PDA

View Full Version : Peaches

jimnyc
10-03-2015, 11:45 AM
I love peaches. Better from down south, but I'll take what I can get here! I wait until they are ripe, then put in fridge for a few hours until cold. Cut in half and throw the pit at wife and run upstairs. Then cut in quarters and yummy!!

Gunny
10-03-2015, 11:59 AM
I love peaches. Better from down south, but I'll take what I can get here! I wait until they are ripe, then put in fridge for a few hours until cold. Cut in half and throw the pit at wife and run upstairs. Then cut in quarters and yummy!!

Peaches from GA and AL are THE best. Used to eat them right off the tree.

jimnyc
10-03-2015, 12:01 PM

Yesiree!!

Even Pennsy isn't half bad. Across from the campground we stayed at was a huge field of peach trees. Real easy to fill a huge bag at nighttime. :)

Gunny
10-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Yesiree!!

Even Pennsy isn't half bad. Across from the campground we stayed at was a huge field of peach trees. Real easy to fill a huge bag at nighttime. :)

I learned my lesson with a plum tree when I was a kid. One for me, one for the bag. That equates to a day and a half in the bathroom.:laugh:

tailfins
10-03-2015, 01:10 PM

If you're driving down to Florida, that's one benefit of using US-41 instead of I-75: Fruit stands and locally owned restaurants. Or West to East: US-78 instead of I-20.

Gunny
10-03-2015, 01:26 PM
If you're driving down to Florida, that's one benefit of using US-41 instead of I-75: Fruit stands and locally owned restaurants. Or West to East: US-78 instead of I-20.

I'm aware. Lived in Miami for years then my parents lived in JAX almost the entire time I was in the military. You're on the other side of the state. Same goes in Alabama. You go up through Anniston to get to Huntsville and there's a truck every other corner. US 90 just west of San Antonio same thing.