PDA

View Full Version : It Was Self-Defense!

Kathianne
09-25-2015, 09:22 AM
Murdered a spider, with paint can! Damn thing was huge! Scary!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/QDHVCdTEOKFqUzzwl-QJxlli9h8X32nbZf59fJeK2hTjIy1t448SiK6ZreXSQmqX3Q6m Sl0H68DDy3uJX6yb3KG2oNbnYzaGyifA4GEgHAOeoTE02QGCeN dBd3_fXbyoQRRG20FZDG7VxgbJePoSp9DOlf8M0FlT1ArHJGfC voe7xRGLRs6WAK6yTDwRf15wkRpFiDj64v4dn6Xs54rf7uWTzH eLMh8fxxFUPk8qSSi11JEHzFuCp1YyRHIVEk0gmuAOL2DKxkfz X-HwdYLiaYYveB7tSlcWneoa_XhUdBkGla6tEVHr6YSnR3Hhx83M qfxQzZ3krCGGSa7PSZxUW1BCCobGfzc0pR0EJP_TXnqf44S3mm mSc4ZC-DXjAwFS1BYwI4JMh6nT-Dcl5LRnOcrLHTf9chvIgkQCveG1xhwvvzMy2CKGSHqe7x_bNIx zeX64T7GRfCuZhOcUO9oo5pKcAA8kGn1NVNJNquX_Db21CBhx6 XRf7KGpeyrHUN53HO6xSZvauimJEBhBrkRsvXGMNfZoA6ejeBq 9PKaRQjs=w935-h701-no

jimnyc
09-25-2015, 09:30 AM
Ewwwww, he looks rather large, and hairy. Light him on fire just to make sure!

Motown
09-25-2015, 09:33 AM
Now you have to pick it up and throw it out.

Kathianne
09-25-2015, 09:34 AM

I'll be waiting on that for some time! Ewwww

Bilgerat
09-25-2015, 09:36 AM
Ewwwww, he looks rather large, and hairy. Light him on fire just to make sure!

http://westernjournalismcom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Spider-Fire-4.jpg

Abbey Marie
09-25-2015, 10:52 AM
Species-ist!! :laugh2:

Gunny
09-25-2015, 11:00 AM

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/QDHVCdTEOKFqUzzwl-QJxlli9h8X32nbZf59fJeK2hTjIy1t448SiK6ZreXSQmqX3Q6m Sl0H68DDy3uJX6yb3KG2oNbnYzaGyifA4GEgHAOeoTE02QGCeN dBd3_fXbyoQRRG20FZDG7VxgbJePoSp9DOlf8M0FlT1ArHJGfC voe7xRGLRs6WAK6yTDwRf15wkRpFiDj64v4dn6Xs54rf7uWTzH eLMh8fxxFUPk8qSSi11JEHzFuCp1YyRHIVEk0gmuAOL2DKxkfz X-HwdYLiaYYveB7tSlcWneoa_XhUdBkGla6tEVHr6YSnR3Hhx83M qfxQzZ3krCGGSa7PSZxUW1BCCobGfzc0pR0EJP_TXnqf44S3mm mSc4ZC-DXjAwFS1BYwI4JMh6nT-Dcl5LRnOcrLHTf9chvIgkQCveG1xhwvvzMy2CKGSHqe7x_bNIx zeX64T7GRfCuZhOcUO9oo5pKcAA8kGn1NVNJNquX_Db21CBhx6 XRf7KGpeyrHUN53HO6xSZvauimJEBhBrkRsvXGMNfZoA6ejeBq 9PKaRQjs=w935-h701-no

You girls and bugs ...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kathianne
09-25-2015, 11:02 AM

Come clean the damn carcass up!

Abbey Marie
09-25-2015, 11:03 AM

No defense here. I am positively freaked out/disgusted by bugs. Even butterflies. Ever look at one of them up close?!

And don't get me started on the ones that sting you. My daughter and I once locked ourselves in a bedroom until my husband came home from work, because there was a wasp in the house.

jimnyc
09-25-2015, 11:04 AM

No way I would touch that thing, he looks too hairy and may spring back to life. On go the working gloves and get a few pieces of thick cardboard to maneuver him onto (after I light him on fire, of course). Then he can go back outside where he belongs.

fj1200
09-25-2015, 11:05 AM

The mailman just used a stick to clear away a big spider web, smallish spider, before delivering my mail.

Motown
09-25-2015, 11:06 AM

No matter what you do you're always going to know there are spider parts in that carpet.

Kathianne
09-25-2015, 11:08 AM
My neighbor told ne it's tarantula season.

Gunny
09-25-2015, 11:09 AM

Don't bother me. Welcome to the Southwest. :) the bigger they are, the easier they are to carry. :laugh:

DLT
09-25-2015, 11:09 AM

Now....don't you feel like a heartless rightie??? After all....that poor, downtrodden spider only came into your house out of love (he probably has relatives already there).

