PDA

View Full Version : Chicago has deadliest September in 13 years

jimnyc
10-05-2015, 06:48 PM
With all of the craziness over shooting deaths - why is there very little attention to details like this? Do people around the nation just not care about people in Chicago? IMO, someone dying is someone dying. If there's an area or a pattern somewhere, folks want it addressed. Unless it's in Chicago. I don't get it. Maybe there's a reason that the big dogs at the top don't point out Chicago? And I have to be honest, even in the black world, where the voices have become much louder and much more heard, I don't hear a lot of complaining or concern there either.

-----

A violent September in Chicago ended with more homicides than any other month this year and the second-most shootings, according to data kept by the Chicago Tribune's breaking news desk. Though the summer months in Chicago have traditionally been the most violent, shootings last month decreased little from August and there were about 50 percent more shootings than September 2014.

Looking beyond 2012, last month was the city's deadliest September since 2002, according to a Tribune analysis. For two consecutive weekends there were more than 50 people shot, the first time that has happened in the four years that the Tribune has been tracking shootings.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/ct-chicago-shootings-and-homicides-in-september-20151002-htmlstory.html

hjmick
10-05-2015, 06:56 PM
You know, I feel sorry for Chicago...

One, it's really not a bad place to visit...

And two...

If it weren't for President Obama, I'm pretty sure no one would give two shits about the death and crime in that city...

fj1200
10-06-2015, 10:17 AM
With all of the craziness over shooting deaths - why is there very little attention to details like this?

They should have started out the story with 6? Umpqua's happening in Chicago in one month's time.

Motown
10-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Do people around the nation just not care about people in Chicago?

I think it's because Chicago doesn't fit the narrative. They can't talk about Chicago without talking about the disproportionate amount of gun violence committed by minorities in gangs but we don't talk about that, in fact movies are made glorifying it. I don't think gun control advocates are really serious about stopping gun crime, they don't talk about the two things we need to tackle in order to deal with it, street gangs and suicides.

DLT
10-06-2015, 12:32 PM

And two...

If it weren't for President Obama, I'm pretty sure no one would give two shits about the death and crime in that city...

But it's not 'just' Obama. It's a perfect example of why all anti-gun-ownership idiots are stuckonstupid. The most rigid gun control laws and regulations are in force in liberal-run and leftist-controlled cesspools like Chicago...and yet the violence is out of control. And of course, these same idiots will bleat that if ALL guns were banned, then their stupid ideas would work. No it wouldn't. Then, only outlaws would have guns.

Seriously....the left is not just stupid, they are dangerously insane and divorced from reality.

Trigg
10-06-2015, 02:21 PM

And two...

Even with Obama no one gives a shit about the death toll in that city. You certainly won't see bambam or his cronies talking about 50 people being shot in one weekend.

Unless a black man is killed by a white cop or someone shoots up a school all you'll get is crickets from the WH or media

Perianne
10-06-2015, 03:46 PM
I am not sure what they could do about it even if they did care. Obama has his puppet in there as mayor. As long as it is just blacks being shot, I don't think they care much. Obama uses his blackness only when it benefits him. I don't think he really cares about poor black people.

DLT
10-06-2015, 04:02 PM
I think it's because Chicago doesn't fit the narrative. They can't talk about Chicago without talking about the disproportionate amount of gun violence committed by minorities in gangs but we don't talk about that, in fact movies are made glorifying it. I don't think gun control advocates are really serious about stopping gun crime, they don't talk about the two things we need to tackle in order to deal with it, street gangs and suicides.

Most gun control advocates = leftists = for giving convicted felons the right to vote = more leftist Democrats voting for more leftist Democrats.

You have to realize which side of law enforcement most leftists are on. Once you get that part, the rest is self-explanatory.

Jeff
10-07-2015, 07:29 AM
With all of the craziness over shooting deaths - why is there very little attention to details like this? Do people around the nation just not care about people in Chicago? IMO, someone dying is someone dying. If there's an area or a pattern somewhere, folks want it addressed. Unless it's in Chicago. I don't get it. Maybe there's a reason that the big dogs at the top don't point out Chicago? And I have to be honest, even in the black world, where the voices have become much louder and much more heard, I don't hear a lot of complaining or concern there either.

-----

A violent September in Chicago ended with more homicides than any other month this year and the second-most shootings, according to data kept by the Chicago Tribune's breaking news desk. Though the summer months in Chicago have traditionally been the most violent, shootings last month decreased little from August and there were about 50 percent more shootings than September 2014.

Looking beyond 2012, last month was the city's deadliest September since 2002, according to a Tribune analysis. For two consecutive weekends there were more than 50 people shot, the first time that has happened in the four years that the Tribune has been tracking shootings.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/ct-chicago-shootings-and-homicides-in-september-20151002-htmlstory.html

The left doesn't want to talk about it, think about it, they want more laws, Chicago already has the strictest gun laws on the books and they still have more gun related issue that anywhere else, yes more laws id just what we need. :rolleyes: