PDA

View Full Version : Trump announces "boycott" of Fox News

gabosaurus
09-23-2015, 06:36 PM
Trump stated that Fox was "too tough on him" and refused to acknowledge how well his campaign has done so far.
Since when do political candidates get to dictate how they are treated by the news media? Does Trump really believe all interviews with him should contain the excessive fawning and softball questions favored on late night TV?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/23/donald-trump-rejects-fox-news-unfair-treatment

Perianne
09-23-2015, 06:51 PM
Trump stated that Fox was "too tough on him" and refused to acknowledge how well his campaign has done so far.
Since when do political candidates get to dictate how they are treated by the news media? Does Trump really believe all interviews with him should contain the excessive fawning and softball questions favored on late night TV?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/23/donald-trump-rejects-fox-news-unfair-treatment

He is probably talking about the media ho, Megyn Kelly.

revelarts
09-23-2015, 07:58 PM
Fox news is too hard on him? To many tough questions?
LOL!!!

Perianne
09-23-2015, 08:03 PM
Fox news is too hard on him? To many tough questions?
LOL!!!

Megyn Kelly is condescending.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-23-2015, 09:24 PM

Really??? So when ever did the obama get tough questions and/or the Hillary??
BOTH HAD NOTING BUT FLUFF AND MARSH-MELLOW QUESTIONS FROM MAINSTREAM MEDIA AND VENUES/SHOWS THEY CHOSE TO INDULGE IN.
Hell, MEDIA STILL HASN'T VETTED THE OBAMA!!-TYR

Gunny
09-23-2015, 10:19 PM
BOTH HAD NOTING BUT FLUFF AND MARSH-MELLOW QUESTIONS FROM MAINSTREAM MEDIA AND VENUES/SHOWS THEY CHOSE TO INDULGE IN.

I want to hear the answer to THIS shit. We're waiting.

gabosaurus
09-24-2015, 12:12 AM

Totally incorrect on all counts. Perhaps they weren't to your satisfaction.

NightTrain
09-24-2015, 01:09 AM
Totally incorrect on all counts. Perhaps they weren't to your satisfaction.

We're all waiting.

Back up your statements.

Or just do the normal Gabby thing and run like hell from the thread like you always do when you say something stupid. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
09-24-2015, 10:33 AM
Of all the networks to draw a line in the sand with, FOX News was the worst one. Every one of the others will treat Republicans much, much, worse.

Very short-sighted, Donald.

jimnyc
09-24-2015, 11:19 AM
I think he's more or less demanding to be treated respectfully, regardless of his comments about anyone within their station. If not for his own comments, I would support him 100%, he should be treated the same as every other candidate and spend more time on issues and less on stupid shit. But he invited some with his own comments.

He'll take his interviews elsewhere, I don't think this will harm him too much. They'll still cover his campaign. He has enough money to where he can basically make his own appearances on TV and radio happen, anywhere and anytime, like it or not.

But his petty crap is adding up. I love the arrogance, but keep the comments to himself that are personal in nature. He could make the petty crap look positive if he thinks before he speaks.

gabosaurus
09-24-2015, 12:27 PM
Back up your statements.

What do I need to "back up?" I don't recall the media treating Obama any better or worse than Bush was. Perhaps Obama is treated better in your jaundiced view of things. And I don't believe the media needs to "vet" any candidate. They present pros and cons and allow people to decide.

Gunny
09-24-2015, 01:03 PM
I think he's more or less demanding to be treated respectfully, regardless of his comments about anyone within their station. If not for his own comments, I would support him 100%, he should be treated the same as every other candidate and spend more time on issues and less on stupid shit. But he invited some with his own comments.

He'll take his interviews elsewhere, I don't think this will harm him too much. They'll still cover his campaign. He has enough money to where he can basically make his own appearances on TV and radio happen, anywhere and anytime, like it or not.

But his petty crap is adding up. I love the arrogance, but keep the comments to himself that are personal in nature. He could make the petty crap look positive if he thinks before he speaks.

I go through this a LOT with people. If you're going to dish it out, don't bitch about the incoming. Trump has attacked every other GOP candidate that has posed a presumed threat to him, and he has done it at the personal level. He belongs on a message board, not in the White House.

