PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben goes down

jimnyc
09-28-2015, 07:42 AM
Sprained his MCL and out 4-6 weeks, and there likely goes the season down the drain. :( He was 20 out of 24 up to that point and a player went to the ground and then kept at him and took him down low, and Ben's leg nearly bent in half. You knew instantly that was the season. :( Some say 4, some say 6 weeks.

And yes, now the dog killer steps in. He came in yesterday and promptly fumbled, even if a Steeler recovered. It's going to be difficult watching until Ben returns, if I watch. :(

Gunny
09-28-2015, 12:48 PM
Sprained his MCL and out 4-6 weeks, and there likely goes the season down the drain. :( He was 20 out of 24 up to that point and a player went to the ground and then kept at him and took him down low, and Ben's leg nearly bent in half. You knew instantly that was the season. :( Some say 4, some say 6 weeks.

And yes, now the dog killer steps in. He came in yesterday and promptly fumbled, even if a Steeler recovered. It's going to be difficult watching until Ben returns, if I watch. :(

Well, there goes the Cowboys and Steelers. Guess there's no sense in watching football this season. :laugh:

jimnyc
09-28-2015, 01:05 PM
Well, there goes the Cowboys and Steelers. Guess there's no sense in watching football this season. :laugh:

I feel like I was just cheated out of football. Our next 5-6 games are tough too. Unless a miracle happens, all that's left is to wish shitty seasons for everyone else. :laugh:

Gunny
09-28-2015, 01:09 PM
I feel like I was just cheated out of football. Our next 5-6 games are tough too. Unless a miracle happens, all that's left is to wish shitty seasons for everyone else. :laugh:

Well yeah. It's like voting for president. It's not who you're voting for, it's who you're voting against. As long as the Deadskins, Beagles and Ravens lose their asses off, I'm good.

jimnyc
09-28-2015, 01:27 PM
Well yeah. It's like voting for president. It's not who you're voting for, it's who you're voting against. As long as the Deadskins, Beagles and Ravens lose their asses off, I'm good.

Ravens are 0-3 which is great, but the Bungles are 3-0. We need them to start losing. They will need to be within sight of the AFC North leader if/when Ben returns.

Gunny
09-28-2015, 01:36 PM
Ravens are 0-3 which is great, but the Bungles are 3-0. We need them to start losing. They will need to be within sight of the AFC North leader if/when Ben returns.

Who have they played? They usually crash and burn themselves.

jimnyc
09-28-2015, 01:49 PM
Who have they played? They usually crash and burn themselves.

Oakland, San Diego & Baltimore

Abbey Marie
09-28-2015, 02:38 PM
Jim, your neighbors, the New York Football Giants, await your support.

;)

http://cdn3.volusion.com/u47ok.bmqn6/v/vspfiles/photos/LP-716-2.jpg

gabosaurus
09-28-2015, 02:45 PM
I was watching the game with my favorite Steelers fan. It was brutal and discouraging. But the mantra of all sports has always been "next man up." Look at how many teams have to to rely on backups.
I am quite sure my friend Katie will be at my house for the next Steelers game regardless.

jimnyc
09-28-2015, 05:11 PM
Jim, your neighbors, the New York Football Giants, await your support.

I couldn't go against the Steelers. And even if I could, the Giants would be like #29 or so in my order of clubs I would ever root for! :laugh:

I will be pulling for Le'Veon to get as many yards rushing as possible, and for the receivers to take tiny gains into big gains. Anything other than clapping for Vick. It's funny, I used to be a huge fan of his. Purposely went to go see him play at Rutgers when he was playing for VT, since that's where the woman went to school. I even liked him when he played for Atlanta, he sure was a lot of fun to watch play, and he was damn good. Then I found out he was a dog killer. Yes, he paid his debt, but every time I see his face I kinda snarl a little. Good thing he wears one of those tinted shields on his facemask! :thumb:

Gunny
09-28-2015, 05:21 PM
I couldn't go against the Steelers. And even if I could, the Giants would be like #29 or so in my order of clubs I would ever root for! :laugh:

I will be pulling for Le'Veon to get as many yards rushing as possible, and for the receivers to take tiny gains into big gains. Anything other than clapping for Vick. It's funny, I used to be a huge fan of his. Purposely went to go see him play at Rutgers when he was playing for VT, since that's where the woman went to school. I even liked him when he played for Atlanta, he sure was a lot of fun to watch play, and he was damn good. Then I found out he was a dog killer. Yes, he paid his debt, but every time I see his face I kinda snarl a little. Good thing he wears one of those tinted shields on his facemask! :thumb:

Are there only 28 teams then?:laugh:

jimnyc
09-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Are there only 28 teams then?:laugh:

Ravens, Bungles and Brownies... then the Giants and Cowboys and Packers.

Black Diamond
09-28-2015, 05:38 PM

Did you see any hope in Vick?

