PDA

View Full Version : I would move

Abbey Marie
10-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Have you seen this story? Watch the video for the whole display. Particularly of the dead child.
And all this right across from an elementary school.

<iframe width="476" height="270" src="http://abc7chicago.com/video/embed/?pid=1024950" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Russ
10-09-2015, 07:34 PM
The two adult size "bodies" are disturbing. The child body with a knife in his throat is worse - it is disgusting. And if I find it so, imagine how it affects kids that are walking or driving by.

There is something seriously wrong with the people that put up that display. The woman who answered the door talked like she doesn't want to disturb anyone, and would consider taking it down if it did, but I don't believe her. I'm sure that whatever complaints she hears, she will ignore them for one reason or another.

The authorities say this disturbing display is "freedom of speech", but they'd probably snap into action if the house next door put up a Nativity. What has happened to us?

By the way, one of the adult bodies looks like it is on a cross, and the child body appears to be in a kind of horizontal crucifixion position. I'd guess it is intended as either a mockery at Christianity, or even worse, if you know what I mean.

Abbey Marie
10-09-2015, 07:35 PM
The two adult size "bodies" are disturbing. The child body with a knife in his throat is worse - it is disgusting. And if I find it so, imagine how it affects kids that are walking or driving by.

There is something seriously wrong with the people that put up that display. The woman who answered the door talked like she doesn't want to disturb anyone, and would consider taking it down if it did, but I don't believe her. I'm sure that whatever complaints she hears, she will ignore them for one reason or another.

The authorities say this disturbing display is "freedom of speech", but they'd probably snap into action if the house next door put up a Nativity. What has happened to us?

By the way, one of the adult bodies looks like it is on a cross, and the child body appears to be in a kind of horizontal crucifixion position. I'd guess it is intended as either a mockery at Christianity, or even worse, if you know what I mean.

Exactly, Russ, on ALL counts. Like I said, I would move, and I mean it. What has happened to us, indeed.

jimnyc
10-10-2015, 10:45 AM
I saw/read this yesterday elsewhere. My first thoughts when seeing the displays were "AWESOME!" I love a good halloween display and we used to go yearly to the haunted houses around the tri-state area. But everything we went to and saw were in areas away from the general public and you had to pay to get in, and kids needed a parent with them. I've seen scary stuff at residential houses, but more as an in your face scary as opposed to life like dead people.

So while I love halloween and the real scary stuff, I think it needs to be used responsibly. We used to go to houses on halloween that had scarecrows on the porch, or even scarecrows that were real people to scare the crap out of you, or spiders that would drop down. Scary music or smoke.

But I think a murder scene, or crucifixion type stuff is taking it too far. How about maybe a coffin with a fake body? At least it's obvious and wont scare the bejeezus out of everyone. Halloween can still be had without making the younger ones cry. And after they collect the candy, and I steal a little, it's off to a haunted house! I went to one just over the PA border from NJ one year, nearly peed my pants inside. We left the house and it was over, then walked through a gate, and on the other side a guy on stilts with a fake chainsaw came out of the bushes. After the scare wore off, I felt like stabbing the bastard for nearly having me wet my pants!

Also, at the front entrance, one of the guys that worked there that was dressed up as some weird ghoul, kept walking by me and calling me a thief. I'm like WTF? I wonder what I did and how he knows me! LOL Took like 4 times before John and Janeen reminded me I was wearing my "STEALers" wind breaker. Wanted to punch him then too. :)

Motown
10-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Easy way to handle this. Sneak over there at night and paint one of the bodies brown. Instant hate crime.

jimnyc
10-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Easy way to handle this. Sneak over there at night and paint one of the bodies brown. Instant hate crime.

I can think of all kinds of fun things to do, but all involve breaking the law. Not that I would ever do that. But would be funny to take one of the bodies and see if you can put it in the backseat of someones car. Can you imagine starting your car in the morning and then looking in the rear view and seeing one of them? :lol:

Motown
10-10-2015, 11:18 AM
I can think of all kinds of fun things to do, but all involve breaking the law. Not that I would ever do that. But would be funny to take one of the bodies and see if you can put it in the backseat of someones car. Can you imagine starting your car in the morning and then looking in the rear view and seeing one of them? :lol:

That would be funny. Or cutting one of them in half and attaching the torso to someone's front bumper.

tailfins
10-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Have you seen this story? Watch the video for the whole display. Particularly of the dead child.
And all this right across from an elementary school.

While I detest Halloween altogether, I admire the homeowner's sense of craftsmanship. No one can suggest she did things halfway.

revelarts
10-10-2015, 12:22 PM
Halloween is a twisted celebration.

It's so much "FUN" for people and kids to celebrate death, murder, fear, evil spirits, witchcraft, blood drinking, dead bodies, human sacrifice, spirits of the dead, demons, and the devil.

:rolleyes:

Black Diamond
10-10-2015, 12:28 PM

It's so much "FUN" for people and kids to celebrate death, murder, fear, evil spirits, witchcraft, blood drinking, dead bodies, human sacrifice, spirits of the dead, demons, and the devil.

It's all about the horror movies.

tailfins
10-10-2015, 12:49 PM

We're looking for a good "Dude ranch" that doesn't celebrate Halloween for that weekend in the TexArkoma region.

Gunny
10-10-2015, 01:36 PM

Never. Not you. :rolleyes:

Motown
10-10-2015, 04:36 PM

Why yes, yes it is.

Black Diamond
10-10-2015, 04:38 PM
There's a steeler bar next to our apartment here in Tucson. I have thought about dressing up like Josh Scobee for Halloween and going in there.

Gunny
10-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Why yes, yes it is.

There are a couple of sticks in the mud around here. I think your locator has landed on one. :laugh:

Gunny
10-10-2015, 04:45 PM
There's a steeler bar next to our apartment here in Tucson. I have thought about dressing up like Josh Scobee for Halloween and going in there.

You live in Tucson? What a dusty, dirty place. I used to gas up in Lordsburg just so I didn't have to stop until I got to Casa Grande. :laugh:

Black Diamond
10-10-2015, 04:50 PM
You live in Tucson? What a dusty, dirty place. I used to gas up in Lordsburg just so I didn't have to stop until I got to Casa Grande. :laugh:

Yeah We are here until November 19. I am counting down the days. Can't wait to leave.

jimnyc
10-11-2015, 09:09 AM

I don't think it's "celebrating" as one would think, but rather people having fun with fear. I believe having fun, and celebrating, are in fact 2 different things. I don't and never have "embraced" the things you speak of, but have often had fun over the years, based on several of them. And when I wake up on Nov 1st, not a one of them is even left inside my head - just the candy and/or hangover. :)

For example, as I said, we would find great haunted houses on a yearly basis. The adult siblings and friends would get together to go out. We get scared, we laugh and then go home. Fun! Fun? Yes! Someone celebrating death and the other things? No, not even close.

Some will celebrate the spirits if the dead, demons and such as you speak. Some go out and see things dressed up as such just to get scared. The latter is what Halloween is about, for most folks. People are having fun and embracing the fun - not turning against their religions or turning to the dark side.

Christie Brinkley
10-11-2015, 12:23 PM
They can do what they want, it is their property.