And I totally agree. He's brought much of it on himself. He needs to focus on the position he's running for, not someone else's makeup. And you're right about the money as well. I just have an issue with a president who can't handle being picked at and resorts to grade school name-calling when he is. It's a weakness, and WILL be exploited. I'd play it against him. Be damned sure the left is going to.

ptif219
09-24-2015, 11:27 PM
Of all the networks to draw a line in the sand with, FOX News was the worst one. Every one of the others will treat Republicans much, much, worse.

Very short-sighted, Donald.

Fox is showing they want a Washington establishment candidate, They want nothing to do with conservatives or showboats. They are now backing Carly who also appears to be a Washington establishment type

NightTrain
09-25-2015, 07:49 AM
What do I need to "back up?" I don't recall the media treating Obama any better or worse than Bush was. Perhaps Obama is treated better in your jaundiced view of things. And I don't believe the media needs to "vet" any candidate. They present pros and cons and allow people to decide.

Review Tyr's statement and your answer. Then reply.

You want me to type it all out, or would you like to just scroll up and then answer? I know you enjoy your games, but it grows tiresome.

You said he was "totally incorrect". Start from there. You said it, you back it up.

Jeff
09-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Review Tyr's statement and your answer. Then reply.

You want me to type it all out, or would you like to just scroll up and then answer? I know you enjoy your games, but it grows tiresome.

You said he was "totally incorrect". Start from there. You said it, you back it up.

Gabby likes to play those silly little Liberal games. :rolleyes:

Motown
09-25-2015, 08:39 AM
I guess I'm in the minority, I don't take any of this Trump stuff seriously. I think it's all 100% staged. I don't believe he's serious about being President and I think his job was to enter the race and be larger than life in order to sweep the bottom feeders out of the field so an establishment candidate can be front and center when Trump bows out and I think Fox is in on it. If I'm right I wonder what he's going to get in return.

NightTrain
09-25-2015, 09:01 AM
I guess I'm in the minority, I don't take any of this Trump stuff seriously. I think it's all 100% staged. I don't believe he's serious about being President and I think his job was to enter the race and be larger than life in order to sweep the bottom feeders out of the field so an establishment candidate can be front and center when Trump bows out and I think Fox is in on it. If I'm right I wonder what he's going to get in return.

I think he's got better things to do than alienate his business partners. A guy like that is results-driven and doing something like that is counterproductive to his own bottom line.

jimnyc
09-25-2015, 09:03 AM
Btw, in case no one else posted it - Ailes and Trump announced yesterday they would meet to discuss his treatment on Fox news. In other words, Ailes does not want to lose the ratings that Trump brings to their station. Like it or not, he'll likely get his way and then be back.

jimnyc
09-25-2015, 09:07 AM

My original stance was that he did it solely for himself. He's ALWAYS loved himself, his name, and his money. I assumed it was getting his name out (as if he needed that) and then he would walk away more famous and perhaps sell more.

Then he disclosed financials and started campaigning and dominating speeches on every channel. I don't believe it's any kind of charade.

If he does drop some day, I hope Carson and Fiorina profit from it.

Motown
09-25-2015, 09:19 AM
My original stance was that he did it solely for himself. He's ALWAYS loved himself, his name, and his money. I assumed it was getting his name out (as if he needed that) and then he would walk away more famous and perhaps sell more.

Then he disclosed financials and started campaigning and dominating speeches on every channel. I don't believe it's any kind of charade.

If he does drop some day, I hope Carson and Fiorina profit from it.

I admit I could be wrong, I've been wrong before and I don't know anyone who agrees with me on this. I still think Trump is in this to clear the way for Jeb even though that doesn't seem to be working well right now but we'll see in 5 months. The disclosure and the money he's spending might be worth it if he's getting something he values in return.

Kathianne
09-25-2015, 09:25 AM
Btw, in case no one else posted it - Ailes and Trump announced yesterday they would meet to discuss his treatment on Fox news. In other words, Ailes does not want to lose the ratings that Trump brings to their station. Like it or not, he'll likely get his way and then be back.

