PDA

View Full Version : Media thumps Trump, but polls show he's winning big

jimnyc
09-27-2015, 10:13 AM
Rumors of Donald Trump’s demise may have been greatly exaggerated.

Ever since rival Carly Fiorina was widely perceived to have bested Trump at the second GOP debate in California on Sept. 16, media outlets have been lining up to suggest that the front-runner is waning.

Trump has hit back with characteristic vigor. But he has a point, independent observers say.

“The reality is that he does have a hold on some people and he doesn’t appear to be surrendering it,” said Mark Mellman, a veteran Democratic pollster who is also a columnist for The Hill.

Much of the negative media attention has been built around a single poll in the immediate aftermath of the debate, by CNN/ORC.

The survey showed the businessman’s support among Republican voters nationwide had declined by 8 percentage points since the last survey from the same source, less than two weeks before.

That was a sizable decline, to be sure — even though Trump still led his closest rival by 9 percentage points. But no other reputable poll since the debate has shown Trump falling by anything like that margin.

A survey from Fox News released earlier this week showed the businessman at 26 percent support nationally, an increase of 1 point since Fox’s last survey in mid-August. A Bloomberg poll gave him 21 percent — good enough for a 5-point lead over the field and an unchanged rating since the last poll from the financial news outlet at the beginning of August.

The picture is not substantially different in the crucial early states — and, in some cases, it is even better for Trump.

The Democratic-leaning firm Public Policy Polling (PPP) released a new survey from Iowa this week in which Trump polled at 24 percent — a 5-point rise over his showing in PPP’s previous poll of the Hawkeye State in the immediate aftermath of the first GOP debate on Aug. 6.

Trump’s support could collapse eventually — as is the case with any other candidate — but there is precious little evidence that his supporters are deserting him.

“The national polling that has come out this week has been mixed,” said PPP director Tom Jensen. “But it’s not something where I would buy into a narrative of Trump declining, unless that was the narrative I wanted. I think, in some quarters, the media people are getting bored [with Trump’s strength] and are ready to write a different story.”

Rest here - http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/255032-media-thumps-trump-but-polls-show-hes-winning-big

NightTrain
09-27-2015, 11:23 AM
It's been funny watching prediction after prediction be completely wrong about how he's about to crash & burn.

I had no idea those crystal balls were so wildly unreliable!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-27-2015, 12:25 PM
It's been funny watching prediction after prediction be completely wrong about how he's about to crash & burn.

I had no idea those crystal balls were so wildly unreliable!

As he should be since he verbally sticks it to them every chance he gets.
Remember how we conservatives screamed about Bush for 8 long years let their ffing lies stand unopposed?
Well, Trump doesn't play that stupid silence game and look were speaking out got him!!
In that he is like me,
if I get hit-I hit back faster and harder EVERY DAMN TIME! Both here and in real life events.. always have.
SILENCE DEOSNT WORK ON BULLIES--ITS STUPIDITY TO EVER THINK THAT IT WILL IMHO.-TYR

LongTermGuy
09-27-2015, 01:05 PM
*They Huff and Puff and keep trying to blow the Trump house down with their Lies and Deceit....to no avail....:salute:"The 10 Biggest Media Lies About Donald Trump"

Here is a couple....

>> 1. He is not a billionaire. Forbes magazine researchers have placed his worth at $4 billion, while Trump asserts that he is worth $10 billion. A disclosure document recently released by the Federal Election Commission lists 515 different positions and 168 assets and sources of income for Trump.

The assets include 23 that are valued at more than $50 million each. Many items require that he check the box marked "$50 million or more" when they could be worth considerably more, meaning Trump's fortune may be higher than the disclosure suggests.

>> 2. Trump is not a successful businessman. Critics says he inherited a fortune from his family and has declared bankruptcy several times. But Trump's father had a net wealth estimated at between $250 million and $400 million at the time of his death, and he had four surviving children who were heirs, so Trump is responsible for accumulating the great bulk of his fortune.

*Trump has never personally declared bankruptcy. Some businesses he controlled or licensed his name have, but this is not unusual for a mogul who has owned hundreds of properties and businesses through the years.

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/trump-biggest-media-lies/2015/07/25/id/658877/

Black Diamond
09-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Trump is unveiling his taxplan tomorrow. For those who want specifics.

Abbey Marie
09-27-2015, 10:28 PM
Latest NBC poll have Trump and Carson within 1 point of each other.

LongTermGuy
09-28-2015, 12:52 AM

"The NBC/WSJ poll was conducted Sept. 20-24 of 256 Democratic voters (which has a margin of error of plus-minus 6.1 percentage points) and 230 GOP primary voters (plus-minus 6.5 percentage points). The rest of the poll will be released Monday."

Hmmm...NBC poll.....

If you look at a sizable cross section of major polls, Trump is increasing his lead nationally into the 30%+ range and more importantly he has been in the lead for 3 months in all the first [ 4 ] primary states. Latest:NH = 25% +11 on Carson
IA = 27% +6 on Carson
SC = 34% +15 on Carson
NV = 38% +22 on Walker [ of course Walker is out now ]
VIP to note is Carson supporters would most likely be Trump supporters.

The point is - he'll most likely win all the primaries leading up to Super Tuesday which means the momentum he will have at point that is very strong and irrefutable. He may have the nomination coming out of Super Tuesday. The RNC and DC establishment knows this and are throwing EVERYTHING at Trump right now to try and disturb this trend..

Black Diamond
09-28-2015, 01:45 AM
Newt thinks the next President will be one of the three anti-establishment candidates.

Black Diamond
09-28-2015, 04:25 AM

I knew youd bd excited about that.

Jeff
09-28-2015, 06:33 AM
It's simple, join the Trump train or watch our Country finishing being flushed . Is he the best guy for president, NO, hell he isn't even a politician, but maybe that is what we need, after all can he really do any worse than what Obama did, and he certainly is heads and tails over what the Dems want to put on the Ballot.

jimnyc
09-28-2015, 07:46 AM

Yeps... And Carson increased 10 points, and Fiorina about 9 points, and Trump only lost one. Looks like the others are tanking!

---

Donald Trump and Ben Carson are running neck and neck in the national Republican presidential horserace, while Carly Fiorina is now tied for third place with Marco Rubio, according to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

And on the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton has lost ground to Bernie Sanders — she leads him by just seven points with Joe Biden in the race, and 15 points without the vice president. That's down from Clinton's 34-point lead over Sanders in July and her whopping 60-point lead in June.

In the GOP race, Trump is the first choice of 21 percent of Republican primary voters — followed by Carson at 20 percent and Rubio and Fiorina tied at 11 percent each.

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/nbc-wsj-poll-2016-gop-race-n433991

Abbey Marie
09-28-2015, 02:30 PM
I knew youd bd excited about that.

I would be, except I've learned from the last two elections that I will probably just be gravely disappointed if I am. Call it cautious optimism. I want to avoid the sad/angry feelings from the last time.