He was just looking for a better life for himself and his family (probably numbering in the thousands by now).

He wanted to be free and to have a chance of happiness like all creatures.

And there you went and crushed his dream ....along with his poor widdle spider body.

Ahhhh! I can't take it. It's heinous. Horrific!

You....you.....

anti-Arachnidite!

(lol)

Abbey Marie
09-25-2015, 11:10 AM
The mailman just used a stick to clear away a big spider web, smallish spider, before delivering my mail.

When we came home from Europe, and even though it was late at night, I decided to get the mail, which was held while we were gone. So, lots of mail.

I grabbed the pile, and something felt weird. Turned out to be a boatload of ants, crawling all over the mail. And me. It was only with a lot of self-control that I did not run screaming. Needless to say, after scrubbing the skin raw with soap, I Purell-ed my arms up to the elbows.

Never reach into your mailbox in the dark.

fj1200
09-25-2015, 11:10 AM
My neighbor told ne it's tarantula season.

At least they're not deadly. Scorpions...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

fj1200
09-25-2015, 11:11 AM
When we came home from Europe, and even though it was late at night, I decided to get the mail, which was held while we were gone. So, lots of mail.

I grabbed the pile, and something felt weird. Turned out to be a boatload of ants, crawling all over the mail. And me. It was only with a lot of self-control that I did not run screaming. Needless to say, after scrubbing the skin raw with soap, I Purell-ed my arms up to the elbows.

Never reach into your mailbox in the dark.

:laugh: It's the red ones you need to worry about.

EDIT:

But I think we've identified the REAL enemy. The USPS!!! :eek:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/99/Cliff_Clavin_in_Cheers.jpg

Abbey Marie
09-25-2015, 11:12 AM
:laugh: It's the red ones you need to worry about.

EDIT:

But I think we've identified the REAL enemy. The USPS!!! :eek:

:laugh2:

jimnyc
Poor mistreated and marginalized spider needs and invite to the WH, maybe have a beer with Barack.

Gunny
No defense here. I am positively freaked out/disgusted by bugs. Even butterflies. Ever look at one of them up close?!

And don't get me started on the ones that sting you. My daughter and I once locked ourselves in a bedroom until my husband came home from work, because there was a wasp in the house.

I'm allergic to wasp stings and I STILL was the one that had to go kill them. The girls around here wouldn't even go out the door until I did. :laugh:

Just one wasp? They don't sell fly swatters where you're from? :laugh:

Gunny
09-25-2015, 11:14 AM
Poor mistreated and marginalized spider needs and invite to the WH, maybe have a beer with Barack.

Okay. If the objective here is to crack me the f- up. y'all have accomplished the mission. I haven't stopped laughing since I opened the thread.:laugh:

Gunny
09-25-2015, 11:17 AM
Now....don't you feel like a heartless rightie??? After all....that poor, downtrodden spider only came into your house out of love (he probably has relatives already there).

He was just looking for a better life for himself and his family (probably numbering in the thousands by now).

He wanted to be free and to have a chance of happiness like all creatures.

And there you went and crushed his dream ....along with his poor widdle spider body.

Ahhhh! I can't take it. It's heinous. Horrific!

You....you.....

anti-Arachnidite!

(lol)

Anyone heard the story of how many spiders one swallows in their sleep over the course of a lifetime?:poke:

jimnyc
09-25-2015, 11:17 AM
Okay. If the objective here is to crack me the f- up. y'all have accomplished the mission. I haven't stopped laughing since I opened the thread.:laugh:

Just be happy you've never seen me find such a spider. After I freak out and run away about 1,000mph, then I come back with weapons. There's no playing when it comes to those evil little bastards. Laugh as you will, but you can hang out with a damn humpback whale, where as a 1/2" spider may send you to your grave!!!

http://i.imgur.com/cwN6QTu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iG9IPqA.jpg

Abbey Marie
09-25-2015, 11:20 AM
I'm allergic to wasp stings and I STILL was the one that had to go kill them. The girls around here wouldn't even go out the door until I did. :laugh:

Just one wasp? They don't sell fly swatters where you're from? :laugh:

Gunny, you must be joking! That would require me to be in the SAME ROOM as the wasp.

jimnyc
09-25-2015, 11:22 AM
Gunny, you must be joking! That would require me to be in the SAME ROOM as the wasp.

I got a wasps nest outside my window right now and it's HUGE. I'll go get a picture of the sucker...

