PDA

View Full Version : First Snow

NightTrain
09-30-2015, 02:50 PM
We got our first snow last night... a bit early by about a month.

It's not much, but there's a couple inches here and quite a bit at higher elevations.

So beware, all you East Coasters and Mid-westerners! The weather-guessers are saying we're going to have another very mild winter in AK and you guys are going to get all of our normal cold & snowy winter activity due to an unusually powerful El Nino this year.

jimnyc
09-30-2015, 02:52 PM
Was like 75 here today, and humid as hell because it rained overnight. Do you want the snow early? I know you Alaskans are weird and like your snow!! To me it's like seeing hell anymore, as it just means work.

NightTrain
09-30-2015, 02:58 PM
Was like 75 here today, and humid as hell because it rained overnight. Do you want the snow early? I know you Alaskans are weird and like your snow!! To me it's like seeing hell anymore, as it just means work.

I can take it or leave it, anymore. I used to ride my snowmachine constantly and couldn't wait for the snow, but that's tapered off as I get older.

Yeah, from what they're saying, Jim, you're going to be one lean & mean unit by the time Spring rolls around! LOTS of snow headed your way. We'll make a mountain man out of you yet.

Elessar
09-30-2015, 03:36 PM
I can take it or leave it, anymore. I used to ride my snowmachine constantly and couldn't wait for the snow, but that's tapered off as I get older.

Yeah, from what they're saying, Jim, you're going to be one lean & mean unit by the time Spring rolls around! LOTS of snow headed your way. We'll make a mountain man out of you yet.

I would take snow very much as opposed to this drought!

gabosaurus
09-30-2015, 05:52 PM
Checking a few long-term weather sites find most expect winter to be greatly affected by a Super El Nino. The general consensus is that upstate New York and inland parts of New England can expect above average snowfalls. Downstate New York and New Jersey could see normal temps and snowfalls, but there are a greater chance for multiple Nor'easters, some of which could be quite severe.

Abbey Marie
09-30-2015, 05:56 PM
I like snow. And we have a hurricane possibly heading our way. :(