PDA

View Full Version : Fight at my daughter's school

gabosaurus
09-25-2015, 12:40 PM
I read constantly about fights and disturbances at schools and never think it will happen in Huntington Beach. It's primarily laid back suburban kids who accept each other.
Turns out I was wrong. But not for the reasons I feared.

A social misfit was attempting to bully a kid who is visually impaired. A third kid intervened, smacked the misfit in the head and threatened his well being if he tried to do it again.
Under school rules, the third kid faces the same suspension as the bully. Other kids are seeking to lobby in his behalf.

http://abc7.com/news/arrest-made-after-video-shows-oc-student-punching-blind-classmate/1000803/

tailfins
09-25-2015, 12:45 PM
I read constantly about fights and disturbances at schools and never think it will happen in Huntington Beach. It's primarily laid back suburban kids who accept each other.

A social misfit was attempting to bully a kid who is visually impaired. A third kid intervened, smacked the misfit in the head and threatened his well being if he tried to do it again.
Under school rules, the third kid faces the same suspension as the bully. Other kids are seeking to lobby in his behalf.

http://abc7.com/news/arrest-made-after-video-shows-oc-student-punching-blind-classmate/1000803/

Don't make threats. Dial 911 and file a criminal complaint. Don't trust school employees. Someone about to be arrested thinks twice about digging themselves in deeper. You can even tell the perpetrator that you hope he gets raped in jail.

Abbey Marie
09-25-2015, 12:46 PM

This kid should run for office someday:

"Personally I think that the kid that originally started the fight should be the only one to get into any trouble," said Ben Tappeiner.

Gunny
09-25-2015, 01:01 PM

Been there done that. I had to go see the VP of my daughter's school because she defended herself. Let's just say we didn't see eye to eye? I told her under NO circumstances would I tell my daughter to not defend herself. Since I was on my way to work, in uniform with all my bells and whistles on, I think she got the point.

I think it's a bunch of crap. Bullies need their asses knocked out.

jimnyc
09-25-2015, 01:08 PM
Been there done that. I had to go see the VP of my daughter's school because she defended herself. Let's just say we didn't see eye to eye? I told her under NO circumstances would I tell my daughter to not defend herself. Since I was on my way to work, in uniform with all my bells and whistles on, I think she got the point.

I saw this yesterday and the kid should get a medal. The other guy was punching a kid that was basically blind in his face. Then this guy ended that with one punch, and then chastised him for beating up a blind kid. While the first kid did get arrested for his actions, and the one who stopped it didn't, the one who stopped it got suspended from school and tossed off the football team. I think that's crap.

Motown
09-25-2015, 01:09 PM

That's the way it was when I was in school. Good to see nothing has changed.

tailfins
09-25-2015, 01:19 PM

My youngest took care of a bully by filing a criminal complaint. It took care of the problem, no fuss, no muss. The principal was a bit angry, but had no recourse.

Gunny
09-25-2015, 01:28 PM
I saw this yesterday and the kid should get a medal. The other guy was punching a kid that was basically blind in his face. Then this guy ended that with one punch, and then chastised him for beating up a blind kid. While the first kid did get arrested for his actions, and the one who stopped it didn't, the one who stopped it got suspended from school and tossed off the football team. I think that's crap.

Damned right it's crap. Want to be #1 on my shitlist? Be a bully. I have zero tolerance for them. Always picking on the weak. NEVER pick on someone that can fight back. And it's a mindset. What are you trying to prove? I always got into fights with guys bigger than me. Shit, I got into a fistfight with the Marine that lived next door in base housing when I was 15.

But THAT is what everything is about, isn't it? All these African Muslims killing helpless women and children and that dumbass ISIS bunch of fags. Anyone ever seen any of them stand up in battle like men? No. The murder women and children and the old.

Perianne
09-25-2015, 03:16 PM
Damned right it's crap. Want to be #1 on my shitlist? Be a bully. I have zero tolerance for them. Always picking on the weak. NEVER pick on someone that can fight back. And it's a mindset. What are you trying to prove? I always got into fights with guys bigger than me. Shit, I got into a fistfight with the Marine that lived next door in base housing when I was 15.

