PDA

View Full Version : Wings/Leafs

Motown
10-10-2015, 04:10 AM
I don't know if there are any Maple Laffs fans here but if there are here you go, just for you:

:laugh: :laugh2: :dance: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh2: :dance: :rofl1:

jimnyc
10-10-2015, 10:32 AM
Why don't you like them? I hate them too, but that's just because I hate anyone that's not the NY Rangers. :)

Motown
10-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Why don't you like them? I hate them too, but that's just because I hate anyone that's not the NY Rangers. :)

Because they're the Maple Leafs, that's why. Seriously, they're our main rival and their fans talk a lot of trash and I do mean a lot, even more than Ohio State fans.

gabosaurus
10-10-2015, 10:35 AM
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/1736/full/zroew6i4sougyzvje4p5vl1xr.gif

Motown
10-10-2015, 10:37 AM
Don't you mean

gabosaurus
10-10-2015, 10:45 AM
It has to be frustrating being a Wings fan and having the Black Hawks own you for the last decade or so. :rolleyes:

Motown
10-10-2015, 10:48 AM
It has to be frustrating being a Wings fan and having the Black Hawks own you for the last decade or so. :rolleyes:

Lol, it ain't easy, that's for real.

How did the Dodgers do last night?

gabosaurus
10-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Detroit does have a proud sports history, though. The Wings and Pistons have always been scrappy. The Tigers have rose from the ashes many times.
The Lions? Well, they are the Lions. :eek:

Motown
10-10-2015, 10:54 AM
Detroit does have a proud sports history, though. The Wings and Pistons have always been scrappy. The Tigers have rose from the ashes many times.
The Lions? Well, they are the Lions. :eek:

We try not to talk about the Lions too much.

gabosaurus
10-10-2015, 10:57 AM
We try not to talk about the Lions too much.

This is probably a good thing. :laugh:

The Dodgers lost last night. But my dad and I will be back at the park tonight. :cheers2:

Gunny
10-10-2015, 02:22 PM
I don't know if there are any Maple Laffs fans here but if there are here you go, just for you:

:laugh: :laugh2: :dance: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh2: :dance: :rofl1:

Who? What?

Gunny
10-10-2015, 02:23 PM

Is this about professional wrestling?

gabosaurus
10-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Is this about professional wrestling?

Gunny dear, perhaps you should remain in threads about sports that you understand. I realize there aren't many of those, but you might try anyway. :cool:

Black Diamond
10-10-2015, 03:05 PM
Gunny dear, perhaps you should remain in threads about sports that you understand. I realize there aren't many of those, but you might try anyway. :cool:

It's the old joke. I went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out.

Gunny
10-10-2015, 03:12 PM

Got news for you, missy, I'm from the South. Hockey wasn't exactly anything anyone cared about until they figured out how to make ice in a closed stadium. It isn't that I don't actually know about it, it's that I don't care. The very idea there's a hockey team in a city where it's so hot I can't breathe during the day and sweat horribly boggles my mind.

And it's a stupid game. Soccer with a stick and puck and pads instead of a ball. Taking cheap shots is liberally allowed. Professional wrestling.

Motown
10-10-2015, 03:14 PM
You're just jealous you can't skate.

revelarts
10-10-2015, 03:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZyDsF-Gp3o

Black Diamond
10-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Got news for you, missy, I'm from the South. Hockey wasn't exactly anything anyone cared about until they figured out how to make ice in a closed stadium. It isn't that I don't actually know about it, it's that I don't care. The very idea there's a hockey team in a city where it's so hot I can't breathe during the day and sweat horribly boggles my mind.

And it's a stupid game. Soccer with a stick and puck and pads instead of a ball. Taking cheap shots is liberally allowed. Professional wrestling.

Bill Laimbeer.

Gunny
10-10-2015, 03:31 PM
You're just jealous you can't skate.

Actually I can. I just don't brag about it. :laugh: That was church group boot camp -- a trip to the rink. Been ice skating once. I could do it, but no one told me to wear long pants. :laugh: Didn't matter a whole lot since having skin on my knees between about 7 and 17 was a non happening event.

I just decided that whole riding around on two blades on a sheet of ice crap wasn't my gig. Give me some cleats and a diamond, football field, or some high tops and a court. I can slam anyone into a wall. Takes skill to play a game.

Motown
10-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Actually I can. I just don't brag about it. :laugh: That was church group boot camp -- a trip to the rink. Been ice skating once. I could do it, but no one told me to wear long pants. :laugh: Didn't matter a whole lot since having skin on my knees between about 7 and 17 was a non happening event.

I just decided that whole riding around on two blades on a sheet of ice crap wasn't my gig. Give me some cleats and a diamond, football field, or some high tops and a court. I can slam anyone into a wall. Takes skill to play a game.