Maybe, but it looks like his 'free advertising' may be coming to an end:

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/09/24/quotes-of-the-day-2207/

...He used a news conference before the forum to continue a recently renewed feud with Fox News, mock a conservative group that is airing attack ads against him and complain to an NBC reporter that the network is citing a CNN poll that shows Ms. Fiorina gaining support rather than NBC’s own survey, which shows Mr. Trump holding a larger lead…But, more troubling for a candidate who is heavily reliant on television coverage, there were only a handful of TV cameras in the back of the room, and the national cable stations spent little time on the event. MSNBC carried it for less than four minutes, CNN around six minutes and Fox did not carry the speech at all.

jimnyc
09-25-2015, 09:38 AM
Maybe, but it looks like his 'free advertising' may be coming to an end:

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/09/24/quotes-of-the-day-2207/

Well, it was billed as an "African American small business meeting". Not exactly the folks who are his primary supporters. It says it was largely a white group anyway. It's possible they didn't cover this event as highly, don't know. I guess we'll have to see the coverage going forward. But I don't think it was ever free to begin with. I've stated from the beginning that it wouldn't surprise me if he would buy his way into a million speeches, interviews and other types of airtime. He can afford it.

Perianne
09-25-2015, 09:40 AM
I admit I could be wrong, I've been wrong before and I don't know anyone who agrees with me on this. I still think Trump is in this to clear the way for Jeb even though that doesn't seem to be working well right now but we'll see in 5 months. The disclosure and the money he's spending might be worth it if he's getting something he values in return.

If he is clearing the way for Bush, he is going about it wrong. He regularly refers to Bush as low energy.

Black Diamond
Well, it was billed as an "African American small business meeting". Not exactly the folks who are his primary supporters. It says it was largely a white group anyway. It's possible they didn't cover this event as highly, don't know. I guess we'll have to see the coverage going forward. But I don't think it was ever free to begin with. I've stated from the beginning that it wouldn't surprise me if he would buy his way into a million speeches, interviews and other types of airtime. He can afford it.
Is it possible he can buy his way all the way to the White House?

jimnyc
And why Fox should and more or less must cover him - he's still the leader, in their own polls. It's what many of their viewers want. Last I looked Trump had like 25% on Fox, to like 18 for Carson and then less than 10 for everyone else.

Kathianne

Now wouldn't that be a great thing?

jimnyc
09-25-2015, 09:42 AM

No. One can buy airtime, but that won't make people like his stances and who he is. Ask the folks here, some of which detest them. If he spends $500 million, would it change your mind seeing him on the news daily? I don't think it will. I just think his money allows him to stay in the campaign longer and get his message heard.

DLT
09-25-2015, 09:42 AM
I think he's got better things to do than alienate his business partners. A guy like that is results-driven and doing something like that is counterproductive to his own bottom line.

Ehh....not necessarily.

If Trump, in true gambling style, is counting on his good bud Hillary to win the presidency....he would have hedged his bets really well by: 1) eliminating all but the "least likely able to win" competition (ie Jeb Bush) and 2) by making the Republican Party look bad for having a so-called sexist, heartless, buffoon, etc. (See: How Trump is portrayed in South Park episode (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0C40VTVsVg)) representing them, and 3) by not attacking her 1/10th as harshly as he has attacked his "supposedly" fellow Republicans (remember, he WAS a Democrat).

Jeff
09-25-2015, 09:43 AM

That is why he will be a good president, he does get things done, he wont hurt the Country because he is to worried about his fortune so it's win win, so he is a prick, at least he will be a prick that gets things done.

Motown
09-25-2015, 09:45 AM
If he is clearing the way for Bush, he is going about it wrong. He regularly refers to Bush as low energy.

Trump doesn't need to support Bush, he just needs to get people to drop out.

NightTrain
09-25-2015, 09:46 AM
Ehh....not necessarily.

If Trump, in true gambling style, is counting on his good bud Hillary to win the presidency....he would have hedged his bets really well by: 1) eliminating all but the "least likely able to win" competition (ie Jeb Bush) and 2) by making the Republican Party look bad for having a so-called sexist, heartless, buffoon, etc. (See: How Trump is portrayed in South Park episode (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0C40VTVsVg)) representing them, and 3) by not attacking her 1/10th as harshly as he has attacked his "supposedly" fellow Republicans (remember, he WAS a Democrat).

You guys are losing sight of the fact that they're NOT competing with Hillary at this stage of the race. They're competing with each other for the nod, and then the attacks will be brutal indeed against the Dem ticket.

If you focus exclusively on Hillary now, you're going to lose the primary.

jimnyc
09-25-2015, 09:47 AM
Ehh....not necessarily.

