That's what I can't stand about Obama is his unconstitutional crap.

Ask me how I really feel ...

hjmick
09-22-2015, 04:33 PM
My ass. That's when I start loading weapons. Bring that bullshit here and I'm going Gunny on the shit. I'm American. You ain't treating women like cattle around ME. And I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. That's what I can't stand about Obama is his unconstitutional crap.

Ask me how I really feel ...

You left handed folks... So angry...

:laugh:

Gunny
09-22-2015, 04:52 PM
You left handed folks... So angry...

:laugh:

Damn fuckin-A straight skippy. I could barely keep my mouth shut in THEIR countries. You'll bring that shit here over my dead body. My babies live here. And they're ALL female. They can bring their BS over here. I think the Brits tried that twice. And they always ended up at end of a redneck's sword. When the leftwingnut pussies get the hell out of the way, we don't have any enemies. They're either dead or running for home.