PDA

View Full Version : Image of the witch

WiccanLiberal
09-28-2015, 06:21 PM
It's that time of year again to begin trotting out the jack-o-lanterns and the ghosts made of sheets. Inevitably someone will put up some grotesque caricature they believe represents a witch. Someone on the board here was very kind to me in the recent past in expressing sensitivity to the way witches are perceived and being concerned about a perceived offense. None was there. In the spirit of sharing, I want to offer the following. I have seen it quoted many times by elders of my path. Those who were the victims of the hunts of the past are my sisters in this path. I have to own their lives and deaths and honor them in my own. And I fervently hope that peace and understanding will replace the hate and suspicions that too frequently divide humanity. And in the spirit of my faith I offer a profound Blessed Be to all of like mind here.

The Halloween Witch
Each year they parade her about, the traditional Halloween Witch. Misshapen green face, stringy scraps of hair, a toothless mouth beneath her deformed nose. Gnarled knobby fingers twisted into a claw' protracting from a bent and twisted torso that lurches about on wobbly legs. Most think this abject image to be the creation of a prejudiced mind or merely a Halloween caricature.
I disagree. I believe this to be how Witches were really seen.
Consider that most Witches were women, abducted in the night, and smuggled into dungeons or prisons under the secrecy of darkness to be presented by light of day as a confessed Witch.
Few if any saw a frightened normal looking woman being dragged into a secret room filled with instruments of torture, to be questioned until she confessed to anything suggested to her and to give names or whatever would stop the questions, and the pain.
Crowds only saw the aberration denounced to the world as a self-proclaimed Witch as she was paraded through town en route to be burned, or hanged, or drowned, or stoned, or disposed of in various other forms of Christian love all created to free and save her soul from her depraved body
The jeering crowds viewed the results of hours of torture. The face bruised and broken by countless blows bore a hue of sickly green. The once warm and loving smile gone, replaced by a grimace of broken teeth and torn gums that leer beneath a battered disfigured nose. The disheveled hair conceals bleeding gaps of torn scalp from whence cruel hands had torn away the lovely tresses. Broken twisted hands clutched the wagon for support, fractured fingers with nails torn away locked like groping claws to steady her broken body. All semblance of humanity gone.
This was truly a demon, a bride of Satan, a Witch.
I revere this Halloween Crone and hold her sacred above all. I honor her courage and listen to her warnings of the dark side of man. Each year I shed tears of respect when the mundane exhibit their symbol of Christian love.
(angel ) 6-26-99 Petals & Thorns poetry by angel ) 1993 - 1999

tailfins
09-28-2015, 07:24 PM
If these "alternative lifestyles" have accomplished nothing else, they have caused Bible-believing Christians to get their response exactly right.

Step 1: In the name of Jesus, command the unclean spirit(s) to depart (See Mark, Chapter 5). There are other examples of this in scripture.

After Step 1 has been completed, then the individual remains, not the unclean spirits.

The Bible is full of examples where God's will was worked by unbelievers. Consider Joshua, Chapter 6. Rahab was a Pagan in the city of Jericho, but offered shelter to Joshua. He accepted the shelter as God commanded.

Remember that any carrier of unclean spirits can leave unclean spirits behind. It's important to cast out those unclean spirits that can negatively affect one's life. While one that is saved by Jesus cannot be possessed by demons, they can be oppressed causing problems in one's life.

Gunny
09-28-2015, 07:30 PM
It's that time of year again to begin trotting out the jack-o-lanterns and the ghosts made of sheets. Inevitably someone will put up some grotesque caricature they believe represents a witch. Someone on the board here was very kind to me in the recent past in expressing sensitivity to the way witches are perceived and being concerned about a perceived offense. None was there. In the spirit of sharing, I want to offer the following. I have seen it quoted many times by elders of my path. Those who were the victims of the hunts of the past are my sisters in this path. I have to own their lives and deaths and honor them in my own. And I fervently hope that peace and understanding will replace the hate and suspicions that too frequently divide humanity. And in the spirit of my faith I offer a profound Blessed Be to all of like mind here.

