PDA

View Full Version : Meaningful Bible Verse

Lightening
10-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Psalm 28:7 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.

Lightening
10-02-2015, 11:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7CTxg7MYwI

revelarts
11-16-2023, 12:32 PM
Neco...Bump..

RoccoR
11-16-2023, 04:23 PM
RE: Religion/Ethics (http://www.debatepolicy.com/forumdisplay.php?5-Religion-Ethics)•Meaningful Bible Verse (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?51876-Meaningful-Bible-Verse&p=1021304#post1021304)
SUBTOPIC: Interpretation and Variations. [An Alternative View (AAV)]
※→ revelarts, lightening, et al,

(OPENNING)

The "Bible" (or even the Torah or Koran) is nothing more than a faction specific Grimoire for the associated Abrahamic Religions. IF they were all the same, THEN there would be no factions. The issue of interpretation would be a moot point. However, humanity being what it is, there is always going to be a struggle over religious beliefs and the acquisition of the influence and recognition it has over a wide range of cultures.

Meaningful Bible Verse

Psalm 28:7 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.

Neco...Bump..

(REMINDER of VARIATIONS)

Pslam 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

(COMMENT)

The "meaning" is relative to the intent. For what purpose is the practitioner reciting the Pslam? Who is the intended recipient of the recitation? For a great many people, recitation is ritualistic. The practitioner does not actually think that they are communicating with the Supreme Being (The Creator, The First Cause, or the Ultimate Power of the Universe) etc. When you recite the:
The Mealtime Blessing (Christian Approximation)

Bless us, Oh Lord, and these thy gifts which we are about to receive from thy bounty,

through Christ, Our Lord. • Amen).

In fact, most people would have to look-up the word "Amen"
before they could tell you what it means when they say it.

So, the interpretation of Pslam 28:7 means almost nothing unless you are envisioning a telepathic (a paranormal cognitive) connection with the Supreme Being. We do not actually know who wrote the Psalms (except maybe the first few that were passed on by Moses). At this juncture, the discussion has to be very cautious that it does not extend over the dividing line between the general accepted reality and the alleged psychological phenomena involving the transfer of informationor energy that cannot be explained in terms of presently known scientific data or laws. Normally, when judging the question of sanity, those with an unusual claim of speaking to the supernatural, are more often frowned upon socially.

Most Respectfully,
R

revelarts
11-17-2023, 12:27 AM
RE: Religion/Ethics (http://www.debatepolicy.com/forumdisplay.php?5-Religion-Ethics)•Meaningful Bible Verse (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?51876-Meaningful-Bible-Verse&p=1021304#post1021304)
SUBTOPIC: Interpretation and Variations. [An Alternative View (AAV)]
※→ revelarts, lightening, et al,

(OPENNING)

The "Bible" (or even the Torah or Koran) is nothing more than a faction specific Grimoire for the associated Abrahamic Religions. IF they were all the same, THEN there would be no factions. The issue of interpretation would be a moot point. However, humanity being what it is, there is always going to be a struggle over religious beliefs and the acquisition of the influence and recognition it has over a wide range of cultures....

People have begun to create factions over what a woman is.
The problem with "religion" isn't with the facts or the text. It's with people.
It's with our honesty or lack of it.
It's people's biases, fear, pain, confusion or ignorance while considering the questions.

This is from Luke Chapter 24
33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them, Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.
And they told what things were done in the way, and how he (Jesus) was known of them in breaking of bread.
And as they spoke, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them,
"Peace be to you."
But they were terrified and frighten, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
And he said to them,
"Why are you troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

And when he had spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them,
"Do you have any meat here?"

And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
And he took it, and did eat before them.
And he said unto them,
"These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me."
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
And said unto them,
"Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."
And you are witnesses of these things...."

Rocco
maybe you have questions about the origins or veracity of the Psalms.
Jesus didn't seem to have any problems with them.
I'm willing to follow his lead on that.

But hey, If you want to compare other religion's books to the bible and the rest of reality I'm game for having a discussion like that.
On the same grounds that i'd discuss what a woman is.
Because If you're of mindset that it's all personal, then there's nothing to discuss.
Like a 'being a "woman", it's ALL subjective to some people.
Rather than objective reality that any honest person can discern using various layers of evidence.
But Despite the level of education of the people denying it, there's a simple reality to what is true and false.
The details may be in dispute and debatable but the basics of the question are not mysterious or subjective.

But wether or not some LIKES the fact that someone is a woman is one thing.
Wether or not some LIKES the real woman in front of them,
or wishes/feels women were different than reality, is another question.

"Religion" and religious books aren't sitting outside of the rest of reality.
Their basics are either true or false, reality or pure fiction(lies).
Despite the level of education of the people denying it. Or trying to muddy the waters.