PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump Declares War On Obamatrade

jimnyc
10-05-2015, 06:39 PM
And I see he's not the only one against this. I see even Sanders from the other side is speaking out.

-----

GOP frontrunner Donald Trump is hammering President Barack Obama, his administration and Congress for completely failing the American worker when it comes to trade policy—whacking the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade pact with 12 Pacific Rim nations that the Obama just finalized in Atlanta as a deal that jeopardizes U.S. jobs.

“The incompetence and dishonesty of the President, his administration and—perhaps most disturbing—the Congress of the United States are about to place American jobs and the very livelihoods of Americans at risk,” Trump tells Breitbart News in an exclusive statement reacting to the news that the president and his negotiators have wrapped the highly secretive they have been negotiating for the past several years on Monday morning.

“The only entities to benefit from this trade deal will be other countries, particularly China and Japan, and big corporations in America,” Trump tells Breitbart News.

The small business operators, farmers, manufacturers and others will again be burdened with unfair trade practices, currency manipulation, exploitation of cheap labor, an onerous tax code and no help coming from the very people charged with putting America first. If crony capitalism were not bad enough, then sticking it to unions, small businesses and everyday Americans seems to be the new blood sport inside the DC Beltway.

Trump said that the lack of transparency throughout the secret negotiations should prove that the deal is horrendous.

“If this was such a good deal, why was there not more transparency?” Trump said.

Why are we striking trade agreements with countries we already have agreements with? Why is there no effort to make sure we have fair trade instead of ‘free’ trade that isn’t free to Americans? Why do we not have accompanying legislation that will punish countries that manipulate their currencies to seek unfair advantage in trade arrangements? Why has the Congress not addressed prohibitive corporate tax rates and trade agreements that continue to drain dollars and jobs from America’s shores?

Trump concluded by saying now is the time for real leaders like him to stand up for Americans in Washington against these special interests.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/05/exclusive-donald-trump-declares-war-on-obamatrade-time-to-send-a-real-businessman-to-white-house-to-end-this/

fj1200
10-06-2015, 11:36 AM
And I see he's not the only one against this. I see even Sanders from the other side is speaking out.

I think they are closer than either of them would like to admit. Free trade is good, "fair trade" IMO is typically another description for protectionists who don't want to be identified as such.