PDA

View Full Version : Hillary lashes out at staff over gay-friendly passports

jimnyc
10-01-2015, 08:16 AM
In September 2015, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton styles herself as a staunch defender of gay rights — particularly gay parental rights. “I’m proud of you!” she told a gay man last April, after he explained how he and his partner had adopted a little girl together.

But four years ago, Clinton was singing a very different tune. An e-mail included in the latest tranche of Clinton documents released by the State Department on Wednesday shows the then-secretary of state exploding at her staff over plans to replace “Mother” and “Father” with “Parent One” and “Parent Two” on passport application forms, complaining about the decision and refusing to defend it in the face of partisan opposition.

Clinton learned about the change through a January 7, 2011 article in The Washington Post. But the policy shift was first announced in a December 2010 press release from the State Department. “These improvements are being made to provide a gender-neutral description of a child’s parents and in recognition of different types of families,” the statement read.

The next day, Clinton sent an early-morning e-mail excoriating top aides Cheryl Mills and Jake Sullivan for the secretive policy shift. “I’m not defending that decision, which I disagree w and knew nothing about, in front of this Congress,” she wrote. “I could live w letting people in nontraditional families choose another descriptor so long as we retained the presumption of mother and father. We need to address this today or we will be facing a huge Fox-generated media storm led by [Sarah] Palin et al.”

http://i.imgur.com/dkRk5gf.jpg

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/424865/hillary-clinton-email-blasted-gay-rights-passports

Motown
10-01-2015, 08:21 AM
This is Hillary we're talking about so do you think this was the result of solid investigative reporting or do you think this was leaked by Hillary's people to capitalize on anti-gay backlash? I'm going with option 2.

Gunny
10-01-2015, 08:29 AM
This is Hillary we're talking about so do you think this was the result of solid investigative reporting or do you think this was leaked by Hillary's people to capitalize on anti-gay backlash? I'm going with option 2.

If she was anyone else her fat ass would already be in prison over Whitewater. Apparently if your name's Clinton, you're above the law.

DLT
10-01-2015, 08:55 AM
If she was anyone else her fat ass would already be in prison over Whitewater. Apparently if your name's Clinton, you're above the law.

And it's not just the name Clinton. It's any high-profile DemocRat. Think: Al Sharpton, Charlie Rangel, Sandy Berger, Ted Kennedy, etc.

Now granted...except for Ted Kennedy who got away with at the very least...manslaughter, these Dems didn't get away with murder (literally, like the Clintons)...and the crimes they committed were considered "white collar" crimes like tax evasion...but still, they broke the law with no consequences to them....because of that "D".

Gunny
10-01-2015, 09:06 AM
And it's not just the name Clinton. It's any high-profile DemocRat. Think: Al Sharpton, Charlie Rangel, Sandy Berger, Ted Kennedy, etc.

Now granted...except for Ted Kennedy who got away with at the very least...manslaughter, these Dems didn't get away with murder (literally, like the Clintons)...and the crimes they committed were considered "white collar" crimes like tax evasion...but still, they broke the law with no consequences to them....because of that "D".

Ted Kennedy got away with being a pussy. He saved his own sorry ass and let Mary Jo drown. If one of us had done that we'd STILL be in prison.