I just watched Trump make fun of Hillary. And Hillary often talks smack about Trump. He also accused her of being the one to start the birther stuff. He's pushed about her and the email scandal.

Black Diamond
09-25-2015, 09:49 AM
No. One can buy airtime, but that won't make people like his stances and who he is. Ask the folks here, some of which detest them. If he spends $500 million, would it change your mind seeing him on the news daily? I don't think it will. I just think his money allows him to stay in the campaign longer and get his message heard.
It is said, Michael Jackson certainly notwithstanding, there is no such thing as bad publicity. I am just curious if he can buy that publicity and in turn the nomination and then the white house.
His recent behavior seems strange.

Abbey Marie
09-25-2015, 09:49 AM
Fox is showing they want a Washington establishment candidate, They want nothing to do with conservatives or showboats. They are now backing Carly who also appears to be a Washington establishment type

Welcome to the board. :salute:

Your reply changes nothing about the truth of what I stated, though. The other networks will treat him worse than Fox.

fj1200
09-25-2015, 09:50 AM
If you focus exclusively on Hillary now, you're going to lose the primary.

I disagree, except that they should focus on the Dems instead of Hillary, they should focus on the true opposition. Differentiate, not attack, from each other but attack Dem policies.

Kathianne
09-25-2015, 09:52 AM
It is said, Michael Jackson certainly notwithstanding, there is no such thing as bad publicity. I am just curious if he can buy that publicity and in turn the nomination and then the white house.
His recent behavior seems strange.
His recent behavior isn't all that different than what came before, now some are seeing it for what it is: boorish and thin-skinned.

Black Diamond
09-25-2015, 09:59 AM
His recent behavior isn't all that different than what came before, now some are seeing it for what it is: boorish and thin-skinned.

Boycotting fox is odd. Megyn Kelly is against him. I get that. I pick that up every night. But hannity and O'Reilly are not. Does he want fox to lie and say he is improving in the polls?

Kathianne
09-25-2015, 10:05 AM
Boycotting fox is odd. Megyn Kelly is against him. I get that. I pick that up every night. But hannity and O'Reilly are not. Does he want fox to lie and say he is improving in the polls?
He has consistently argued that outlier polls be emphasized, especially those that 'prove' he is 'the strongest candidate' for Hispanics and Blacks.

He loves the polls that are created from online responses, just as Ron Paul did.

jimnyc
09-25-2015, 10:27 AM
He has consistently argued that outlier polls be emphasized, especially those that 'prove' he is 'the strongest candidate' for Hispanics and Blacks.

He loves the polls that are created from online responses, just as Ron Paul did.

'Cept that he leads the overwhelming majority of polls across the nation. So online or not, he leads the most. I'd say he loves those not created online as well then.

Kathianne
09-25-2015, 10:37 AM
'Cept that he leads the overwhelming majority of polls across the nation. So online or not, he leads the most. I'd say he loves those not created online as well then.

Very true. He is addressing those that have noted a decrease in his lead.

jimnyc
09-25-2015, 10:40 AM
Very true. He is addressing those that have noted a decrease in his lead.

The name of the game, attack the candidates that are closest to you in the polls. And for the media, if they incorrectly report the polls, or ignore them, then I have no issue with him pointing out the facts of those polls.

Black Diamond
09-25-2015, 10:42 AM
He is complaining he is not being treated fairly by the media. One could argue the media never treats anyone fairly. So he's being treated fairly by not being treated fairly. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
09-25-2015, 10:44 AM
He is complaining he is not being treated fairly by the media. One could argue the media never treats anyone fairly. So he's being treated fairly by not being treated fairly. :laugh:

Such a positive thinker! :laugh2:

ptif219
09-25-2015, 11:13 AM

Not sure I trust Trump but he is fun to watch. He is great for getting conservatives to wake up

ptif219
09-25-2015, 11:17 AM
Welcome to the board. :salute:

Your reply changes nothing about the truth of what I stated, though. The other networks will treat him worse than Fox.

Yet fox is right ther with the liberals against Trump. Fox is for Washington establishment GOP. In other words they hate conservatives. Look how they slam Cruz. Rove takes the lead for the liberal Washington establishment crowd

ptif219
09-25-2015, 11:19 AM

People still watch Hannity and O'Reilly? I haven't watched them in years