PDA

View Full Version : This Getting Old Sh*t Sucks

Gunny
09-25-2015, 03:12 PM
I wasn't done having fun yet, dammit.

Perianne
09-25-2015, 03:14 PM

Gunny, you are not as old as I am and I am still having fun. I have a date tonight! :)

Gunny
09-25-2015, 03:29 PM
Gunny, you are not as old as I am and I am still having fun. I have a date tonight! :)

With who? I don't recall seeing that request for date coming across the desk.

And we're within a couple of years of each other, ma'am. My problem is my legs are worse than Stone Cold Steve Austin's. I get up, knee brace and ankle brace before anything else. I've probably abused my body a "bit" more than you.:laugh:

I've said before, I wouldn't change a thing as far as that goes. I just wasn't done yet. :)

gabosaurus
09-25-2015, 03:42 PM
My problem is my legs are worse than Stone Cold Steve Austin's. I get up, knee brace and ankle brace before anything else. I've probably abused my body a "bit" more than you.:laugh:

You sound like my father-in-law. So many ailments he can barely get up and down. But he still mows his lawn and does necessary repairs because "he's not dead yet." :laugh:

Gunny
09-25-2015, 04:21 PM
You sound like my father-in-law. So many ailments he can barely get up and down. But he still mows his lawn and does necessary repairs because "he's not dead yet." :laugh:

And I ain't dead yet either. Hat's off to him.

jimnyc
09-26-2015, 08:23 AM

Getting older doesn't mean you can't have fun anymore, it just means people don't expect you to have as much fun, and you have better chances of being arrested. That's why I don't visit NJ as often as I can, because I have TOO much fun there. :laugh:

Gunny
09-26-2015, 09:47 AM
Getting older doesn't mean you can't have fun anymore, it just means people don't expect you to have as much fun, and you have better chances of being arrested. That's why I don't visit NJ as often as I can, because I have TOO much fun there. :laugh:

I wouldn't visit NJ if I was 18. :laugh: From what I've seen on Cops, they're bored and have nothing better to do than run around rousting people.

I can still DO anything. The difference is, I can't pop right up next morning and do it again. :laugh: Recovery time nowadays is a bitch.

DLT
09-26-2015, 11:21 AM

Do you ever wake up from a long night's sleep and feel worse than you did when you went to bed? Or...do you ever go to bed feeling fine (no aches, pains, etc.) and wake up with your sciatica or a tendon in your leg feeling like you ran an all-night marathon? Lol....that is what getting old is all about.

I'm hobbling around like Chester in Gunsmoke today from a back-related/sciatica issue with my left leg. Last night I was FINE. Crap.

DLT
09-26-2015, 11:25 AM
I wouldn't visit NJ if I was 18. :laugh: From what I've seen on Cops, they're bored and have nothing better to do than run around rousting people.

I can still DO anything. The difference is, I can't pop right up next morning and do it again. :laugh: Recovery time nowadays is a bitch.

And drinking or having a night out is the worst now. Used to be I could go out with my friends and drink till the bars closed (gin and tonic only tho) and still get up and function fine the next am. Now? I'm in bed all day the next day trying to recover. No headache, but exhausted thoroughly as my body tries to fight off the toxins I inflicted it with.

Such is life....

jimnyc
09-26-2015, 11:46 AM
And drinking or having a night out is the worst now. Used to be I could go out with my friends and drink till the bars closed (gin and tonic only tho) and still get up and function fine the next am. Now? I'm in bed all day the next day trying to recover. No headache, but exhausted thoroughly as my body tries to fight off the toxins I inflicted it with.

Such is life....

I was just talking to my brother about this earlier! Too funny. But yep, I can still enjoy the buzz - but I can't drink as much, I will get a hangover much easier - and then the next day it feels like I played football for like 10 hours the day before, and I may need to sleep for 3 days. That's mostly if I drink beer though. I can get away with a little more if it's shots of some good liquors. :)

Gunny
09-26-2015, 11:55 AM

Such is life....

I can't drink. If I go out, it's to dinner. Giving me alcohol is like slapping the Hulk in the face. I'm the biggest pr*ck in the world and have been known to destroy things. I can go out for chicken fried steak or a burger and ice tea.

gabosaurus
09-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Gunny, I think you underestimate yourself.
My best friend's grandfather is mid-80's. Still jogs, plays tennis and tends to his yard. He can still get in your face if he feels the need to.
Most of all, he enjoys taking care of his great-granddaughter. :cool:

Gunny
09-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Gunny, I think you underestimate yourself.
My best friend's grandfather is mid-80's. Still jogs, plays tennis and tends to his yard. He can still get in your face if he feels the need to.
Most of all, he enjoys taking care of his great-granddaughter. :cool:

I don't underestimate myself. The opposite is more likely true. There IS a time when you just can't do what you used to. I haven't been able to come to terms with that. It's frustrating when you can't, and that leads to anger. The paradox is I'm still bigger, stronger and more skilled than most everyone else. I'm just not as big, strong and skilled as I once was. I compare me to myself, not anyone else.

And I don't have a lawn to mow. The desert don't have a lot of grass.

This kiddo isn't even mine and I love having her. That's not even a question. Problem is, I end up babysitting her almost every day all day. Getting the aforementioned anything else done doesn't happen with a 3 month old baby.

LongTermGuy
09-26-2015, 02:55 PM
I can't drink. If I go out, it's to dinner. Giving me alcohol is like slapping the Hulk in the face. I'm the biggest pr*ck in the world and have been known to destroy things. I can go out for chicken fried steak or a burger and ice tea.

....I used to be that way...the older I got I ....learned to have better self control....Now...I can be a Prick when I choose to be.....:laugh:

Gunny
09-26-2015, 02:57 PM
....I used to be that way...the older I got I ....learned to have better self control....Now...I can be a Prick when I choose to be.....:laugh:

I'm working on that "when I choose to be shit". :laugh:

gabosaurus
09-26-2015, 03:58 PM
This kiddo isn't even mine and I love having her. That's not even a question. Problem is, I end up babysitting her almost every day all day. Getting the aforementioned anything else done doesn't happen with a 3 month old baby.

I have heard that nothing helps keep you young like grandchildren. And you are providing a stable role model for a child who doesn't have one.
Though I wouldn't be surprised if her first words are "liberals suck." :laugh:

WiccanLiberal
09-26-2015, 06:15 PM
The warranty expires --- and nobody warns ya about that! Actually went to bed last night at a reasonable hour. (Patted myself on the back for avoiding the chaos at MSG and Penn created by the Pope's visit. I came home via Brooklyn) Woke up at 2 bloody AM with a leg cramp that made me almost cry. Walked for a solid hour before it let up. Finally managed to get to sleep again and woke up feeling hung over. Gosh darned unfair since I didn't drink anything and never was a victim of hangovers when I did overindulge in my youth. Everything darned well hurts and I deeply resent it and request whoever is in charge put a halt to it immediately.

Gunny
09-26-2015, 07:27 PM
I have heard that nothing helps keep you young like grandchildren. And you are providing a stable role model for a child who doesn't have one.
Though I wouldn't be surprised if her first words are "liberals suck." :laugh:

Nothing keeps you worn the f= out like grandchildren.