It's too bad your neck of the woods didn't ice over during the winter, you would've loved hockey.

Gunny
10-10-2015, 03:46 PM
It's too bad your neck of the woods didn't ice over during the winter, you would've loved hockey.

Yeah, I don't think so. :laugh: I've lived in DC and central IL. Last year we stayed under snow for 2 months straight. I had to put on more clothes to go out to the garage to work out than I've had on since I've been home. I grew up running around barefoot in cut off jeans.

I have since added a tank top to my apparel list.:laugh:

Motown
10-10-2015, 03:55 PM
I feel sorry for you southerners. I get your point about pro hockey in the south though. A few years ago the Wings were in Dallas to play the Stars in the playoffs and the outside temp was something like 110 degrees. The network was showing close up shots of the ice surface and there was an inch of water on top of the ice, and the rink had fog. Once it gets that bad maybe it's time to re-consider the venue.

Black Diamond
10-10-2015, 04:17 PM
I can agree with Motown about the wings. I hate the blackhawks with a passion even though I am originally from Chicago area. My cousin lives and breathes blackhawks and I can't stand him.

Gunny
10-10-2015, 04:18 PM
I feel sorry for you southerners. I get your point about pro hockey in the south though. A few years ago the Wings were in Dallas to play the Stars in the playoffs and the outside temp was something like 110 degrees. The network was showing close up shots of the ice surface and there was an inch of water on top of the ice, and the rink had fog. Once it gets that bad maybe it's time to re-consider the venue.

No reason to feel sorry. When I lived in the north I was always stuck inside. And y'all's food sucks. Your idea of Mexican food is Taco Bell.

Neither hockey nor soccer are my sports. Hockey was played up North and was never on TV in the South, and soccer came out when I was a junior. I just have no appreciation for either game.

Black Diamond
10-10-2015, 04:21 PM
No reason to feel sorry. When I lived in the north I was always stuck inside. And y'all's food sucks. Your idea of Mexican food is Taco Bell.

Neither hockey nor soccer are my sports. Hockey was played up North and was never on TV in the South, and soccer came out when I was a junior. I just have no appreciation for either game.
I was in San Antonio last year on the river walk. Outstanding food.

Motown
10-10-2015, 04:23 PM

Why were you stuck inside? You weren't tough enough to handle it :poke:

Just checked a list of restaurants in Texas. You might not want to run the Taco Bell smack Mr. Pancho's Mexican Buffet.

Gunny
10-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Why were you stuck inside? You weren't tough enough to handle it :poke:

Just checked a list of restaurants in Texas. You might not want to run the Taco Bell smack Mr. Pancho's Mexican Buffet.

I was only stuck inside when I didn't want to wear my own bodyweight in clothes. You should try going out the garage in below zero weather and trying to lift weights when you already got 200 pounds of weight in clothing on. I was usually the only one out there because I can't stand being stuck inside.

I must have said that wrong. It was a major pain in the ass. I smoke and not in the house so I always had to have like a dual-use equipment thing going on. The ex GF always had the heater set on "inferno". From that to below zero wasn't one of my happy camper moments.

When I was lifting, I'd have to go in and thaw my hands halfway through. I was actually very hardcore about it. Still was a pain in the ass.:laugh:

Motown
10-10-2015, 04:49 PM
I was only stuck inside when I didn't want to wear my own bodyweight in clothes. You should try going out the garage in below zero weather and trying to lift weights when you already got 200 pounds of weight in clothing on. I was usually the only one out there because I can't stand being stuck inside.

I must have said that wrong. It was a major pain in the ass. I smoke and not in the house so I always had to have like a dual-use equipment thing going on. The ex GF always had the heater set on "inferno". From that to below zero wasn't one of my happy camper moments.

When I was lifting, I'd have to go in and thaw my hands halfway through. I was actually very hardcore about it. Still was a pain in the ass.:laugh:

You were doing it wrong, you don't need to wear a lot of heavy clothes, just layers, they don't have to be heavy.

Gunny
10-10-2015, 04:52 PM
You were doing it wrong, you don't need to wear a lot of heavy clothes, just layers, they don't have to be heavy.

It was layers. Ever try to clean and press or bench press with "layers"? Just got to go with the fact nothing works right at -10. If you can't say anything else, I'm determined and hard-headed. I was just always hoping those lunky ass insulated gloves wouldn't cause me to lose the bar.:laugh:

Motown
10-10-2015, 04:59 PM
It was layers. Ever try to clean and press or bench press with "layers"? Just got to go with the fact nothing works right at -10. If you can't say anything else, I'm determined and hard-headed. I was just always hoping those lunky ass insulated gloves wouldn't cause me to lose the bar.:laugh:

Yes, I have done that. When I was a kid my weight set was out in the garage. In Michigan. Even in the winter time. If you're working out you shouldn't have needed more than a big sweatshirt over a t-shirt, it's the hat that's important, you don't want to lose heat.