But THAT is what everything is about, isn't it? All these African Muslims killing helpless women and children and that dumbass ISIS bunch of fags. Anyone ever seen any of them stand up in battle like men? No. The murder women and children and the old.

You know, I absolutely love a man who will stand up to others for his woman and children. I was never in fear of anyone whenever my beloved husband was with me.

gabosaurus
09-25-2015, 03:22 PM
Don't make threats. Dial 911 and file a criminal complaint. Don't trust school employees. Someone about to be arrested thinks twice about digging themselves in deeper. You can even tell the perpetrator that you hope he gets raped in jail.

Do your kids have any friends at all? Because obviously none of you are living in the real world. :rolleyes:

Gunny
09-25-2015, 03:25 PM
You know, I absolutely love a man who will stand up to others for his woman and children. I was never in fear of anyone whenever my beloved husband was with me.

Some of us are still men. I just wasn't brought up to be a wuss. And guys in MY world protect women and children. I'd LOVE to have seen one of these jerkoffs hit a woman or a child when I was a teen. Half the neighborhood would have been in line to get some licks in.

Nobody cares anymore.

gabosaurus
09-25-2015, 03:29 PM
The perpetrator has been arrested and is being held by juvenile authorities. He has not yet been charged.
My daughter told me that school officials met with a group of students (which they regularly do, much to their credit) and said that "no action is being taken at the current time." Which is a positive sign.
Strangely enough, the bully's parents have not filed a complaint with the school. Which means they are either lawyering up or perhaps realize that their kid is an jackass.

gabosaurus
09-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Some of us are still men. I just wasn't brought up to be a wuss. And guys in MY world protect women and children. I'd LOVE to have seen one of these jerkoffs hit a woman or a child when I was a teen. Half the neighborhood would have been in line to get some licks in.

Nobody cares anymore.

Actually, they do. This incident proves that. There is very little bullying where my daughter goes to school because the kids take care of it among themselves.
When my daughter was in 8th grade last year, there was one misfit girl who continually bullied a black kid and a Muslim girl. It all ended one day when the bully was "accidentally" elbowed in the head and shoved into a locker during a class change. The bully's mom was furious, but the school could do nothing because, strangely enough, no one witnessed the incident. :rolleyes:
The main rule is to keep fighting out of school. You can get into serious trouble. If you want to fight with someone, meet them outside of school.

tailfins
09-25-2015, 07:50 PM
Actually, they do. This incident proves that. There is very little bullying where my daughter goes to school because the kids take care of it among themselves.
When my daughter was in 8th grade last year, there was one misfit girl who continually bullied a black kid and a Muslim girl. It all ended one day when the bully was "accidentally" elbowed in the head and shoved into a locker during a class change. The bully's mom was furious, but the school could do nothing because, strangely enough, no one witnessed the incident. :rolleyes:
The main rule is to keep fighting out of school. You can get into serious trouble. If you want to fight with someone, meet them outside of school.

Or you could just go about your business and lead a drama-free life. My sons keep to themselves and stay inconspicuous. The last trouble I can remember is that my oldest son gave another kid a desktop computer. Some of the other kids started ridiculing him and calling him "Jesus". We are anti-hoarders: If you don't need something, give it away to someone who has a use for it.

Perianne
09-25-2015, 09:01 PM

I suppose in the liberal world it is always a black and a Muslim who get bullied.

Gunny
09-25-2015, 10:24 PM

I went to school in CA. Try again. No different than anywhere else. A fight happens where it happens.

The fight with my daughter happened after hours next door. The school just felt the need to stick their nose in.

gabosaurus
09-26-2015, 12:18 AM
I suppose in the liberal world it is always a black and a Muslim who get bullied.

If you are in the minority, sometimes you get bullied. Kids of all kinds get bullied. At my daughter's school, there is a very strong anti-bullying sentiment. The school rarely acts against the kids who shut down bullies because there is often a code of silence among the kids who witness it.

gabosaurus
09-26-2015, 12:20 AM
I went to school in CA. Try again. No different than anywhere else. A fight happens where it happens.

The fight with my daughter happened after hours next door. The school just felt the need to stick their nose in.

You went to school several decades ago. I can't speak for all schools or districts. I am only familiar with the one my daughter attends and the district that I work for.