The Halloween Witch
Each year they parade her about, the traditional Halloween Witch. Misshapen green face, stringy scraps of hair, a toothless mouth beneath her deformed nose. Gnarled knobby fingers twisted into a claw' protracting from a bent and twisted torso that lurches about on wobbly legs. Most think this abject image to be the creation of a prejudiced mind or merely a Halloween caricature.
I disagree. I believe this to be how Witches were really seen.
Consider that most Witches were women, abducted in the night, and smuggled into dungeons or prisons under the secrecy of darkness to be presented by light of day as a confessed Witch.
Few if any saw a frightened normal looking woman being dragged into a secret room filled with instruments of torture, to be questioned until she confessed to anything suggested to her and to give names or whatever would stop the questions, and the pain.
Crowds only saw the aberration denounced to the world as a self-proclaimed Witch as she was paraded through town en route to be burned, or hanged, or drowned, or stoned, or disposed of in various other forms of Christian love all created to free and save her soul from her depraved body
The jeering crowds viewed the results of hours of torture. The face bruised and broken by countless blows bore a hue of sickly green. The once warm and loving smile gone, replaced by a grimace of broken teeth and torn gums that leer beneath a battered disfigured nose. The disheveled hair conceals bleeding gaps of torn scalp from whence cruel hands had torn away the lovely tresses. Broken twisted hands clutched the wagon for support, fractured fingers with nails torn away locked like groping claws to steady her broken body. All semblance of humanity gone.
This was truly a demon, a bride of Satan, a Witch.
I revere this Halloween Crone and hold her sacred above all. I honor her courage and listen to her warnings of the dark side of man. Each year I shed tears of respect when the mundane exhibit their symbol of Christian love.
(angel ) 6-26-99 Petals & Thorns poetry by angel ) 1993 - 1999

What others think and say, and their hatred and ignorance should not allow you to let THEM dictate your life.

Voted4Reagan
09-28-2015, 07:50 PM
DELETED TAILFINS COMMENT

Si is est bellum vos volo. Vos vadum have a bellum vos mos nunquam alieno.

WiccanLiberal
09-28-2015, 07:59 PM
What others think and say, and their hatred and ignorance should not allow you to let THEM dictate your life.

I choose to live as so many of my brothers and sisters had no chance to. I choose to live joyfully and peacefully if I can but I refuse to censor myself for anyone. Too many went before me in silenced agony for that. I AM THEIR VOICE!

Voted4Reagan
09-28-2015, 08:07 PM
(Hate filled quote removed... Personal attack against Wiccan Liberal by Tailfins again)

Do you remember 2 weeks ago?

I quote JIMMY:

Enough. You've been asked to stop with this shit. Others may not know what this is about and who it's directed at - but I do, and I'm sure they do too. No more warnings on this. GO TO THE CAGE. Stop with the games and the jabs, or place one another on ignore. Sending a followup PM.

Now your ass belongs to me.... I call on the MODS/ADMINS to finally suspend Tailfins indefinitely for continually attacking every thread WiccanLiberal makes despite his being warned over and over dozens of times..

You want war Fins???

Si is est bellum vos volo. Vos vadum have a bellum vos mos nunquam alieno.

"If you want war... You shall have a war you shall never forget"

tailfins
09-28-2015, 08:09 PM
I'm merely stating MY religious views, which I'm entitled to do. No individual is mentioned in my post.

Voted4Reagan
09-28-2015, 08:19 PM
I'm merely stating MY religious views, which I'm entitled to do. No individual is mentioned in my post.

You've been reported.... be glad that Wiccan is asking me to hold my tongue.... You openly violated the terms Jimmy laid down two weeks ago...

You are reported.... I hope you are suspended.... You were warned on a thread that didnt refer to anyone specifically... and even got a private letter from Jimmy.... Now you flaunt the rules openly again by going after Wiccan in a thread she made to show the importance of this season to her...

Be glad I am holding my tongue... Wiccan asked me to and Jimmy did two weeks ago...

If you aren't suspended I am going to attack YOUR significant other just like you attack mine...

Quid Pro Quo... and

An Eye for an Eye