I'm going to guess that after you got done working out you didn't go out and shovel the drive way so you and your friends could play basketball? :laugh:

Gunny
10-10-2015, 05:29 PM
Yes, I have done that. When I was a kid my weight set was out in the garage. In Michigan. Even in the winter time. If you're working out you shouldn't have needed more than a big sweatshirt over a t-shirt, it's the hat that's important, you don't want to lose heat.

I'm going to guess that after you got done working out you didn't go out and shovel the drive way so you and your friends could play basketball? :laugh:

I actually DID go out and shovel the driveway. Winter before last. We had an average of 8" on the ground from mid-Dec to March. Lived in an old farmhouse on a corner with a drive that was an arc that emptied in 2 streets. I just dealt with it. A couple of times I just got in the truck and ran over it about 20 times so the ex GF could get her wannabe in the driveway.

But we can reverse this. You should see you yankees in South Texas in July. :laugh: Frickin' passing out all over the place after 2 beers. :laugh:

Motown
10-10-2015, 05:31 PM
I actually DID go out and shovel the driveway. Winter before last. We had an average of 8" on the ground from mid-Dec to March. Lived in an old farmhouse on a corner with a drive that was an arc that emptied in 2 streets. I just dealt with it. A couple of times I just got in the truck and ran over it about 20 times so the ex GF could get her wannabe in the driveway.

But we can reverse this. You should see you yankees in South Texas in July. :laugh: Frickin' passing out all over the place after 2 beers. :laugh:

I know what you mean. I had to go to Texas a couple of times for work and it takes awhile to get used to the heat. The only reason I was able to was because I'd been to some hot places in the Army.

Gunny
10-10-2015, 05:37 PM
Or "Let's go out and get us a Southern tan". Y'all pasty white people look like my fire-engine red pickup after 20 minutes. See any damned Texans laying out at 2 PM in July? Hell no. We got shade trees for a reason. :laugh:

Motown
10-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Or "Let's go out and get us a Southern tan". Y'all pasty white people look like my fire-engine red pickup after 20 minutes. See any damned Texans laying out at 2 PM in July? Hell no. We got shade trees for a reason. :laugh:

You're always tan down there. You don't understand the concept of "getting a good base". :laugh:

Gunny
10-10-2015, 05:47 PM
You're always tan down there. You don't understand the concept of "getting a good base". :laugh:

Oh yes, I most certainly do. Had 3 yankee girlfriends. Total disaster ever time. And apparently if you live on the Lakes, a diploma in cosmetology is a requirement. I never saw so much makeup on any one woman in my life. They were worse than my mom back in 60s which was Max Factor nirvana and big hair.

I'm not sure what they thought was appealing about that line on the jaw that went from rouge to pasty white.

F*ck, every time I had to wear war paint I broke out for two weeks until they quit making it oil based.

AND I think THAT is discrimination too. Black guys ain't got to wear the crap. :laugh:

gabosaurus
10-10-2015, 05:52 PM
In normally mild Los Angeles, it is pushing 100 degrees today. It's either El Nino or the weather gods don't like Obama. :laugh:

As a life long SoCal resident, I never saw a hockey game until someone gave us tickets to a Ducks playoff game in 2007. I was amazed at how fast it was and how skillful the players were, considering they were playing on an artificial surface and chasing a small puck traveling at immense speeds.

The sports I really pay attention to are baseball, hockey and soccer. I have developed a fondness for cricket through association with a cricket mad friend in Australia and my best friend's cricket mad husband in England.

Motown
10-10-2015, 06:00 PM
F*ck, every time I had to wear war paint I broke out for two weeks until they quit making it oil based.

AND I think THAT is discrimination too. Black guys ain't got to wear the crap. :laugh:

They had to paint up in the Army. Some of them didn't have to shave though, something about ingrown hairs.

Motown
10-10-2015, 06:05 PM
In normally mild Los Angeles, it is pushing 100 degrees today. It's either El Nino or the weather gods don't like Obama. :laugh:

As a life long SoCal resident, I never saw a hockey game until someone gave us tickets to a Ducks playoff game in 2007. I was amazed at how fast it was and how skillful the players were, considering they were playing on an artificial surface and chasing a small puck traveling at immense speeds.

The NHL is really fast, they pass a lot too. The minor leagues are a little slower and they don't pass as much but they make up for it by only charging $5 per ticket and selling $2 beers.

Gunny
10-10-2015, 06:10 PM
They had to paint up in the Army. Some of them didn't have to shave though, something about ingrown hairs.

Pseudofalliculitis.

Motown
10-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Pseudofalliculitis.

Yes, that's it. I couldn't remember the name.