PDA

View Full Version : Do you like spicy foods?

jimnyc
10-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Not me!

My wife laughs, she likes to tel everyone that I choose wisely when getting toothpaste, as some of them are spicy. And it's true!

But food, I hate spicy food. I hate them little tiny round things you can sprinkle in your pizza in order to ruin it. I like chili when it's bland. I hate most mexican food as a result. Taco Bell has a new "ghost pepper" taco that my son likes to get, just smelling the damn thing makes me sick.

We're having a mixture of 3 different types of chicken wings for dinner. I get ripped off as 2 of them are spicy, only the teriyaki is ok to eat. And even then, loads of blue cheese to dip!

The wife is generally cool though and tries to avoid most things I hate, and then orders the nasty indian curry foods when I am out of town, or when I go to get something else for myself, or when she's angry with me. :)

hjmick
10-05-2015, 05:13 PM
:lmao: Pussy!

Yes, I do. Over thirty years in California and three New Mexico, I love it! And the Mexican food is different from state to state...

jimnyc
10-05-2015, 05:18 PM

Yes, I do. Over thirty years in California and three New Mexico, I love it! And the Mexican food is different from state to state...

I'm guilty as charged. :(

But I think the Indian is the worst. I'll force myself to eat some of the mexican food if I can do away with the curry. Even the smell of that crap makes me nauseous.

WiccanLiberal
10-05-2015, 06:50 PM
I like spicy. I eat jalapeno peppers in salad. But when I am preparing food for a group, I always tend to the mild and if someone wants more heat, they can add at the table. Makes for a happier meal overall. Some people really can't handle heat and curry is definitely an acquired taste. Got a funny story about curry though. I was having lunch with some friends. We were eating at a Thai place and I ordered a curry shrimp dish. I was really enjoying it. Until I hit the curry land mine. The chef had not adequately mixed in the seasoning and I got a mouthful of straight curry powder. My eyes watered, my nose ran and I downed an entire bowl of white rice before I killed the burn. The restaurant refunded the cost of my meal and brought me a new milder dish. I think they were afraid I might need an ambulance. In hindsight it was hilarious.

jimnyc
10-05-2015, 06:56 PM
I like spicy. I eat jalapeno peppers in salad. But when I am preparing food for a group, I always tend to the mild and if someone wants more heat, they can add at the table. Makes for a happier meal overall. Some people really can't handle heat and curry is definitely an acquired taste. Got a funny story about curry though. I was having lunch with some friends. We were eating at a Thai place and I ordered a curry shrimp dish. I was really enjoying it. Until I hit the curry land mine. The chef had not adequately mixed in the seasoning and I got a mouthful of straight curry powder. My eyes watered, my nose ran and I downed an entire bowl of white rice before I killed the burn. The restaurant refunded the cost of my meal and brought me a new milder dish. I think they were afraid I might need an ambulance. In hindsight it was hilarious.

Jalapeno in a salad? Damn. See, now I look at my salad as a relief, something light to reach for when in distress! LOL

I forgot about Thai!! The damn woman also gets curry crap from there too. Yuck. That's cool that they refunded you the cost though. When we go there I get some sort of steak, like a london broil, but with their spices and something they soaked it in. Now that's some good stuff! And my son gets some sort of iced tea that is literally all orange. Weird! And whatever my wife gets is all green, at least the sauce is. Chick and rice and everything is green!!! I know, too many exclamation points, but that's because of the vivid memory in my head. The smell of whatever it is she eats almost ruins my meal. :laugh:

Gunny
10-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Not me!

My wife laughs, she likes to tel everyone that I choose wisely when getting toothpaste, as some of them are spicy. And it's true!

But food, I hate spicy food. I hate them little tiny round things you can sprinkle in your pizza in order to ruin it. I like chili when it's bland. I hate most mexican food as a result. Taco Bell has a new "ghost pepper" taco that my son likes to get, just smelling the damn thing makes me sick.

We're having a mixture of 3 different types of chicken wings for dinner. I get ripped off as 2 of them are spicy, only the teriyaki is ok to eat. And even then, loads of blue cheese to dip!