Gunny
09-25-2015, 11:24 AM
Just be happy you've never seen me find such a spider. After I freak out and run away about 1,000mph, then I come back with weapons. There's no playing when it comes to those evil little bastards. Laugh as you will, but you can hang out with a damn humpback whale, where as a 1/2" spider may send you to your grave!!!

http://i.imgur.com/cwN6QTu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iG9IPqA.jpg

Rule of thumb: bigger and uglier the spider, the less dangerous. It's those brown recluse's that jack you up. But if you live in the South, it's spiders n snakes. Been bit by a snake, stung by scorpions, swarmed by mosquitoes, was swarmed by wasps once ... spiders ain't got sh*t. They just need to get in line around here.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
09-25-2015, 11:25 AM
I got a wasps nest outside my window right now and it's HUGE. I'll go get a picture of the sucker...

Wow. Be careful- they are good at finding ways inside.

Gunny
09-25-2015, 11:26 AM

You're cracking up. Ninny. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm the one that's allergic to them, remember? :laugh:

Gunny
09-25-2015, 11:27 AM

Go to Home Depot and get that crap you can shoot from a half mile away. Works like a charm.

Abbey Marie
09-25-2015, 11:27 AM
You're cracking up. Ninny. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm the one that's allergic to them, remember? :laugh:

Are you at the "My throat will close up" level of allergic?

Gunny
09-25-2015, 11:29 AM
Are you at the "My throat will close up" level of allergic?

No. I am at the can't move off the couch for several days level of allergic. And one won't do it. Why would I half-a$$ the job? I usually get the whole nest.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
09-25-2015, 11:30 AM
Go to Home Depot and get that crap you can shoot from a half mile away. Works like a charm.

Make sure you wait until dusk, when they are all tucked back in their little wasp beds.

Motown
09-25-2015, 11:30 AM
Michigan...no bug problems here! Just snow and ice.

jimnyc
09-25-2015, 11:33 AM
This is the back of my house, about 3 feet down from the window that I sit at here with my computer. I tried shooting some raid or other crap at them a few weeks back, but they went nutso and tried to eat me. I decided to just leave it as is and hopefully let them beat it when winter sets in.

http://i.imgur.com/CC1KRrz.jpg

Abbey Marie
09-25-2015, 11:34 AM
Michigan...no bug problems here! Just snow and ice.

Sounds good to me!

Gunny
09-25-2015, 11:37 AM
Make sure you wait until dusk, when they are all tucked back in their little wasp beds.

I know how to kill bugs, Abs. Been living in the South almost all my life. And I'm not even including the ones you see in SE Asia and Africa. Those bugs take steroids. :laugh:

Gunny
09-25-2015, 11:39 AM
This is the back of my house, about 3 feet down from the window that I sit at here with my computer. I tried shooting some raid or other crap at them a few weeks back, but they went nutso and tried to eat me. I decided to just leave it as is and hopefully let them beat it when winter sets in.

Holy crap. Think you might want to do something about THAT? That looks like a hornets nest.

Black Diamond
09-25-2015, 11:41 AM
Holy crap. Think you might want to do something about THAT? That looks like a hornets nest.

Jim may have read the shining. If he has, he will definitely wait until winter.

Gunny
09-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Jim may have read the shining. If he has, he will definitely wait until winter.

I'd in work clothes, boots and try to find a ski mask to mess with THAT thing. You can't just spray that. You have to knock it down. Better Jim than me. :)

But it ain't gonna get no smaller.

Abbey Marie
09-25-2015, 12:11 PM
I know how to kill bugs, Abs. Been living in the South almost all my life. And I'm not even including the ones you see in SE Asia and Africa. Those bugs take steroids. :laugh:

Lol, you are appealing to my cave girl side, Gunny. Kill bugs for me and I am putty in your hands.

:coffee:

Abbey Marie
09-25-2015, 12:12 PM

Jim, seriously, call Orkin or somebody like that. This calls for an expert in full battle gear.

Gunny
09-25-2015, 12:37 PM
Jim, seriously, call Orkin or somebody like that. This calls for an expert in full battle gear.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

jimnyc
09-25-2015, 01:04 PM
Full battle gear means raising the white flag and letting them share the home until winter, and they move or freeze to death. I shot up a stream of raid and about a million buzzing things came flying out of there. I was back in the house within 3 seconds. I'm not paying to get rid of those little scumbags either. So long as they don't bother me, I don't bother them. I don't really use the yard anyway.

Gunny
09-25-2015, 01:40 PM
Full battle gear means raising the white flag and letting them share the home until winter, and they move or freeze to death. I shot up a stream of raid and about a million buzzing things came flying out of there. I was back in the house within 3 seconds. I'm not paying to get rid of those little scumbags either. So long as they don't bother me, I don't bother them. I don't really use the yard anyway.

Anything that flies and stings is a threat to me. That looks like a hornets nest. Those little assholes are all Islamic Arabs, most likely members of ISIS.

