PDA

View Full Version : Democrats desperately pushing the fallacy, govt can do something about mass shootings

Little-Acorn
10-07-2015, 01:39 AM
At most of the mass shootings in recent memory, the laws Democrat insist will help, have already been in effect. At the Oregon community college, the campus was a gun-free zone - guns were completely banned there, except for licensed conceal carry holders who still couldn't bring them inside buildings (which this shooter wasn't). And yet that's where the shootings keep happening.

It's clear that Democrat proposals don't work. The very idea that nutcases who don't mind committing multiple murders on innocent people, might stop because some Democrat made a law forbidding them from having a gun, is ludicrous.

And yet the Democrats STILL keep reacting to such shootings, by insisting we just have to make more laws.

Democrats know their laws don't work. The only possible way to prevent (most) mass shootings, is to create a complete police state where all guns are banned from everyone, and police squads go door to door regularly checking for guns, stopping people on the street to search them, etc., to make sure ALL guns are gone.

Anything short of that, will still enable criminals to get guns - they will only disarm the law-abiding.

So when Democrats keep insisting on more laws as a solution, what could they possibly have in mind besides total confiscation and police-state enforcement? We already know (and Democrats also know) that nothing else works.

The Democrats' real agenda is becoming more and more clear, every time they call for "more laws" in the face of clear proof that nothing gets guns out of criminals' hands except total confiscation.

Motown
10-07-2015, 04:54 AM
Of course they're doing that, that's what Democrats do. They have a problem though, there are a lot of Americans who are old enough to remember when we had widespread gun control and what a disaster it was.

Gunny
10-07-2015, 05:02 AM
Talk about your red herrings. The left has tried to reinvent one of their usual ones. BS argument on gun control. I'm like, could y'all morons just go away?

indago
10-07-2015, 05:45 AM
Democrats desperately pushing the fallacy, govt can do something about mass shootings

When government bombs a hospital, I don't know what they expect from us...

Gunny
10-07-2015, 05:47 AM
When government bombs a hospital, I don't know what they expect from us...

When people who don't fight wars cherrypick how they're fought .....

Little-Acorn
10-07-2015, 01:50 PM
When Democrats who know their laws don't work, keep pushing for those laws anyway, it's obvious that those laws are not their goal.

It's not hard to figure out what their goal is.

Motown
10-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Are you saying Republican laws would work? Actually, both houses of Congress have GOP majorities right now. Give me some of that GOP governance! Oh wait, you can't, the GOP sold their soul.

Gunny
10-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Are you saying Republican laws would work? Actually, both houses of Congress have GOP majorities right now. Give me some of that GOP governance! Oh wait, you can't, the GOP sold their soul.

And what are they doing? Nothing. I hear ya, brother.

Motown
10-07-2015, 02:31 PM
I have to spread rep around before giving it to Gunny again.

Gunny
10-07-2015, 02:38 PM
I have to spread rep around before giving it to Gunny again.

Now you're going to make me have to look. I don't even know what my rep is. :laugh:

DLT
10-07-2015, 03:25 PM
At most of the mass shootings in recent memory, the laws Democrat insist will help, have already been in effect. At the Oregon community college, the campus was a gun-free zone - guns were completely banned there, except for licensed conceal carry holders who still couldn't bring them inside buildings (which this shooter wasn't). And yet that's where the shootings keep happening.

It's clear that Democrat proposals don't work. The very idea that nutcases who don't mind committing multiple murders on innocent people, might stop because some Democrat made a law forbidding them from having a gun, is ludicrous.

And yet the Democrats STILL keep reacting to such shootings, by insisting we just have to make more laws.

Democrats know their laws don't work. The only possible way to prevent (most) mass shootings, is to create a complete police state where all guns are banned from everyone, and police squads go door to door regularly checking for guns, stopping people on the street to search them, etc., to make sure ALL guns are gone.

Anything short of that, will still enable criminals to get guns - they will only disarm the law-abiding.

So when Democrats keep insisting on more laws as a solution, what could they possibly have in mind besides total confiscation and police-state enforcement? We already know (and Democrats also know) that nothing else works.

The Democrats' real agenda is becoming more and more clear, every time they call for "more laws" in the face of clear proof that nothing gets guns out of criminals' hands except total confiscation.

The problem is.....the rats control the message via the lamestream media. And even though there are a "lot" of folks like us that are old enough to know better, there are more and more brainwashed and indoctrinated idealistic young folks voting every year....voting Democrat. Add to that the push for massive illegal immigration and their path to citizenship (ie voting rightes) and you have a recipe for permanent leftist control of America.

We may be fighting a losing battle here....but it's a battle that we must continue to fight, nonetheless.

Little-Acorn
10-08-2015, 12:40 AM
Are you saying Republican laws would work?
Didn't even read the title of the thread, did we? :poke:

Motown
10-08-2015, 03:41 AM
Didn't even read the title of the thread, did we? :poke:

Of course I read it. My point was that this is not a theoretical discussion, gun control has been implemented here before and when it was it wasn't just the Dems doing it. The gun control I had to live with was implemented primarily by Republicans and I think focusing only on the Democrats is a very bad idea. Harp on them all you want, they deserve it, but don't take your eyes off of the GOP because they have a history of acting like treasonous dogs.

Perianne
10-08-2015, 03:45 AM
Of course I read it. My point was that this is not a theoretical discussion, gun control has been implemented here before and when it was it wasn't just the Dems doing it. The gun control I had to live with was implemented primarily by Republicans and I think focusing only on the Democrats is a very bad idea. Harp on them all you want, they deserve it, but don't take your eyes off of the GOP because they have a history of acting like treasonous dogs.

I am not arguing. When was there a gun control?

Motown
10-08-2015, 03:55 AM
I am not arguing. When was there a gun control?

I don't know about where you live but the Metro Detroit area had it for a long time, it didn't start to ease up until the late '90's. Some cities here wouldn't even let you legally keep a handgun in your house. Castle Doctrine was dead here and it was next to impossible to get a CCW. AR-15s or anything like them you could forget about unless you were willing to jump through a ton of hoops.

My city let people have handguns in the home but you couldn't take it off your property and the laws were such that you really couldn't use it even in your own home. Then we moved from that to being a stand your ground state in the late '90's/early '00's. Go figure, one extreme to the other in less than 10 years.