PDA

View Full Version : Trump Vs. the Pope

jimnyc
09-26-2015, 11:42 AM
Well, just a few differences anyway, but I don't think we'll see insults, nor a reply from the Pope. And I just LOVE the end of the article!!

---

WashingtonDonald Trump believes Pope Francis' words on immigration are "beautiful," but expressed fundamental disagreements with the Pope on how to handle immigrants as well as the need to address climate change.

On Wednesday, Pope Francis urged Americans to "not be afraid to welcome" immigrants into the U.S., a stark contrast with Trump's harsh language calling undocumented Mexican immigrants "killers" and "rapists." Trump has also pledged to build a massive wall on the U.S.-Mexico border and deport the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the U.S.

"Well, I think his words are beautiful and I respect the Pope and I like the Pope very much," Trump said Thursday to CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day." "I will say this, we have a country that is going through tremendous problems. We owe $19 trillion. So No. 1 we can't afford this process."

Trump pointed to crimes committed by undocumented immigrants in the U.S., and said America needs to keep undocumented workers from taking jobs from Americans.

Trump also broke with the Pope's strenuous plea for the U.S. and other countries to seriously address climate change and work to protect the environment.

Trump insisted that he was "not a believer in climate change," claiming that extreme weather patterns scientists attribute to man-made climate changes are simply "weather."

"It's called weather changes and you have storm and you have rain and you have beautiful days," Trump said.

Trump suggested clean energy policies to reduce CO2 emissions would "imperil jobs" and "the middle class and lower classes."

There is overwhelming scientific evidence backing the theory that global warming is occurring and is tied to man-made activities.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/24/politics/donald-trump-pope-francis-immigration-climate-change/

gabosaurus
09-26-2015, 11:55 AM
The global warming debate boils down to science vs. politics.
The scientific community knows global warming is occurring and that man made activities, specifically fossil fuel emissions, are to blame.
Conservative politicians oppose global warming because much of their campaign funding comes from the fossil fuel industry. Giving in to pressure from the scientific community would endanger their bank accounts.

Black Diamond
09-26-2015, 11:57 AM
There is overwhelming evidence that CNN is a left-wing whorehouse.

Gunny
09-26-2015, 11:58 AM
The global warming debate boils down to science vs. politics.
The scientific community knows global warming is occurring and that man made activities, specifically fossil fuel emissions, are to blame.
Conservative politicians oppose global warming because much of their campaign funding comes from the fossil fuel industry. Giving in to pressure from the scientific community would endanger their bank accounts.

The man made argument is bullshit.

Motown
09-26-2015, 12:00 PM
Donald Trump and the Pope; two people who should not be talking about climate science.

I'm not a scientist but I recognize obfuscation when I see it. After seeing the way the warmers and the media interpreted IPCC5 they both lost all credibility with me.

gabosaurus
09-26-2015, 12:02 PM
I'm not a scientist...

No, you aren't.

Motown
09-26-2015, 12:03 PM
No, you aren't.

Ladies and Gentlemen: Exhibit A

Gunny
09-26-2015, 12:03 PM
No, you aren't.

Neither are you. Matter of fact, you're rather uninformed for a school teacher.

Gunny
09-26-2015, 12:05 PM
Donald Trump and the Pope; two people who should not be talking about climate science.

I'm not a scientist but I recognize obfuscation when I see it. After seeing the way the warmers and the media interpreted IPCC5 they both lost all credibility with me.

Wait ... I got a crystal ball .... I predict the Earth's climate will change just like it always has. Damn, THAT one was tough.

Next up: I shall use my crystal ball to predict which day we celebrate Christmas.

gabosaurus
09-26-2015, 12:06 PM

I am as much of a school teacher as you are a Naval ensign. :cool:

Gunny
09-26-2015, 12:10 PM
I am as much of a school teacher as you are a Naval ensign. :cool:

Change jobs, didja? And Hell, I WISH I was a Naval Ensign. Give me a destroyer.

So now you're not a school teacher, huh? Neither am I. No excuse for ignorance. You got ONE thing right. It's about politics and you allow yours to cloud your mind.

gabosaurus
09-26-2015, 12:12 PM
Change jobs, didja? And Hell, I WISH I was a Naval Ensign. Give me a destroyer.

So now you're not a school teacher, huh? Neither am I. No excuse for ignorance. You got ONE thing right. It's about politics and you allow yours to cloud your mind.

I've never been a teacher. I am a counselor. You screw up your kids and I help them regain their senses.

Gunny
09-26-2015, 12:25 PM
I've never been a teacher. I am a counselor. You screw up your kids and I help them regain their senses.