Gunny
09-25-2015, 01:49 PM
Perhaps you recall I was MIA a few weeks back from getting hit by a couple of the little bastards? And you KNOW how I am. It was game f-ing on. Someone posted a pic somewhere of a guy with a flamethrower? I would have burnt half the house down. :laugh:

Bilgerat
09-25-2015, 02:48 PM
Perhaps you recall I was MIA a few weeks back from getting hit by a couple of the little bastards? And you KNOW how I am. It was game f-ing on. Someone posted a pic somewhere of a guy with a flamethrower? I would have burnt half the house down. :laugh:

https://polination.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/left-wings-vs-right-wings-wasp-or-bee.jpg

Gunny
09-25-2015, 02:53 PM
https://polination.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/left-wings-vs-right-wings-wasp-or-bee.jpg

Unfortunately, I always get hit by #1. :laugh:

gabosaurus
09-25-2015, 03:46 PM
http://jeremyvarner.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/burn-the-house-down-to-kill-the-spider.jpg

Elessar
09-25-2015, 03:52 PM
I'll be waiting on that for some time! Ewwww

Ever heard of a dust-pan and commode?:laugh:

Elessar
09-25-2015, 03:54 PM

One gal I worked with was deathly scared of any spider.

I told her that, except in the Arctic regions, we are never farther than 10 feet of a spider...

She freaked!:laugh2:

Elessar
09-25-2015, 04:04 PM
Wasps...

I used to get rid of yellowjacket nests in tree roots by pouring Coleman fuel
down the hole and lighting a match.

Then I ran into a nest inside the crotch of a tree and tried the fuel. One of
those wasps stuck its head out before the match was lit...it was not a yellowjacket.
The head on that thing was as big as my pinkie finger - and I have huge hands!

Got some of that stuff Gunny was talking about and got them from 15 feet away...
even having to hit them on the wing while they were stunned. That was freaky!

Gunny
09-25-2015, 04:04 PM

I told her that, except in the Arctic regions, we are never farther than 10 feet of a spider...

Better ... tell them they're on the boat and there's NO escape. :laugh:

We have them everywhere down here. We just step on them or whatever. Yellowjackets and scorpions are the biggest thing in Texas. We always ran around barefoot. We were more worried about stickers. But we could walk to the store on asphalt when it was 100 degrees out.

If we DIDN'T have spiders around were looking for what was eating them.:laugh:

Bilgerat
09-25-2015, 04:21 PM

At the Curtis Bay small boat Station they had a tarantula in a glass tank. It was claimed to be the unit "pet".

I was sent there TAD, saw the arachnid and made it clear that if it came out of the tank, I had a large hammer :laugh:

Gunny
09-25-2015, 04:32 PM
At the Curtis Bay small boat Station they had a tarantula in a glass tank. It was claimed to be the unit "pet".

I was sent there TAD, saw the arachnid and made it clear that if it came out of the tank, I had a large hammer :laugh:

Had a couple of idiots at 29 Palms that thought keeping a sidewinder was cool. They'd get stoned and screw with it. Imagine their shock when one of them got bit. :laugh:

DLT
09-25-2015, 05:37 PM
Anyone heard the story of how many spiders one swallows in their sleep over the course of a lifetime?:poke:

Oh great. Now I won't sleep (sober, anyway) for a week. Thanks a lot, Gunny!

Elessar
09-25-2015, 06:01 PM
Had a couple of idiots at 29 Palms that thought keeping a sidewinder was cool. They'd get stoned and screw with it. Imagine their shock when one of them got bit. :laugh:

O.K....that was just plain stupid! At least it was not a Green Mohave Rattler! Those little
critters are aggressive!

Gunny
09-25-2015, 06:13 PM
O.K....that was just plain stupid! At least it was not a Green Mohave Rattler! Those little
critters are aggressive!

It WAS a Mohave sidewinder. Where you think 29 Palms is? Aggressive snakes and dumbass stoner PFCs are NOT a good mix.:laugh:

Gunny
09-25-2015, 06:22 PM
Had this dumbass female LCpl jump up on the 299 yard line on the range and start blasting away. I was Cpl with a pregnant wife. That was a no go. Had my sights right on her. She saw me and stopped. Then my sense of humor kicked in. I was like Hell, that snake's crawling away. You wasted 10 rounds and didn't hit shit.:laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-25-2015, 08:56 PM

SNAKES DO NOT BOTHER ME AT ALL. I MUST HAVE SHOT AND KILLED A COUPLE THOUSAND WITH 22 CALIBER RIFLE GROWING UP--IT WAS GOOD TARGET PRACTICE.

However, ffing spiders I hate.. I kill every damn spider I see as fast as I can regardless of where I am at the time, my house, anybody's house , public building, etc.
I was bitten by a damn bad one in my sleep as a kid. Rotted a place out on my leg.
Still have a very wicked looking scar there. :mad::mad::mad: -Tyr