PDA

View Full Version : Putin starts the draft - 150,000 soldiers

jimnyc
10-01-2015, 08:11 AM
Vladimir Putin has signed a decree drafting nearly 150,000 conscripts into the Russian military as Moscow's warplanes unleashed a new wave of airstrikes in Syria.

The timing of the move – on the very day Russia entered the Syrian conflict yesterday – will raise suspicions the Russian President is planning a wider offensive to prop up his Syrian counterpart.

A spokesman for the Russian President, however, insisted the signing of the decree was not related to the conflict.

'This is a regular document which the president signs twice a year.' Dmitry Peskov said in comments reported by Sputnik News.

'It is not related to Syria in any way, of course, this situation does not concern the draftees in any way.'

It also came as Moscow said it had attacked 12 targets belonging to the Islamic State, including a command centre in Hama and an ammunition depots in Idlib, on its second day of bombing runs.

But a Syrian security source said they had instead targeted a powerful coalition of Islamist rebels which includes Al-Qaeda's Syria affiliate and which is fiercely opposed to ISIS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3255876/Russia-pouring-gasoline-fire-Syria-s-civil-war-says-America-Putin-defies-West-drops-bombs-non-ISIS-forces-fighting-Assad.html

Gunny
10-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Vladimir Putin has signed a decree drafting nearly 150,000 conscripts into the Russian military as Moscow's warplanes unleashed a new wave of airstrikes in Syria.

The timing of the move – on the very day Russia entered the Syrian conflict yesterday – will raise suspicions the Russian President is planning a wider offensive to prop up his Syrian counterpart.

A spokesman for the Russian President, however, insisted the signing of the decree was not related to the conflict.

'This is a regular document which the president signs twice a year.' Dmitry Peskov said in comments reported by Sputnik News.

'It is not related to Syria in any way, of course, this situation does not concern the draftees in any way.'

It also came as Moscow said it had attacked 12 targets belonging to the Islamic State, including a command centre in Hama and an ammunition depots in Idlib, on its second day of bombing runs.

But a Syrian security source said they had instead targeted a powerful coalition of Islamist rebels which includes Al-Qaeda's Syria affiliate and which is fiercely opposed to ISIS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3255876/Russia-pouring-gasoline-fire-Syria-s-civil-war-says-America-Putin-defies-West-drops-bombs-non-ISIS-forces-fighting-Assad.html

The Syrian government has always been a Russian probie. This isn't a surprise. All their military gear is Russian.

Putin is using the current conflict to try and rebuild the government that kisses Russia's ass. This crap is so predictable and old. Why does everyone in the world give a shit? Let them damned Arabs kill each other off. How many centuries have we been trying to fix that kitty litter box? There IS such a thing as that untrainable recruit. We've been trying to work this crap since the 1st Crusade. Without us, they'd just be killing each other over who owns which sand dune.

We need to go in there and kick the f- out of everyone, or get out. And in case anyone doesn't know THIS cold war baby, I damned sure as Hell wouldn't be backing water for any damned commies. I'd have every F-18 I could get within distance in the air. Want to take on OUR pilots? Good fucking luck.

jimnyc
10-01-2015, 08:46 AM
Personally, I don't care. Let them kill one another, I just hope they start with ISIS first.

Gunny
10-01-2015, 08:52 AM
Personally, I don't care. Let them kill one another, I just hope they start with ISIS first.

Okay, let's play who is the dumbest ...

ISIS is a Sunni sect. The Sunni's are our allies. The Shia are mostly Iranian, Pakistani and Afghani (Persian). But we're helping Iran in O-blah-blah's minimalist way attack the freakazoid sect of our allies. Brilliance. For a kindergartner.

NightTrain
10-01-2015, 09:12 AM
Reagan had it figured out.

The two big players that were at each other's throats were kept balanced, so Iran & Iraq fought each other exclusively and didn't get anywhere.

It kept them busy and kept their hate focused on each other, and the region prospered as they killed each other off.

Gunny
10-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Reagan had it figured out.

The two big players that were at each other's throats were kept balanced, so Iran & Iraq fought each other exclusively and didn't get anywhere.

It kept them busy and kept their hate focused on each other, and the region prospered as they killed each other off.

No shit. High five on THAT one.

WiccanLiberal
10-01-2015, 11:05 AM
One potential problem I see is Russia and the US both having forces in the area. Accidental contact could be a possibly lethal issue. Russia, whether as a Soviet state or under Putin, has been a major adversary in so many areas of the world but never directly. The Russians have a pattern of masking what they are doing behind other nations. Admittedly we do the same thing. Why haven't we learned the lesson of not starting these games in the first place? It's a little ridiculous to expect that the pattern isn't going to keep repeating when we keep following the same approach.

Motown
10-01-2015, 11:40 AM
One potential problem I see is Russia and the US both having forces in the area. Accidental contact could be a possibly lethal issue. Russia, whether as a Soviet state or under Putin, has been a major adversary in so many areas of the world but never directly. The Russians have a pattern of masking what they are doing behind other nations. Admittedly we do the same thing. Why haven't we learned the lesson of not starting these games in the first place? It's a little ridiculous to expect that the pattern isn't going to keep repeating when we keep following the same approach.

I think Putin is counting on this.

LongTermGuy
10-01-2015, 02:19 PM

Cuzzzzzz... he knows obama....:laugh:

http://sadhillnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/obama-putin-china-ukraine-war-crimea-sad-hill-news-1.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrGiv-MCQAA0FSk.jpg

Gunny
10-01-2015, 02:29 PM

Huh. The politics and sensationalism in the media and wussboy Prez will be the problem. One OUR pilots against a Russian? I ain't worried about THAT one bit.

These "games" have been played throughout the centuries. It's always the same game. And you are absolutely correct ... no one ever learns.

Gunny
10-01-2015, 02:35 PM

Sure he is. O-blah-blah is all mouth and no ass. Say what you want about Putin and his ideology, he knows how to fight. And a fighter knows when his opposition is too big of a pussy to do anything.

Everyone thinks fighters just go out and punch away at each other. They never notice the homework ... studying your opponent, sizing him up the first couple of rounds. Putin's a fighter and he's winning because his opponent has proven he won't fight back.