So you're actually WORSE than a teacher. I try to teach my kids the right thing and you tell them they're screwed up. See how THAT works?

tailfins
09-26-2015, 12:41 PM

I wonder what would happen if you told a kid NOT to report illegal activity, as you express being in favor of regard in bullies. Stalking, assault and battery are all criminal acts.

jimnyc
09-26-2015, 01:07 PM

What matters is, the Pope is not a scientist either.

And the overwhelming scientific evidence is almost hilarious, considering the amount of lies and BS that has been submitted by some in studies. Trump is correct on this one, and no disrespect in disagreeing with the Pope on such issues.

You'll also notice they continue to state that Trump was talking about "immigrants", not ILLEGAL immigrants. Much of the media have done that from day one.

Gunny
09-26-2015, 01:18 PM
What matters is, the Pope is not a scientist either.

And the overwhelming scientific evidence is almost hilarious, considering the amount of lies and BS that has been submitted by some in studies. Trump is correct on this one, and no disrespect in disagreeing with the Pope on such issues.

You'll also notice they continue to state that Trump was talking about "immigrants", not ILLEGAL immigrants. Much of the media have done that from day one.

I hear ya. The media and left likes to portray abortion and partial birth abortion as the same and flip flop in that one as well. Depends on which part of the argument they want to use. Calling illegals just immigrants is just as BS.

Anyone offended that I want the Pope off my tube, tough sh*t. TV's bad enough without giving credence to someone that means nothing to more than half the population. This country was founded by people fleeing religious prosecution by the Catholic church. Why everyone acts like he's somebody important with something to say beats me. I don't see John Hagee getting the same attention. Nor Huckabee. They just get slammed.

No offense to Catholics, btw ... just get off my tube and out of the news.

tailfins
09-26-2015, 01:46 PM
Trump (a nominal Presbyterian) vs The Pope (the "leader" of who Revelation refers to as "the second beast" who worships "the great whore"): That's an easy one.

I believe the False Prophet (the second beast in (Revelation 13:11-15) will be the Catholic Pope.

Why Many Bible Students Consider the Vatican's Mary to Be THE GREAT WHORE

"For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore(Roman Catholicism), which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand." ―Revelation 19:2)
"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists ((Popes and priests)); whereby we know that it is the last time" ―1st John 2:18

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/the_great_whore.htm

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/salvationtract.jpg

LongTermGuy
09-26-2015, 02:48 PM
Well, just a few differences anyway, but I don't think we'll see insults, nor a reply from the Pope. And I just LOVE the end of the article!!

---

WashingtonDonald Trump believes Pope Francis' words on immigration are "beautiful," but expressed fundamental disagreements with the Pope on how to handle immigrants as well as the need to address climate change.

On Wednesday, Pope Francis urged Americans to "not be afraid to welcome" immigrants into the U.S., a stark contrast with Trump's harsh language calling undocumented Mexican immigrants "killers" and "rapists." Trump has also pledged to build a massive wall on the U.S.-Mexico border and deport the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the U.S.

"Well, I think his words are beautiful and I respect the Pope and I like the Pope very much," Trump said Thursday to CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day." "I will say this, we have a country that is going through tremendous problems. We owe $19 trillion. So No. 1 we can't afford this process."

Trump pointed to crimes committed by undocumented immigrants in the U.S., and said America needs to keep undocumented workers from taking jobs from Americans.

Trump also broke with the Pope's strenuous plea for the U.S. and other countries to seriously address climate change and work to protect the environment.

Trump insisted that he was "not a believer in climate change," claiming that extreme weather patterns scientists attribute to man-made climate changes are simply "weather."

"It's called weather changes and you have storm and you have rain and you have beautiful days," Trump said.

Trump suggested clean energy policies to reduce CO2 emissions would "imperil jobs" and "the middle class and lower classes."

There is overwhelming scientific evidence backing the theory that global warming is occurring and is tied to man-made activities.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/24/politics/donald-trump-pope-francis-immigration-climate-change/

.....If the Pope is so concerned with immigrants (previously called Illegal aliens) I feel he should move 20,000 to Vatican City to help out.....Come back and Lecture America after doing that and I will Listen...

gabosaurus
09-26-2015, 04:13 PM
The Pope has long stated his support of the poor and blighted, as well as those who are of lesser means.
As a non-Catholic, I feel quite enlightened to hear a Pope willing to go off script in his remarks. About time someone defied the belief of Papal infallibility and actually try to sweep out the skeletons in the Vatican closet.
He still needs to be more forceful in eliminating pedophile priests from the Catholic hierarchy. There are still way too many and the Church has historically tried to hide the problem.