PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming...

darin
09-23-2015, 10:20 PM
My girl said she no longer likes a certain celebrity from the UK because she heard his speak about his political beliefs. :-) she's pert-near grown at 16. I took this the night of her homecoming last weekend. I love her. Beyond proud. She's socially libertarian and fiscally conservative and shoots the hell out of an ar15.

Kathianne
09-23-2015, 11:11 PM
My girl said she no longer likes a certain celebrity from the UK because she heard his speak about his political beliefs. :-) she's pert-near grown at 16. I took this the night of her homecoming last weekend. I love her. Beyond proud. She's socially libertarian and fiscally conservative and shoots the hell out of an ar15.

D- she's beautiful! How tall is she? I remember her as a grasshopper. ;)

gabosaurus
09-24-2015, 12:06 AM
dmp, you have quite a beautiful daughter. I am sure she makes you very proud. :beer:

My daughter attended her first homecoming last weekend with a guy from another Huntington Beach school. It was her first big dress up date. She enjoyed it even though her date was "kind of boring."
My daughter could care less about politics because "they're all crooks."

Jeff
09-24-2015, 06:42 AM
Beautiful young lady dmp !!!

darin
09-24-2015, 10:23 AM
Thanks All. She's 5'8".

Better than beautiful, she's the most well-adjusted kids i've met. Thank GOD we've kept her sane :)

She'll LOVE Germany!

Another couple pics attached. :)

Abbey Marie
09-24-2015, 10:27 AM
Our little girl's all grown up! (She's the official DP child, you know). She looks very poised and pretty.

And she is my height- very cool!

gabosaurus
09-24-2015, 12:31 PM
Thanks All. She's 5'8".

Better than beautiful, she's the most well-adjusted kids i've met. Thank GOD we've kept her sane :)

She'll LOVE Germany!

Remaining sane and well adjusted is all you can hope for any girl going through high school.
When are you going to Germany? It is indeed a fabulous place.

DLT
09-24-2015, 02:08 PM

Gorgeous AND intelligent. You're a lucky dad! If you don't mind...which celebrity is she done with?

And I can relate. The list is long and growing of the Hollyweird celebs that have opened their piehole and 'come out' as radical leftists that I have ceased to watch, care about watching or being a fan of.

darin
09-24-2015, 02:32 PM
Remaining sane and well adjusted is all you can hope for any girl going through high school.
When are you going to Germany? It is indeed a fabulous place.

Honestly, I expect more than sane and well-adjusted - but having those two qualities drives so much. She's calm. Reasonable. Rational. Introspective. IQ of 144. Intl Honors Society. Thespian Society. Lettered in Band AND Cheer. Cannot stand liberalism - because she understand how it hurts people.

Kaiserslautern; about an hour southwest of where I lived 1992-95.

Gorgeous AND intelligent. You're a lucky dad! If you don't mind...which celebrity is she done with?

And I can relate. The list is long and growing of the Hollyweird celebs that have opened their piehole and 'come out' as radical leftists that I have ceased to watch, care about watching or being a fan of.

Thank you. Not only am I a lucky Dad, I'm a hard-working, involved Dad doing everything I can to teach her what to expect in terms of how she must be cared-for, and how she must express HER care for others. It's a partnership I suppose. God entrusted me with this person. I cannot fail her or my son. or Him.

Harry Stiles - 1 Direction. She said "He's still cute and all...but I wouldn't want to have to punch him in the throat if we talked politics".

:D

Abbey Marie
09-24-2015, 02:46 PM
That is a very impressive IQ. :2up:

Darin, she would make a great addition to the board. If you are comfortable with that. While she's in Germany, maybe suggest it?

darin
09-24-2015, 03:20 PM
I've asked her about it! Thing is...my 13 y/o son goes on bi-weekly rants about obama. Its hillarious. He might be more agreeable to give his impressions. Am okay with either though!

Abbey Marie
09-24-2015, 03:22 PM
I've asked her about it! Thing is...my 13 y/o son goes on bi-weekly rants about obama. Its hillarious. He might be more agreeable to give his impressions. Am okay with either though!

I would love them both.