PDA

View Full Version : Heading Out to Home Depot

hjmick
10-03-2015, 07:31 AM
Seems like I need to start building my ark...

jimnyc
10-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Seems like I need to start building my ark...

I love that place! But every time I go I come home with all kinds of crap I didn't intend on getting. I'm a sucker for all the gadgets they put on the end caps. :)

How much you predicted to get there? Most of the rain forecast for us dwindled away. We just finished our generator installation. And just yesterday they came out and replaced the last industrial pump on the side of my house (out of 2). Those pumps should be able to handle any amount of water we get in our yard and prevent it from ever reaching my basement. And now hopefully we won't lose power and flood either!

But even with all of that, I'd rather hop in an ark and go have some fun!! Hell, maybe just an oversized raft like they use to hit the rapids! :)

hjmick
10-03-2015, 07:58 AM
Since October 1st, we've gotten 9.10" at my house. In the last 24 hrs. we've had 6.75". The weather fools tell us to expect another 6-12" in the next 24 hrs.

And none of it has anything to do with Joaquin...

jimnyc
10-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Since October 1st, we've gotten 9.10" at my house. In the last 24 hrs. we've had 6.75". The weather fools tell us to expect another 6-12" in the next 24 hrs.

And none of it has anything to do with Joaquin...

Damn, that's a lot of rain!! You have any areas around your home that flood, or are you ok with that much rain?

hjmick
10-03-2015, 08:37 AM
Damn, that's a lot of rain!! You have any areas around your home that flood, or are you ok with that much rain?

Where we are we're pretty much okay, as far as I know. This is the most rain we've had since we got here. Our house is on a bit of a rise so the water drains off in to the neighbor's yards. Going to head out in a couple of hours so I'll get a better idea of how the area reacts to this much water.

jimnyc
10-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Where we are we're pretty much okay, as far as I know. This is the most rain we've had since we got here. Our house is on a bit of a rise so the water drains off in to the neighbor's yards. Going to head out in a couple of hours so I'll get a better idea of how the area reacts to this much water.

Want to see just how gullible and stupid I am? This made me think of Home Depot, then made me think of knives, then made me search for some cool knives, which lead me to Amazons where I just bought these 2:

This one was just "cool" I thought, and I don't have but one other spring assisted. Just one for the collection!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VN0XQCU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

This one I really like, as SOG makes great knives, and this is a good price.

http://i.imgur.com/rBBxIao.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ICTZUTW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

hjmick
10-03-2015, 08:57 AM
Damn. You're easy.

:lmao:

jimnyc
10-03-2015, 09:00 AM
Damn. You're easy.

:lmao:

Yep, but I still got a couple of cool knives out of it!! Jeff has an awesome SOG knife and I wanted one ever since. He's got a much nicer one though that his wife bought for him, but I'd be in trouble if I spent that right now. Hell, I'm in trouble as it is! The Amazon account is under her name, so she got an email after I submitted the order. :)