Gunny
09-28-2015, 05:53 PM
Ravens, Bungles and Brownies... then the Giants and Cowboys and Packers.

I can see the first 4 teams. Division rivals and the homwtown team. Don't get the Cowboys and Packers. They're bigger rivals between each other than either team is the Steelers.

jimnyc
09-28-2015, 06:02 PM
Did you see any hope in Vick?

Not yesterday. He only took a few snaps in the preseason too. It's gonna take some time to get on the same page as the receivers. It's a shame, because we have one of the best receiving corps in football. Hopefully he's putting in OT to learn the playbook. I don't think he'll be as good as Ben at knowing what to call or how to change plays at the line of scrimmage. I think we'll see a lot of rushing and a lot of short passes.

jimnyc
09-28-2015, 06:04 PM
I can see the first 4 teams. Division rivals and the homwtown team. Don't get the Cowboys and Packers. They're bigger rivals between each other than either team is the Steelers.

Cowboys were the SB opponents of the 70's, so I grew up with them being a rival. Then they beat us in the SB in 1995. Now they are forever on the shit list. Same as the Packers and Rodgers beating us in 2010. Forever on the shit list. But shit, I almost forgot, the Patriots go before them too. Hate them fuckers.

Gunny
09-28-2015, 06:06 PM
Not yesterday. He only took a few snaps in the preseason too. It's gonna take some time to get on the same page as the receivers. It's a shame, because we have one of the best receiving corps in football. Hopefully he's putting in OT to learn the playbook. I don't think he'll be as good as Ben at knowing what to call or how to change plays at the line of scrimmage. I think we'll see a lot of rushing and a lot of short passes.

If Vick plays to his potential it won't be such a bad deal. He's been used so sporadically with everyone expecting him to come out gunslinging minute one.

Black Diamond
09-28-2015, 06:12 PM
Cowboys were the SB opponents of the 70's, so I grew up with them being a rival. Then they beat us in the SB in 1995. Now they are forever on the shit list. Same as the Packers and Rodgers beating us in 2010. Forever on the shit list. But shit, I almost forgot, the Patriots go before them too. Hate them fuckers.

Larry Brown made a lot of money for one "play".

jimnyc
09-28-2015, 06:12 PM
If Vick plays to his potential it won't be such a bad deal. He's been used so sporadically with everyone expecting him to come out gunslinging minute one.

My main fear with him is turnovers. Hopefully the OL will give him time back there to find the guys. I don't think he can run like he used to. I suppose they don't need to light it up while Ben is gone, just win a few of them to keep 'em in the mix. Also, this is where the D needs to stand tall too. I called them out to begin the season as the weak link, and after week 3 they are rated #6 in the entire league. They need to keep that up.

jimnyc
09-28-2015, 06:13 PM
Larry Brown made a lot of money for one "play".

Damn Neil O'Donnell!! And Brown made 2 of them in that game!!

Gunny
09-28-2015, 06:54 PM
Damn Neil O'Donnell!! And Brown made 2 of them in that game!!

Yep. Then demanded more money, went to another team and disappeared. A lot of these players don't realize how important the team and its design is. Tony Dorsett ran off to Denver and got injured before the season was over. But it's all about the money now.

Black Diamond
09-28-2015, 06:59 PM
Yep. Then demanded more money, went to another team and disappeared. A lot of these players don't realize how important the team and its design is. Tony Dorsett ran off to Denver and got injured before the season was over. But it's all about the money now.

Dorsett was better than Emmitt Smith imo. Give dorsett Emmitts offensive line and it's 2000 yards per year.

Gunny
09-28-2015, 07:21 PM
Dorsett was better than Emmitt Smith imo. Give dorsett Emmitts offensive line and it's 2000 yards per year.

Can't compare the 2. Dorsett was an outside runner. Emmitt was "Emmit up the middle". Dorsett suited the time he played in. He was at the tail end of the sweep era. Runners like Mercury Morris and OJ ruled. They could out run the defense to the outside.

Emmitt ran mostly off tackle. Dorsett could not have taken the beating Emmitt did.

gabosaurus
09-28-2015, 07:26 PM
If I am in control of the stadium PA at San Diego next Monday night, I would play this song as the Steelers take the field for their first possession.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkuu0Lwb5EM

LongTermGuy
09-28-2015, 09:42 PM

Ya right gunny!:laugh:

Gunny
09-28-2015, 10:38 PM
Ya right gunny!:laugh:

I rarely if ever watch pro football. There has to be NOTHING else on TV. I can't stand it anymore. It's a sport played by money-grubbing pansies controlled by the NFL Yellow Flag Referee Show and got more rules than the Uniform Code of Military Justice. If I remember and am in the mood I check the scores on Monday.

In case you haven't noticed, I have a temper problem. When I start watching a game and dumbass calls by the refs are controlling it, I want to go Billy Jack on the tube. So I find something else to do. If my 2-3 teams ain't in, I don't bother at all. I get more info off this board than I do the tv.