PDA

View Full Version : Ptsd

Gunny
10-07-2015, 07:17 PM
What is with these chickenshit TV shows? Nice little act y'all got gong on there. When y'all start living in a nightmare, you let me know.

What a crock of shit this crap is. Actors pretending they have a clue about what's real.

Noir
10-07-2015, 07:54 PM
Mad because actors are acting?

LongTermGuy
10-07-2015, 08:24 PM
What is with these chickenshit TV shows? Nice little act y'all got gong on there. When y'all start living in a nightmare, you let me know.

What a crock of shit this crap is. Actors pretending they have a clue about what's real.

Change the channel ....be happier:laugh:

Motown
10-08-2015, 04:27 AM

Who did what?

Gunny
10-08-2015, 05:41 AM

I try to but I ain't the only one around here. I watch crap like Worlds Dumbest. They want to watch the 3 hours long to be continued NCIS crap where some guy has PTSD. NCIS has some of the best technical consultants I can think of. You can't fake what Mark Harmon knows about playing a "Gunny".

I know stupid ass civilian Hollywood likes to try and cover everything, but they never consider the consequences. They aren't helping anyone. They want ratings and don't care what damage they do to get them. And dumbass civilians that want to watch the shit are little better.

I can't even watch war movies. Then when you slam those on, wonder why I get wired. But it's "just entertainment" right? Y'all have no clue.

Abbey Marie
10-08-2015, 06:59 AM
I try to but I ain't the only one around here. I watch crap like Worlds Dumbest. They want to watch the 3 hours long to be continued NCIS crap where some guy has PTSD. NCIS has some of the best technical consultants I can think of. You can't fake what Mark Harmon knows about playing a "Gunny".

I know stupid ass civilian Hollywood likes to try and cover everything, but they never consider the consequences. They aren't helping anyone. They want ratings and don't care what damage they do to get them. And dumbass civilians that want to watch the shit are little better.

I can't even watch war movies. Then when you slam those on, wonder why I get wired. But it's "just entertainment" right? Y'all have no clue.

I didn't see the episode(s) you are talking about, as I stopped watching NCIS when that pathetic excuse for an actress joined the show a year or so ago. Sounds like they didn't handle the subject very well?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-08-2015, 10:16 AM

I never watch it. Prefer instead to read a book, write or have time with my wife and son.
These last few years--over 15 years-I have cut down my watching TV to about 5 or 6 hours a week,
maybe more during football season and when checking out new science advances and etc. -Tyr

Gunny
10-08-2015, 02:47 PM
I didn't see the episode(s) you are talking about, as I stopped watching NCIS when that pathetic excuse for an actress joined the show a year or so ago. Sounds like they didn't handle he subject very well?

To the contrary, they handle it TOO well. As I said, on a technical level, they are good. Some issues though don't need to be all over the tv, much less dragged for 3 hours. Odd, a crime drama covers the subject and all our news covers is Billary and her latest attempt at a makeover. It's just aggravating to me for more than just me. I know people WAY more jacked up than I am. I'd hate for eve one of them to hurt themselves for being triggered by a tv show.

To add to the problem, if you DON'T have COMCAST consider yourself favored by the Gods. THE lamest cable company in the world. If you got basic, you don't get much of crap. There are about 4 channels I watch. And my GF's paying almost $200 a month for it. They separate the channels you want into "packages" and you can buy each package for $10 apiece. I'd be up around $300 to get what I want and I ain't paying THAT if I had the money.

Anyway, tube's usually stuck on USA or TNT when the girls are around.

Gunny
10-08-2015, 02:54 PM
I never watch it. Prefer instead to read a book, write or have time with my wife and son.
These last few years--over 15 years-I have cut down my watching TV to about 5 or 6 hours a week,
maybe more during football season and when checking out new science advances and etc. -Tyr

I usually watch it after everyone else is in bed. Those lucky suckers can sleep. :laugh: And y'all lazy people ain't on the board so my choices of entertainment are limited.:slap:

LongTermGuy
10-08-2015, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=Tyr-Ziu Saxnot;769024]I never watch it. Prefer instead to read a book, write or have time with my wife and son.
maybe more during football season and when checking out new science advances and etc. -Tyr[/QU

Very good! Most of us do the same.....and some of us..also like to watch the tube especially if its a new series....to decide if its worth watching again....*Its very hard for me to be "shocked"...so I enjoy "different and weird" shows when I feel like watching...

Gunny
10-08-2015, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=Tyr-Ziu Saxnot;769024]I never watch it. Prefer instead to read a book, write or have time with my wife and son.
maybe more during football season and when checking out new science advances and etc. -Tyr[/QU

Very good! Most of us do the same.....and some of us..also like to watch the tube especially if its a new series....to decide if its worth watching again....*Its very hard for me to be "shocked"...so I enjoy "different and weird" shows when I feel like watching...

It's not about being shocked. It's about re-living things. I have to be careful what I watch or I'm getting pulled off the ceiling fan. I have to be careful.

People like to say they "support the troops" but they damned sure don't tolerate us when we get home. THAT is why I hate hearing that. Over a half million homeless vets. But black do nothing lies matter? Pick one up and take him to dinner.

Leftwingers want to save everything from puppies to seals but not ONE vet. You get Trace Adkins for that.

The paradox is who the hell do you think is paying for your right to run your mouth? It ain't a puppy nor a seal.

Black Diamond
10-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Father in law worked as a physician in emergency room. He said he had Vietnam vets come in an absolute mess after watching full metal jacket

CSM
10-09-2015, 06:21 AM
Father in law worked as a physician in emergency room. He said he had Vietnam vets come in an absolute mess after watching full metal jacket

I watched that once. It was not a good thing.

Gunny
10-09-2015, 09:41 AM
I watched that once. It was not a good thing.

Hear you, brother.

And I couldn't come up with a better response. I was trying to. There just ain't nothing to say between us.