The wife is generally cool though and tries to avoid most things I hate, and then orders the nasty indian curry foods when I am out of town, or when I go to get something else for myself, or when she's angry with me. :)

Is this a trick question? The times I lived up North I was always pouring all kinds of crap on my food cuz y'all are wimps. You eat the blandest junk since the Potato Famine. If it don't come with salsa, you ain't going to have a lot of customers around here. :slap:

Motown
10-06-2015, 07:36 PM
I like jalapenos, I put them on pizza and burgers and in chili but that's about as hot as I can go, I can't hang with habaneros.

Perianne
10-06-2015, 08:44 PM

I have never understood why men, as an insult, call each other the thing they love most in life. Men are soooo complex. :)

Gunny
10-06-2015, 09:35 PM
I like jalapenos, I put them on pizza and burgers and in chili but that's about as hot as I can go, I can't hang with habaneros.

I grow them. :)

Gunny
10-06-2015, 09:37 PM
I have never understood why men, as an insult, call each other the thing they love most in life. Men are soooo complex. :)

Actually, YOU are complex. We're simple as Hell. We just go at each other. Y'all girls got all this intricate backdoor crap going on. :laugh:

Motown
10-07-2015, 05:06 AM
I grow them. :)

Jalapenos or Jabaneros?

Gunny
10-07-2015, 05:44 AM
Jalapenos or Jabaneros?

Jalapenos. Habaneros are too hot even for me. If you can't taste the food after the first bite, you're wasting your time and got a fried tongue. And I seriously doubt anyone can eat a whole habanero. If you can, good on you. I can't taste anything past bite one. Defeats the purpose to me.

One of the weird things I've discovered is in NM people put green chile on everything. It's not even spicy.

Motown
10-07-2015, 05:55 AM
And I seriously doubt anyone can eat a whole habanero.

Lol. This reminds me of the Simpson's episode when Homer wanted to win a chili eating contest so he melted candle wax into his mouth and throat so he could handle the El Diablo Habanero, swallowed it whole, and then started trippin' balls.

I get my jalapenos from my uncle. He grows them and for a long time I couldn't find them in any markets here, people didn't eat them or even think about them up here. They're in just about every market now but even those are usually pretty weak.

NightTrain
10-07-2015, 05:56 AM
I like jalapenos on burgers, hot dogs, burritos, that kind of thing.

Sriracha (we call it Rooster Sauce) to kick up the heat in different dishes... this stuff is mandatory in my house :

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7752&stc=1
Pictured : Spicy goodness.

As far as those Ghost Peppers... those little bastards will kick your ass if you're not careful. I was down in Juneau with a buddy and we were at an Asian restaurant, and I saw those in a dish on the menu with a little fire symbol next to it indicating it was spicy. Since I'd never even heard of those before, ordered it. Because I'm a manly-man and can take a little heat.

4 large glasses of milk later, the flames finally died out on my tongue, although the torrent of tears and runny nose probably helped, too. It was brutal. I tipped the very concerned waitress for her lightning-fast deliveries of milk to our table... and these days, Homie doesn't order anything with Ghost Peppers in it.

Everyone always points to Mexican food for the classic story of hot-spice-overload, but the Asians have them beat hands down when it comes to putting you down on the floor.

darin
10-07-2015, 05:57 AM
Spicey. Yes. Not just in food, but in my women. :)

ABBEY.....that means you. ;)

Gunny
10-07-2015, 06:04 AM
Spicey. Yes. Not just in food, but in my women. :)

ABBEY.....that means you. ;)

Hey! Lay off Abs. Already got a claim in. :slap:

darin
10-07-2015, 06:08 AM
Hey! Lay off Abs. Already got a claim in. :slap:

Pshaw. She wants me. She knows it. I know it. And the American People know it.

:D

See my avatar? I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

Motown
10-07-2015, 08:25 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/65/656e20682f359ba8df03cefdb6afc328d42db6e6e90b1086d8 f3f0e6ceca2268.jpg